collapse

Author Topic: SSFIV: AE First impressions & Updates  (Read 5792 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: SSFIV: AE Impressions & Updates
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
you right about it being just right where it was kai!! you had the mega cheap food on canal and can sit on the steps outside to eat or chill in the park. but it it ends up under the j , like where the comodore was , that's good money too. Linden p's ??!! mad people will be getting robbed lol !!! i hope j nl stays though i was going to both since high school. a buddy of mines showed me both places when i went to graphic arts high school and have been going there ever since......

Wow you said Graphic arts HS?? lol wow thats Decept days homie "whats the Flava!!" :D Yeh my fam was down with that (robbin folks) and some of the older Gs i know i chill with now when we form up to shoot the breeze. Yeh homie we mighta seen each other off the humble in J&L and didnt know 8). Ive been going there since HS days myself. i was in West manhattan HS when i started going there. I Got kicked out of Boyz n girls HS (on fulton) pretty much in my senior year for fighting in 1995 smh. But wow thats where its going to be? where the comodore was at?? /:O. Last flicks i saw in there was Passenger 57 & Dr Giggles lmao. BUt wow homie i was just down there today gettin some money from the bank. had id known that i woulda prolly rolled over there to see whats hoody :O*D.

>:-(-|

And yo what you said about Linden Pjs?? /:O HELL-YEH victs stayed gettin robbed in those Pjs lol True story, word to god man, like in 1996 my cousins Male friend came through wee hours of the mournin from the bronx to check her in Linden off impulse. Yo why this cat came to the door with JUST his boxers on. socks and T-shirt lookin crazy like martin :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie. AND IT WAS A COLD WINTER IN 96!!!! :DxDie All he kept sayin was "They..they got me man :( :( :( They got me"....Two goons Clicked on em in the elevator smh!! They Took all his jewels, wallet, timbs, Bubble coat all that o.O#. It was probably the same bunch of cats i used to always see in the lobby real deep like Wu tang each time i came through there to check my cuzo. I mean they all knew my fam and what not but her friend was puddin pop and always dressed real fly. HUGE NO NO in the east over there. He was a real tall cat. played ball. He was cool, but yeh man Linden PJS was Yapp & Clapp city!!  :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:00:06 PM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 04, 2024, 07:43:01 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
I thought this was about SSFIV: AE for a second there.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2011, 08:26:47 PM »
I thought this was about SSFIV: AE for a second there.

And it still is! The CTF arcade will be in my neck of the woods it looks like now where this game was only in NY. dont pay attention to the side stories homie. we just vibin and buggin as usual.

Well.. are you coming to brooklyn to play SSFIV: AE?

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »
@ kai , my bad, i was saying if it ends up where the comodore was that would be cool. i'm just mad that by the time i get a chance to break away to chinatown, the place just closed up on me  ARGH!!!!! but brooklyn is always home so  i'm still good money with it.

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
@ kai , my bad, i was saying if it ends up where the comodore was that would be cool. i'm just mad that by the time i get a chance to break away to chinatown, the place just closed up on me  ARGH!!!!! but brooklyn is always home so  i'm still good money with it.

Ohh ok lol but that would be a good idea for it. I didnt get a chance to Play SF4 AE i just watched this Asian Kid wash victims up in it with ONI. but on the other side some dude was rockin with Evil Ryu. Oni looked way hotter though. Hopefully i get to rock it when it comes to BK officially and set up.

Eh anyway as for the char updates supposedly not comin to systems i dont care for that too much. i just want the new chars. But it would be smart if Capcom Releases a new CD. New stages. modes. the updates of course of the chars system and the new characters.

I think i read somewhere today on the tip of SF3rd strike coming back er somethin. blah...ill re read it again to make sure.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »
Ohh ok lol but that would be a good idea for it. I didnt get a chance to Play SF4 AE i just watched this Asian Kid wash victims up in it with ONI. but on the other side some dude was rockin with Evil Ryu. Oni looked way hotter though. Hopefully i get to rock it when it comes to BK officially and set up.

Eh anyway as for the char updates supposedly not comin to systems i dont care for that too much. i just want the new chars. But it would be smart if Capcom Releases a new CD. New stages. modes. the updates of course of the chars system and the new characters.

I think i read somewhere today on the tip of SF3rd strike coming back er somethin. blah...ill re read it again to make sure.

uh, the online edition? I can't wait to get it, I love playing as necro.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 04, 2024, 07:43:01 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
And it still is! The CTF arcade will be in my neck of the woods it looks like now where this game was only in NY. dont pay attention to the side stories homie. we just vibin and buggin as usual.

Well.. are you coming to brooklyn to play SSFIV: AE?

I wish I could, but I don't know the location of where it is and I probably might get lost in Brooklyn as I don't know it that well.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »
 saw the upgrade on a few vids on youtube. oni looks like silver from kof XI!! but if they do release the new guys on the console then maybe ssf 4 will be worth revisiting. but if third strike ( THE BETTER GAME) makes it online, i'm all over it!! i need to pull my third strike dudley out of retirement and out of the insanity that is mugen lol!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »
oni looks like silver from kof XI!!

:D Hell yeh!! you aint lyin man lol

and yeh bro I used to play 3rd strike to death, i still have that collection on DC and Ps2.
I always used Hugo, Akuma, ryu & Ken. I had moments with Oro believe it or not. such s strange character.
i always said he should have been in SF4. His Other arm would only come out in his Strongest Ultra. haha
that would be cool 8)

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
i still play my dreamcast to this day thanks to the easy access to games online. is super street fighter 4 ae already in tourney play ?? ssf4 needs the ghost mode from tekken to spice up the single player game  some. i would love to fight ghosts from japan's best or developers like they have it on tekken 5 and 6. and i still what to check out yun, not much of a yang fan , so let's hope capcom dont leave us out in the cold with the arcade stuff staying in the arcade....

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Evil Ryu's 2nd Ultra in SSF4 AE
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2011, 02:17:48 AM »
I never seen a real good n clear video of this. It looks way hot man^^ @-)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
Re: Evil Ryu's 2nd Ultra in SSF4 AE
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2011, 02:21:15 AM »
Dam How you gonna do that to Santa claus!!  :D :D

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2011, 02:27:24 AM »

you stole my quote i was gonna post you dirty quote stealing bloddy ninja!! \-/o.... :D

anyway , i wonder , well i wish.. we could get all those new characters as dlc . i want them . plus uhhh they should be on the disk anyway ( like MVC3 - total scammers) cause thats the training stage and i didnt know theres a training stage in the arcade cabinets.....am i wrong?

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »
you stole my quote i was gonna post you dirty quote stealing bloddy ninja!! \-/o.... :D

anyway , i wonder , well i wish.. we could get all those new characters as dlc . i want them . plus uhhh they should be on the disk anyway ( like MVC3 - total scammers) cause thats the training stage and i didnt know theres a training stage in the arcade cabinets.....am i wrong?

lol yeh it is a training mode in the arcade. when it used to to be in CTF arcade i used to see it all the time in training mode when SF4 first came out. it bugged me out too.

:-?? :D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
SSFIV: AE info on Evil Ryu
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2011, 11:17:25 PM »
For those who haven't heard, Evil Ryu is the 1st of the time-release characters made available for play in Japan. Capcom is also posting some detailed info about him.

Was gonna post this in the morning, but it's been a busy day at work and at home. So, here's the info from the SSFIV: AE blog on Capcom of Japan's site. Below are translations I did myself, hitting on the key points that discuss about Evil Ryu as a character.

-Evil Ryu is strong close~middle range fighter, but has weak defensive abilities

-While he can win very quickly, he can also be defeated quickly in the same manner.

-His health and stun meter are low just like Gouki. He has the same jump properties like Ryu, but his movements and dash abilities are different.

-Evil Ryu's normal moveset consists of Ryu as a base, with some moves similar to Gouki's and some brand new moves thrown into the mix.

-Moves that resemble Gouki's are the following: Jump Forward HK, Far Stand HP, Crouch HP, and Crouch HK

-New moves are the following: Close Stand HP, Far Stand MK, and Crouch MK

-Attack movements and frames are adjusted accordingly, so Evil Ryu's data may vary in certain areas from Ryu, but the only things that  are the same between both characters are the cancel points and super cancel points.

-Crouch MK is the same as Ryu's from SFIII 3rd Strike. Start up is 7 frames, making it near impossible to link in from another normal move, but its reach is longer than Ryu's Crouch MK, giving it certain advantages.

-New advanced moves and Target Combos  are the following: Zugai Hasatsu,  Senbukyaku, and Tenma Kujinkyaku

-Senbukyaku is the same as Ryu's Senpukyaku (fwd+MK) from SF Zero series (SF Alpha series outside Japan). While it can counter opponents' sweeps by going over it, it can be crouch blocked. Depending on the distance, if Senbukyaku whiffs, Evil Ryu can followup with a throw.

-Target Combo: Close Stand MP -> Stand HP. This is fairly easy to use, you can change/delay the timing, it will push the opponent away on block and make it difficult for it to be punished. This does not, however, deal a lot of damage.

-Special Moves are the following: Hadouen, Shakunetsu Hadouen, Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Senpuuyaku, Midair Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, Ashura Warp, Ryusoukyaku

-Newest move is Ryusoukyaku (overhead axe kick). Originally Jodan Sokuto Geri (move from SF3 3rd Strike) was gonna be used, but instead Ryusoukyaku was developed since it seemd to fit more to Evil Ryu.

-On it's own this is a slow move. However, if you cancel into it and select between the different strength versions, Ryusoukyaku becomes a pretty good move.

-With meter, you can create some very top class combos utilizing EX Ryusoukyaku

-Evil Ryu's Super Combo is Shungokusatsu

-Due to the need of meter for his EX moves, Shungokusatsu may not be used as much

-A good setup would be a whiffed Senbukyaku into Shungokusatsu

-Ultra Combo #1 is Metsu Hadouken.

-Same as Ryu's, but weaker if used in the same situations. However, Holding down the button will charge it up, making it much stronger., especially if you can close in onto the opponent and release the fully charged Metsu Shoryuken for great damage. Setup for this is pretty difficult, but rewarding if you can score the hit.

-Ultra Combo #2 is Messatsu Gou Shoryu.

-Since Evil Ryu moves across the screen with each uppercut, it is difficult to use as an anti-air attack, but if you FADC into this you can tag it in for big ombos.

-If you are able to connect this on its own and get the full version, then the damage is equal to that of Ryu's Metsu Shoryuken.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: SSFIV: AE info on Evil Ryu
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2011, 11:55:13 PM »
Yeh a homie on FB was breakin this down to me after he finished trying em out...im curious about that wheel kick. He was saying like his reach isnt too good er somethin like that but his chip damage with one of his Ultras is pretty decent (i think the 2nd one)...

anyway  ^^(PM)^..ill attach it to the SF4 AE thread from before

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »
DLC FOLKS!!! :w00t: =D> >:D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
video is no longer available...  ???

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
video is no longer available...  ???

F*ck... o.O# that was quick!..i guess Capcom dont want the beans spilled...too late >:P.
man thats thats the same thing they did with those arcade videos of Oni and evil ryu in action before.

eh atleast its out out there the DLC is actually happening :-??

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHyo4z_yckg&feature=player_embedded#at=97

I'm wondering if it's fake.. b/c I thought the guy said it would be completely unbalanced if released on consoles.. unless they found a way to tone down Evil Ryu and ... Oni Akuma? for the consoles...

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
I'm wondering if it's fake.. b/c I thought the guy said it would be completely unbalanced if released on consoles.. unless they found a way to tone down Evil Ryu and ... Oni Akuma? for the consoles...

ya know i kinda thought about that too but then i saw them talking about it shoryuken also and talking about a June release possibly.
i had to double check because i too thought about that unbalanced issue they cried about...well if it flip flops into a totally fake matter (which i dont think thats the case) definitely post it here man. i was already scratchin my chin on it also. Im actually still looking on the net to see if thats the case. so for now its true till proven false :P lol...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 07:33:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2011, 12:16:57 AM »
that looks borderline legit,

on the unbalanced stuff ono said a while back we are not to take it too literally like sabaki told me, first theres the language barrier and he gave very little information, if i were to take a wild guess id say some characters (NOT necessarily oni or eryu) were made stronger than their ssfiv versions but not necessarily broken or plain superior, just slightly perharps to encourage variety.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2011, 10:04:12 AM »
Looks like you beat me to it vyn. Anyways, like vyn said, I I think there's too much presumption that E.Ryu and Oni are imbalanced, where that's not the case. It's the returning characters that have a lot of of the imbalances and what-not, such as Fei-Long's buff and the nerfs on projectile games. Since so any people are still playing SSFIV and are still discovering new tricks for each character and winning, it may be safe to say that some of the changes in SSFIV:AE were not necessary.

Anyways, I think the AE DLC bit is true, since Capcom usually puts a stop on anything that is true on their ends.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »
vid looks pretty legit to me. haven't seen anything in it that hints to it being fake, the quality and style of it is consistent with the other AE/ssf4 3ds trailers and also all the footage is in the same quality/resolution even  of the costume for evil ryu  so its not like a fan made trailer on moviemaker. also the fact that capcom took it down so fast like they did of the first footage leaks of oni and evil ryu only makes me believe its 100% legit :w00t:

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 07:33:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »
yun, tang, oni and ryu better come with their alternates included

im also curious about the compatibility with other versions, i seriously doubt they can get mixed i mean sfiv sagat was some broken stuff, ssfiv balrog boxer is superior than the other versions. My guess is you pick a version and both characters have that version balances.

But if thats how it works then the dlc characters can only be played with people who have paid for the dlc and that sucks.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:49:48 PM by vyn »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar