collapse

Author Topic: Resident Evil 6 discussion thread (who has it?!)  (Read 1655 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Resident Evil 6 discussion thread (who has it?!)
« on: September 28, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »
Well i just got resident evil 6 early today....gotta love chinatown..its pretty cool so far. for those who also have it early OR from the "underground" hot source share your views on what you think of it...

Im a lil sleepy from work but im gonna play for a while, take a good nap and then jump into it heavy 8)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:53:18 PM by DeMoNk@I »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline theFuTur3

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 30, 2016, 11:04:53 PM
    • MugenMultiverse
Re: Resident Evil 6 discussion thread (who has it?!)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:37:24 PM »
how do u have the game already...its not out til tuesday
Hey remember when it wasn't cool to be a geek?

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »

If you dont live in NY like me and have a import game store in china town to get to THEN you will not have it early like me....

thats how i get most of my games early^^

As for the game folks i like it so so far....the graphics are on point. i like how they give you a choice of starting with Leon. chris or jake in campaign mode. I turned off my join in session though. you can do co op i guess on xboxlive...i rather play alone to beat it for the first time...im just hoping as things get thick my CPU partner is on point..i hated shiva in RE5 8=|

freakin annoying...

Odd thing though is this game didnt come with a booklet....im surprised :(|)

its 2 discs though
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:57:21 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »

you didnt notice the words "Underground" did ya bro? lol.

i been kickin it on the 360 demo. all i can say is i had some doubts but after playing some of Leon, Chris and Jake stories... i am very into it. each has its own take and feel within the RE universe.  Leons story represents alot of the original horror story driven feel with going through buildings not know whats coming and hearing those extra creepy voices. , which i liked of course lol, Chris story is like playing a good military action shooter  with some tight graphics and cool team efforts on the squad he leads. His right hand dude comes in handy like all of theirs do. Jake is like a Drake type feel but with some cool damn moments of hand to hand. i love doing some of those badazz moves on mutated monsters than none of the others would be able to do at all. Jake gets insane mad props. His story intro i saw is awesome. he woops some major zombie peeps and just pwned the one like he was nothing. toying with him basically. The martial arts moves were movie worthy.

all round so far i give this game a good 5 stars on the demo , so i can only imagine the full game. hope i wont be disappointed. there ya have it, Crom Lando RE 6 review on the demo game version.  :D :thumbsup:

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »
DK you gotta get a RL friend to play with. Its a lot easier if they are sitting right there with you. At least that's what I think, and how I played RE5.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »
DK you gotta get a RL friend to play with. Its a lot easier if they are sitting right there with you. At least that's what I think, and how I played RE5.

lol trust me sanji i know what ya mean but those days are over sadly. since me and my old gamer crew hit our 30s that whole come thru, chill and end games together at someone's house doesnt happen anymore  :-j I mean thats always cool but nah its tough to either get that going these days or even consistent online gaming....

But yo i LOVE RE6 so far the controls and action is just like RE4...however i heard that chris campaign maybe a little tough since the zombies swarm you heavy in packs i was told...

The action in the game as im playing is very smooth. not rugged and stiff. you can move fast. wrestle zombies off easy. break their necks. bulldog em and just that easy just stomp their heads in curbin em DEAD ISLAND style. also i LOVE LOVE LOVE the cpu helper. They fixed it 100 times better than annoying RE5...i hated the CPU in that game...she was pointless *Iceman ThumbsDown!*...

In this one the CPU knows how to shoot. when to shoot and WILL take the enemy out for you a lot of the times how its supposed to be. i found myself gettin jumped in a couple situations but the CPU really did its thang..

Graphics?? solid and smooth....very good...New zombie moans and groans too. even their body movements is stepped up. when they walk. fall. crawl etc....

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »
lol trust me sanji i know what ya mean but those days are over sadly. since me and my old gamer crew hit our 30s that whole come thru, chill and end games together at someone's house doesnt happen anymore  :-j I mean thats always cool but nah its tough to either get that going these days or even consistent online gaming....

But yo i LOVE RE6 so far the controls and action is just like RE4...however i heard that chris campaign maybe a little tough since the zombies swarm you heavy in packs i was told...

The action in the game as im playing is very smooth. not rugged and stiff. you can move fast. wrestle zombies off easy. break their necks. bulldog em and just that easy just stomp their heads in curbin em DEAD ISLAND style. also i LOVE LOVE LOVE the cpu helper. They fixed it 100 times better than annoying RE5...i hated the CPU in that game...she was pointless *Iceman ThumbsDown!*...

In this one the CPU knows how to shoot. when to shoot and WILL take the enemy out for you a lot of the times how its supposed to be. i found myself gettin jumped in a couple situations but the CPU really did its thang..

Graphics?? solid and smooth....very good...New zombie moans and groans too. even their body movements is stepped up. when they walk. fall. crawl etc....

like i said ...ahem.. 5 stars bro.  XD|| :w00t: :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »
ight i just finished Leons story in that game....loved it...wild action...ill be taking a crack Chris story right after some DOA5 action ;D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
Just played the demo...wow Leon's was some fear invoking stuff. Love the new system/camera/everything.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 08:49:47 PM »
Just played the demo...wow Leon's was some fear invoking stuff. Love the new system/camera/everything.

yeh man when you get the full game youll love it even more ^-^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
Ah, man I haven't even gotten the copy of Sleeping Dogs I have pressed hard to get. I'm going to be real far behind.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »
i have yet to play that game...ill let gamefly run that one by me. im not sure if id buy that but it does look cool.

the games recently i had to buy for my collection was Borderlands 2. RE6 and DOA5...all great games...

i think ill be tied up for a long time before i get to that sleeping dogs movement 8)

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »
man other than not being able to pause the game mid action.. the game is freakin sweet! def a good game of the year for this one.  dude... wait till you play chris story.... some of the craziest shootouts man. dudes not only run up on you... they run up on you from any direction! i was creeping under a truck/tunnel like thing to get under and go on the other sideduring a wild azz shootout session from my whole squad and theirs.. man dont you know i got the funny feeling like ...i was being followed? dude.. a freakin zombie soldier was on my azz in the damn crawlspace! it saw me go under and it FOLLOWED ME!  :o .. i was in freakin panick mode when i turned around whil;e crawling and saw him right at my cheeks! i was hoofing it asap to get out and when i turned around i saw him coming out right after me and stomped his head.  #:-S #:-S

yeah wait till you jack into Jake story.....you will see as well what i was saying about him. The sweet lil moves man. sweet. i am so hapy the NPC's are not usuless cannon fodder. they even not just cover you great...but each other. i saw 4 guys in chris campaign jumpin one zombie and when the other came over , 2 broke off to help the other guy he was attacking. Great work on that indeed.  This game blows away RE5 like it was Zeus  sneezing on an ant.  :D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »
lol yeh i like how the enemy AI is in the game now. its pretty slick and creepy. and yeh i realized you can pause the game but you have to have that network option totally off. i guess the game is locked in multiplayer mode even if you have on the dont allow to join option on. now i can pause whenever i feel like it #:-S

off topic...

YO that DOA5 is hot man..hella fast and i love that dramatic last minute super sh*t too...

back on topic....man that sh*t when you had to run through the city when all hell is breakin loose was crazy. trucks comin at you. bikers crashing into you. people running and some being chased down and eatin by zombies and whats worse is while youre trying to run past the zombies they still wanna eat yo @ss up too even though they already JUST CAUGHT a fresh meal already in session....the AI is somethin else man...

The subway with the runaway trains was ill too that you had make sure you stayed out of the way of

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Harbinger

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 03:46:47 PM
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 07:30:58 AM »
Got it on Saturday and beat all 4 campaigns. Each one took about 6-7 hours for me. Was fun, I enjoyed it. I liked the gameplay mechanic changes such as the rolling and diving, helped out in many situations! I preferred Leon's campaign due to it being Zombies and not J'avo with guns.

Beautiful game, fun, can't really fault it. Much better than Resi 5 at least.

Story was..odd.... I felt like nothing was accomplished. Don't get me wrong, the journey was great, but the destination felt lacking. Kinda wish it was Chris and Jill and then Leon and Claire. Would have made interactions with each other much more meaningful, especially with Sherry.
(click to show/hide)

Also, only 3 Mercs maps without the DLC? I do have the preorder DLC, all 3 extra maps but have no internet access at home so can't download them :(

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
Man, I am so happy to hear real gamers' opinions on the game. A friend of mine told me that a few game sites like Kotaku slammed RE6. We couldn't understand why cuz we watched a lot of trailers and read how Capcom improved and fixed many aspects of RE that it's hard to believe they would drop the ball as bad as these game sites claim. I may pick it up at a later date, for I'm focused on DOA5 and Borderlands.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:20:41 PM by Sabaki »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
Man, I am so happy to hear real gamers' opinions on the game. A friendly mine told me that a few game sites like Kotaku slammed RE6. We couldn't understand why cuz we watched a lit of trailers and read how Capcom improved and fixed many aspects of RE that it's hard to believe they would drop the ball as bad as these game sites claim. I may pick it up at a later date, for I'm focused on DOA5 and Borderlands.

haha like i said before bro i dont know what the hell these so called gamers be talking about. I didnt see anything wrong with that RE6 game. Capcom i cant front stepped up on what was wrong in the last RE5 or lacking (possibly) and threw it in this one just right. Anyone that starts off with leons story mission alone will totally look at the game in a better light....i had fun playing through his story seriously even when some tough situations got hairy. It was digestible ^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
Wow I looked up the reviews. A 2/5? Are they nuts?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »
maybe theyre right. I been waiting over a hour for someone else to join. My connection is good too. so maybe no one is playing.  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 06:46:56 PM »
Wow I looked up the reviews. A 2/5? Are they nuts?

:D i mean the thing im curious to read up on is WHY it gets a 2/5 i seriously dont get it. i heard some folks say you run out of ammo fast and its had to get bullets...WHAT?? im the first to complain about somethin like that and i didnt see that all...now in RE5 it felt like that and code veronica. both games i ended but lawd it was a painful experience

you know what ive grown to understand as an older gamer? be your own reviewer. Listening to others bashing somethin is a good way to miss out on a good game. Theres 3 freakin stories. I played leons first and it was fairly long. It kept my attention. That says a lot because i dont know what it is but i lose interest in certain games fast after a while now and just stop playing for a long time. I played his mission story for two days straight and i loved it. Now i have to do chris and jakes

How the hell is the game wack and you have a crazy situation that goes down where all 4 characters are trying to take down one boss??!! the sh*t was crazy man....that alone had me wondering how the hell jakes story is because jake pretty hinted that boss was stalking him and the chick through most of his mission....i guess in his story his was the "STAAAARRRS nemesis".....lol eh :-j i loved it

i want to hear or read why folks dont like it who actually played it entirely and not just the demo....i seriously do cuz im baffled by that

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 07:02:56 PM »
the bullets bits im happy about. its call survival for a reason. people need to learn how to and when to aim/ fire. I felt five too much ammo. I agree i love the game and the only down i see is the controls are a little wonkers but its cool once you get use to it.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »
the bullets bits im happy about. its call survival for a reason. people need to learn how to and when to aim/ fire. I felt five too much ammo. I agree i love the game and the only down i see is the controls are a little wonkers but its cool once you get use to it.

RE6 has about as much ammo as RE4 so i dont see how a person would say they run out of ammo too fast. like you said you have to learn how to shoot and how to aim...

as for Veronica yeh ill more so say compared to RE4,5 & 6 that ammo was hella limited in the sense of You couldnt kill zombies or creatures and 98% of the time ammo drops....so ill take back what i said about including RE5. my issue with RE5 was that CPU AI assist....that was the real problem. i havent played that game in eons so i kinda forgot and your right that game did have a lot of ammo. from killing enemies and other stuff^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 10:28:50 PM »
I've seen people play Res Evil like CoD, where they just spray the zombies, or try to take them down with body shots. People don't seem to get it: aim for the head (or weakpoint on BOWs), and nothing else. If you unload 5 shots into every zombie you deserve to fight them off with a knife.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »
I've seen people play Res Evil like CoD, where they just spray the zombies, or try to take them down with body shots. People don't seem to get it: aim for the head (or weakpoint on BOWs), and nothing else. If you unload 5 shots into every zombie you deserve to fight them off with a knife.

lol exactly man....thats the first damn thing i aim for in any zombie game is a head shot... or shoot out the legs in a desperate situation to get away fast from a swarm...you can shoot down one zombie and make him fall and trip all the others following down too...

it amazes that the so called RE fans out there act like they dont understand the science behind these RE games...hell if you ask me the very first 3 should have prepped anyone for this kind of game. it was a lot tougher to take out enemies in that one. you had less ammo (meaning you couldnt kill and get bullets) and less weapons. in RE6 theres weapons all over the place and you can level up....how this game gets low ratings is bugged out to me^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »
:-?? from what I saw - I like what they done with Leon/Helena, it's more like RE again. When it comes to Chris/Piers - it looks like trash, so secondary. Jake/Sherry - kinda mixed up of prev 2(even HUD is mixed of Leon's and Chris') and I didn't saw what they done with Ada.
Yeah, my opinion is kinda preconceived there, 'coz I find those zombies with guns transforming into shooting moths or something else hilarious, whatever explanation they have(new strain leaving infected person conscious) it's trash. And I also don't like when back of character(or front, like in Jake/Sherry part when running you see front of your char, but not where you are running) blocks view, yeah, it's more cinematic, but that makes watching walkthrough much more enjoyable than playing yourself. Making game without pause is also plain stupid - you answering a phone call or going to do your human needs and without finishing it running to your console 'coz someone killing you there... ;*))
Well, to each his/her own and this game is not for me, maybe I'd played Leon's part and bear that 3rd person view, it is good, it is step back on the right track, but I rather watch someone plays it, watching as a movie would be much more pleasurable for me and other parts of game... Just no, I won't waste my time on this and play Borderlands 2, which I'm in love with :P
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare