collapse

Author Topic: Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?  (Read 5069 times)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 12:08:46 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
I like the Snes version of turtles in time the best because of the extra stages and bosses.  Like Bebob and Rocksteady with Pirate hats on.  The PS3 resheled version was cool, but since it was based on the arcade version it's missing the Snes extra goodies.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »
And that's why SNES was the best system ever! Well, I thought it was. Plus there was Tournament Fighters, it was awesome and always wished we had gotten a sequel to it...it was able to hang with SF2. Would have been better with a bigger roster.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
And that's why SNES was the best system ever! Well, I thought it was. Plus there was Tournament Fighters, it was awesome and always wished we had gotten a sequel to it...it was able to hang with SF2. Would have been better with a bigger roster.

And you my man will be legendary in my book for saying that because i feel the same way 100% :) I still have my old snes TMNT TF cartridge. I remember i wrote a huge essay to Konami back then hoping they would come out with a TF2 game lol. The main rep of the R&R hit me back in another letter and said he doubted that would happening considering the other projects that were on the table. SO i asked him about a Castlevania fighting game telling him what i thought would be cool and he said (at the time) "sounds like a wild idea! well you never know what may happen in the future ;)"......THUS a castlevania fighting game comes out a decade later for the Wii  :D

haha eh anyway theres always mugen now for a TF2 game  ;D *hint hint*

But yeh seriously snes (which i still have) was the best system. mode 7 graphics. the sound quality. everything. i hated the TMNT TF on genesis. sorry i couldnt deal with it :-??

and on that note a nostalgia attack it is ^-^....(this is officially a TMNT thread now lol)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:15:16 PM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2012, 07:38:34 PM »
Considering all the TMNT discussion going on in here and all the retro flashbacks, yeah might as well make this the IMT Official TMNT Thread.

Tournament Fighters really was a good fighting game, it was so underrated and didn't get the attention that SF2 did. I think people just wrote it off as a SF2 clone and didn't bother giving it a shot. It had great characters, game-play and music...I still listen to the soundtrack to this day.

It seems like it was just a one shot deal for Konami with that game, mainly to capitalize on the TMNT craze back then. Oh well, love live the SNES and the golden era of gaming.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
i had both fighting games, the snes one and the genisis one. i gear far more towards the snes one, better controller  and i could pull off some cool moves. oh the memories! ok now i wanna play it! >:(

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »
It's surprising how good Tournament Fighters turned out though considering it was done by Konami and not Capcom. Makes one wonder why they didn't produce more fighters. Though I wonder what TMNT:TF would have been like if Capcom did it, imagine a arcade CPS2 or CPS3 TMNT fighter. At least back in the day when Capcom was still doing 2D.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2012, 10:09:17 PM »
It's surprising how good Tournament Fighters turned out though considering it was done by Konami and not Capcom. Makes one wonder why they didn't produce more fighters. Though I wonder what TMNT:TF would have been like if Capcom did it, imagine a arcade CPS2 or CPS3 TMNT fighter. At least back in the day when Capcom was still doing 2D.

i wonder the same as well. Konami did do a very good job on it. but i think they were more a side scroller and shooter peeps back in the later 80's then. back then when i was a kid, you didnt worry about the company name , you was more about the game itself. lol. so over 20 so years later its funny to see how the its  done changed with all the experienced built and reps gained that alot of gamers tie in company name over a product. made by so and so , might suck. lol.  So with tmnt tournament fighters it worked very good. i would wonder as well would they bring that same zany fighting that was a bit solid  to the new gen. that i would buy as long as it was about the quality first and not just the name.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
I came to be familiar with companies like Capcom and Konami back in the day just from the games they released. I knew which companies made the stuff I liked, but that didn't occur till the SNES era. It was all about the games back then, wasn't about graphics or gimmicks just pure, solid , blissful game-play. Both Konami and Capcom had it in spades.

I don't think Tournament Fighters would work in this day and age or I should say something of that caliber of quality could never be made now. Sometimes it's best to leave in the past what belongs there and not try to bring it back and end up tainting it.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »

I don't think Tournament Fighters would work in this day and age or I should say something of that caliber of quality could never be made now. Sometimes it's best to leave in the past what belongs there and not try to bring it back and end up tainting it.

hmmm very true . some games do need to stay where they are for their nostalgia. it would be more of a gema for us older crowd that remember those games hardbody. plus...i serrioulsy wouldnt want anyone screwing it up.  :D but i will say it would be cool to go HR with it  if ever was to attempt at it. i dont think its always a bad idea to bring back SOME games , cause trust bro, i know alot that definetly should never be touched and leave them just like they are. or....hmmm make a nostalgia compilations. like put it out on 360 live arcade as a downloadable game.  i would buy that. :thumbsup:

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2012, 11:08:33 PM »
A 2D HD sequel would be quite nice, though I'm not too particularly fond of HD sprites. I think what they need to do is what Capcom did for SF3 Online Edition. Bring the game back and add online and some other features, but don't mess with the game-play. If they could add more to it like stages and characters that would just be a hell of a bonus, but it might unbalance the game.

Now, I don't think everything should stay stuck in the past, as revivals can be awesome if done right...point being just that, if it's done right.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »
A 2D HD sequel would be quite nice, though I'm not too particularly fond of HD sprites. I think what they need to do is what Capcom did for SF3 Online Edition. Bring the game back and add online and some other features, but don't mess with the game-play. If they could add more to it like stages and characters that would just be a hell of a bonus, but it might unbalance the game.

Now, I don't think everything should stay stuck in the past, as revivals can be awesome if done right...point being just that, if it's done right.

&

@ Lando:

They could have Arc system works to assist with a sequel or remix HD. i was very impressed with how they did that new addition of Contra called "Hard corps uprising". The exclusive Xboxlive Arcade game at the time.  I played that game a whole lot. Hella unlockables and the animation/3D look was great. Even the music was good. haha even my lady loved playing that game over and over unlocking stuff smh. The fun factor was definitely there is what my point is. Those two company teams teaming up was a pretty cool shock though.

Eh anyway it can be done if they really wanted to. TMNT is still relevant today. More characters, stages and extra material would definitely work. I still wanted to use Casey Jones in the SNES version. That game was so damn fun. i always dominated anyone in that game using Mike, Ralph or donatello. The moveset was on point! It definitely rivaled SF 2 turbo at the time with no problem at all. Those were the BEST fighting games on snes at the time. I think it would be a great addition online to the Fighting game genre of today. Theres a lot of good n bad guys from the TMNT universe that could be a great addition to the game....
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
That's the thing, awesome conditions to team up and make great games like Hard Corps Uprising happens once in a blue moon. We just don't get that sort of thing often because companies see it as a waste of time and money to pour resources into a product that caters to only a minority. Core gamers need to be tossed a bone more often, but we seem to be irrelevant to game companies now. Anyway, that's a whole other topic.

Someone just needs to get that license and do a 2D TMNT fighter, Arc System Works so far is the only company I see that could do this...no one else does 2D anymore. Reality prefers to kick me in the jewels though and let me know the chances of that happening are slim to nil and that if we ever got a new TMNT fighter it would be 3D and probably play like 3 month old diarrhea.

I say let the fans make it, we got Mugen and other engines. Just take what has been made and build around it, people could upgrade TMNT:TF and add to it. I mean the fans are making better games than the actual developers these days....which is pretty sad when you think about it.

I vote for a playable Krang in his body suit thing and a Foot Soldier.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
Yeah I would like Arc Systems style HR graphics to take a cool Jab at that.  They put they thing down when they do something. It shows pretty good. So yeah my vouch would definetly go with them if a company was to do them. i wouldnt want it 3D anyway. But a cool touch with some mean azz HR and 6 button wild out gameplay that woulkd suit me just fine. I WILL buy that. lol

If people wanna tackle a new full on TMNT game, definetly i would love to see the same quality go in it. i wouldnt wanna use the old sprites but could use them as referencing and get some great spriters who could duplicate the Turtles and whole cast really well and some crazy cool and good coders and dope stage makers,  spot on Testers , music makers go all out with even taking the original tracks and bring them up to todays sound quality, prertty much a awesome collaboration but have a great laid out plan in design . That definetly can be done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
A new game with a 6 button layout would be great, the 4 button was good and simple, but after playing so much SF2 I prefer the standard 6 button game-play.

If the community was to make a game, I'm all for either working with Tournament Fighters assets or a completely new game using brand new sprites. It can be done, just takes time, dedication and skill. If it was me, I would do them all up in CPS3 style and use a similar system to SF3: Third Strike mixed with TMNT:TF.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »
do them all up in CPS3 style and use a similar system to SF3: Third Strike mixed with TMNT:TF.

Thats a very good idea to be used too! i love 3rd strike!  ^^(PM)^ =D>

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »
It is respectfully considered a masterpiece of the SF series, and rightly so. What better game to base your mechanics on? I think it would work to create solid, deep and smooth game-play.

I could see a TMNT:TF II done this way, splendid CPS3 color and animation or at least close, Third Strikes mechanics blended and molded around TMNT:TF's system and a bigger roster using more beloved characters both good and evil. Plus bring back the bonus round!

I'm starting to really want this to happen, would make for a great project.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »
Funny you should mention that, I've been cooking up this idea for a TMNT fighting game as well. Even put together a roster and whanot.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
Funny you should mention that, I've been cooking up this idea for a TMNT fighting game as well. Even put together a roster and whanot.

Spill the beans or we cut ya!  \-/o  Actually, if you really are cooking up something then best to keep hush hush about it  :-$ That way nobody steals your ideas....wait I did just that in this thread....Doh!!  o.O#

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »
Well, i say go for it! why not? we got a ton of marvel; around and coming, game company characters and comic characters are here, been here and still coming so its a great idea as well to have something different, fresh and great take on a loved game by many fans of just not the old game but the TMNT franchise itself.  We have some great full games coming to mugen so definetly add this one to the list if ever was to get made.

Get some good to awesome spriters that can replicate the cast in CPS3 style and keep in play the smooth animations and code in the mechanics good. An awesome Mugen hit game! plus cool story, nice SP formulate all the goods together......who wouldnt DL this game?  ::salute::

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
Spill the beans or we cut ya!  \-/o  Actually, if you really are cooking up something then best to keep hush hush about it  :-$ That way nobody steals your ideas....wait I did just that in this thread....Doh!!  o.O#
Well I'm not exactly a one man team. The roster's pretty much all I have cooked up  ???

Though if a group wants to make this happen I definitly want to help as well

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2012, 09:13:04 PM »
:'( Now see what you did, you made Roll cry! It would take quite a dedicated team though, but it is something to ponder on. I already have ideas for projects, but this one is up there on my list. Who knows what the future will bring.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
:'( Now see what you did, you made Roll cry! It would take quite a dedicated team though, but it is something to ponder on. I already have ideas for projects, but this one is up there on my list. Who knows what the future will bring.
Ya know what, how about we PM discuss this idea for kicks?

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »
Ya know what, how about we PM discuss this idea for kicks?

Sounds like a good idea, since if you prefer to discuss it privately and not openly discuss ideas that may or may not come to fruition. And not completely derail the topic.

Go back to bashing "Mr. I love Teen Explosions Bay" folks  :P

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
Here here.

Just give me a min ...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2012, 10:15:54 PM »
 >:-(-|

:O*D

on topic....Bay dont touch the Turtles! \-/o

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal