collapse

Author Topic: DLC and other paid services  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 22, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
Re: DLC and other paid services
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »
Street Fighter IV was my main piss off, because my brother bought the game for me on my birthday at the full $60, i bought the first DLC costume pack, and about a month later it was announced that SSIV was coming out for $30, this felt like a big middle finger there is know way to justify stuff like this. And now the original SFIV is all but obsolete.<this was just my rant of how companies will and do milk for money I just hope they don't do this with MvC2.

I have no problem with worth while DLC, MK for example imo is a complete a good game experience despite they had to remove some stuff due to time constraints, I feel any DLC they release is justified. Bad DLC doesn't affect me that much becasue most of the game companies I buy from don't really participate in bad DLC, but it's a concept of bad principal that others do.

Even after seeing all sides paid online services still seems bad to me, mainly because your pay to use interent on your console when you already pay for internet. Not to mention if you have Netflix, ESPN, or an online RPG like FFOnline. It would be different if you could see something being reeped from these fees but you don't, Sony does it all for free, now with Playstaion Plus that is different because it is optional, I wouldn't have a problem with XBL if it ran this way. not to mention they just went up on the price of XBL. If Sony & Nintendo can do it for free why can't Microsoft?

but all in all things things are fun to discuss and a nice outlet to out our inner thoughts and see how different peoples views are, that's what makes the world go round lol

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:46:57 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »
capcom his one the major companies that pees in peps cheerios. They've done this since they first surfaced. People just keep buying there products. This is why im happy i have birdies whispering in my ears. I didnt buy RE5 untill the gold edition nor SF4. Im getting SF4 now cause i hear it suppose to be the final in the SF4 series but you never know with Capcom.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2011, 09:00:56 PM »
as for sf4 chaos bro... that can be argued forever as well. lol. in the 80's capcom released arcade cabinets after the first sf2, with like 3 more versions. but ya know what happened back in the day. no one said anything really. actually i never heard a complaint period. you would have 3 versions of the same game in the same arcade and crowds clamored over to which version they liked best and was steadily poppin those quarters in. lol .

Now many years later... same thing happening but now the younger gamers are born in a world where they want it all right on deck at that start. leave no room for later ideas to add more content. Me, i was cool when i got sf4, then i got ssfv cause i wanted the new stuff, regardless if the theory is it was already on the disk or not. I am paying these artists and workers for putting much time to create something i simply cannot. If i gave everyone all i had in one shot and they loved it and then i got all these submissions to add more content or they wish more was in , then hellz man why not go all in and get that money! lol. keeps business flowing and fans happy.  Alas some people desire not to see it that way tho. they feel they pay for it so gimmie everything and if you got ideas to add new stuff, dont charge me for it  .

i heard a dude yappin about this at the mall yesterday at gamestop. but it took his kid to teach him something about fanship and rational thinking from a different perspective. Dad was a car salesman, he sold cars to feed his family, liked his job and keep the bills paid and they have a roof over they heads. plus dad wasnt the kind of guy that sold you a lemon. he tried to get you in the best car he could for your money and not get you in a car that you would go totally broke for. so the son just simplified it as saying.. pop they do the same thing you do and the same reasons why. i dont see the big deal. buy the game or leave it be.  

he fussed cause he wanted that dang shooter so much and hated the ideas of the whole dlc thing for the same one game but forgot something important. they are doing what any business would do and have to do. make money to keep going.

the only think i think the ssfv dlc thing could do is charge every outfit individually just in case you dont want that particular characters gear. but then the next complaint would be.. how much it would cost. It will never stop :D

as for paid services. i paid 20 bucks for 5 months of gold service a few days ago. my internet bill is 50 bucks a month. i still have to pay for netflix wether pc or mail order or xbl.  so i actually save my money a month on the internet. even more if i have WIFI.  all those other paid services.. you dont need them... you want them...but without havin to pay for it. well , then thats why you go for a system that gives you what you want. so far, everyone seems cool with what they have if all they have and want is one, and for those that have multiple, then they just livin the life and enjoying whatever they have on whatever system ... cause they chose it for their own reasons. i enjoy my 360. fully. :thumbsup:

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
Yeah these are some really arguable points, I think the main thing we can all agree on is that we all want to play and enjoy good games. Nothing better than paying money for a game that feels like it's worth $60 even if u pay 60 ort buy it later when the price goes down. Good DLC also feels good when it adds extra fun to an already good game, I enjoy nothing more than DLC that adds great replay value. I actually somtimes feel a little disapointed when a great game doesn't have DLC, I am always willing to pay for DLC when the game is good.

lol I do find it funny how many different version of SFII there is it's crazy lmao.

Now how does everybody feel about DLC that's preorder only?

I personal think preorder DLC is a great idea cause it is good to get some extra incentive with such things. But in the same boat it kinda sucks for u if u don't want to preorder but still want the DLC and am willing to pay the extra to get the DLC but never can because you didn't preorder, or preorder it from a certain store. I don't have a big beef with this but why wouldn't you want to make DLC available if people are willing to pay for it?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »
lol yo that right there on the preorder dlc only thing... that to me is ripoff-ish. but if i really want that content imma have to cough up the moolah. lol. to me thats really taking a lil much of an advantage. but it is a clever marketing scheme. thats really all it is cause ya know what, in the end , everyone still gonna have those extras available but maybe not at the discount ya get with the preorder. lol

my gripe i do have with dlc, is only when i have to buy a full pack of stuff to get really the couple things i really want. thats about it .  the rest of it is just mehhhhh whatever. i aint paying 80 points for a theme. thats just capitalizing on the folks that are into grabbing those lil nifty side extras. but hellz, i would if it means more money....gimmie dem greenbacks! lol

what i do wish for is more for my buck in movies on the netflix on 360. i saw a ton of movies but ehh nothin much i either done seen already  or aint interested. so i do wish they beef up the catalog a bit more for me to wanna make a even better wise choice with a more broader selection.  i also do wish they could have a sorta internet browser, i know there is that hacky google one but eehhhh gimmie a legit version and full youtube.

Plus it can be a bit better on the Facebook navigation with more options just like facebook but a bit different. ESPN is fine , i dont watch sports like that som its nothin much to me but cool to have.  so the stuff they do have right now is cool but i can see it will get much better. and with the Kinect on deck for the 360 , its already headed into takin more advantages of that hardware.

the future of gaming fused with online and personal entertainment is about to become a heavenly joy for all who will enjoy and utilize the features they want .

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2011, 01:01:34 AM »
I measure the value of the stuff i buy based on the hours of entertainment i get from it. How do you guys value it?.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:26 AM »
@Rage
ROFL *YOU'RE AS IN "GEE YOU'RE BAD AT GRAMMAR"
Your first post and that's what you decide to say huh?

Take that.

...Oh and my homie Gangsta Luxury ( G Lux )  :D  that talk we had really got me steppin up more my 360 experience too,. thanx bro :thumbsup:

OMG, I'm totally using that.

Oh, and Lando, E3's press conference announced that 360 is getting YouTube, Bing 360 search, and even Live television.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:19:59 AM by vyn »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2011, 02:31:54 AM »
Yeah hours of entertainment is a big one perhaps my most important gauge, nothing I like more than a game with great replay value. But also I base it on the amount of entertainment. There are games that I've only did 1 or 2 playthroughs of but the amount of enjoyment I get from that amount of time mad e the game worth it. However there are some games that I can play over ad over and enjoy kind of like Warhawk (loved that game).

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2011, 03:06:57 AM »
holy crap g.lux, you actually used it! hahahaha thats what up bro. yo for the longest i was wondering what it meant and then i thought it up on the fly went i was posting . Good fit too.  Oh and most def man , i was watching the E3 recap on 360 and i saw alot of announcements. Youtube on 360 is gonna be sweet, and Bing 360 search! dude i am using that now on the laptop! great! :w00t:  matter a fact , i was watching the recaps of the NBA champioship and last 3 innings of a baseball game all on espn. yo , i have to say, i am diggin that Espn.

wow how do i gauge games... Fun Factor number 1. after that its gameplay, replay value, graphics, overall story depending on the game,  i mean its a lot. different games warrant different things i want in them and some all its all the above really . i can play a fighting game without a super endearing story to it  but have a cool story that drives it right as well be total fun for replay, good soundtrack, challenging and got some cool graphics and play mechanics then i am fine. With platformers/adventure games, then yes storyline plays a huge part. i want to experience the thrill to keep me playing. and along with that come amazing graphics, good soundtrack , good control scheme, manageable menus and vastness. an epic story deserves an epic landscape and locales. so graphics play a intregral part to sell me the fantasy.  Make me wanna see what going to happen next, what will happen if i dont chose to go this way like in Fable series or nail biting action like in the Drake series and add to that making me feel like a total cool God like Kratos or and War from Darksiders. powerups and weapons and abilities galore kept me going with those and the story was good in each one along with music score and graphics.

thats how i gauge my games.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:24:09 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2011, 05:51:56 AM »

Offline deadmangunner

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 06, 2016, 04:00:04 PM
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »
I say the 2 main thing that make or break a game for me is story and gameplay. You can have one without the other but, like it better when you have both in a game. I though since I am such a huge rpg fan that story is the biggest thing that I like in a game because a good story can really suck you into the game and make you really enjoy it but, the other aspects of the game have to be at least good enough to carry the story. Now though on the other hand I am also a huge platformer/action game person as well and in those game I say if the gameplay is not good then I do not like it because in those games the story takes a back seat to the action which is fine. A few examples of games that  I thought where great because they did both these aspects really well and made these game some of my all time favorites are: Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, The Namco Tales series, Legend of The Dragoon, Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross, and my all time favorite game Castlevania 3. As for graphics in games do not really care too much about them, as long as the game does not look really horrible and unpleasing to the eye I am fine with it.
Now though one thing a lot of people leave out about what help makes games really good is the music  because even an ok game can feel so much better with really awesome music, I would say that some of the games series that have done the best music would be Castlevania, legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy(before 11), Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross, Square's Mana series and the Namco Tales games. Also replay value and the amount of time are also big factors in how good a game is.

Though this did make think of a type of DLC you do not see that would sell well and that is video game soundtracks I think that would be awesome to have for DLC because a lot of the music I listen too is video games soundtracks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:14:59 PM by deadmangunner »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[Today at 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[Today at 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare