collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188638 times)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #8400 on: June 08, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
How come we dont have a marvel 2 topic?
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8401 on: June 08, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
Start one if you'd like. I spent some serious time this past week on Marvel 2 and man, it's no Marvel 3.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8402 on: June 11, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
East Coast Throwdown 4: First to 15 - $5,000 Money Match
Ray Ray vs Fanatiq
Commentators: BrokenTier's IFC Yipes, Col.CC. Mike Ross, UVG Noel Brown
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8403 on: June 13, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
I just spent about 25 matches on line losing to Morrigan and I pretty much have it figured out, besides hyper attacks or teleporting you have 2 really good options.

1) Can you fly or double jump? If so then super jump up and stay on top of her. Don't stay in the air though, jump up and down. If she has Doom's hidden missiles too then make sure your timing is right and hacing a beam helper doesn't hurt to take out Doom while you're super jumping.

2) Treat Morrigan like Phoenix and get her out first. Before she levels up for her crazy Morrigan spam you can usually approach her pretty good from the ground, work on those wave dashes and be ready to commit. Morrigan will try to come down on top of your head so if you have an uppercut or diagonal projectile then that is a great start.

That's all I have today.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8404 on: June 13, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »
I just spent about 25 matches on line losing to Morrigan and I pretty much have it figured out, besides hyper attacks or teleporting you have 2 really good options.

1) Can you fly or double jump? If so then super jump up and stay on top of her. Don't stay in the air though, jump up and down. If she has Doom's hidden missiles too then make sure your timing is right and hacing a beam helper doesn't hurt to take out Doom while you're super jumping.

2) Treat Morrigan like Phoenix and get her out first. Before she levels up for her crazy Morrigan spam you can usually approach her pretty good from the ground, work on those wave dashes and be ready to commit. Morrigan will try to come down on top of your head so if you have an uppercut or diagonal projectile then that is a great start.

That's all I have today.

Hadou Shoryuuken FTW
Ricochet Shin Hadouken FTW
Thunder Equipped Shin Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku FTW
Shin/Metsu Shoryuuken FTW

I can handle morrigan just fine with Ryu =D
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8405 on: June 13, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
vergil and dr strange are the only characters ive been able use to get around the projectile spamming. also having hidden missile yourself as an assist with teleporting characters makes fighting her easier.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8406 on: June 13, 2012, 05:47:25 PM »
I'm writting up the findings on Shoryu's wiki.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #8407 on: June 14, 2012, 12:01:32 AM »
Sorry for running early. I have a lot to do tomorrow, so I can't stay up too late today. Forgot how much fun I had with this game. Thanks for the invite DCL.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8408 on: June 14, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
I just had a runback with DP, and my question is...
(click to show/hide)
Great matches though, we tested out a couple of characters to see what we could do.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8409 on: June 14, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »
I just had a runback with DP, and my question is...
(click to show/hide)
Great matches though, we tested out a couple of characters to see what we could do.

>:( HE'S NOT THAT GOOD!!! 
lol naw JK but seriously WTF was up with that Vergil match against Magneto? No Shockwave and getting hit out of everything?
I see why japan players use Vergil as anchor compared to American ones who use him on point.
So lets see: Hulk, vergil, Dormammu, maybe the Raccoon? But everyone else I picked was dropping everything. Couldn't even pull a "Maavvell" with Lei Lei like I did yesterday against Swiziga after you left. But as always, you two still hand me a salty loss.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8410 on: June 14, 2012, 05:20:51 PM »
>:( HE'S NOT THAT GOOD!!! 
lol naw JK but seriously WTF was up with that Vergil match against Magneto? No Shockwave and getting hit out of everything?
I see why japan players use Vergil as anchor compared to American ones who use him on point.
So lets see: Hulk, vergil, Dormammu, maybe the Raccoon? But everyone else I picked was dropping everything. Couldn't even pull a "Maavvell" with Lei Lei like I did yesterday against Swiziga after you left. But as always, you two still hand me a salty loss.

I thought I used Shockwave and instead the Dirty Snow came out instead. Vergil coulda been chipped.
Vergil + Swords + Devil Trigger + X-Factor + Anchor = Hell
For Japan, I guess he's the Wesker...

I hate Trish...I just hate her...nuff said

Also I don't seem to understand why some players are saying that Ryu is for the less experienced players? That's entirely not true, sure he has easy combos but you cannot compare the level of skill it takes to win with Ryu than Wesker. Ryu is good enough to take out anybody by himself, and he is possibly the most balanced character in the game in terms of damage, speed, and vitality.
His zoning is average, he can attack foes that like to stay in the air (Hadou Shoryuuken, and Shinkuu Hadou Upwards), he can do a high-low mixup with an OTG assist + Overhead (Fwd+M).
So my question is, why is Ryu for the less experienced gamers?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8411 on: June 14, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
sorry for not joining was watching movies but il be on in a few if anyone wants to play mahvel 2 or ultimate

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8412 on: June 14, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
Is he because he can't respond fast enough to certain situations? You don't really see many Ryu's at a tournment, or at least they get weeded out before they make it far. He may be balanced, but the more popular characters seem to fare better then Ryu.  :-??
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8413 on: June 14, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »
I know several combos with Ryu (outside of online) that no one has done at all. Ray ray may have a good Ryu but we all saw what happened to him in that Money match with Fanatiq.

ChrisG made Ryu look good even in Vanilla, but he decided to go lame now.

To answer your question, most people just dont have the slightest clue on how to use the World Warrior. It takes time and patience to win with Ryu. No braindead rushdown (i know i sound like an a$$ and sometimes do braindead rushdown but thats only when I have no clue what to do). Alone he is pretty much mix-up less (with the exception of his over head).

Lets look at his changes from vanilla again:
In Vanilla he had...
No wave dash, No overhead cancels (except X-Factor), and pretty much bad assists

in Chocolate he gained:
Wave Dash (may accidently use Hadou Kakuze power up)
Overhead Cancel into Specials
A minor improvement on his Tatsu Assist (i think, not sure)
Ren Hadouken (multi fireball with "Ken" syndrome (goes only halfscreen))
Baku Hadouken (Invisible Explosive Hadouken that causes a wall bounce)
Hadou kakuze (A power up super, think of it as his own Berserker Charge, gradually loses health but gains a small speed boost with a Hyper Boost)
 -Shin Hadouken (ricohets off walls, and could be an excellent move against Morrigan's zoning)
 -Shin Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (can be treated as an anti air)

Ryu got a major improvement from vanilla, though his Baku and Ren Hadouken seem kinda useless, because I rarely use them. The hadou kakuze is a life saver if unsafe moves were used.
I would have been seriously surprised if Capcom went beyond and added an Evil Ryu mode to him, kind of like Phoenix except NOT broken =D

OMG Swiziga ya missed it I made Dark Phoenix into a Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-Fil-A and ate her up for lunch. MAN that felt good >=D
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8414 on: June 14, 2012, 08:37:42 PM »
Evil Ryu? eh, he got denji mode, good enough lol
OMG Swiziga ya missed it I made Dark Phoenix into a Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-Fil-A and ate her up for lunch. MAN that felt good >=D

(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8415 on: June 15, 2012, 05:13:56 PM »
lmao at DP

btw, for those who think that Morrigan spam is unbeatable...
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
(click to show/hide)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #8418 on: June 19, 2012, 01:26:21 AM »
Once someone scans it we'll have some nice portraits for select screen and hypers :P
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8419 on: June 19, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »
Once someone scans it we'll have some nice portraits for select screen and hypers :P

Ok now I care lol
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8420 on: June 19, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »
Second day in a row that I jumped into a lobby and after winning one match everyone just dropped out of the fighting. They didn't leave the lobby, they just all chose not to battle. I'm not even crazy good. I'm sporting a hero team (see below) with no cheap villians like Wesker, Phoenix, Vergil, Dr. Doom, Sentinel or Magneto. I'm doing solid combos but no "one hit kills" combos either. The only reason why I went into the lobby (2nd day in a row) is because I didn't get matched after trying a player match and there is that nifty "8 player lobby" achievement as well.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like that in the lobbies?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8421 on: June 19, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »
Second day in a row that I jumped into a lobby and after winning one match everyone just dropped out of the fighting. They didn't leave the lobby, they just all chose not to battle. I'm not even crazy good. I'm sporting a hero team (see below) with no cheap villians like Wesker, Phoenix, Vergil, Dr. Doom, Sentinel or Magneto. I'm doing solid combos but no "one hit kills" combos either. The only reason why I went into the lobby (2nd day in a row) is because I didn't get matched after trying a player match and there is that nifty "8 player lobby" achievement as well.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like that in the lobbies?
Okay before I begin...Lando I need your Essay writin skills, not gonn lie though I can write essays but DAMN Lando's skills are just beyond mine...now then on to what Im gonna say...

@Acey
Not really, see I "scout" first when I join a lobby, I watch a few matches, tell em great fights, then when Im ready...X-23 pounces...and no one sees her coming. In fact, somebody wanted a runback after a near perfect I got on him when he was using a fraudulent Trench Coat Team.

Anyway...
I just finished playing right now and Im a little dissapointed since I didnt do too well in ranked match. I first lost my lord status so I had to get it back with a few salty matches. The amount of BS this game has is...damn idk...its unscalable (that even a word?). Which brings me to say the game is unbalanced. Not the unbalanced as in "oh my god 1 hit kills broken s*it" not that, but rather unbalanced in terms of user-friendliness, mainly because of X-Factor. At first the match goes well and your about to win when suddenly your opponent makes a "dramatic" comeback with spamming arrows or Dark Wesker. The same applies for me when I have no choice but to try and make a "comeback" with X-Factor. If I win with it, I feel as if I did not deserve it. The only exception is if both players are using X-Factor to take out a specific character, if its one on one, or more importantly to save yourself from a mistake (ex. accidental hyper). This is the type of stuff that gets me quite salty in marvel3, which is the main reason why Id rather play Marvel2. The comeback in that game takes a lot of focusing and it makes you react faster than normal. Marvel3 is like...eh use X-factor you'll be fine...

Not trying to hate or anything, I think Marvel3 is an okay game. Maybe it's just me and I need to take some time to play it again or something else all together. Right now Im just a little salty at that fraudulent Hawkeye that spammed me to death with Arrows and Gimlet. He knew he was going to lose so he did what I had mentioned above...X-Factor and you'll be fine...
I find it quite funny that he tried to offend me by taunting and doing these ridiculous looking bowel movements. I was kinda hoping he'd send a message to me or something so I can tell him exactly what I wanted to say.

"...You have no idea do you? You knew you lost the match when I took out both your Wesker and Vergil with ease. You had no skill with Hawkeye since you kept running away. You were just lucky I didn't finish the combo I got on him. I personally find it funny that you taunted and tried to offend me, when the truth is, you are a sore, pathetic loser because you were outplayed by someone who uses a low-tier team and cleverly took out 2 of the most overused and abused characters that have become easy for me to take out since most of my matches were those characters that are mainly what I fought all the time. Here have a Nyquil...your gonn need it, so hold that s*it..."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:21:08 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #8422 on: June 19, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »
i haven't played online in many moons. can anyone tell me if people are still counter picking and running riiiiiiight before you deliver the death blow lol. that was something i hated with a passion during my playtime in mvc2 and a few other fighters. running like trackstars to get that timeover win another   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #8423 on: June 19, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »

another morrigan shutdown . a woman that got bats flying around her must not smell too good lol

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8424 on: June 20, 2012, 02:10:20 AM »
Yo ugh man I was so salty that I even resorted to saying that I didnt want this game no more -_-
I didnt mean that........

Goddamn that Trish man...well at least Evo Moment #51 was relived...

Goodo games all and all I guess...
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare