collapse

Author Topic: Capcoms lame so called SF Series anniversary bundle  (Read 1530 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Capcoms lame so called SF Series anniversary bundle
« on: May 29, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »
I would have been proud to put this in the gaming news but F*ck all that. this right here needs its own discussion thread. My favored company is just f*cking up more and more now.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/street-fighter-fans-get-what-capcom-wants-not-what-they-deserve-6378437/?tag=Topslot%3BStreetFighterWhatHappened%3BStreetFighterFansGetW

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO:
EX series
The full 3rd strike series (not that OE bullsh*t). what? no W impact??
The pocket fighter series?
The Puzzle Fighter series?
THE ALPHA SERIES??
SUPER STREET FIGHTER SERIES??
REGULAR street fighter 2 and Street fighter 2 turbo hyper edition?? No champion edition?? ???

yeh yeh blah blah yall can say oh it would be too much money to do all those games, yeah whatever :-@
If youre going to put something out like that then you need to do it in volumes 1 2 3. dont say this is a SF serie COMPLETE bundle and half the series is missin.

Thats about as bad as when Konami announced release the Silent Hill HD collection BUT THEY DIDNT ADD IN THE VERY FIRST ONE!

WTF is that BS?? smh... :-w

ight Kai is done venting...Carry on====>

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Re: Capcoms lame so called SF Series anniversary bundle
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:02:57 PM »
I'm sorry, t this is just whining.

the only thing missing from that package is alpha 3.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
The answer is eay, Capcom just bundled together 3 games that everyone already bought and added SFxT which has been lagging in sales. They'll get everyone to busy SFII yet again...

p.s. I'm all over this box set, not for the games but most of all for the 11 disks of music, Ryu belt and the book.

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
Well, hey, least Street Fighter the Animated Series is included.  That makes it worth the price alone.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
I'm sorry, t this is just whining.

the only thing missing from that package is alpha 3.

its still crap man as far as a anniversary set. As a fan of that series please dude No EX or even the Full 3rd strike series OR EVEN ALPHA? That sf HD turbo remix was trash man. its how you feel as a fan of the series. i took this the same way as the silent hill deal. HD collection without the first one? thats stupid. SF X T has hella glitch reports now and they know the sales aint doing good right now. so for me to be whining naw...its a reason to vent as a fan its a lame deal. Major things as far as the games go are missing. This only works for folks not much of a fan of the series. The animated series i can get from online free bro..Most of that stuff i aleady have on dvd..Now Give me SF X T with all the characters UNLOCKED or  FREE CODE to get them?? then we are talking^^ So to me for all that music and movies thats cool for 150 bucks if ya that gun ho about that. The Games they selected to be in there was dry. But thats just my opinion. Good luck buying that^^ A pre order and two games of SF X T for both systems with locked content is enough for me man seriously

p.s. I'm all over this box set, not for the games but most of all for the 11 disks of music, Ryu belt and the book.

Exactly....and thats my whole point right there. Its not for the games because seriously theres nothing to drool for. everything else seems cool though. AS FAR AS THE MUSIC GOES

Well, hey, least Street Fighter the Animated Series is included.  That makes it worth the price alone.

I guess....but like i said U torrent is your best friend and you can get that easy for free with no extra PC updgrades to watch it either un like most games to download^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:44:36 PM »
even the Full 3rd strike series

Why would you want a game that doesn't have all the characters? For the endings, the stages? Something else irrelevent to gameplay?

That sf HD turbo remix was trash man.

The most balanced version of a game (which gives you acces to the original super turbo, as well as the original sprites) is"trash"?

I'm a big fan of Streetfighter, but with all the updates, why wouldn't you want the latest version? al the other version feel like incomplete games.

TBH I only played EX (EX2) once and I hated it.... But I hate 3d fightng games in general, also, I don't think Capcom owns the rights to the EX series (at least the original characters.)

I will agree that givng you the codes for the SFxT DLC would've been great.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
Man, I honestly don't see why everyone S***s on the EX series. I mean, what it the lack of the familiar characters, cause the console versions solved that problem and EX3 was a great game. Killing Akuma in EX2 though de-cannonizes the whole series but it's still a good game.

I can see why they didn't add it or Alpha 3 for that matter because the other games are already online compatible. Alpha 3 will probably a future arcade/network title that they haven't even though about working on until now that people are missing it. Still, strickly on a monetary issue, the four games included retail at $110, and all the bonus items more that make the collection a bargin at $149.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »
@Whiplash:

It was BS to me because i have all the 3rd strike games on Disc and playing THAT VERSION online was a nightmare with all the lag and all 8=|. and it seemed hella stiff. wasnt enjoyable for me. thats just my opinion. the new layout update looked nice though. again thats why i said it was Bullsh*t. thats just my oldschool opinion

and i totally disagree with what you said about Super street fighter 2 turbo HD remix being the best Balanced. lol i dont know how you got that. but hey thats your opinion :-??. That game played stiff as hell each time i played it at my friends house. to make sure i wasnt buggin i loaded up the classic version just to see the difference and wow it was major. it felt faster....AGAIN thats just my opinion and why i said that. I left that alone asap. and thats bad

above all, The missing of ALPHA 3 was total fail....then seeing SF X T in there again im like whatever 8=|. i like the game but i aint buying that sh*t a 3rd time unless a free code for the locked characters is there. Honestly that alone would make that bundle worth more than 150 bucks. i would feel redeemed because not only im getting all that other stuff i get to have all those characters instantly unlike the two copies of the game i have for 360 and PS3 lol real talk! :-??

It depends on how you feel as a Fan of that series. I love it but i aint crazy about it to buy that. You dont like the EX series but yet i do. theres a difference right there. EX series was great it introduced some cool sh*t. The combos in there was crazy. i just dont see This new bundle worth the buy (for me) as far as what i have already and what ive experienced while playing a couple of those updated versions like HD and OE.  thats why i said that^^
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:59:51 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
....then seeing SF X T in there again im like whatever 8=|. i like the game but i aint buying that sh*t a 3rd time unless a free code for the locked characters is there. Honestly that alone would make that bundle worth more than 150 bucks.

I think the collection does have DLC codes for all content for each game.

I'm correct, Both SSFIV:Arcade and SFxT comes with DLC codes for all costume and character packs for both games.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:33:47 PM »
uhhh sorry, not wasting my money. no sf x tekken codes? forget it. my money is worth something to me.  everybody that buys it, does so cause they want it for they own reasons.  cant knock that.

but ......this doesnt sound like a bargin to me expecially if it doesnt live up to the name...SERIES ANNIVERSARY . you wanna give me a complete package for 150... gimmie 1 through 3 series all games SF ( ok Minus ex cause other developer owns game rights, i get that ) not skip any. you wanna give me something, gimmie all of them.  already robbed me in mvc 3 and sf x tekken , so i aint lettin your milk my ....wallet ...for another game.  not venting, not ranting but speakin from a worried consumer side.  ok maybe a tiny wee vent. lol. bnut well deserved and in my right.  ::salute::

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »
I quote myself.

I think the collection does have DLC codes for all content for each game.

I'm correct, Both SSFIV:Arcade and SFxT comes with DLC codes for all costume and character packs for both games.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »

SFxT comes with DLC codes for all costume and character packs

well guess what bro.. i aint buyin that anniversary to get codes then. wait till spereate release on 360 . lol. but it should come out on 360 first and then add in that crap. not force me top buy that anniversary to get them. i hope thats not the case? /:O :-??

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »
I quote myself.

i dont know G i read that over a 3rd time after the first. Im not taking that serious what they said until i see a definite singled out quote like "ALSO YOU GET TO HAVE THE CODE FOR ALL 12 CHARACTERS FOR SF X T AS WELL!....Capcom really wanted to give back to its fans!".......somethin like that man lol. They burned us too many times. they better be clearer this time lol

Feel me? this is sneaky capcom we talkin bout here lol. Im just sayin man. they throw too many curve balls now for me man seriously

But to everyone here:

im coming from a nostalgic FAN point of view when they are talking about an "anniversary collection". that presentation they made alone made it seem like "EVERY SF game that ever came out up until SF X TK is included"..THE HISTORY OF SF..which its not...Now thats a REAL anniversary. They might as well call this SF bundle pack "generations 4" (as fas as non core oldschool and just mainly new gen updated stuff along with the latest in the SF franchise. thats what im saying

basically i kinda feel the same way the reporter felt on the article. thats where im coming from with this

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
I think the package was made for today, as in people would be more likely to buy content that is relevant now.

It has Super SFII (in HD form, for modern consoles), and a COMPLETE version of SFIII, w/online. That plus BOTH modern games?
Granted, most people probably already have most of it, but it is pretty comprehensive.

The pocket fighter series?
The Puzzle Fighter series?
Not very likely, as they aren't really main games. Maybe it would be nice, since they are available on the PSN/XBL.

EX has all kinds of rights issues, so that wasn't happening.

Honestly if I had the $, I'd buy this, as I never got SFxT, SSFIV (only Vanilla), or SFII Online (plus my SSFII HD is time limited, PSPlus).

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »
yeah your def right sanji tho , it right for people who dont have any of those games especially the newer incarnations. then yeah your getting a bargin, but not for the thrify consumer who has already bought them. its useless for me to have  copies of games i already own. ~X( :'(

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
I think the package was made for today, as in people would be more likely to buy content that is relevant now.

Honestly if I had the $, I'd buy this, as I never got SFxT, SSFIV (only Vanilla), or SFII Online (plus my SSFII HD is time limited, PSPlus).

EXACTLY! lol thats my whole point...and coming from me i have damn there all that already. At my age now (me and lando are a few years apart) i dont feel the need to buy over again the little of what i already have. New gen or old. UNLESS its a complete collection. an Historical SF Bundle. Thats how hard core i am with it.

lol again i read the same thing G lux read on SF X T DLC (which would really push me to cop it then off GP) but how they worded it wasnt strong enough for me considering all the upsets they made with that disc having sh*t locked on there....that reporter's post dont sound too convincing to me in that area..it was like he whispered that sh*t in there at the end...lmao
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:38:34 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »

and i totally disagree with what you said about Super street fighter 2 turbo HD remix being the best Balanced. lol i dont know how you got that.

I read that SF 2 turbo was all about stupid shananigins with Sagat, but they fixed it in HD remix.

Also I've seen some tier lists ad th match ups are pretty fair for the most part, compared to older versions.

It was BS to me because i have all the 3rd strike games on Disc and playing THAT VERSION online was a nightmare with all the lag and all . and it seemed hella stiff. wasnt enjoyable for me. thats just my opinion. the new layout update looked nice though. again thats why i said it was Bullsh*t. thats just my oldschool opinion

Well, the online is pretty butt... But it's just a port, I bought it to play it on he 360.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 23, 2024, 10:31:11 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »
EXACTLY! lol thats my whole point...and coming from me i have damn there all that already. At my age now (me and lando are a few years apart) i dont feel the need to buy over again the little of what i already have. New gen or old. UNLESS its a complete collection. an Historical SF Bundle. Thats how hard core i am with it.

^^(PM)^ good words my friend couldnt agree more.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 01:19:37 AM »
A replica Ryu belt? I've also heard of a replica Leon Jacket coming with a special edition with RE6.

What is Capcom trying to do, start a fashion line? o.O#

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »
Lol, it's all moot anyways since I'm out on Capcom till they quit f'ing up with Mega Man.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 01:37:55 AM »
A replica Ryu belt? I've also heard of a replica Leon Jacket coming with a special edition with RE6.

What is Capcom trying to do, start a fashion line? o.O#
lol Captivate. Now at Macy's everywhere.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 03:24:06 AM »
The choice of games is REALLY f-in lame.

Offline Moon Girard

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 17, 2015, 10:19:57 PM
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 03:29:26 AM »
The only legit Complaint here is that it's missing the first Street Fighter and SF Alpha 3 Max you have the most complete version of SF 2,3 and 4 why would they include all the different version of them i don't know any company who would, the EX series is never going to be used again because Capcom doesn't own the rights to the EX characters. Why would they include Puzzle fighter and Gem fighter those don't have Street Fighter in the name they also have Darkstalkers and Red Earth characters in them so it's not like it's SF only expecting them in would be like Expecting Capcom Fighting Jam or the Vs.'s that aren't just SF. You guys must of had a heart attack at the Mario 25th anniversary set which only include the first 3 mario games a book on the history and making of mario and a CD with some selected songs from all the mario games (unlike the full sound track for each SF game in this) that include noises from the level like getting coins. This is actually one of the best Anniversary packs there is besides the Sonic one.

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/30/capcom-explains-why-alpha-series-wasnt-included-street-fighter-25th-anniversary-package/

Capcom's explanation about why SFA isn't in the package.  Interpret it as you will.

what this person said below about that article is...again exactly how i feel about it pretty much

Oroku_Saki:

As far as I'm concerned, that 25th anniversary package, is aimed at people who haven't bought anything SF-related since 2009, and the newer fans who, maybe only have one game or something.

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 11:40:08 AM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat