collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188482 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #8075 on: January 03, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
Hawkeye was probably supposed to be in there before Taskmaster but didn't get done in time for the vanilla release, especially since Taskmaster is a mix of Hawkeye with pieces from Spidey, Capt and others.

I tried Hawkeye but man i rather just kept Taskmaster. lol . he has those assortment of moves  from those characters that he actually uses very well. but some of those other characters ....you know i hate Rocket Raccoon with a passion more than anyone else in there. lol.  So they actually planned to have both in there? thats crazy. i woulda vouched for another Marvel character then . having 2 of the same type ( ok that treads a lil bit of x-23 and wolvy and i use both)  but i would have really wanted a more diverse lineup with everyone having total different skill sets.

by the way.. i hate your Spidey Acey! He blew up my disc! lol

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8076 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »
I tried Hawkeye but man i rather just kept Taskmaster. lol . he has those assortment of moves  from those characters that he actually uses very well. but some of those other characters ....you know i hate Rocket Raccoon with a passion more than anyone else in there. lol.  So they actually planned to have both in there? thats crazy. i woulda vouched for another Marvel character then . having 2 of the same type ( ok that treads a lil bit of x-23 and wolvy and i use both)  but i would have really wanted a more diverse lineup with everyone having total different skill sets.

by the way.. i hate your Spidey Acey! He blew up my disc! lol

Most people have just kept Taskmaster. Hawkeye is really good matched up with Capt though. You hit on the crux of the problem, finding a diverse cast while appeasing the fan boys too is difficult. That could be fixed by a roster of 100 or 200 though.

Offline MG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2012, 06:02:48 PM
« Reply #8077 on: January 03, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
Wow...! That sure was a soft comment. lol I'm not calling you guys dummies, as in actually being DUMB, I'm simply saying that when my 5 year old son can pick up the controller, and beat the entire game on normal difficulty, THAT'S A PROBLEM!! He can't hardly get past the first few fighters in any other vs game...!
That can be said for a lot of games now days they want more people to get into gaming so they make it easier for them even if in the long run it's not helping them improve much and (maybe)making the game less fun for those of us who know how top play and play games often.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:05:34 PM by Moon Girard »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8078 on: January 03, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »
100 to 200? mannnnn my 360 would implode! soon as i pop the disc in and the character select screen comes on...BOOOOM! smoke and fire! its already dang near there now!  :D

but that would be very interesting to have that kinda roster. we do have a good roster already put up ya know showin how an Ultimate version would really be so.  i say..port over all the cards to actual characters but as dlc and i get to pick who i want. and Jin Satome better be one ofm them! \-/o

until then...SHUMA GORATH to kill Wesker teleporting crazy self.  XD|| . i figured out the trick while playing my cousins and i was accused of cheating! /:O

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #8079 on: January 03, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »
Okay that's it, Im ending this...
(click to show/hide)
and just in case, Good Bye until all of this is over...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #8080 on: January 03, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
That can be said for a lot of games now days they want more people to get into gaming so they make it easier for them even if in the long run it's not helping them improve much.

And that's a stupid move on their part...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8081 on: January 03, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »
Wow. Leave for a few mins to work on an animation for a WIP and a flood of comments cometh.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8082 on: January 03, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
I'm simply saying that when my 5 year old son can pick up the controller, and beat the entire game on normal difficulty, THAT'S A PROBLEM!!

Actually, that is part of what I love about the game, your 5 year old can play it so he'll actually be motivated to play it more. At the same time, he can't (or shouldn't) be able to beat you as a seasoned game player.

It's like basketball. It's easy enough to pick up a ball and learn to put it through the hoop but there are still a variety of levels of game play. I can play ball, but not against someone who's college level or pro.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:44:47 PM by Acey »

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8083 on: January 03, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
And that's a stupid move on their part...

They did with gear 3 too appearently. Added weapons that were stupidly overpowered to get more players.

And Well, COD is an idiot's game in general. I mean come on, your winning, so you get a thing that allows you to WIN SOME more to the point where it's impossible to beat you? Stupidity.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8084 on: January 03, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
SO...is everyone gonna shut up now? All it takes is for one person to start a complete disaster (i was gonn go stinkmeanor here but i calmed down a bit). If your opinions dont get through to people, then that obviously means that they dont care. I already said why I bought the game. Did it matter to anyone? OF COURSE NOT!! It mattered to me, that's all.

I complained a lot about Wesker before, did that help? NOPE! Did it do anything? NOPE! We stll got the same broken Wesker.

Im gonna say this one more time, and you still keep complaining, then tough break...

DEAL WITH IT! NO ONE WILL CARE NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOUR OPINIONS OR FACTS ARE!

*walks out*
(click to show/hide)

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8085 on: January 03, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »
*Walks out*  :-?? lol Are we in a movie or something!!? He's narrating himself now?? Look... It's cool if you like the game, just don't be mad when Capcom screws you again by making you buy 12 more characters on a whole new retail disc... for 40 more dollars. Even you all have said there were things about the game that you all don't like. And all you can say is oh we dealt with it! That's LAME!! I know first hand that if gamers band together, and protest something hard enough, the companies WILL listen! And ultimately, the gamer WILL win! We are the consumers! We pay their bills! So if we don't support something we don't like, then they'll have to get the message! But if you just set back and just "Deal with it" as you say, then we're all in trouble... Stand up for what you want! Or continue to get half a$$ed games like this one. There's no reason why those cards can't be playable characters. There's also no reason why there can't be mode selections! How hard can it be to put in an MVC 1, and 2 mode? Bottom line is Capcom's lazy as hell, but the fault goes to the people who keep supporting them. You're basically saying it's ok to screw us as fans...

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #8086 on: January 03, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
Um...you did call everyone stupid for liking this game.Smh at you for thinking that your stating facts. The whole reason your arguing in the first place is because you said its your OPINION. Your so busy trying to argue down everyone that you don't even know what your talking about. You can't even accept that people like this game, so how are people going to accept(or even care) what your saying. This isn't even about me because I really don't like or have a problem with the game, I'm only responding to these rants you keep having.Lol dude your talking about standing up and protesting a video game and banning together to fight capcom. Lol dude its not that serious at all. Get over it..its a game.

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8087 on: January 03, 2012, 06:27:34 PM »
We're done, the past is past. No more pointing fingers (BlackOps) and no more name calling.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8088 on: January 03, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »
Um...you did call everyone stupid for liking this game.Smh at you for thinking that your stating facts. The whole reason your arguing in the first place is because you said its your OPINION. Your so busy trying to argue down everyone that you don't even know what your talking about. You can't even accept that people like this game, so how are people going to accept(or even care) what your saying. This isn't even about me because I really don't like or have a problem with the game, I'm only responding to these rants you keep having.Lol dude your talking about standing up and protesting a video game and banning together to fight capcom. Lol dude its not that serious at all. Get over it..its a game.

I don't care if you like it! And yeah I did say that!! And I still feel that way! But not in the sense of you actually being brainless... But apparently I'm not allow to name call... Everything I stated about this game is TRUE! Nobody has proven me wrong... And hell yeah I'mma stand up and say something! if it were just a few things here and there, I probably would just deal with it. But man! I could go down the line and just point things out over, and over, and over! That's ridiculous!! I still say screw Crapcom ALL DAY!! No one should even have to say anything to those idiots...

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8089 on: January 03, 2012, 07:35:02 PM »
Screw Capcom All Day? Okay good, you said it, now are you finally done with this so that maybe mods can do a bit of cleaning on this whole filibuster-like rant?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8090 on: January 03, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
Screw Capcom All Day? Okay good, you said it, now are you finally done with this so that maybe mods can do a bit of cleaning on this whole filibuster-like rant?

Yo why you gotta be a smart a$$...?! You still haven't proven me wrong on anything! And why are you eager to clean the topic!!? Don't want anyone to see the truth huh? It wasn't a rant until you guys started complaining about things I pointed out. And even still, the truth is the truth! DEAL WITH IT...

Just change the subject, and this can all end... But don't erase anything because we should all have freedom of speech...  :)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8091 on: January 03, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »
Yo why you gotta be a smart a$$...?! You still haven't proven me wrong on anything! And why are you eager to clean the topic!!? Don't want anyone to see the truth huh?
No he wants it cleaned and stopped so that you would stop being a persistent drag

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8092 on: January 03, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
No he wants it cleaned and stopped so that you would stop being a persistent drag

What the hell are you talking about? He's the one that came back at me!! Recognize that homie!
 -__- seriously...

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8093 on: January 03, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »
I am dealing with, Im dealing with someone who keeps complaining non-stop. I already said if the game sucks, why do you even bother? I didn't say it sucks, and I didn't say it was good. Don't bring up anything ridiculous that no one will care about and don't do or say anything that you might regret.

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOURE FACTS/OPINIONS. WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO SAY IS, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE THINKS. CAPCOM IS STLL GONNA MILK DEM COWS ANYWAY. (sorry Lando, i know that's copyrighted but its kinda fun to say lol)

EDIT: Was I being offensive? I maybe think so, and I'm sorry, and yet it had to come down to 1 solution just to prevent any more flooding of unnecessary facts/opinions that wont change anything. Now then...have a nice day...whether you like it or not........
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:49:18 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8094 on: January 03, 2012, 08:15:24 PM »
hey thats right, long as i get paid!  we talkin pay pal here... and yes i do take pay pal. lol.  I lent it out to GPR for the mean time. no surcharge...yet. >:D :D

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #8095 on: January 03, 2012, 08:51:29 PM »
Skeletor, the fact that what you're stating are all opinions means you have absolutely nothing to prove wrong.

Nobody is "proving" you "wrong" because you have absolutely no context to be "right."

Everything here is a matter of opinion, which you and others have said over and over and over again.
The only thing we can try to prove to you is that your opinion isn't fact. Which we can do by telling you that yes, we enjoy the game. However, you're too stubborn and ignorant to realize that.

Perhaps you were "right" when you said that MvC3 is the weakest link in the MvC line. However, that is itself just an opinion.

In fact, the only thing "right" you've talked about in this entire thread were the sales figures. That is the single objective fact that you have ever brought up. Everything else that has spewed from your mouth has been just as subjective as everyone who claims to like the game.

Accept that there are actually people here who enjoy the game, don't want to be called retards for liking the game, and would prefer that if you did not like the game, you go bee-otch to other people who do not like the game instead of pissing all over everybody else.

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #8096 on: January 03, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
Skeletor, the fact that what you're stating are all opinions means you have absolutely nothing to prove wrong.

Nobody is "proving" you "wrong" because you have absolutely no context to be "right."

Everything here is a matter of opinion, which you and others have said over and over and over again.
The only thing we can try to prove to you is that your opinion isn't fact. Which we can do by telling you that yes, we enjoy the game. However, you're too stubborn and ignorant to realize that.

Perhaps you were "right" when you said that MvC3 is the weakest link in the MvC line. However, that is itself just an opinion.

In fact, the only thing "right" you've talked about in this entire thread were the sales figures. That is the single objective fact that you have ever brought up. Everything else that has spewed from your mouth has been just as subjective as everyone who claims to like the game.

Accept that there are actually people here who enjoy the game, don't want to be called retards for liking the game, and would prefer that if you did not like the game, you go bee-otch to other people who do not like the game instead of pissing all over everybody else.

Okay its DONE, lets drop it.... Leave Skeletor alone. Its over and he cant say anything back, its not fair for him to get muted when you guys keep coming back in here baiting him when you just said you wanted him to stop complaining so why keep doin it? If you really want it to stop you could have stop responding....

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #8097 on: January 03, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »
> Didn't notice he was muted <

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8098 on: January 03, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
Okay its DONE, lets drop it.... Leave Skeletor alone. Its over and he cant say anything back, its not fair for him to get muted when you guys keep coming back in here baiting him when you just said you wanted him to stop complaining so why keep doin it? If you really want it to stop you could have stop responding....

Very well...
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8099 on: January 04, 2012, 06:01:35 AM »

OK, I'm back...  ;D

...and the first thing I have to say is that I have fought many nights in lobbies with the guy who made this video, IceColdCombo. I've fought him over 50 times, and I am sad to say that even though he makes good combo videos, he can't do those combos during gameplay. He is good, but he is not as great as he could be if he did the combos in those videos. Plus, we were even in win/losses every time we played, which goes to show that not everyone that makes great combo videos is a great player...  :-??

Now the guy from the videos I posted below does those and better combos during gameplay...  :|

this week has shown me that getting to lord status only means you are going to have 80% spam matches, its crazy.

I was just telling Acey on PM today that I took a break from MvC3 since I had a bad rage night about a week ago playing ranked matches and decided to put it away for a bit. I got close to becoming a 5th Lord and then I met a ton of cheap spammers in one night, along with some incredibly talented great players. I only won like 10 matches out of like 50 or more and was demoted to 6th Ranger. Anyway, I didn't mind the great players, since those were great fights, but the spammers were enough for me to almost break my controller, especially since they would brag and taunt, or tbag thinking they were good after their cheap win...  \-/o

Anyway, I'll be back soon enough...  :thumbsup:

PS. Below are some videos of one of the great players I met. His name is Merc yer Eel. He was already a 2nd Lord when I fought him that night. These guys recorded their matches against him, but I had a really bad argument with him since he would tbag and send stupid bragging messages every time he won, like in the first video, which I thought was unnecessary and disrespectful. He was just a troll full of himself telling me that he was one of the greatest players that ever lived and a shoryuken great, and how many tournament players he had beaten, including Masta CJ...  (:| ...I then told him that he wasn't good enough because I gave him great fights in every match we had... lol ...I beat him once out of ten...  :D ...and almost beat him in several others. He was using Dante as point, like in the first video and calling Sentinel Force the whole time. Although I don't consider that spamming, since it's an assist, but it is pretty hard to defend against when you got someone that knows how to kill you with one combo. He would also do that Sentinel/Dante mixup every time a new character would come in, which is pretty hard to block...  ~X(

Believe it or not, his Sentinel was the easiest to beat...  :|

PSS. He is known as ProzacStylings in YouTube...AND YES, he did that Frank West combo in the third video he made below many times during our matches, and even longer ones. I had to make sure I did not drop a single combo, or had to run away because he would kill any one of my characters every time he was able to hit me. Almost all of his combos were 100% and he did not drop them...  @-)

PSSS. I'm really glad the whole debate is over. Although I can agree with both sides in many of the points, I did have to read through all of that to get up to speed and it wasn't fun at all...  8=|

...so I won't even bother sharing my opinion...  :-"

(click to show/hide)

PSSSS. Just watch the first match of both videos and you will see how good this guy was in Vanilla and how good he is in Ultimate. Remember, he is using the team on the right in both videos. He is not the guy shown in the box below or the one talking. Those guys just recorded matches against him. Anyway, I'm actually proud of how good I did against him even if I loss 9 out of 10...  :P

Merc Trolling Honzo on Weskernator Stream
      - YouTube

MvC3 RageQuitMoar vs Merc yer Eel 10 games
      - YouTube

Frank Solo L5 1m+
      - YouTube

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:28:34 AM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare