collapse

Author Topic: Square-Enix Vs. Capcom(WIP Thread)  (Read 5223 times)

Offline LeonScottKennedy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 10:36:17 PM
Square-Enix Vs. Capcom(WIP Thread)
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:30:51 PM »
I've been working on a Square-Enix vs. Capcom game with my friends. So far I've got some animations drawn out on my sketch pad but I gotta get a working scanner. For music, I've got a friend who's composing and remixing some tracks so that's taken care of. I've sprited some of the stances of the roster I've got in mind but I don't have a full roster figured out yet. Which is where you guys come in the picture. Who do you guys want to see from both sides? Post the character his/herself from SE against who he/she should vs from Capcom and if possible(but not mandatory) P.M. a move list for them. I wanna keep this roster nice and simple though so at least up to 22 characters at max. The roster thus far is, but not limited to, and is also likely to change:

Sabin                     -
Golbez                    - M.Bison
Cloud                     - Dante
Caim                      - Ryu(Breath of Fire either 2 or 3)
Volt                       - Gene
Aya Brea                 - Ada Wong
Jecht                     - Soki
Kefka Pallazo           -
                            - Nemesis
Jessica(Dragon Quest VIII) -
Harle(Chrono Cross)

Here're two screenshots of the progress I've made so far. Been working on Cloud and Dante first. Which Outfit do you guys think is better on Cloud by the way, his normal one or his advent children? And do you guys think Dante should have one sleeve torn off or both fully clothed?

Some unfinished character sprites:

I'll show some more things soon.
The gameplay will contain(likely to change) :
Super Jump Enabled
Fwd/Bwd Air dashes
Double jumps for some characters
still to be decided whether i wanna go with 3 or 6 button gameplay
Well that's all for now guys.
Credit goes to Daeron for his DMC stage.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:08:09 AM by LeonScottKennedy »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Square-Enix Vs. Capcom(WIP Thread)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense to make this something like "Soulcalibur vs Square Enix?"

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:40:10 PM »
Riku please? :D

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
Sprites looks good.  :)

Actually, I wished someone making Square Mugen Project (I mean something like Square vs. Enix or Final Fantasy vs. Dragon Quest...etc) other day, and I'm happy to see you (LeonScottKennedy) are working on this.  =D> :w00t:

Especially, I'm glad to see Kain Highwind (I like your Kain sprite) and Golbez as wip; I'm proud of you for picking these characters from Final Fantasy IV (this is one of my favorite games of all time).

About characters from Capcom...  Ummm, It would be good if you use characters that already have sprites (e.g., Dark Stalkers, Warzard), and you can spend more time for Square-Enix characters (well, they don't have sprites in fighting games lol).  btw, I see two versions of Cloud...  Are you working on two versions of Cloud (one from game, and one from a movie)?  Anyway, they look cool as well.  ;)

looks like this project is well organized.  It's good that you work with your close friends (well, if people work on projects with someone else (and strangers), they always end up arguing or fighting....  in my opinion...  And I don't like arguments...)

Anyway, good luck on this project!  I support your project!   %%- :) ^^(PM)^

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense to make this something like "Soulcalibur vs Square Enix?"

Yeah, naming a game "Franchise Vs Company" sounds kinda stupid, really.  Remember "Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe"?  We could've had more cool characters if they went with Midway Vs DC, but nah.

Anyway, back on topic.  This actually has some promise into it, unlike a good majority of 'games'.  I suggest the FF7 outfit for Cloud, but I can't decide on Dante.  Maybe go with the normal jacket.  And definitely 6 buttons.

Offline god of chaos

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 04, 2012, 12:00:05 PM
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
GOOD STUFF  XD||

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »
Yeah, naming a game "Franchise Vs Company" sounds kinda stupid, really.  Remember "Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe"?  We could've had more cool characters if they went with Midway Vs DC, but nah.
I meant that the team Square Enix faces off should be a team that's used to swordplay. Hence why I said Soulcalibur.

Far as I know, the only Capcom characters that use swords regularly are Dante, Zero (plasma sword), and maybe Arthur

Offline Slayer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 09, 2016, 02:11:11 AM
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 12:00:35 AM »
Wonderful sprites.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 12:09:41 AM »
Looks good, except that you might want to rename this 'Final Fantasy&Freinds vs CAPCOM', or something like that. And that would be because most of the Square-Enix characters you chose are Final Fantasy characters. No offense, but Square-Enix has a vastly larger total amount of work that's owned and self-created; they're as big as CAPCOM, which you're actually using the whole of, as opposed to sticking to just one franchise like you've done with most of the Square-Enix slots.

All I'm saying is, you should either rename your game, or rework the roster, because it isn't really Square-Enix vs CAPCOM.

(Seriously, it's as bad as MvC2, with all of those Street and Fighter X-Men characters, and not as much of everything else in comparison.)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 12:17:35 AM »
Needs magus.

Really. He can fight nemisis.

Otherwise, nice to see someone annouce a project after already having some progress.

Just put Magus in it. If you need help making up a moveset I can help. I'd help spriting but I'm not that good.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:38:16 AM by -Whiplash- »

Offline LeonScottKennedy

• Initiate
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 06:43:11 AM »
Looks good, except that you might want to rename this 'Final Fantasy&Freinds vs CAPCOM', or something like that. And that would be because most of the Square-Enix characters you chose are Final Fantasy characters. No offense, but Square-Enix has a vastly larger total amount of work that's owned and self-created; they're as big as CAPCOM, which you're actually using the whole of, as opposed to sticking to just one franchise like you've done with most of the Square-Enix slots.

All I'm saying is, you should either rename your game, or rework the roster, because it isn't really Square-Enix vs CAPCOM.

(Seriously, it's as bad as MvC2, with all of those Street and Fighter X-Men characters, and not as much of everything else in comparison.)

@ - novasod
 Believe me, I've noticed this long before you stated it. In the end game we're only gonna have a maximum of 4 Final Fantasy characters. The reason that so many are in right now is mostly due to we still can't decide on who should be in and who shouldn't, mostly due to who would be good in this sort of game. We'll probably end up removing Kain, Yuna, probably Cloud too in the end. Mostly depends on the rest of what my team says. But yeah, thanks for the input.

I meant that the team Square Enix faces off should be a team that's used to swordplay. Hence why I said Soulcalibur.

Far as I know, the only Capcom characters that use swords regularly are Dante, Zero (plasma sword), and maybe Arthur

@ - HyperSonic92
 The ones you listed aren't the only Capcom characters to regularly use swords. Samanosuke Akechi, Jubei Yagyu (Onimusha), Sieg Warheit(Chaos Legion), Hideyasu "Soki" Yuki(Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams), Hayato(Star Gladiator), Hyo(Rival Schools), Donovan and Bishamon(Darkstalkers), Leo(Warzard) and that's just naming a few.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:51:08 AM by LeonScottKennedy »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
You call it "Square Enix Vs. Capcom", but I only see Final Fantasy over there. Nothing against it, but you should go beyond that.

I hope you add something from Einhänder, even if it's only a stage!

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »

I agree.

1 - Because it would be a "weapon vs weapon" game
2 - There are too much Capcom chars and only three from Soul Calibur
3 - Personaly, I'm really tired of Capcom. Wherever you with mugen, there is Capcom. I know the characters are cool, but...

And it would be better if you change Square-Enix to Final Fantasy, because there are only FF characters in the roster. :)

Offline Kreen

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2018, 06:14:23 AM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »
Please:
Chrono (Chrono Trigger) - a classic;
Sora (KH) - I love;
Any Wanzer (Front Mission Series) - preferably V FM

Do not forget that Lara is now also the SquareEnix ....

Hmm .. Wanzer vs Bloodia .....

ps: sorry google...

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Believe me, I've noticed this long before you stated it. In the end game we're only gonna have a maximum of 4 Final Fantasy characters. The reason that so many are in right now is mostly due to we still can't decide on who should be in and who shouldn't, mostly due to who would be good in this sort of game. We'll probably end up removing Kain, Yuna, probably Cloud too in the end. Mostly depends on the rest of what my team says. But yeah, thanks for the input.

Don't mention it. : )  And, as much as I like Locke and Kefka from FFVI, (Terra not so much actually,) I think you might want to add Sabin. Seriously, the guy's perfect for a fighting game, and anyone who's played VI should know why. He has all the moves and looks the part, and would be a good addition.

(He hasn't been in Dissidia yet either, (though neither has Locke,) so there's that as well.)

PS. Thought about adding any Dragonquest characters? Remember, SE owns that too. ;)

Offline Fou

• Mage of the sun
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 01, 2019, 11:22:55 AM
  • I can taste your fear... and IT'S DELICIOUS !
    • Fou-the-mage
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 02:15:52 PM »
I want a special guest star ! :

Geno from Mario RPG (by square enix)  :w00t:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Search

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 22, 2018, 06:00:22 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »
I will be happy as long as there is at least one member of The Bouncer cast in this such as Sion, Kou, Mugetsu or Mikado

I'm glad that Auron seems to have already been chosen, you ever consider Vincent from FFVII as a good rival for Dante?

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »
Here's a some titles to pick characters from that could be nice;

1.Chrono Trigger/Cross
2.Xenogears
3.Valkyrie Profile
4.Tactics Ogre
5.Final Fantasy Tactics

Aannnd I was going to suggest others that haven't been mentioned yet, but I can't think of them...

Offline LeonScottKennedy

• Initiate
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »
First post updated. Roster still not in completion, characters in the works now are Cloud, Golbez and Dante.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 09:35:29 AM »
Thought of a CAPCOM series; how about their RPG series Breath of Fire? I think it'd be a good fit here too, considering the company that CAPCOM will be going up against. ; )

Also, Square put out some 3D Fighting Games in the 90's; Tobal 1&2, Bushido Blade 1&2, and Erghiez. You might want to consider some of those titles.

Lastly, here's another SE RPG that could certainly bring some variety to the roster; The World Ends With You, for the DS.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
You know what? I think you could completely drop the Capcom part, and make this a Square-Enix exclusive game!

Game series that could be featured here:

Thexder
SaGa series
Mana series
Front Mission
Chrono Trigger
Tobal
Bushido Blade
Einhänder
Parasite Eve
Ergheiz
Vagrant Story
Dragon Quest
Brave Fencer Musashi
Valkyrie Profile

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »
You know what? I think you could completely drop the Capcom part, and make this a Square-Enix exclusive game!

Game series that could be featured here:

Thexder
SaGa series
Mana series
Front Mission
Chrono Trigger
Tobal
Bushido Blade
Einhänder
Parasite Eve
Ergheiz
Vagrant Story
Dragon Quest
Brave Fencer Musashi
Valkyrie Profile

I suggest:

- Unlimited Saga - Laura, Ventus, Mythe
- Drakengard - Caim, Arioch, Seere, Furiae, Nowen, Manah, General Oror, Eris
- Fullmetal Alchemist - Edward Elric, Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, Camilla
- Star Ocean - Fayt Leingod, Sophia Esteed, Cliff Fittir, Mirage Kaos
- Valkyrie Profile - Alicia, Rufus, Dylan, Lezard, Arngrim, Leone, Silmeria, Freya
- Odin Sphere - Gwendolyn, Mercedes, Oswald, Velvet, Queen Odette
- Final Fantasy - Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Aerith, Yuffie, Tifa Lockhart, Vincent Valentine, Sephiroth, Maria, Cid Higwind any other you find good
- Kingdom Hearts - Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Saix, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, Roxas, Marluxia, Xion, Riku Replica, Roxas, Maleficent, Ursula, any other you find good

I know I added too much characters and the majority are good ones but, they-re only suggestions

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
- Final Fantasy - Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Aerith, Yuffie, Tifa Lockhart, Vincent Valentine, Sephiroth, Maria, Cid Higwind any other you find good

Whoa there! Way too much Final Fantasy VII; really, if he's going to do FF, (and he will,) he needs to pick characters from more then just this one game. Seriously, who could forget characters such as Kefka from VI, or Vivi from IX? Really, the only character you need from FFVII is Cloud.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »
If you're gonna do Kingdom Hearts, PLEASE don't include the Disney characters

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 03:14:26 PM »
Whoa there! Way too much Final Fantasy VII; really, if he's going to do FF, (and he will,) he needs to pick characters from more then just this one game. Seriously, who could forget characters such as Kefka from VI, or Vivi from IX? Really, the only character you need from FFVII is Cloud.

Allow me to remember you that this is just a suggestion, he can add the characters that him want, and what part of "any other you want" didn't you understand?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 [31]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal