collapse

Author Topic: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.  (Read 42806 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Anime Battle Royal Test sprites
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »
Yeah he showed me your sprites you done, cmon fatal freak bro m, you dont bother man. you cool peoples bro.  if you got some sprites you wanna show , def show em to me man. i give you my opion just likie you do to mine mman. its all good mugen works.

yeah i plan on putting the hat on Rob Lucci  but just in an intro cause he will have both his human form and then transform via one of his hypers to then play as the leopard form. your bar  will have to be at full power and level 2 to do the transformation. i wanna try to have it set that way. i have a good transformation code and will be using it for various characters that indeed transform into different versions of themselves like Hakufu ( goes into a Rage Dragon mode, if i need the code for that) the Kikaider brothers Jiro and Rei ( Ichiro is just a Hyper striker for both) and a few others. i have to find out who actually has a top hat like that or i will have to scratch sprite it pretty much anyway. Plus yeah imma see if i can make Rob Lucci for a lil more skinner cause i did trim down Olof a lil bit in his arms and legs. but i will do a bit more to him.

I rather do editing bases than scratch spriting alot well pretty much all the cast cause 300 sprites is a whooooole lotta work to do frame for frame  for moves.
I really really liked you Tsukiumi sprite you done, a lil more details to here, small stuff and she will be pretty much tight work. you were on point with her indeed.i will show you the few lil areas she just need the minor touch up bro. you did a better job than i did on my test sprite man. PRoPS to you bro. :thumbsup:

your spike looks good too but he too needs some more working cause he kinda chunky. especially in the arm and shoulders, spike is skinnier ( not as skinny as rob lucci lol ) and he has a nice height but not really tall. you got his head perfect dude.  i hate the head of the spike test sprite i done but his body and outfit is on point. If you want see if you can use the body i did and edit it with the cool way you did your spike head and hair ;D. he wont use his gun tho as basic fighting, he will use it in specials and a few hypers.

yeahhhhh i followed the link you gave me ...and all i have to say is ....WHOA WTF indeed. :D

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2011, 12:53:06 AM »
Yeah he showed me your sprites you done, cmon fatal freak bro m, you dont bother man. you cool peoples bro.  if you got some sprites you wanna show , def show em to me man. i give you my opion just likie you do to mine mman. its all good mugen works.
Yeah, thank you for encouraging me.  ::salute:: :cool
Sometimes, I don't know how to sprite (especially complicated one like WitchBlade, Final Fantasy monsters). 

yeah i plan on putting the hat on Rob Lucci  but just in an intro cause he will have both his human form and then transform via one of his hypers to then play as the leopard form. your bar  will have to be at full power and level 2 to do the transformation. i wanna try to have it set that way. i have a good transformation code and will be using it for various characters that indeed transform into different versions of themselves like Hakufu ( goes into a Rage Dragon mode, if i need the code for that) the Kikaider brothers Jiro and Rei ( Ichiro is just a Hyper striker for both) and a few others. i have to find out who actually has a top hat like that or i will have to scratch sprite it pretty much anyway. Plus yeah imma see if i can make Rob Lucci for a lil more skinner cause i did trim down Olof a lil bit in his arms and legs. but i will do a bit more to him.
I didn't know Rob Lucci until you mentioned.  His hat reminded me of Jedah12's Alice Cooper (btw this is from IMT Sprite Contests)

Alice Cooper By Jedah12

I rather do editing bases than scratch spriting alot well pretty much all the cast cause 300 sprites is a whooooole lotta work to do frame for frame  for moves.
I really really liked you Tsukiumi sprite you done, a lil more details to here, small stuff and she will be pretty much tight work. you were on point with her indeed.i will show you the few lil areas she just need the minor touch up bro. you did a better job than i did on my test sprite man. PRoPS to you bro. :thumbsup:

your spike looks good too but he too needs some more working cause he kinda chunky. especially in the arm and shoulders, spike is skinnier ( not as skinny as rob lucci lol ) and he has a nice height but not really tall. you got his head perfect dude.  i hate the head of the spike test sprite i done but his body and outfit is on point. If you want see if you can use the body i did and edit it with the cool way you did your spike head and hair ;D. he wont use his gun tho as basic fighting, he will use it in specials and a few hypers.
Wow, Taskmaster told me same thing about Tsukiumi's sprite too. Taskmaster showed his Tsukiumi's sprite, and that is much better and amazing (hopefully, he shows it here)!!!  :o

(btw, this is mine lol)

About Spike.  Yeah, I felt like I should have fixed him skinnier and his pants more tight.  btw, I forgot to tell you that I used a gun that you got. lol  Thank you for showing me the gun!   :w00t:

I enjoy spriting anime characters now days.  I appreciate you for making this thread.  I can tell I'm improving.  When I make other anime characters' sprites, I will show to you guys.  :)

yeahhhhh i followed the link you gave me ...and all i have to say is ....WHOA WTF indeed. :D
Yeah, hopefully he didn't get virus or something (I'm just curious to know what happened).  :-SS

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2011, 03:11:49 AM »
yeah imma probably make Rob Lucci hat from scratch.  shouldnt be too hard, he wont have it the whole fight so its all good. :thumbsup:

i def have to see what taskmaster done making a tsukiumi sprite.  if its anything like yours than really WOW!

well i was keepin this a lil surprise, i got to lay back a few from doing some terry basic move editing and i decided to try my own hand at scratch spriting. i wanted to see if i can nail afro samurai head a bit cause i plan on using a samurai showdown sprite character for his base.

Afro Samurai head scratch sprite .

i am def gonna do some real good touchups if i be the one to sprite him fully for the game. whatever head i use as a base i will try to really duplicate the characters head as much as possible.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline taskmaster0

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:September 07, 2011, 06:20:18 PM
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:24 AM »
Fatalfreak i didn`t posted  it here because it`s yours edit i just fixed the shading and used Mira´s hair.

The fixed FATALFREAK`s sprite:

[edit] just remember to follow the tips i`ve sent u on the PM.

Looking at the full topic i found a very good edit and i found a base for her. And posted a Roy Mustang because it`s is a very simple base just resize and transform it in CVS and we have a Roy mustang for mugen.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2011, 06:04:25 AM »
that roy mustang idea will work great for edward as a second striker character along with Alphonse..
i got plenty of flame attacks to utilize for him as well if he gets used. :thumbsup:

I tried my hand at scratch spriting Afro Samurai head a bit more, but the real and definetly work is when i do him a full fighting stance sprite. I will be using for a base one of the Samurai Showdown characters, wont say which but def look out for em, plus i might have to edit and fuse someone jeans on him . i got someone in mind already.  so keep tuned in for when he gets done either by me or another spriter but i definetly will take my shot at him to since i have gotten much better than when i first did a sprite of him....lawd help me back then.  :D

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »
Here's the video just to help you with scratch spriting, Lando. This is a Liu Kang scratch sprite in SFA style. I think taskmaster0 already knows about scratch spriting, which I'm not good at.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »
WO! thanx for that vid . i def will try my hand a bit more at scratch spriting this way. but only if needed. i have that second project i wanna do but this one is the main focus so i will test the scratch spriting method used from the vid you sent. On the second one i think i will try a scratch sprite of a character first for that one. good look out on the vid.

Oh yes not thinking he can scratch sprite , I know taskmaster can and he has shown he is awesome at it. he does great work. much respect to taskmaster on that and i hope mines be as good as his one day. So its good to learn various ways to sprite cause it really helps with the project. Good find Enso and thanx for the great ideas to roll from taskmaster. :thumbsup:

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2011, 05:34:03 PM »
@Enso

Hey, that's a great video.  I need to watch it!  :O*D
Thank you for posting that!

@taskmaster
Fatalfreak i didn`t posted  it here because it`s yours edit i just fixed the shading and used Mira´s hair.

The fixed FATALFREAK`s sprite:

[edit] just remember to follow the tips i`ve sent u on the PM.

Looking at the full topic i found a very good edit and i found a base for her. And posted a Roy Mustang because it`s is a very simple base just resize and transform it in CVS and we have a Roy mustang for mugen.

Thank you for comment and posting a sprite that you fixed!
Yes, I follow your instruction.
btw, I made the musubi sprite.  :-[

@lando
Afro Samurai head scratch sprite .

Good job!!!  :thumbsup:
That's amazing!
I guess you will use sprites of Samurai Shodown or Last Blade, right (for Afro's body)?
That's very good!

I'm working on different sprites, and once I finish them, I will be back and post them (I think I should try spriting Roy Mustang)...  ::salute::

^^(PM)^  :)

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
You like to sprite on Roy Mustang, fate?

@lando: I started scratch-spriting on the hat on one of the bosses last year. It's kinda difficult, but you have to think from your own experience that you got it from. When I was in high school, one of my classmates "stylized" the way by moving the cap on different sides. This is how I got to scratch-sprite for my Openbor mod the link I showed to you (I'm talking to lando here.)

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2011, 12:13:56 PM »
i can def scratch sprite Rob Lucci hat, not a problem at all, plus i might edit a hat from a character i got and def turn it into that hat he wears , he doesnt wear it the whole fight anyway, just the intro so not much work gonna be needed but it will look good enough.  thanx to askmaster and showing how he done cvs style c.viper really got me into doing some scratch spriting but not on that scale yet. so doing smaller lil scratch spritings and some really cool editing and modifications is coming along nicely.

hopefully soon i will show some good animations and gameplay on Hungry Wolf Terry and Jamin.  once i got them more or less completed in spritings and coding then its onto Adam Blade  and Adam ArcLight next, then Elle from shadow skill ( along with her striker brother black howling)  and  either Hakufu, Afro Samurai, Blackstar from Soul Eater or WitchBlade.  I am doing them in sets of 2 .  Since i am flowing at a very nice pace and not rushing i could have Terry done in spriting and his editing rather good time frame and then he can be ready for coding right afterwards, i am really looking forward to coding. ;D

Offline taskmaster0

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:September 07, 2011, 06:20:18 PM
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »
Good that my cViper was usefull somehow, but i always thought i never did a "real" scratch sprite, since i always use a resized image as a base like that Cviper screenshot, and i don`t have a tablet and i`m no good with hand drawing or proportions. \-/o

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
i been wanting one of those tablets myself. see what good use i could get out of it for this and the next project. porportions can be a tuff shot when hand drawing indeed. i mainly use sprite bases for the transformation editing into characters. mostly try to keep it 2 bases but a 3rd only if neeeded. like a skirt or certial persons boots, something like that. So a tablet would come in major handy for any extra lil details i wanna add that i find myself harder to sprite with the mouse until i am top notch with one. ;D

I am finding more things i can do with editing terry and i will definetly have to do some real cool modifications on his Ultimate Power Wave hyper, gonna change the move up to look more and more like the anime in my sig. i want that intensity on how he does it.he does i straight down and not angular. so imma see what i have that i can use for that and do some really cool editing.  Jamin is pretty much a version of terry with similiar moves but also very different. So expect some really out the box things on him. he actually fires a Ki blast one handed so i am definetly gonna add that as a special move and grow with it from there. i got both characters voice rips almost done minus a few i need and want to have.

i was also at first glance thinking witchblade is gonna be hard to do but ....lol.. nahh she not hard at all really so i got something cool on her i wanna do. Another spriter comes along before i get to her can surely sprite her fully if they good at her and that will free me up for other characters to do. but definetly i wanna do more test sprites. my test sprite plate right now is to do Afro Samurai, Witchblade, Toph and the babe Elle from Shadow skill.  I already done one of her but i want to redo her and post her up when finished.  ABR is definetly on track and we will be rolling some good things to show as we go but definetly taking our time. :thumbsup:

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2011, 09:13:26 AM »
lando, that's good!  I'm glad to know what you want to do.  Please keep up your work.  I'm excited to see your Afro Samurai.  :)

You like to sprite on Roy Mustang, fate?
Well, he looks a great character, and I like his outfit, but I've never watched Full Metal Alchemist or read Manga (I'm so embarrassed to say this.  :-[ ).  I don't think I can work on those characters.  Anyway, I made a Roy Mustang sprite.  :thumbsup:

Roy Mustang

I think this sprite can be better, but a good thing is that Goenitz's outfit is similar to State Military people from the anime, so anybody can work on those characters.  I appreciate Taskmaster for telling us.

Freasha

Ahhh, I've never watched this anime...  :-[
So a little girl transforms to this Freasha girl?  The storyline seems unique.  ;)
(click to show/hide)

Wataru

I made this sprite because I like this guy!  :)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »
Roy Mustang

I think this sprite can be better, but a good thing is that Goenitz's outfit is similar to State Military people from the anime, so anybody can work on those characters.  I appreciate Taskmaster for telling us.

Freasha

Ahhh, I've never watched this anime...  :-[
So a little girl transforms to this Freasha girl?  The storyline seems unique.  ;)
(click to show/hide)

Wataru

I made this sprite because I like this guy!  :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've never watched Full Metal Alchemist or read Manga (I'm so embarrassed to say this.  :-[ ).

It's ok. I haven't seen a bunch of the animes in the project.

Offline Enso

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
Your sprites are hell straight great as F***, man! :D :D :D Splendid work!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2011, 01:58:30 AM »
@Shadaloo Lives!
@Enso
Thank you, guys!  :thumbsup:
Yeah, I used to watch a bunch of anime when I was younger, but I stopped watching them (I mean new anime).  I guess I'm not into anime that was released after 2000.  Last anime that I watched was Cowboy Bebop lol

I watch old anime from 80s (I love anime from 80s!).  I guess I prefer older anime.  ;)

Anyway, when I make new test sprites, I'll post them.  :)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2011, 02:05:17 AM »
like i told you before in the pm man, fatal that freesia is definetly on point target bro. :thumbsup: she looks very good.

lol dont be embarressed man, no reason to be at all.  There are quite a few in here alot of people havent seen but believe me they are allll very good .all of them tho have a huge cult following. From manga to full blown anime movies.  One you really need to watch thoi...Needless. you will crack up at adam blade. he is hilarious , a true bada$$ and a fighter to the core. i plan on making him myself for the project as well as adam arclight. bases already picked bro. :thumbsup:  but definetly watch it. you will like it. Shadaloo will tell ya himself.  :D

your roy isnt bad at all either and of course he could def use some more work. Like i said , when spriting the characters , go for fighting stances. so if you or a teammate wants to use the sprite for the project that got done  then there is actually something to roll with. its not always easy especially if you never seen the anime the characters come from so definetly get yourself msome popcormn, soda and pop in the anime and watch em.  the ones i am studying hardcore, shadow skill for Elle and her brother who will be her striker , Black Howling, and more Witchblade. i plan for her to use her transformatuion into her ultimate witchblade mode  in a hyper or as a hyper move for a certain amount of time. :thumbsup:`

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2011, 02:46:59 AM »
Yeah, definitely watch Needless. You might want to wait 5 days for the English dubs though. (Probably be uploaded by someone before the DVD comes out though lol.)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2011, 02:49:54 AM »
all i know is the voice work in english better be great or i will be very very verrrry  \-/o

matter a fact i hope the 2 seperate sets come with options to have it in japanese as well. cause if so then i will be happy if the english sucks . i can just watch in japanese with english subtitles.  :w00t:

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2011, 02:52:40 AM »
Yeah, Japenese will probably be an option like Spanish or French usually is on DVDs.

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2011, 02:54:42 AM »
@Lando33
@Shadaloo Lives!

So Needless is the new anime?
Wow, it looks like it's from 90s (lando is using the avatar of Needless, right?), and I like the style of anime (somehow it reminds me of Trigun).  :cool

Yeah, I remember my friends saying that Japanese voice is better than English voice in anime.   

I gotta watch the anime.  :cool

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2011, 02:57:18 AM »
Yeah, I think it came out in 2009, but the manga started in 2004. His avatar is Adam Blade.

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2011, 02:58:53 AM »
So his name is Adam Blade.
Hey, just now I found a video.  :w00t:

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2011, 03:06:34 AM »
Why are there commercials? I do have to say one  bad thing about the show. The credits are... unusual to say the least. But it's an awesome show.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2011, 03:09:35 AM »
for your viewing pleasure...plus its a hint at some intros and some gameplay ;)

edit: yeah shadaloo is totally right tho...the credits...border very very ...strangeness indeed. but hellz , the whole show is not only awesome , it has a sense of weirdness to it but def action is on point. Adam Blade tho...Is da F***in Man!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:17:38 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando33 »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal