collapse

Author Topic: SSFIV: AE First impressions & Updates  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: SSFIV: AE First impressions & Updates
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »
got mines early this morning! yeah our 360 version dl is much smaller but as well ...way faster! but i believe its all the same content for both systems.  i played for a few hours before passing back out to sleep. lol

i have to keep it real and honest. i do like the new upgrades for the game itself. the balancing they have done to the characters are...ehhh good here and ehhhh bad there but its all good. some you might not evenb notice but the chaining on some ...like Makoto.. is coooler. As far as the new 4 characters.. yun and yang are just pure bliss and can be a real problem in tourney play. these dudes have dashes and major speed and omg the EX moves!  i might have found my answer to Demonkais Guile i been having trouble with!  >:D

now as for Oni and evil Ryu...IMO... Oni is cool addition and he got some mean lil moves too. Really wasnt needed tho  but evil ryu... coulda done with out him. lol  nahh he is cool but i just dont really see him for me being someone  they shoulda done. he is all fan fare and thats it. and OMG their Ultras are retarded but yet very techy.  in order to really nail the ultra... it seems the opponent has to be like so close in your face if ya poked out your lips you would be kissin they noses! thats for both ONI ultras and Evil Ryu first ultra. but E.Ryu second ultra you just have to time it cool so you get every last hit in.  ~X(

i also think as well there will be 2 more additional characters to the roster cause of the 2 remaining spaces left to fill out the selection screen as a whole. the question is...who? :-??

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »
glad i got it played last night after it finished downloading and the twins are cool. i like yun more than yang and i figured out a target combo for them both if anyone wants to know. for yun its light punch, light kick, into medium punch and from that you can chain it into his qcf dash punch or his qcf launch kick version of gen's gekiro. for yang its light kick, medium kick, heavy kick like that target combo for ibuki. oni and evil ryu are ok not really interested in n evil ryu though but want to give oni a try.
as for the balancing i haven't really noticed a difference except for gen \-/o the gekiro timing is different now i keep missing the last kick and now it doesn't allow you to switch into crane style during a gekiro to crossup into the crane super  :(

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
ill add my input on Oni cuz hes the only one i got to play seriously,

Overall he is a slow unsafe character, meant to be played rushdown with good mixup game when he has meter, awuful wake up, good looks, very high dmg and stun, easier combos than akuma but harder than ryu and ken, average keep away and good but punishable mobility.

Detailed stuff, warning its a building of text so feel free to skip it.

(click to show/hide)

Feelings: Extremely cool character, gives you the feeling of playing as a boss character, its very satisfactory to land pretty much any combo for 300+ dmg and its even more satisfactory to land any ultra for full animation. You bet whenever someone missuses a shoryuken they go "OH CRAP" cuz they know the pain is coming lol.

He is hard to use effectively make no mistake, quite often people ask "how do i use him?" wel im still in the process of doing that myself (i need to forget how i played ryu) but it is an uphill battle, there is no obvious strategy to spam as with all the other shotos (well xcept gouken), there is no easy way to get in despite his rushdown nature, fast characters will give you hell, there is no obvious situation to use x or y move, he is mostly a guessing game and you better come on top or you will regret it.

Third Alternates:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:36:12 PM by vyn »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2011, 05:12:24 PM »
I've giggled at Oni and Blanka so far in this game. They both rip off of something so badly.

Hint: Oni's second costume.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »
TARGET COMBOS!! he has only two, first and best is Back MP - HP, this comes out pretty fast, has a very good range on the second hit and can be canceled into specials/ex quite easily, oh it also hits HARD. 260ish dmg with a shoryuken in the end. It is his main punish up close and what should follow any air hit. It does have a flaw, it doesnt hit grounded opponents, kinda like ken´s TC.

I love doing that.

I've been thinking if you can Back MP to HP, Shoryuken, FADC out of shoryu and go into ultra 2 but I can't seem to do it. Maybe It'd be better with Ultra 1?

Then Again I always seem to have trouble FADCing into anything... Can barely do Shoryuken into Ultra 1 with ryu.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
Yes that combo works but U1 is much better with combos than U2.

For example EX Dash into U1 is 365 DMG (15 more than U1 with no animation), EX Dash into U1 is 200-250 depending on how many hits you land.

Full animation U1 is 450, full animation U2 is 525 btw.

Offline zombiejerky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 18, 2019, 10:08:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
On pen and paper my pc should run it  :o

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2011, 10:47:36 PM »
So far, my only complaint is they switched up Psycho Punisher's input. ~X( I spent awhile trying to perform it before viewing the command list and seeing they switched it on me. :'(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:13:38 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2011, 06:14:56 AM »
PSN: MaverickZr0
I'm still training my Yang so if anyone wants Yang mirrors, let us spar.
I hate how Yang's damage gets scaled so badly.

Also, all Yun needs to do is c.mp xx EX Dragon Kicks to win. He's fun to use though.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2011, 01:08:06 PM »
he needs damage scaling just look at his combos, that's like asking for akuma to have zangief stamina  :D
i'll send you a friend request when i get on later

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »
ill add you both for some late night lobbies, that ok? My psn is on the sig as well for anyone who wishes to add an extremely scrubby player. BTW you guys have mics??

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »
Now that AE is out on consoles, expect new high level play for all chars, incuding the new ones. For example, here's a Yang combo vid by Desk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFxo61EpO0I&feature=youtube_gdata_player#

I know, all style and barely any damage, but this does show how link-heavy Yang is and his overall combo potential.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
ill add you both for some late night lobbies, that ok? My psn is on the sig as well for anyone who wishes to add an extremely scrubby player. BTW you guys have mics??
sure i never use my mic unless im playing call of duty though for ssf and mvc i just do the group chat with my keyboard

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »
After two days of a busy schedule I finally get a chance to sit down and play AE! Feels a lot like playing in the arcade, and one thing I notice now is it's much easier to link hits for almost all chars. Means mashing works  :thumbsup:

Anyways, messing with some chars, new & old, nothing deep yet (getting ready for dinner). Still,there's some things I've noticed in comparison to the arcade.

Yang: easier to do Mantis Slash. Seriously, the timing was screwy in the arcade, but now it's coming out like butter.

Ibuki: better combo potential all around than in SSFIV, but drawback is definitely nerf in damage. Window for canceling from s.lp->s.mp->s.hp into a special is larger (thank goodness!) .  

Oni: yeah, some nice things, but learning curve's huge. Tbh I haven't been following his gameplay so I know little of how to use him. His normals hit hard and are solid (except for f+mk), but his specials have gaps in them one way or the other. Oh, and vyn mentioned something about his midair fireball dash, if you use mp version and it hits the opponent, you can then cancel into tatsu to combo, but this is hard. Window is abit larger than one would think, but timing's tricky, cuz if you delay too long you can't cancel into tatsu. Oh, and if you cross over first with mp fireball dash, then you cannot cancel into tatsu, period.

Back later, need some grub so I can stay up tonight.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:13:56 PM by Sabaki »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »
   “Well, things change at Capcom all the time frankly. It’s a matter of internal focus and planning. Saying what’s next for us in fighting games, where do we want to have our energy, our key staff working on games and things like that.

The thinking was, we’re going to set down Street Fighter IV and let it ride with Arcade Edition. But of course, things change all the time at Capcom, so if Arcade Edition does very well, I’m sure there will be some guy in a suit somewhere saying “you need to do this again!” and we’ll be back here talking again. But that’s a-okay with me.”

Seth Killian on the informer.

If theres a new update coming i hope Oni is buffed. I dont ask for much just reduce the startup on Slashing moves and make his fireball 75% of the screen at least. Twins and fei would surely be nerfed. GO EVIL KEN hahaha.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2011, 10:16:51 PM »
ssf4 is doing great with fans and sales so i so no reason for hem to not put in more characters. i want rolento and karin  [-O<

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2011, 02:56:00 AM »
i want rolento and karin  [-O<

AGREED! :rules:
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2011, 04:05:19 AM »
well i have been playing with yun and yang way more the evil ryu and Oni. starting to really dawn on me.. i could live without 2 more shotos of the shotos we already have in ssf4 and instead gave us 2 more other series characters. yeah rolento and Karin good choices too.  :thumbsup: . heck i would take  Maki and Oro.  :D i never played with Oro but i take em anyway over Oni and evil ryu. lol .

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »
Alex and Karin would be awesome. If not, Elena or Rolento would look awesome in SSFIV animation.

Yeah, no more shotos. As fun as Oni and E.Ryu are, it would be better if Capcom add more diverse chars.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
i want new characters, cant say im interested in old any old charaters anymore, all the ones i like or kinda like are in already. The twins were the last ones i wanted to see make an appearance.

well Violent Ken would be nice....haha just kidding

What would make me very happy is a real boss, ive never liked the whole doppelganger thing and seth is not even good looking, Rugal should get here and teach capcom how to make proper final bosses.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:44:41 PM by vyn »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
Okay wow... so yeah... since no one replied to my comment I might as well show you what I'm talking about lol.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=7gla-Z8gs6w&start1=0&video2=99GPgI9vvjA&start2=24&authorName=Anon

Edit: That's not all, by the way. Choose Oni's second costume and what do ya get? ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:48:35 PM by ATiC3 »

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »
I want my favorite street fighter character, Necro, in SF4. But I guess he's not populor enough.

:(

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
I want my favorite street fighter character, Necro, in SF4. But I guess he's not populor enough.

:(

i guess no... but to make you a lil happy, by the time of SF4, Necro wasn't already created

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »
i guess no... but to make you a lil happy, by the time of SF4, Necro wasn't already created

Really? This brings up something else, when is sf4 set? not to long after sfa because Sakura is still in highschool. but it can be that much before SF3 cause ibuki is in high school (I think)

@_@

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 22, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
It takes place between SFII and SFIV....yeah I find it odd that Sakura is still in highschool too. I remember the creators saying they like the outfits to feel iconic or something when pretaining to Ken and Ryu so I assume they feel that way about everyone

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare