collapse

Author Topic: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.  (Read 44483 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Anime Battle Royal Test sprites
« Reply #850 on: June 18, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
lol whats good Antman bro! yeah man its still alive and kickin bro. Lookin forward to seeing some cool new Vash sprites bro.  ::salute::

ok i hit a sorta weird ...snag. i am going to make some Luffy stage Bg sprites and one character has me stuck ATM. Nico Robin. she has so many outfits she has worn and i cant decide which is a bonifide one to actually do.  SOOOOO... anyone have any suggestions to which outfit Nico Robin should wear as a Bg sprite? so many to choose from but just need one definitive one ya know. please show a pic ( full body if can ) so i can decide on a solid one to sprite.   :thumbsup:

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 06, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #851 on: June 18, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »
Well maybe this outfit man... i really dont know much about her... but may this one can work for ya.  :thumbsup:

::salute::

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #852 on: June 18, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
I say go with whichever one is more "iconic" Ya know the outfit people first think of when they think of her

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #853 on: June 18, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »
I say go with whichever one is more "iconic" Ya know the outfit people first think of when they think of her

ahh true, thanx on that bro  :thumbsup: but i just remembered its based on CP9 versions so the outfits so yeah  the outfits for Nico and Nami would be these.
(click to show/hide)

and Nami outfit would be this one.
(click to show/hide)

its funny tho bro cause they do change alot of different outfits too. but i think these are the most Iconic like you said from that saga. thanx for reminding me bro. ::salute:: i can definetly do these!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #854 on: June 18, 2012, 07:22:02 PM »
well i did this real quick , ok not too quick . lol its the BG sprite gonna use for luffy stage, nico robin.

i think i am gonna keep at it on her head to get it close as i can. hmmmm...trick time! >:D >:D

after i am done doing what i got to finish on her i will take a stab at doing Nami for the stage as well.  :thumbsup:

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #855 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:45 PM »
Nice looking Nico Robin there, Lando!

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #856 on: June 18, 2012, 08:51:57 PM »
It is. What other BG chars do you plan to make?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #857 on: June 19, 2012, 09:23:37 AM »
It is. What other BG chars do you plan to make?

thanx  guys.  ;D . actually i am going to redo just her head and actally draw it by hand, resize and then do the shading and all that jazz in a few minutes from now. just got off work and did OT so i am beat but ABR work must get done and i am amped to keep spriting and learning stage makin more and ...lawd... coding!
(click to show/hide)
. ! well for Nico i will use one of her pics i got as a reference. Nami i may not have to do all that and the others mand just sprite them as is. got Nami base to edit on standby right now. lol.

wel Hyper bro, whoever is needed really for stages.  some stages wont have anyone tho. but for Luffy the Bg characters are Nico , Nami , Tony Tony Chopper, Usop, Brook and Frankie. Zoro and Sanji are Luffy hyperstriker characters, so they wont be in the bg. just intro and winposes . I might need to find someone to help me make a few of the others  , i will def do bg sprites of Nami  and Frankie . the others, i think Lando will require some good spriter help. plus Teach Li zkun told to ask him for any advice or help so i might see if he could do a  Bg character for Silva silva's  Slayers stage i been crackin on as bit. Dang i need to be good as Wolviesam, Ninja and ex shadow.,..one day yall...ONE DAY!  >:(  lol.

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #858 on: June 19, 2012, 09:44:39 AM »
Man u got skills brod  :thumbsup:.. u're da right man for the job seriously  :o.... i cannot sprite as u guys do so fast and clean.... damn... \-/o i wish 2 hav ur skills dudes.

Trust me, the stage stuff is just peace of cake compared with these spriting work my man.. and this means u're doin the hardest part on Mugen and u pass it with highly honors.  :)

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #859 on: June 19, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
For Brook, just remember that he is a good deal taller than the rest of the crew, maybe a full heads worth. I'm pretty sure the same goes for Human-Point Chopper too.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #860 on: June 19, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »
Man u got skills brod  :thumbsup:.. u're da right man for the job seriously  :o.... i cannot sprite as u guys do so fast and clean.... damn... \-/o i wish 2 hav ur skills dudes.

Trust me, the stage stuff is just peace of cake compared with these spriting work my man.. and this means u're doin the hardest part on Mugen and u pass it with highly honors.  :)

awww man super thanx for that bro!! HUGE smile came on my face ! lol. I am still trying bro.  i aint really as good as alot of others that have way more experience than me. I am still a ...noob spriter. lol.  it has taken me a year and almost a half to even get to this point. actually i took a couple months off from mugen at one time to go and practice for 2 months straight  cause i didnt wanna feel like i was not contributing to the project enough in spriting skill. i learned to not rush anymore to make a sprite look like they should. cause to me they werent . especially copmparing hakufu and Luffy now to what i did when the project first started and made them.  now i look at them old versions and say to myself ...WTF was i doing! lol.

But bro you stage makers and animation art dudes like Rage and peoples, yeah.. that stuff is WORK! this spriting is just getting easier cause i do it alot and practice off project . I still suck and hate making hair, but i am better at it now. especially scratch spriting hair and not franken spriting it. lolbut i will say bro, the power of the frankening is awesome .

funny bro is i might get known as that guy that creates and sprites just anime characters!  :D , ehh i love anime, what can i say. hopefully bro, i can make stages as good or close to good one day like you and others. ^:)^

@ Ralf... true bro. he is taller. he gonna be in the Bg somewhere so i just gotta make him the right size and all needed for the stage since its complete in looks and looks great in 1.0 mugen.  :thumbsup: props wolviesam! i am doing all kinds of poses for them, well Nami right now after i touchup this Nico robin one in a hot sec.  :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #861 on: June 19, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »
ok i went back and instead of hand drawing her face i did some editing more and added some touchups to finish her off. hopefully this will do it. #:-S lol

now time to do Nami! got a nice lil pose already picked out too. lol  >:D

Offline Antman537

• Last Login:May 28, 2013, 12:14:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #862 on: June 19, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »
looks real good!
Should she perhaps be a bit thinner though to match the original art style?

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #863 on: June 20, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:36:52 PM by C.R.O.M.- wolviesam »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #864 on: June 20, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »
looks real good!
Should she perhaps be a bit thinner though to match the original art style?

yeah true , she could but i couldnt find anyone ( base wise) that was THAT SKINNY as she is in the show, :D.
so i used a woman who i viewd and went by which was clkoset to her height and size if she was in the cvs art style , not full anime art style. which was Mature. i could tho bro do 3 things:

1. redo her all over again using sprite base thats actually skinnier, like i just done with Nami, but its a snk character style that i am trying to get close as possible to the style we doing. that is some mean work to do. i know, i already tried it the first time around before showing. lol.

2.  resize the sprite by Thinning her pixels , pretty much shaving the babe off and then redoing it over but might look weird. IDK, never done that before.

3. to make her exactly looking like the anime art style, toss this one in the trash and do all scratch by hand drawing her. that will be some more mean work . lol

well i went by the CP9 version of her because Luffy is also based on that arc. rob Lucci as well is in the arc. so i am trying to make the BG characters reflect that timeline in looks as much as i can with the crazy bases i am using. plus with Nico here is the one i used, she wears this same outfit in another arc as well in CP9
(click to show/hide)
she is is a bit thicker builded. so i could really only wanna slim her legs down a pixel or 2.  good thought bro and looking out , i will try maybe later before game gets released and fix that or when i got time soon mto go yet again on her. but ehhh if i guess everyone thinks she looks cool as is, then i may not change her and wind up messing her up. lol:thumbsup: ::salute::

WOW thanx bro Wolvie! you did that hella quick man.  Looking good too. i was hoping you did that way cause the way i either creating or picking poses is to reflect where on the ship they can be placed. but now antman done said about her thinning more, i might go back and redo later . we got plenty time for that.  Well i am going to finish off this Nami sprite bro. ::salute::

hmmm maybe i should make an animations with Nico hair blowing in the wind periodically? what yall think...good idea?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:49:35 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #865 on: June 20, 2012, 02:50:33 PM »
Sure thing man... also can't wait for Nami.  :thumbsup:

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #866 on: June 20, 2012, 10:12:01 PM »
Sure thing man... also can't wait for Nami.  :thumbsup:

well bro.. here she is so far. lol. Nami in her CP9 outfit, well main one anyway.  she wears several. lol.

any changes i need bro let me know. i see what i can do.  i think i will just do another touchup if needed.  i had to do ALOT of sprite conversioning with the shading. cause it was SNK style. i just tweaked it more to close to ours. :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #867 on: June 20, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »

well bro.. here she is so far. lol. Nami in her CP9 outfit, well main one anyway.  she wears several. lol.

any changes i need bro let me know. i see what i can do.  i think i will just do another touchup if needed.  i had to do ALOT of sprite conversioning with the shading. cause it was SNK style. i just tweaked it more to close to ours. :thumbsup:

Groovey  :O*D
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #868 on: June 20, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »
Her left leg is pillowshaded and her right leg seems to lack ANY shading.

Otherwise, nice job

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #869 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
Her left leg is pillowshaded and her right leg seems to lack ANY shading.

Otherwise, nice job

thanx guys with some comments.

sup bro hyper, yeah the one thats pillow shaded , yeah i will try somethin else on that cause i was converting the originals shading style and it was not working on that leg. so , imma figure a slick way to do it. , the one that has mostly one shade...its supposed to cause thats how cvs Mai's legs are in sorta that same position.  Mai's Inner thighs are dark and not lighted and only depending on the position of the legs would you add a light source.  so yeah its usually one shade.  but i guess i could try something else but IDK cause i was flowing with the position of the cvs legs and how hers are. Thanx bro, i will keep checkin it out and play around a lil more and def change that other leg. lol  ::salute:: :thumbsup:

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #870 on: June 21, 2012, 12:13:04 AM »
Alright. Glad I could have been of help

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #871 on: June 21, 2012, 10:33:32 PM »
aight , i went back and redid the leg ( our left) cause it was pillowshaded and i slimmed it down from the original size by a few pixels and adjusted the shading too on some parts so it would flow better, plus did some more work on the skirt, not much but to add more to it.  Let me know if this so far on that leg will work and then i can go and see whats good redoing the other if need be in yall thoughts. it still may come out that it has to be in that shade tone cause of the light source but Lando can work around some thangs and tighten it up.  :thumbsup: #:-S

i will be just doing a lil spriting here and there on the characters  to get base looks i have to do but its about to stop cause i got characters done in base looks already and time to code now and get to crackin on my end . 

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #872 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #873 on: June 21, 2012, 11:26:52 PM »
I second that. Good improvement  :)

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #874 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »
Nice. Her right leg should need fix for a little shading.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar