collapse

Author Topic: [HIGH RES] Capcom VS SNK 2 "Capcom" Portrait Pack  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Saikoro

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 25, 2019, 06:13:40 AM
  • Play it LOUD!!
[HIGH RES] Capcom VS SNK 2 "Capcom" Portrait Pack
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:36:59 AM »
Here's a release that I'm proud to share with all of you.

With all of Mugen's countless releases, artwork for each character is usually out of place or all across the board. I'm all for matching, high quality portraits for each group of characters you may have on your roster. So here you go.

You have all of Capcom VS SNK 2's roster in high resolution glory. Specs include:
  • 240x280 resolution
  • 300 dpi
  • 16 Bit Color Depth
as opposed to WinMugen's original settings:
  • 120x140 resolution
  • 72 dpi
  • 8 Bit Color Depth

The difference in clarity between each resolution is quite astounding. With this type of detail, each portrait took 90+ minutes a piece to touch up as each picture came from a high resolution source (My source was Kawaii Art Zone). I tried not to leave any messy random pixels, jagged and mis-colored edges or a lack of cohesive, gradient style edges in any of these. Also, portraits at the tail end of this project (E-Honda, Rolento, Sakura, Vice) came out a bit better than portraits at the beginning (Ryu or Akuma look a bit rough in comparison as evidenced by a few grey pixels here and there) as I got a better hang of how to work more efficiently.

Due to higher resolutions, please set your p1.face/p2.face scale to .5 in your fight.def's select screen, vs screen and victory screen denotations. If not, these will all appear extra large as they won't scale on-screen properly. With scaling mentioned, I am uncertain if these will work on WinMugen Plus as I have not tested them (nor do I have reason to).

Here are some preview shots of what you get.

And finally, the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vafyibywd5a19h1

I plan to eventually release Marvel VS Capcom 2's Portraits next with the same high resolution idea in mind.

Enjoy fellas!! Alot of hard work and soul were put into these. Feedback is more than welcome as I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!!

-Saikoro

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal