collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188715 times)

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #8475 on: June 27, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »
Thanks Acey, I think I'll go back to my classic team :) (Chris, Frank, Hiryu), I just need to see how to level up Frank faster if needed, perhaps with Chris' Machine Gun assist I could do something.

DCL I think it'll be fun to use the team you're suggesting lol at least against this guy. He wins, nothing happens. I win next match, nothing happens; then he wins the next one and he just keeps taunting and doing Rider's S and DDomm's Foot Dives *Iceman ThumbsDown!* it's annoying. But I just want to try first with my Capcom's hero team, and see what are my good and bad points with my classic team against this kind of team.

I think I've become too predictable, as you said Acey, against this guy. I haven't used Chris against him, so perhaps, I can see the patterns he uses with Rider (before the S zonning) and Strange... with Doom, it's only foot dive 8=|. I haven't put a lot of attention about it, so I'll try to do it next time, I'll let you know what happens :).

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #8476 on: June 27, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
Okay ive had it with people saying "Swag", which is the main reason Samuel Jackson is in my sig saying "SAY SWAG AGAIN" what kin dof dumb term does that even mean anyway?

Through hard work and dedication of NOT using Wesker...I have officially forgotten how to use him...lol explain how that works? Forgetting how to use one of basically THE simplest characters in the game? Weird...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8477 on: June 27, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »
I look forward to hearing about it Nestor. I was (am currently) stale with my Hulk, I needed to stop doing my normal patterns and watch what the opponent was doing instead of watching my own character. It made a difference.

@ DCL, I'm still trying to figure out where the term "Happy Birthday" came from for snagging 2 or 3 characters at once.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8478 on: June 27, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
@ DCL, I'm still trying to figure out where the term "Happy Birthday" came from for snagging 2 or 3 characters at once.

I think it was during WNF or at Evo2011 when that term came up, it was PR Balrog's birthday and he caught two of his opponent's characters at once and the commentators said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"
Basically the formula is this:
1 Character = Your Certificate of Knowledge
2 Characters = Happy Birthday!
3 Characters = MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8479 on: June 27, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
 /:O Niitusma WHY YOU NO TELL TRUTH ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

WHY YOU SAY:
I've received many reports regarding Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Currently, I am adjusting the mechanics related to the problem. Please wait patiently.

BUT WAS ASKED:
Grecco: Will MVC3 be rebalanced in 2012?

AND SAID:
Sorry,I think this year is probably not.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jun/17/niitsuma-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-unlikely-be-balanced-year/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jun/27/niitsuma-likely-responds-tac-infinite-reports-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-adjusting-mechanics/
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8480 on: June 27, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »
Is he busy with the next game?

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8481 on: June 27, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
Is he busy with the next game?

Doesn't look like it since Capcom officials said that the team has moved on, yet here we are with Niitusma saying that a fix is in the works.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8482 on: June 27, 2012, 02:58:39 PM »
Epic Fail by Niitsuma -_-
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8483 on: June 27, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »
This should have been Magneto's ALT from the beginning. This would have been better then just removing the ALT all together too. One can hope...
(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8484 on: June 27, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
That DOES look snazzy. Wonder if anyone else has done anything like that

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8485 on: June 27, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »
i dont think hes getting an alt. seth talked about it at i think it was during e3 and he said the ppl who worked on ultimate are on different projects now so magneto getting a new outfit is very unlikely.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8486 on: June 27, 2012, 06:14:13 PM »
Yeah, that's just fan art but it's pretty cool.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8487 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:24 PM »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8488 on: June 30, 2012, 10:22:23 PM »
Side Switching Swag?
My sig says everything (if you can see it)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8489 on: July 01, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »
I'm liking this new team I forged:
Point: Firebrand...........Assist: Demon Missile (Combo Extender primarily for X-23)
Backup: X-23................Assist: Ankle Slice (OTG + Low Attack, Combo Extender/Mix-up)
Anchor: Gouki...............Assist: Hyakii Gou (OTG + Overhead Attack, Combo Extender for X-23, Mix-up)

As you can see, this team is entirely all about Mix-ups, Firebrand is a NASTY mixup monster and not many use him (except for maybe ChrisG before he went lame). As usual, I ALWAYS find teams that will work with my X-23 XD
Gouki is there to say wassup, but make no mistake, one combo with him is more than enough to take out anyone with 900k-950k HP or less even without X-Factor.

The two assists though are very unique actually, normally I would have used Hell Spit Fire for Firebrand but the Demon Missile works very well actually.
The part you probably are wondering teh most is why would I use Gouki's least used assist instead of the powerful projectile nullifying Tatsumaki Zankuu Kyaku?
The Hyakii Gou is an overhead attack which means i can do some high-lows with X-23 or Firebrand. So I do find it quite useful.

The only main problem with this team is they can get spammed to death easily...I mean they all have quite a low amount of health. Believe it or not, Firebrand has the most health in this team:
Firebrand: 850,000
X-23: 830,000
Gouki: 750,000

Any one touch death combos will ruin this team, thats why its all aggressive and mix-ups all day with this team. Letting my opponent move is NOT an option...

I wanna test this team someday online...any volunteers? lol
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:54:58 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8490 on: July 02, 2012, 01:20:40 AM »
challenge accepted but i dont think i'll be home tomorrow but when i do get online, know that ill be fighting for freedom  ::salute::

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8491 on: July 02, 2012, 11:16:45 AM »
Great team DCL, I imagine Firebrand is a great teamamte with X-23. Too bad we're on different formats. I've been working on Spider-man for months now doing 1.5 hour sessions in training mode about 4 nights a week. I've spend tons of hours with my new team built around him that you can see in my sig. The main tool in the belt is getting extra damage out of repeated Web Throws and the mix up with air mobility. This team can still handle a variety of other situations but it's a high execution, very difficult team with Spider-man on point:

Red Team:
Point: Spider-man...........Assist α Web Ball (used after air recovery to trap advancing opponent)
Anchor: Hulk..................Assist α Gamma Wave (Ground beam attack, also OTG picking up the opponent after a close corner Web throw but not close enough to self chain.)
Backup: Deadpool...........Assist β Katana Ramma (OTG combo extender for Hulk and Spidey)

• Hulk takes second spot so that I can switch between Spider-man and Deadpool early on while having access to Hulk's DHC.
  • Depending on the match up I'll put Deadpool on point during the verses screen if it looks like the opponent is going to try a cheap zone or keep away. Trigger Happy and teleport (or assist and teleport) work nicely in these situations and Deadpool has his own OTG for mid combo. I'm working on extenging his combos Maxamillion style.
  • Everyone's hyper's DHC nicely into anyone else's here. Spider-man only has level 1 hypers making tehm more accessable. No need to TAC ever with this team which means less risk of dropping combos.
  • Spider-man touch of death: If Spider-man gets in with a web throw from anywhere, at any point int he match, he can build a full additional meter as long as Deadpool is still available for the assist, allowing for a second character to DHC out of the combo that would have otherwise ended with Maximum Spider, this does aroun 960,000 which means touch of death for many oppoents.
  • Hulk touch of death: With a deadpool assist Hulk can touch of death most opponent with 1,000,000+ in a corner even starting without any hyper meter built. The combo easily builds enough meter for Gamma Crush which will hit on the way up and back down making it one of the most effective hypers in the game.

Attributes (Life):
Spider-man (900,000) = mobility, great setups, long damaging combos
Hulk (1,200,000) = high damamge/poor recovery, gamma throw mix up, Gamma Crush invincible startup and high damage
Deadpool (900,000) = OTG assists, good mixups and chip damage weapons

I a few cases I was able to one hit kill two out of thee of the opponent's characters early in the match. Spider-man one touch DHC into Hulk kills the first, and then Hulks one touch kills the second. Usually the opponent uses x-factor at this point so it's back to just playing the game.

Remember kids, sticking to your strategy only means an experienced opponent know what you're going to do before you do it. Just play the game.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8492 on: July 02, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »
see now THATS a Unique team...not this stupid Trench Coat bullcrap...

I see why you put Hulk in 2nd now, usually I put all my "getting in/projetcile assists" in the back so just in case we get caught in a happy birthday (oh the tragedy -_-), my assist will still be in the back recovering health while my 2nd character will be coming in incase my first (usually X-23) goes down. It's very hard to keep X-23 alive, theres no room for mistakes with her...

My main team of 2 experiments, 1 flawless, 1 failed, teaming with the World Warrior actually perform well together...just ask DP and Swiziga lol

Oh yeah, late last night I learned a touch of death with Gouki (learned it by myself so yay me lol), it uses 3 meter, no assist, no X-Factor. It officially KOs Thor so I can consider it a 100% combo.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:51:59 AM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8493 on: July 02, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
If you can KO Thor then it's a true blue 100%. What starts up the combo (so I know what to avoid)?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8494 on: July 02, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »
If you don't use Thor, it will kill any character regardless of the set-up, the only thing Gouki needs to do is corner you and that's it. You know the saying "a cornered cat fight's back"? Well that doesn't apply if you're facing X-23, Gouki, Firebrand, Wolverine or any total rushdown character.

This video will show the 100% sorry for the horrible quality yet again -___-

Best if ya read the description i put for the video instead...
Code: [Select]
Combo Transcription:
Air S, Air Tatsu L, Crouch M, Stand H, Fwd+H (Senpuu Kyaku), Hyakkishu - Hyakki Gouho (H), Air M, Air M, Air S, Zankuu Hadouken L, Air M, Air M, Air H, Air Tatsu L, Stand H, Stand S, Air M, Air M, Air H, Air Tatsu L, Tenma Gou Zankuu Agyo (mash), Air S, Hyakkishu - Hyakki Goujin (M), Stand S, Air H, Air Tatsu L, Tenma Gou Zankuu Agyo (Mash), Air S, Tenma Gou Zankuu Ungyo

Total damage should be above 1,260,000. More than enough to KO Thor, so I consider this a full 100% combo. However due to the lack of Thor users, Gouki does not really need to start the combo with Air S and Air Tatsu L. The only thing he really needs is to have his opponent be in a corner.

BGM: Boondocks Theme [AdultSwim]

I apologize again for the lack of quality, I'll see if I can upload a higher more clear quality version.

Btw, just fought Swiziga's Cap, Task, and Doom team with my new Firebrand, X-23, Gouki team. I had problems because of Doom's Missile assist but Firebrand seemed to be the solution (Luminous + X-Factor = Fireball rage/loop). The score was 10 - 8, I barely won but Im still disappointed that I kept dropping Gouki's combos. >_<
I dont know why but its SOMETHING EVEN AFTER GETTING USED TO THE MINOR BUTTON LAG that I keep dropping my combos online. I can do them perfectly offline but whenever I step online I just keep dropping them.....its like with Samus in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes whenever ya step into the portal to Dark Aether...WITHOUT the Dark or Light Suit...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:08:56 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #8495 on: July 02, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
If you don't use Thor, it will kill any character regardless of the set-up, the only thing Gouki needs to do is corner you and that's it. You know the saying "a cornered cat fight's back"? Well that doesn't apply if you're facing X-23, Gouki, Firebrand, Wolverine or any total rushdown character.

This video will show the 100% sorry for the horrible quality yet again -___-

Best if ya read the description i put for the video instead...
Code: [Select]
Combo Transcription:
Air S, Air Tatsu L, Crouch M, Stand H, Fwd+H (Senpuu Kyaku), Hyakkishu - Hyakki Gouho (H), Air M, Air M, Air S, Zankuu Hadouken L, Air M, Air M, Air H, Air Tatsu L, Stand H, Stand S, Air M, Air M, Air H, Air Tatsu L, Tenma Gou Zankuu Agyo (mash), Air S, Hyakkishu - Hyakki Goujin (M), Stand S, Air H, Air Tatsu L, Tenma Gou Zankuu Agyo (Mash), Air S, Tenma Gou Zankuu Ungyo

Total damage should be above 1,260,000. More than enough to KO Thor, so I consider this a full 100% combo. However due to the lack of Thor users, Gouki does not really need to start the combo with Air S and Air Tatsu L. The only thing he really needs is to have his opponent be in a corner.

BGM: Boondocks Theme [AdultSwim]

I apologize again for the lack of quality, I'll see if I can upload a higher more clear quality version.

Btw, just fought Swiziga's Cap, Task, and Doom team with my new Firebrand, X-23, Gouki team. I had problems because of Doom's Missile assist but Firebrand seemed to be the solution (Luminous + X-Factor = Fireball rage/loop). The score was 10 - 8, I barely won but Im still disappointed that I kept dropping Gouki's combos. >_<
I dont know why but its SOMETHING EVEN AFTER GETTING USED TO THE MINOR BUTTON LAG that I keep dropping my combos online. I can do them perfectly offline but whenever I step online I just keep dropping them.....its like with Samus in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes whenever ya step into the portal to Dark Aether...WITHOUT the Dark or Light Suit...
i dont mind the qualities of the videos. Its just that black filter, line or what ever you have in ur videos. what is that?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8496 on: July 02, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
i dont mind the qualities of the videos. Its just that black filter, line or what ever you have in ur videos. what is that?

Believe me if I knew why it does that Id find a way around it. But everytime I record, within a few seconds that dark filter thing whatever it is pops up and ruins the video.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8497 on: July 03, 2012, 12:49:05 PM »
Anyone have problems trying to do their mixups/trademark combos online? I can do them flawlessly offline but whenever I go online I ALWAYS mess up a mixup opportunity. No matter how accurate i make the inputs, I still mess them up and I keep thinking its the minor lag.
If i do the inputs early, doesnt work
If I do the inputs later, doesnt work
if i do the inputs perfectly, it STILL doesnt work
If I do the inputs randomly...THEY WORK...i dotn get it...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8498 on: July 03, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »
(XBox 360), On both my main teams I used to drop all my combos online but eventually I got used to it (months later). Spider-man is without out a doubt one of the most time sensitive combo players and I never thought I would get my combos down online but then it started to click. Practice, practice, practice!

This is just a guess but if you're using a PS3 controller with the d-pad rather than the control stick on the controller or a complete arcade stick then it is possible that the game has trouble recognizing the imputs as the system starts to lag. I noticed with the XBox that when both players are mashing buttons it may be more likely to lag. I use the Xbox 360 sucky controller but I trained myself to use the control sick on the controller which has made a major difference in execution. My dragon punch motions were really the hard part to get used to.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8499 on: July 03, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
(XBox 360), On both my main teams I used to drop all my combos online but eventually I got used to it (months later). Spider-man is without out a doubt one of the most time sensitive combo players and I never thought I would get my combos down online but then it started to click. Practice, practice, practice!

This is just a guess but if you're using a PS3 controller with the d-pad rather than the control stick on the controller or a complete arcade stick then it is possible that the game has trouble recognizing the imputs as the system starts to lag. I noticed with the XBox that when both players are mashing buttons it may be more likely to lag. I use the Xbox 360 sucky controller but I trained myself to use the control sick on the controller which has made a major difference in execution. My dragon punch motions were really the hard part to get used to.

Funyn cuz i use the controller analog stick, i never really use D-Pad unless its for double tapping a certain direction twice (ex. Wolverine's Berserker Charge, Ryu's Hadou Kakuze, Amaterasu's Weapon Change, etc.)
I'm not sure why my executions dont wanna work correctly, everytime I mess up an execution it ends up costing me a character or 2 with fraudulent tactics (blockwhoring, WAITing for mistakes, not forcing to make mistakes, relying on Lvl 3 X-Factor Wesker)
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare