collapse

Author Topic: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.  (Read 42401 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Anime Battle Royal Test sprites
« Reply #900 on: July 14, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
Thanx everbody for the comments. i am fixing up that gold belt too hypersonic. i am either gonna redo it to look different or do tha color adjustment tomorrow after work. i got a few good ideas to make it look different but keep it not too much to do. lol.

@ Enso. ahh the questions. well to be absolutely honest i didnt at first intend him to just transform prefight intro but actually have him fight in this form. but after doing my Lando idea tank box thinking i figured why not just go for broke and make him transform prefight and then after final loss he goes full Mars...like what happened to Lacorn in the anime movie.  His moves consist of some of the anime style krauser moves  and some of his own original moves fused with the powers that the Mars armor grants.

his story is as follow.

(click to show/hide)

so there ya go. lol. trust me, i researched the history of the Stroheims and Gaudeamus bloodlines very carefully before i came up with long ago for the project. he was actually the first character i came up with and builded upon for a whole game to wanna be done.  He shares some moves like Krauser ( Blitz Ball, and Kaiser Wave) but differently and a bit more akin to the anime style than games style.. I am taking some moves seen from the Fatal fury motion picture anime of what Lacorn could do when wearing that armor full body in godlike effect, and adding some of my own thoughts for stuff as well. With Kravix i really wanted him to go with the he wanted to test more the full power of the Armor since he is already confident in his own skills. Thats his whole motivation for the battle royal, to test the full power that the Armor of Mars grants. So those moves will be upped more.

hopefully this explains some of him and whats up with the game story for him....till game time.  >:D

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:21:26 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando-ism »

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 06, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #901 on: July 15, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »
i researched the history of the Stroheims and Gaudeamus bloodlines very carefully before i came up with long ago for the project.

Nice char sprite my man  :o... and of course nice work with that research:)

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:27:00 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #902 on: July 15, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »
Hopefully, SNK approves of him and decides to make another Fatal Fury.

Man, we need Fatal Fury right now! >:(
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #903 on: July 15, 2012, 04:31:01 PM »
Nice char sprite my man  :o... and of course nice work with that research:)

:DxDie :DxDie and you know this...MANNNNNN! thanx bro!

yeah man i definetly had to do the good info gathering and flesh out a story for him and make it fit as seamless a bit as i could.  #:-S

i also been going over the new specials for Terry and came to a cool conclusion...i am doing away with one of his regular specials cause it ties very strongly to the game version and not the anime version.  His Power Wave ..( Please dont hit me! @^@) but it will be replaced with a more ideal version for him that is new Power Burst.
 Its a  new short range version used more as a defensive ability since in the anime he uses his Power Wave only usually once and its more of a hyper level 1 rather than just a special move. He uses himself as a projectile ( Burn Knuckle) more often in a fight.  this is from the studies of the 3 movies ( which i own all 3 hehehe) and i will be changing how he does the Power Wave more closer to how he does it in the anime version. i already started it awhile back and gonna do some redos on how his arms looks for the stance ( done the sprite months ago but i have to fix the right arm that he does it with so it looks way better) and get a his Power Wave to resemble the one he actually does. That was already done (  ^:)^  ::salute:: to you Rage on that) as well but i am thinking of tweaking it quite a bit more to look even cooler.  >:D .
The aim is to get him closer and closer to his anime counterpart in this style and deviate him from all the other Terry's out there.

oh yeah Wolvie bro i still workin on those Luffy stage sprites bro. just gonna do 3 more Frankie, Tony Tony Chopper and Brook...i just need some bases ideas if anyone has any so they can get made.  [-O< someone got some ideas.  Usop is going to be part of Luffy and crew reason for the joining in the Batttle Royal and will be in his ending ;) :thumbsup: .

The next stages to be worked on are Slayers characters stage, Spike Speigals ( thanx Axel Foley bro for the concept art to reference a bit ::salute::) Toph,  Adam Blade and Adam Arclight stages. and got the stage tracks already for the Adams , just got to sif through the ones i have to pick good ones for slayers, spike Speigal and Toph.  ::salute:: If Silva Silva wants to pick from something for the Slayers stage tracks def bro, hit me up and we can get that part of the business rolling.  ::salute::

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #904 on: July 15, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »
Hopefully, SNK approves of him and decides to make another Fatal Fury.

Man, we need Fatal Fury right now! >:(

Now THAT would be awesome!  :D . add him into a new FF movie......dude... i would be gitty like a schoolboy in a room full of beautiful babes. ever so happy! Fatal Fury the motion picture is one of my all time favorite animes.  I wish they made another! \-/o  :'(

oh and uhh just to let you know how much i LOVE that movie...i have the entire movie on my cellphone saved to my memory card!  :Terry :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.
« Reply #905 on: July 15, 2012, 06:26:17 PM »
ooooookay! i went back and did some reshading on the gold belt around his waist that hypersonic pointed out that needed a retouching up cause of blending colors. still might do it totally different but meh. i see whats good on it shortly in a new design.

then i got a cool idea to try something closer to what most the Stroheims have, a cape ...of sorts. lol.  never really made one before like that so i tried just to see if one would work.

yeahhhh as you can see...it needs alot of work. lol. not too sure i will want to use it if i cant get it right. its just for the the intro anyway but if to have one, it MUST look right!  \-/o ~X(

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #906 on: July 15, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
Looks nice Lando  :)

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #907 on: July 15, 2012, 07:00:29 PM »
Looks nice Lando, but his crotch kinda looks like RB (Real Bout) style. BTW Markpachi says he's waiting for your response at MFG, Lando. He asked if it's too late for him to contribute for a stage or two. I answered him and told him the 2 stages are done and a lot need to be done. He's waiting for you at MFG Lando bro.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #908 on: July 15, 2012, 07:38:55 PM »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #909 on: July 15, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »
wow.................................

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 06, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #910 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »

Looks great man def the cape needs some work but damn.... this is pure....  :o

^:)^

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #911 on: July 28, 2012, 12:20:45 AM »
thanx guys. well i def gonna try some stuff on the cape, even tho its just for his intro only but never hurts to make it look good ya know. lol. i have to see whats good on my work schedule to see what days i have off cause i will use 2 of those days to sprite these specials and hypers i am doing for Terry and some stuff...hehehehe. and do Kravix total finished look in full Armor of Mars. i am using pics i have to work from to get his look close but still different from Laocorns.  Once i finish the sprite i wanna ask someone to do an actual drawing and coloring on the dude for the portraits.  Axel Foley and V- nix i know got skills in those areas. i have no clue if anyone else can draw him close to an anime style .  :-??

ya might not see much coming from me like in the threads that much cause i am soley workin now on wips to get finished and helpin with portraits. #:-S :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:29:44 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #912 on: September 13, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »
oh well since there was some people that wanna see some stuff. i figure well wth, i show my new rebuild on a certain dude that has been dopne like 3 times before by 3 different people. me, fatal freak and angelecks. each had our own version. so i figured why not take a crack at him again for the hell of it since i am workin alot of hours at work and gettin things prepped on the project. but this aint what i was talkin bout in the main thread either....thats something totally different.  >:D..actual motion!

this here is my redo workings on a character and gettin a better sprite look for him. now i just got to go and do the rest of the cleaning up and smoothing out his sprite pixels and details. Jodafro gave me a great idea for his actual stance animation. its gonna be tricky for me but i really like the idea cause it fits how he flows in fighting.  i was saving him for the gameplay video showcase with other characters thats gonna be in it or a few screenshots along the way before. but ehh i figure i wont be stingy with the early work. update will follow in due time cause i am touching him up.

the unfinished sample sprite.

yeah its exactly who you may think it is. Bout time he get a redo. 2 bases and both non cvs. have to finish the cool conversion to our style a bit more indeed. Kof and sf alpha sprites used.

Hail Kong and his ungodly powers of riping sprites! thanx dude for the hard work and contribution to the community for us spriters to work from.  :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #913 on: September 13, 2012, 09:05:38 PM »
Keep it rockin lando! cant wait to see the full animations :thumbsup:
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline YoungSamurai5

• Young Coder
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 11, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Live by the gun, Die by the sword
    • Email
« Reply #914 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
spike is looking pretty sweet  :w00t: keep on with the awesomness bro
Mugen or Nothin

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #915 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »
thanx bros.  i been workin almost half the day doing stuff.  #:-S .  didnt get everything i wanted to do today accomplished fully  in  half a one day but i got some cool stuff done.  worked on finally getting another unlockable character made up as well. trying to keep the balance of working alot of hours at my job, kids , home life and then mugen. Crom Lando multitasking at its best! lol  :D

there are some things to be done on spike thats noticeable and i will be getting on those things in due time . i take every chance i get to work on something sideline of the other stuff i am working on.  ;D.

trying to be hands on in everything in the project.

oh and Young Samurai bro, once i finish lacing this final sprite for the Recoil slide. i will be later on sending a care package your way once everything is working right so you can follow . i been mad busy at my job so i just need some more time to get into the groove and get that finished and up and running.  :thumbsup: ::salute::

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #916 on: September 14, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »
the unfinished sample sprite.

yeah its exactly who you may think it is. Bout time he get a redo. 2 bases and both non cvs. have to finish the cool conversion to our style a bit more indeed. Kof and sf alpha sprites used.

Ièm not sure if fei-long and oswald can be used to make a competitent character.....

But then again I made a character from Gambit and Eagle so who knows.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #917 on: September 14, 2012, 01:14:52 AM »
Ièm not sure if fei-long and oswald can be used to make a competitent character.....

But then again I made a character from Gambit and Eagle so who knows.

its all in how you do it bro.  lol. there are plenty of ways cause fei long from what i have been rolling through in sprites can serve a great purpose as well as oswald.  the main thing is .. putting in the work to make what may seem impossible..very possible and i think it can be done. i dont like always taking the easy route. and if i am right about what i got planned to be done using these bases ( along with some others trhrown in to make even more cool moves) this should be kinda fun to make. It can be done bro.  :thumbsup:

yours turning pretty well so you already know a bit about putting 2 characters together that someone else might not think matches up. i think yours turning out awesome. ::salute::

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:27:00 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #918 on: September 14, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
That one needs no more do-overs.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #919 on: September 14, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
That one needs no more do-overs.
please be more constructive. What do you feel needs more work good sir?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #920 on: September 14, 2012, 03:36:14 PM »
please be more constructive. What do you feel needs more work good sir?
:D he means it doesnt need to be redone over again  :D  yeah this will pretty much be the main look now and just touching up the sprite to finish it off and then later be working on this unholy spriting stance animation.  i figure i am going to try to pull one of your moves Rage .  Lots of frames i figure cause he will have that "free form" bouncing around like he does in the anime . Fei long has perfect hand movements for it and i can definetly hook up how the legs to flow but thats really the harder part of the 2. Key thing will be making it look smooth.  :-SS

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #921 on: September 14, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
I don't know what to say about that Spike sprite but it looks pretty good. I think his hair needs to be edited.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #922 on: September 15, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
I think his hair needs to be edited.

thanx on the comments peoples.

well Enso bro there is many ways to edit his hair. i am trying to get it closer to his actual hair style but which it aint too far off i suppose. some it looks afro like and others its frayed a bit.  but still i am editing him as i go slowly. i wanna make him good as i can.
 alot still plays on his hair coloring. his hair in his bio is actually green , some pics i seen its like a brown color at times in pics but most always green hues. i messed aound editing the hues and there asre a few variants to choose from., just picking the closet one is the thing. lol.

i work alot off of actual anime shots of characters ranging from there official art in scenes and in photo character pics of the box arts. various types.  here is one thats will be used in the ABR game for him.

(click to show/hide)

wont tell wether its one of his big ports, a pic image for the SP, lifebar port or whatever  but it is being used.  >:D , so when i made him i am trying to get that hair color as close to what hue might work right. any suggestions or thoughts which is the best hue to use that i done for the character good peoples?

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #923 on: September 16, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
...I can't believe I never realized Spike's hair is green...

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #924 on: September 18, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »
...I can't believe I never realized Spike's hair is green...

dude i am just as surprised as you are and i been watchin it for years! lol

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare