collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188834 times)

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #8350 on: May 18, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
Dude, chill out. You didn't need to comment about that if it really disgusts you that much..

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #8351 on: May 18, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »
Tired of seeing nothing but Trench Coat team, Hawkeye Spam, Phoenix abuse and Morrigan spam? Then this is the vid for you...

(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:56:20 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #8352 on: May 19, 2012, 02:49:29 AM »
I'd just like to say that's on f**ked up gamer tag,and it disgusts me.

I forgot to comment on this before.
yeah I thought the same
Dude, chill out. You didn't need to comment about that if it really disgusts you that much..
hey that is a messed up name. Maybe you show have thought that name choose though a little more. Just saying.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #8353 on: May 19, 2012, 03:12:48 AM »
Xbox Live - Acey Infinity

"Last seen 18 hours ago working on crazy Chun-Li skills in UMvC3"
Alright, I'll give you my Gamertag once the 360 is free (It's not mine). Then we can do battle Acey! I also have PS3 if anybody wants to play, my PSN name is the same as my IMT name. I get lonely on ranked matches. :(

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8354 on: May 19, 2012, 03:23:54 AM »
Alright, I'll give you my Gamertag once the 360 is free (It's not mine). Then we can do battle Acey! I also have PS3 if anybody wants to play, my PSN name is the same as my IMT name. I get lonely on ranked matches. :(

I'd like to play with you too, if that's cool. whenever you can.

Both my tags are in my sig.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #8355 on: May 19, 2012, 03:28:01 AM »
I'd like to play with you too, if that's cool. whenever you can.

Both my tags are in my sig.
For sure, I'll be sure to add you on both.

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #8356 on: May 19, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
yeah I thought the same hey that is a messed up name. Maybe you show have thought that name choose though a little more. Just saying.

But what does my name have to do with actually playing the game? I just think that it's unnecessary to comment about it here since this is more of a matchmaking & information thread.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #8357 on: May 19, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »
On PS3 right now if anyone wants to play!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #8358 on: May 19, 2012, 11:51:13 PM »
I would if I could get a good connection, even though I know for a fact you can destroy me in like 6 seconds. lol Can't seem to connect to PSN ever since I moved. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #8359 on: May 20, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »
Forgot to mention this. While I was at gamestop the other day I bought both a used and unused copy of UMvC3 (For PS3 and XBOX respectively). I haven't tried the PS3 version so I think I'll boot up today. My PSN ID is "FutanariLoli" and for those who missed it, my Gamertag is "LoliImpregnator".

Hope to catch you guys online later!  :)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8360 on: May 24, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8361 on: May 31, 2012, 09:46:36 PM »
Forgot to mention this. While I was at gamestop the other day I bought both a used and unused copy of UMvC3 (For PS3 and XBOX respectively). I haven't tried the PS3 version so I think I'll boot up today. My PSN ID is "FutanariLoli" and for those who missed it, my Gamertag is "LoliImpregnator".

Hope to catch you guys online later!  :)

I would battle ya but your PSN ID says its incorrect...maybe you should add me
PSN Name: DCLX23
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
« Reply #8362 on: June 01, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
Check out Ultiamte Fighting Game Tournament 8 UMvC3 finals

Watch Brightside, he's the guy with Spider-man on point. He's using an XBox 360 controller as well with a beam helper and otg helper. This is basically my second team except I use Deadpool instead of Wesker so I'm loving these matches! Brightside got second place, loosing to a spam Morrigan.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8363 on: June 01, 2012, 02:13:41 PM »
Spam Morrigan Won?!?! smgdh -_-
(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8364 on: June 01, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »
Yeah, I believe Max did a video on Morrigan recently

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #8365 on: June 01, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »
Check out Ultiamte Fighting Game Tournament 8 UMvC3 finals

Watch Brightside, he's the guy with Spider-man on point. He's using an XBox 360 controller as well with a beam helper and otg helper. This is basically my second team except I use Deadpool instead of Wesker so I'm loving these matches! Brightside got second place, loosing to a spam Morrigan.
So when does A keep away becomes spamming. I watch that video can that seem cheap as hell. its one thing to have one keep s way character but two! that being the first match with brightside ..... * continues to watch*
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:10:31 PM by Rage »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8366 on: June 01, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
I have no problem with the Morrigan game. I think it will help decrease those team trenchcoat guys.  I have always kept my team balanced to handle a multitude of situations. I usually have someone quick/agile, someone combo and someone big. So my main team has combo Capt, quick Chun Li and tank Hulk. The on my second team is built areound Spider-man where Spiderman and deadpool are both agile but Deadpool has an OTG to lengthen combos. Then I have the option of hulk as a tank or Dormammu as a zone.

On my main team Capt America can blow through the Morrigan projectiles with his charging star special (and hyper) while on my b-team Spider-Man can avoid the brunt of most of it. Horray for middle tier characters getting a chance to shine.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #8367 on: June 01, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »
I have no problem with the Morrigan game. I think it will help decrease those team trenchcoat guys.  I have always kept my team balanced to handle a multitude of situations. I usually have someone quick/agile, someone combo and someone big. So my main team has combo Capt, quick Chun Li and tank Hulk. The on my second team is built areound Spider-man where Spiderman and deadpool are both agile but Deadpool has an OTG to lengthen combos. Then I have the option of hulk as a tank or Dormammu as a zone.

On my main team Capt America can blow through the Morrigan projectiles with his charging star special (and hyper) while on my b-team Spider-Man can avoid the brunt of most of it. Horray for middle tier characters getting a chance to shine.
The morgan game play is cool, so is the joe but to combine them or a team of three. it takes skill to do yeah but its uber cheap in my book. also i just lost my own argument cause as i was typing this popped in my head. it take skill to break players that do this. tho if your playing online and everyone does this like team trench coat it kills the game. Forces to to play a certain way all the time never letting you enjoy the play you want cause you being forced to play one way if you want to play.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8368 on: June 01, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »
... I just pick characters I like.

I liked the Spidey comics, I pick Spidey. I like the Viewtiful Joe game, I pick Joe

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8369 on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:56 PM »
Cap, Hulk and Chun-Li?

Funny that my team is sorta like that....

Ryu, Nemesis, X-23...

sometimes I'd change Nemesis to Dormammu, but Im also working on Chris to change Ryu.

A friend of mine uses the trenchcoat team...and he thinks hes godlike with them...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8370 on: June 01, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
Cap, Hulk and Chun-Li?

Funny that my team is sorta like that....

Ryu, Nemesis, X-23...

sometimes I'd change Nemesis to Dormammu, but Im also working on Chris to change Ryu.

A friend of mine uses the trenchcoat team...and he thinks hes godlike with them...

That's funny, we are running very similar teams. Must be the programmer in us. Except Ryu will always win the footsie battle with Cap, he's got the edge on starting up the combos once on the ground. So for anyone listening, advance guard the SF chars pokes, punish X-Factor pokes.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8371 on: June 01, 2012, 04:20:56 PM »
So, how many people can shut down Morrigan's "keep away"? More importantly, how many can shut down Morrigan/Doom projectile fest?
I was reading other post from SRK and Eventhubs, people were saying counters from Wesker and Strange would stop morrigan end of story. Then others were saying those were under certain conditions. So if counters are not going to stop it? What is?
Reflector from Amaturasu would help or Maybe X-23's hyper? Anyone, someone? I can't deal with this. The only character I know that can get through and close to Morrigan is Phoenix, but she can't do enough damage to off Morrigan. But if Doom is there forget it. I got nothing to shut them down.

looking at this reminds me of the whole Vanilla Phoenix thing. Only a handful of characters were able to get to her fast enough to shutdown her stupid air spam game or freak her out enough to have her run tp the other side of the screen. Dormammu with Staking flare = a dead phoenix
What do you all think, the Morrigan/Doom projectile fest less or the same as Phoenix salty ball from vanilla?
Wait-a-sec, can't Morrigan do this in Vanilla too? Why didn't anyone take notice then? :|
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8372 on: June 01, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
So, how many people can shut down Morrigan's "keep away"? More importantly, how many can shut down Morrigan/Doom projectile fest?
I was reading other post from SRK and Eventhubs, people were saying counters from Wesker and Strange would stop morrigan end of story. Then others were saying those were under certain conditions. So if counters are not going to stop it? What is?
Reflector from Amaturasu would help or Maybe X-23's hyper? Anyone, someone? I can't deal with this. The only character I know that can get through and close to Morrigan is Phoenix, but she can't do enough damage to off Morrigan. But if Doom is there forget it. I got nothing to shut them down.

looking at this reminds me of the whole Vanilla Phoenix thing. Only a handful of characters were able to get to her fast enough to shutdown her stupid air spam game or freak her out enough to have her run tp the other side of the screen. Dormammu with Staking flare = a dead phoenix
What do you all think, the Morrigan/Doom projectile fest less or the same as Phoenix salty ball from vanilla?
Wait-a-sec, can't Morrigan do this in Vanilla too? Why didn't anyone take notice then? :|

First of all it's not easy to do which is why you don't see more people doing it. Just like how full Spider-man web throw combos are tricky, it takes a lot of work to get there.

So, who can combat this? Not a lot can do it very easily because you have a Morrigan on each side of you throwing projectiles. Amaturasu would get hit in the back while doing reflector, and most invincible start up hypers can't get close enough. Here are your options as far as I have thought it through:

1) Air mobility can keep you moving around the mess until the hyper runs out. Chun Li (triple jumps), on and off flight with Storm, etc... Spider-man is actually especially good and sneaking through the cracks as a Spider-man player gets more used to dealing with this tactic. Justin Wong was taken out by this but I bet you at EVO he'll have his storm mobility down even better but Wolverine and Akuma will still have issues. Raging Demon anyone?

2) Anti projectile hypers work. Dr. Strange's Seven Rings of Raggador, Capt America's Hyper Charging Star of the top of my head. Beam attacks like Dr. Doom come out too slow and Dromammu's Dark Hole and Purifications are too slow too I think. I think Hulk's Gamma Charge would probably work also.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8373 on: June 01, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

Obviously no one really used Morrigan in vanilla, take a look at the tournaments from the vanilla version and tell me if you see any Morrigans...I guess the main reason is because everyone wanted to use quick simple characters like Wesker. He's incredibly easy to use. Whoever found out about Morrigan's Soul Fist Flight Cancel Repeat ability...idk what to say
But there's one thing I'll admit, using Morrigan Soul Fist Flight Cancel Repeat is not easy at all. But because of that, it gives an insane reward by filling the entire screen with fireballs giving the player complete control of the field (it doubles if they use Doom Missile Assist)

I've only defeated one Morrigan user (who knew how to use the technique), but that was because I actually managed to get past all the Soul Fist nonsense. He didnt have Doom so thank god.
After that, I've lost to several Morrigan users so I just stopped playing ranked matches and went to normal lobby matches.

The only characters I can think of that might somewhat help with the morrigan issue are...
Super Skrull: Meteor Smash, Raging Inferno
Strider: Ouroboros, Legion
Dormammu: Dark Hole or Purification (unless Morrigan has Astral Vision), Teleport, Dark Spell Creation Lvl 3 (keep morrigan grounded, preventing her from using the Flight)
Storm: Ice Storm (before Morrigan uses Astral Vision)
Arthur: Goddess Bracelet (Arthur recovers rather quickly from this hyper...too bad nobody really uses him), For The Princess Lvl 3
Firebrand: Chaos Tide Lvl 3 (demon helper is immune to all attacks?)
Amaterasu: Reflector, Okami Shuffle
Phoenix Wright: Hiding directly adjacently with Maya? Dont know if this'll work
Phoenix: Healing Field + Teleport adjacent to Morrigan
Nemesis: Biohazard Rush (10 Hit Super Armor)
Vergil: Spiral Swords, Sword Storm
Trish: Round Harvest
Gouki: Messatsu Gou Hadou (mainly fireballs), Xfactor cancel to Shun Goku Satsu for a surprise attack

That's all I can think of but Im pretty sure its all useless if the Morrigan user has Doom...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:01:58 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8374 on: June 01, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
Thanks for the info, now to form a strategy.

o.O#
I Should have been looking at this from the start.
http://www.brokentier.com/blogs/news/6103626-viscants-umvc3-team-tier-list-part-3-of-3

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare