collapse

Author Topic: The Official DOA 5 Thread  (Read 4696 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: The Official DOA 5 Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »
Akira ai is same craziness in VF5 so i aint surprised at all. lol
So you're saying he fell for scrub tactics in VF5 also?

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 11:33:33 PM »
So you're saying he fell for scrub tactics in VF5 also?

only mostly certain characters like jacky, sarah and a couple fast hitters, yeah you can pounce on him good if your skilled  at the scrub tactics. its just not letting him get that combo chaining he does off and SIDE STEP FOR YOUR LIFE! yeah he fell for some cheap tactics but its probably cause i got good enough to find those and hit him at right moments. i basically rushed him with it.  the Ai in VF5 is hardbody when you get to Akira.  So if he falling way too easy for scrub tactics in DOA5 then yeah they will wanna patch that. But i garuntee is they make him exactly like VF5 Ai.... pray for your win. [-O<

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 11:36:19 PM »
only mostly certain characters like jacky, sarah and a couple fast hitters, yeah you can pounce on him good if your skilled  at the scrub tactics. its just not letting him get that combo chaining he does off and SIDE STEP FOR YOUR LIFE! yeah he fell for some cheap tactics but its probably cause i got good enough to find those and hit him at right moments. i basically rushed him with it.  the Ai in VF5 is hardbody when you get to Akira.  So if he falling way too easy for scrub tactics in DOA5 then yeah they will wanna patch that. But i garuntee is they make him exactly like VF5 Ai.... pray for your win. [-O<
1. Sidestep like crazy.

2. Don't let him chain.

3. Pray.

Got it. lol

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »
 :D yup, the only 3 things you will need to know to fight Akira. lol

i dont know how he plays in DOA5.. i havent gotten it yet.  But yeah in VF5....especially the new one Final Showdown. Praying to your God is a mustIf you dont.. you will be doing a whole lot of cussing and this... \-/o :'(

i wonder if Sarah has some of those new moves ( Final Showdown) in this game or she just got either new ones period or her regulars from VF5?  i played with eliot quite a bit in doa4...didntr favor him because of his slow start speed to some of his moves but he can wack you around pretty good all over the place because of how once they connect they blast you away. so if he is better in this game then thats great news. I also liked how they deviated away from the very anime look even tho that was awesome as well but this is even better cause it has the realness of VF5 . i will probably be getting my copy on friday if i got enough in paycheck. hopefully! bills has been kickin my butt. lol.

i still wish they bring in a Kenpo master like Jeff speakman type moves to either VF or Doa... awesomeeee! lol.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »
i will probably be getting my copy on friday if i got enough in paycheck. hopefully! bills has been kickin my butt. lol.
Yeah, it may be awhile before I throw $60 at the Playstation. I have it rented to see if I want to buy it... Which is a yes. lol Sorry Tekken, this is just more fun. (Flame Shield up.)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »
Sorry Tekken, this is just more fun. (Flame Shield up.)

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

man TT2 is aight, but yeah , this one seems to be more fun. I played TT2 the other day....again.. as a big tekken fan myself ...it was aight. But i personally love Doa alot more.  So no Flame shield needed bro...or is that for the other Tekken fans? then Max Flame Shield on full power will be needed.  :D

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 12:13:00 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure TTT2 is fun, but my fighting game collection has more than enough Tekken. And I wasn't crazy about Tekken 6.

So no Flame shield needed bro...or is that for the other Tekken fans? then Max Flame Shield on full power will be needed.  :D

Yeah the flame shield was for the other Tekken players. lol

Edit: Dang this game is unforgiving. You eff up and it reminds you that you eff'd up. lol

Edit 2:
I just beat story mode and...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:26:22 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »
Picked up the game a few days ago. DOA5 is gonna be my main fg for a while. Team Ninja really did a good job in fixing & balancing the series. The hold system is no longer over powered, but needs to be used with some smart reads, while the offense game with attacks just feels right. Getting the hang of tagging in a Critical Burst after a 4-hit combo so to score a guarantee juggle. So far, I'm maining Hayate, and practicing with others to see who else I will main. Who's everyone else's mains?

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »
Who's everyone else's mains?
I'm maining Mila and Eliot so far. Mostly Mila though. Eliot's used mainly for tag-team.

Hey, does anyone know how I changed Kasumi's hairstyle? I did it once and can't figure out how. I wonder if you can do that with other characters too?

Edit: Figured it out. Hold R1/R when selecting the costume to slightly change the appearance. Only works with certain costumes.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:34:27 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
Well i picked up my copy early this morning right after work and been playing only story mode and trying figure it out and beat it. So far i am thinking ofmaining rig, Sarah, Helena and either Eliot, Mila or hitomi. I haven't got to really dove in hardcore yet. But from story mode playing as characters rig is my favorite.  His moves are pure win.like sabaki said about the game i agree too. Team ninja :'( definetly stepped this game up even more. In the store they had this game and tt2 next to each other...glad i picked doa5 lol

@ Shadaloo .....bro you wasn't joking either ...if you heffa up....it reminds you just how bad you did. I miss a counter i got punished.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »
Picked up the game a few days ago. DOA5 is gonna be my main fg for a while. Team Ninja really did a good job in fixing & balancing the series. The hold system is no longer over powered, but needs to be used with some smart reads, while the offense game with attacks just feels right. Getting the hang of tagging in a Critical Burst after a 4-hit combo so to score a guarantee juggle. So far, I'm maining Hayate, and practicing with others to see who else I will main. Who's everyone else's mains?

My Ryu versus your Hayate...now THAT should be interesting lol :O*D

Im ok in DOA5. i havent played enough human players in the past DOA games to say im "good". just a couple of old friends. But this new one is like wow...you can definitely tell its a new DOA game....
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
@ Shadaloo .....bro you wasn't joking either ...if you heffa up....it reminds you just how bad you did. I miss a counter i got punished.
Yeah. I'm sticking to combos I know, because if you drop one, might as well call the match. lol I am going through Eliot and Mila's command training every time I start up the game though. Plus in training mode it tells you what can combo into what. I need to get my timing down on the holds though.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2012, 09:21:54 PM »
@DK : Ryu vs Hayabusa? You're on!

@Shadoloo : yeah, loving training mode. Gives you so many options to how to script the AI, to have a mini move chart on the screen to show how you can branch you current attack to available strings, as well gave data like frames, attack height, etc. I'm really studying up in this game.

Haven't played anyone either, and I haven't finished story mode. Hoping to get some DOA5 action tonight so I could unlock some characters.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »
@Shadoloo : yeah, loving training mode. Gives you so many options to how to script the AI, to have a mini move chart on the screen to show how you can branch you current attack to available strings, as well gave data like frames, attack height, etc. I'm really studying up in this game.
This game has what every other fighting game ever lacks:
A decent TRAINING mode instead of a Practice-What-You-Already-Know mode.

Calling it right now: This may be one of my favorite fighters depending on how online mode plays out. I'll have to buy it to see that though. Well worth it in my book. More so than MvC3, SFxT, or SC5. (All of which I love.)

Still, wish they would have made arcade mode endings.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2012, 10:06:41 PM »

Top Team is Helena and Rig.  Love these two.

Others that I've started to use:

Helena and Eliot

Christie and Bayman:  A weird choice, I'll admit.   However, her speed and his strength really compliment each other.   She sets them up real nice and Bayman takes them down...painfully.    It's a good fit. 

Christie and Helena:  Mortal enemies...sure.   However, if you put them together, they make an incredible tag team.

As seen from my list, I guess you could say Helena is my main...well, er... main.   What can I say?  Gotta love her.   Plus I love the french accent when she speaks... very hot.

@Shadaloo:  lol, if I come across anything of particular note with Eliot, I'll be sure to share.

@Lando:  Glad you finally were able to pick it up, man.  Enjoy!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »
I mentioned I run through command training with Mila and Eliot every time I start up the game correct? Well, I just had an idea to make it more epic:

I did Mila's training with her sweat pants and hoody costume in the gym stage with the music muted and this playing:

(click to show/hide)

I will never do it without that music again. lol

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
Lmao... just excellent.   That is too good.   

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »
@shadaloo: crazy dude man lol But it works! :thumbsup:
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »
Ok, just catching up on the story of DOA through Youtube, and DOA4 has the greatest intro ever. Not that it has any awesome visuals or anything, but friggin' Aerosmith is playing through the intro. :w00t:

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »
If you liked that, you should look up Helena's ending for DOA4.  It's really cool, and long (cause it actually leads into the credits).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:52:38 PM by Tazzer »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2012, 08:41:42 PM »
Got to play in training mode and learning some of the moves for Helena and 4 others. Good lawd their. Move list are robust! Definetly a much deeper fighter and feels like a whole new doa.  Helena has so many moves and combos i had to take a break to try out the ones i got down pack.  Every character is pretty good. I am liking Mila alot. Her and rig are great new additions to the series. I wonder still how to unlock pai. I definetly would love to see even move outfits. So far.. no complaints at all.

Oh yeah Sarah and rig on harder settings are pure feet to everywhere on your body beasts!

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
You have to gain 100 titles to unlock Pai, bro.   300 for Alpha-152.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
I am liking Mila alot.
You shall not steal her from me!!! \-/o

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:02:55 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »
 :D whatever. Shadaloo bro. Lol.

Oh so you wanna sprite doa5 characters huh?  \-/o
Its on now bro! XD||
Looks great too!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2012, 11:11:21 PM »
Oh so you wanna sprite doa5 characters huh?  \-/o
Its on now bro! XD||
Looks great too!

Oh it's on now huh?
BRING IT!!! I LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING WHAT YOU COME UP WITH BRO!!!
I have deemed her worthy of bad@$$ fighter-hood, so I decided I would be the first to sprite her... Or atleast the first according to Google.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:21:23 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal