collapse

Author Topic: Why do marvel insist on removing the different coloured trunks for their heroes?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
I don't know, if anyone has noticed this, and this has annoyed me for a long time now. But marvel consistently seem to re-invent these old super heroe's costumes and remove the trunks, which for me personally is what makes a super heroe's costume complete. It makes the suit look more like a motorcross suit than a super hero one. Particularly x-men For example.

Wolverine:

Cyclops

Beast, Antman, Batman, Magneto... The list goes on.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
We'll run it under the tagline:
Underwear: The True Overwear.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Hmm i kinda wondered that myself. i came to the conclusion that maybe after countless battles and tons of torn colorful fruit of the loom spandex boxer speedos they just figured the best way to go was full on spandex PJ's and motocross gear. Less money and saves them a ton on their draws for regular daywear.  :DxDie
Like would you go on a date with spandex speedos on? /:O i think not [-X  lol

Offline The Anvil

• Email
Hmm i kinda wondered that myself. i came to the conclusion that maybe after countless battles and tons of torn colorful fruit of the loom spandex boxer speedos they just figured the best way to go was full on spandex PJ's and motocross gear. Less money and saves them a ton on their draws for regular daywear.  :DxDie
Like would you go on a date with spandex speedos on? /:O i think not [-X  lol

It's there to offer coverage, because spandex is tight around your crotch, and it holds your gear in place. For example, wreslters who wear tights, always have trunks on over the top to stop their gear from moving all over the place and being really.... visable. When wolverine is fighting magneto now, all mag can see is wolverines gear, although i'm sure that's much to ian mckellen's liking... lol.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
It's there to offer coverage, because spandex is tight around your crotch, and it holds your gear in place. For example, wreslters who wear tights, always have trunks on over the top to stop their gear from moving all over the place and being really.... visable. When wolverine is fighting magneto now, all mag can see is wolverines gear, although i'm sure that's much to ian mckellen's liking... lol.
^^(PM)^ lol
i still dont think i would be wearing spandex speedos tho. i mean crotch support is fine but uhh i rather not,  All the sweating and fighting ya might get chafed inner thighs. not cool at all.  but as far as the characters in comics with the current changing from speedos to jumpsuits, i mean the suits still tight as heck! if ya can see ab definitions and all i mean they got to at least be wearing the spandex draws underneath.  :-?? i figure with all that on, fighting and sweaty spandex draws, hot jumpsuits i dont think help the crotch region out very muc. 2 words: serious chafing. lol among other stuff a foul. :-&

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
Well, who really wears their underwear over there pants..  :D

I never understood why they did that in the beginning anyways..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
I think it's a good thing Marvel has decided to remove the underwear from their heroes. That's one of the things I couldn't imagine wearing if I ever became a superhero (I'd probably be just like Luke cage-wearing jeans and a t-shirt).

I'm surprised DC hasn't done the same thing.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Marvel tries to stay "Modern" and since the underwear looks "lame" or "Uncool", they have to remove to keep their "hip" Image.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Well, who really wears their underwear over there pants..  :D

^^(PM)^

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Marvel tries to stay "Modern" and since the underwear looks "lame" or "Uncool", they have to remove to keep their "hip" Image.

^^(PM)^
yeah i believe thats exaxctly why they changed up. plus, i think they tire of the Dc old fashion wear look and wanna get away from that. Now where they get it all from? ask superman :-??, wasnt he the first?

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
I mean with the trunks its a certain nostalgia to it, so people might like em because of that aspect alone but from a personal point of few Id rather not see em, underpants are overrated. The underpants will never go out of style cuz its established as a classic look, its what we grew up on and it still is fashionable to the superhero costumes. Thats why the put them in games as bonus content but I think they are trying to move one from the classical looks and bring just there costumes in a new light to give them an overall better and more serious look.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:59:57 PM by azareal188 »
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel

:w00t: I say we come up with a superhero holiday and vote for Long Johns and Speedos as the national dress code...  :w00t:

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
:w00t: I say we come up with a superhero holiday and vote for Long Johns and Speedos as the national dress code...  :w00t:
:DxDie I agree we should do somethin like that.
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Well, that would be a good holiday for those of us who aren't already dressing like that...  :-[

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Well, that would be a good holiday for those of us who aren't already dressing like that...  :-[

^^(PM)^ lol i dont even have a comment for that one acey. ..( quickly stuffly my super ninja hero costume in the closet...whew!) ;D

Offline The Anvil

• Email
Well, who really wears their underwear over there pants..  :D

Its not Underwear, there spandex trunks. They would still have underwear on i assume. Like i said in an above post, there used to cover and keep your gear in place.

Post Merge: October 06, 2010, 02:58:31 AM

Look at old school wrestler bret hart, hes wearing spandex trunks, i know they are the same design as his tights, but the point i am trying to make is he wears them , becasue he neededto hold everything and cover it all when hes running about, just like a super hero would need to . Urgh just imagine superman without his red trusks his awesome suit would just be bland, and the the belt would just look as add as astonishing wolverines.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:00:43 AM by The Anvil »

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
I prefer them without the trunks they always looked pretty ridiculous to me.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
Me too. Super heroes without trunks. I think this might be the reason I don't watch it. I'm honestly too old for superheroes especially with trunks. :D So I vote no.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
^^(PM)^ lol i dont even have a comment for that one acey. ..( quickly stuffly my super ninja hero costume in the closet...whew!) ;D

\-/o I say, we grew up with spandex trunk wearing superheroes and we should support them 'till the very end !!! Batman would not be Batman without his Speedos and Robin...well let's just say that I am glad that they finally gave him Long Johns to wear underneath...but that's not the point !!!

These are the heroes we grew up with. These are the ones who saved the world numerous times. They risked their lives and went outside without stopping to think about their reputation while wearing these. They did it for you and for me. Show some gratitude and never question their preferred attire. Be supportive of these lone daring spandex wearing warriors and their fashion choices.

lando get your ninja costume out of the closet. I think we should all wear our Wolverine, Spiderman and Batman PJs proudly and show off those dusty hidden outfits with your head up and straight...just...please…don't embarrass yourself and decide to leave the house while wearing them. In fact, it would be best if you don't leave your bedroom at all...IMO

:w00t:  :o  :w00t:  :o  :w00t:  :o  :w00t:  :o  :w00t:  :o  :w00t:

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
It doesn't matter if they are spandex or underwear, the point is that common sense is to put them on first before you put on your tights..

So in your mind a superhero is gonna put on his tighty whities and then his tights, then his spandex over them..

Who in the hell would do such a dumbass thing like that..

Yes, we did grow up with that whole era of superheroes but times change and im okay it..

Hell now you have underarmor tights you can wear that give support and allows for mobility.

So an updated to a classic iconic hero is good as long as the storyline remains the same..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
The Anvil  and his great underdraws that are overdrawers Topic  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie
i dont know yall, its just kinda a weird thing to wear ya spandex speedos on the outside of ya outfit....heck thats even if they have an outfit ( submariner) :D
But yeah i am from the back in the day when superheroes wore spandex draws on the outside, and i was so used to that , i even drew my characters in the classic form. but when now i am older and a parent, its really not as cool as it was when i was a kid.  ( and by the way, the super hero ninja outfit will come out the closet, but uhh bedroom use only, might get shot by the cops for thoughts of a home invasion ....by ninjas /:O) yeah definetly staying in the bedroom and in closet. but women only say for special occasions. lol.  i tho am kinda liking the new way they are making outfits, the jumpsuit looks are cool, but long as the females still dressing and looking sexy i am cool. and they even got some cool new stuff for them too. maybe not showing AS much but still cool. I dunno, spandex speedos over ya outfit vs tight jumpsuits, i am leaning a bit more to the jumpsuits, except the summer time, all draws! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:40:02 AM by lando33 »

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
We're finally having an underwear on the outside of pants thread? Awesome.  :w00t:

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
Well, hello Quail Man (from Doug series). I remember now.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
It doesn't matter if they are spandex or underwear, the point is that common sense is to put them on first before you put on your tights..

So in your mind a superhero is gonna put on his tighty whities and then his tights, then his spandex over them..

Who in the hell would do such a dumbass thing like that..

Yes, we did grow up with that whole era of superheroes but times change and im okay it..

Hell now you have underarmor tights you can wear that give support and allows for mobility.

So an updated to a classic iconic hero is good as long as the storyline remains the same..

Have you ever worn tights? I have. You need to put something over them to hold them up! I totaly understand why superhero's wear something over their tight. As a man, you really need that support. Floping junk will make your tights want to fall off.

• Infinity Regular
Have you ever worn tights? I have. You need to put something over them to hold them up! I totaly understand why superhero's wear something over their tight. As a man, you really need that support. Floping junk will make your tights want to fall off.

:D It is hysterical to see how far we've gone into this topic. I can't wait to see the depths that are left to explore... :DxDie

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD