collapse

Author Topic: Need a little help on a personal issue  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
Need a little help on a personal issue
« on: September 26, 2007, 02:40:43 PM »
Kinda cheezy ;*)), but here goes: I have a little crush :-" on this chick I met at college, we kinda get along, we've spoken a number of times - mostly about subjects and college stuff - and everything seems O.K. Now things are somewhat stuck - no further progress due to time reasons. I'd like to make a move or something but I'm just too shy, not to mention I have no clue what to do 8=|. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 03:37:52 PM by Ryu # 18 »

Offline Callipso

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 04, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
Re: Need a little help on a personal issue (not a problem).
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:31:41 PM »
...it seems like you're not really into her, because if you were, then you'd act like your heart and soul would told you...well in my opinion it is not worth next steps if you shy about speaking with that girl, in my opinion you should meet those girl, to whom you could come closer without any uncertains, to whom you caould tell everything you want, every aspect of your lonely life, with whom you could just walk together without being uncomfortable about tommorow day, whom would have given you the wings to fly, a new reason to breath and a wish to live longer...if you know what i mean...to meet a girl - is a big responsibility if this is that thing you want to know, its not that easy, but then times will past and everything that was hard, will not seem that tough though it is just worth waiting give it a try...(if you find my grammar bad, sorry then cause i live in not english speaking country, and thats why its difficult for me to talk about such difficult thing like - L.O.V.E without any bad grammar usage...so pardone moi )...

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:42:22 PM »
Kinda cheezy ;*)), but here goes: I have a little crush :-" on this chick I met at college, we kinda get along, we've spoken a number of times - mostly about subjects and college stuff - and everything seems O.K. Now things are somewhat stuck - no further progress due to time reasons. I'd like to make a move or something but I'm just too shy, not to mention I have no clue what to do 8=|. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

ok i will help a friend .........
look you have to be the most nicest person with her
help her in EVERITHING
buy presents for her or invite her to a dinner or to a nice place that she likes
make her comfortable with you
dont be rude  with her  >:(  or you will be sorry
tell her about your live(this worked for me  ;D )
dont say ANY bad words (examples:fu****,A**,di**)
be funny
if you are a fatty(like one friend of mine) lose weight
if she says "no" dont insist to her you will make her opressed

thats all can i say..................

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 05:23:17 PM »
Here's a little report on the items you said.

look you have to be the most nicest person with her ---> Done in the measure of possible - I don't wanna get too cheezy though.

help her in EVERITHING ---> Haven't had too many chances to do it, but I did.

buy presents for her or invite her to a dinner or to a nice place that she likes ---> Problem is I'm too shy! ;*))

make her comfortable with you ---> Done in the measure of possible - she doesn't run away from me or tries to get rid of me, I guess that's a good sign.

dont be rude  with her  >:(  or you will be sorry ---> I'd rather be DEAD before being rude.

tell her about your live(this worked for me  ;D ) ---> I wouldn't really recommend it... I'm just a loser geek. ;*))

dont say ANY bad words (examples:fu****,A**,di**) ---> NEVER!

be funny ---> This is a hard matter for me, I'm kinda serious - not to mention we're pursuing a law career...

if you are a fatty(like one friend of mine) lose weight ---> I'm somewhat average, but I've got no athletic body whatsoever.

if she says "no" dont insist to her you will make her opressed ---> Didn't have any situation where she could say no.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 05:39:06 PM by Ryu # 18 »

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:34:07 PM »
...it seems like you're not really into her, because if you were, then you'd act like your heart and soul would told you...well in my opinion it is not worth next steps if you shy about speaking with that girl, in my opinion you should meet those girl, to whom you could come closer without any uncertains, to whom you caould tell everything you want, every aspect of your lonely life, with whom you could just walk together without being uncomfortable about tommorow day, whom would have given you the wings to fly, a new reason to breath and a wish to live longer...if you know what i mean...to meet a girl - is a big responsibility if this is that thing you want to know, its not that easy, but then times will past and everything that was hard, will not seem that tough though it is just worth waiting give it a try...(if you find my grammar bad, sorry then cause i live in not english speaking country, and thats why its difficult for me to talk about such difficult thing like - L.O.V.E without any bad grammar usage...so pardone moi )...

Let's see about this, "you'd act like your heart and soul would told you". Hey I do like her, but I didn't want to sound cheezy when presenting the situation... 8=|Actually I could feel like you described with this girl, but this situation has just started recently, and I'm a little scared 'cause I've been turned down all my life since I was 6 - and now I'm 18 (Talk about waiting!). L-) The problem is I don't know what to do - let's put up an example: I dare not ask her to eat with me because of my shyness!
See what I mean? So I'm trying to find a solution that might work and not make me look geeky.
And one last thing: Never mind your grammar, I'm also from a Non-English speaking country (Argentina). Everything's just cool! :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 05:36:42 PM by Ryu # 18 »

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 06:06:14 PM »
I say u roll the dice and make a move.  Chances are she feeling the same way u are.  Or maybe she isnt.  Either way you will know if u go ahead and do something.  Waiting only gives u less time, remember that.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 06:22:53 PM »
I say u roll the dice and make a move.  Chances are she feeling the same way u are.  Or maybe she isnt.  Either way you will know if u go ahead and do something.  Waiting only gives u less time, remember that.

Yep. Besides, women love a man with CONFIDENCE. Remember, you don't want to be arrogant, just genuine. Tell her how you feel. You can't expect people to believe in you when you can't believe in yourself. If you get along, you should be able to talk to her on that level...even if you start out jokingly, let her know that you're feeling her and that you would love to take her out and get to know her better. Find out what she likes to do on the sly, and try to set up a date that's comfortable and fun. You gotta man up! It's ok, because like Ace said, you don't want to wait too long, or someone else is going to take that place you're trying to get. You don't have anything to be afraid of, just be you man.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »

Yup

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »

Yup

Absolutely

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
You could invite her to a restaurant?

Cheezy? yes. But meh.

McDonalds Burger King

Oh yeah! don't swear. Like don't use them like this.

"My f**k*** little brother was annoying me yesterday"
"I don't understand this crap"

Swearing too much is a No no.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:31:37 PM by Kaneda »

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 09:30:33 PM »
Maybe, I wouldn't mind telling her how I feel. However I strongly believe I gotta wait a little bit more. As I said at the start of this story, things are somewhat stuck. Just coming from exams, and we still got two more to go. Maybe after two weeks I might resolve what to do... and how to let her know it. I'm scared because every time I tried asking someone out (every time I "manned up") was a failure. I've been told it was because I had a "Kamikaze" attitude (comin' straight at them).
And I need a little more information to make a move. What if she already has a boyfriend? 8=| I have to ask her that so I don't get in trouble. It's that what troubles me the most, how to ask her without being too evident? I strongly believe that if I ask her "You got a boyfriend"? she WILL think "he's got a crush on me". Any subtle way to ask that?

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »

Cheezy? yes. But meh.

McDonalds Burger King

Too bad McDonalds is the closest option from college. :DxDie

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

Cheezy? yes. But meh.

McDonalds Burger King

Too bad McDonalds is the closest option from college. :DxDie
Well, you could take her I guess. Invite her to lunch, but You buy. but not if it's a big date.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:36:38 PM by Kaneda »

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »
Before making a date I need to catch her off guard with no friends around (Typical gregarious group of chicks).

Offline Ðarious

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 02, 2009, 09:32:49 PM
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
Before making a date I need to catch her off guard with no friends around (Typical gregarious group of chicks).

ah i hate the crowds so annoying. eh eventually she will be by herself and just ask her out then. dont seem to desperate though act casual, start with some chit-chat then bring up the lunch thing

Offline Callipso

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 04, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 05:21:45 AM »
Maybe, I wouldn't mind telling her how I feel. However I strongly believe I gotta wait a little bit more. As I said at the start of this story, things are somewhat stuck. Just coming from exams, and we still got two more to go. Maybe after two weeks I might resolve what to do... and how to let her know it. I'm scared because every time I tried asking someone out (every time I "manned up") was a failure. I've been told it was because I had a "Kamikaze" attitude (comin' straight at them).
And I need a little more information to make a move. What if she already has a boyfriend? 8=| I have to ask her that so I don't get in trouble. It's that what troubles me the most, how to ask her without being too evident? I strongly believe that if I ask her "You got a boyfriend"? she WILL think "he's got a crush on me". Any subtle way to ask that?

if she has boyfriend...then beat him! ...beat him like you beat Shin Gouki with Ryu or Shao Khan with Liu Kang,  ;D ...you need to defeat him in order to get your girlfriend on your side  8)  ;D

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »
if she has boyfriend...then beat him! ...beat him like you beat Shin Gouki with Ryu or Shao Khan with Liu Kang,  ;D ...you need to defeat him in order to get your girlfriend on your side  8)  ;D

That might be a little on the extreme side. :D Just kidding, I see your point, however I should find out if she has one.

We traveled together once in the bus on the way home (Buses are the main form of public transport here in Argentina), she can go home through 3 different bus lines, and we share one. However, catching the same bus she does is like lottery, but I'll get the prize again.

I've scored a couple points so far, I was the only one to remember her birthday (August 20th) and sent her a postcard. She said that kind of things are important to her. ;D

After I talk to her when she's by herself I'll update!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:15:23 PM by Ryu # 18 »

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 12:21:51 PM »
I'm sorry for bumping this issue but I have a minor problem on this situation: It gets too difficult to talk to her either when she's on class because of "annoying groups" and it's nearly impossible to find her at the bus stop, like I said above it's like lottery: Odds are very little. What should I do?

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »
w8 for da right opportunity when she is alone then talk to her
take things nice and slow
make her laugh
offer her coffee at a nice cafe talk about music, films, hobbies sports, ask ur friends about her or ask her friends about her
as mentioned before no cursing
theres more i could say but its kinda looooooooooooooooooong
but gud luck to ya
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »
Any help's welcome, no matter the length of your post... =D> The problem is I've been waiting for about 6 months, that's why I'm insisting on this topic.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 02:56:53 PM »
from the sound of it you seem like your in a "safe point". just be sure not to stay there becuase if you do, you'll end up in the dreaded "friend zone". if its hard to be alone with her or find her by herself then hey, take initiative and go up to her. even if shes with a group of friends just wait a moment until..for example...shes not talking no more. when that happens have that go gettem attitude and approach her and her group. start off by asking a question or opening up with a funny comment on class. trust me though man, it sounds hard but im the same way you are, shy, serious, pretty timid, and i as well am pursuing a serious career (pre-med). but anyways, you need to be confident. its amazing how much of a difference that makes. even the smallest thing...say you found a penny on the ground...make that the good thing about your day that brings your attitude up. and even hell, you can use that as your opener when speaking with her, hey i found a penny on the ground today, i swear if i found one more i could finaly buy myself something off the dollar menu. i mean i dont know lol but you can pretty much use anything. and once you do youll be amazed at how it just carries itself. then once you go the group going, you can isolate her and speak more directly to her. once you finaly talk to her, go from jokes to seriousness. from talking about little dumb things like...how boring class was or how you havnt washed your car to man i dont know what im going to do this weekend or man this remindes me when blah blah blah and you tell her about something that happened in your past. and about asking her out on a date, you can use that ending, "man i dont know what im doing this weekend, what are you up to?" she'lll say something, if she says oh ill be doing blah blah blah, you can be like wow that sounds like fun. and if shes interested she'll invite you. thats when you know your in. and if she says shes not doing anything, thats your q to jump and invite her somewhere. you can be like, oh i have enough pennys now to get us something from mckee deez. have fun with it and be "cute". then once you get that date suprise her with a rose or a flower, or take her somewhere special.

sorry for it being so long lol hopefully some of this helps

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »
Everything until the last part of the invitation: Check (Done).

No problem about being so long, in my case, the longer the better. I like speaking about this stuff, but I never have someone to talk to.

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 02:52:52 AM »
lol really thats tight me too. so after doing all these things hows progress with her going?

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 09:48:27 AM »
hey sometime poetry works girls love it
its like catering to their egos they wana hear all the nicest words said to em
but thats after ur officially together
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »
lol really thats tight me too. so after doing all these things hows progress with her going?

Not too much advancing, like you said I'm on a "safe point". She seems not to suspect anything happens. I still need to know if she has a boyfriend. If she does, I'm done for. ~X(
However, I need to have a proper setting to ask her or she'll find out everything.

Maybe her friends can help me, they get along with me pretty well. I wouldn't want them to get TOO involved though, or that would make the cure worst than the disease.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar