collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188303 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #8050 on: January 03, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
I really don't understand how you could just go from 6 to 3.
You're wrong my friend. We went from six to FOUR, and THEN to three  [-X

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #8051 on: January 03, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »
I would if I did. That's another thing I don't understand the hate for

"How DARE they make this game accessible for new players. Everyone knows the only people who should play video games are HARDCORE gamers! Try to get your granny to even touch a gamepad and you'll be sniped on sight!"

So you are syaing 4 or 6 buttons would be to complicated for new players? Have new players become dumber/more stupid through the years? Or are we just dumbing down everything?

also, Why you playing fighting games with your Grandma. LMAO

Post Merge: [time]Tue Jan  3 14:58:09 2012[/time]
You're wrong my friend. We went from six to FOUR, and THEN to three  [-X

Maybe on MvC4, they could make it 2 buttons, and you will really be happy.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:14:33 PM by ID.finite »

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8052 on: January 03, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »
So you are syaing 4 or 6 buttons would be to complicated for new players? Have new players become dumber/more stupid through the years? Or are we just dumbing down everything?

also, Why you playing fighting games with your Grandma. LMAO
Sorry, for some reason I was thinking of most Wii games back there lol.

Also I meant the IDEA of making games easier for newcomers. Not say every execution of this is sound

Maybe on MvC5, they could make it 2 buttons and you will really be happy.
You forgot MvC4. Also I was just saying he forgot the -2 buttons in MvC2

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #8053 on: January 03, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »
I never understood the hate for the 3 buttons. Yes I prefer 4-6 buttons but I don't hate the 3 button layout.
And if you absolutely hate this game and find it to be a disgusting abomination (hey, another interesting character), that's on YOU too. Don't hate on people who're enjoying this game

I ain't hatin on nobody for liking it. I'm saying...! I think the game is for dummies... It's cheap as hell, and the fact that anybody can play it makes it unappealing. Fighting games are supposed to be complex! Imagine if they dumbed down Tekken...! Would that be a cool thing to do for new players? Hell naw! You need to get your a$$ beat just like we all did, so you'll improve, and be more strategic!

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #8054 on: January 03, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »
Why you playing fighting games with your Grandma. LMAO

Hahahaha Maybe cus that's all there is to play with cus just as there are alot that acutally play this game, I found out there are even more that DON'T!!!! hahaha

This has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outta hand hahaaa!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8055 on: January 03, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »
Skeletor and ID.finite, you guys are making it personal. Take it down a notch.

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Energy Doesn't Die
« Reply #8056 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:04 PM »
Sorry, for some reason I was thinking of most Wii games back there lol.

Also I meant the IDEA of making games easier for newcomers. Not say every execution of this is sound
You forgot MvC4. Also I was just saying he forgot the -2 buttons in MvC2

By that same logic let's have MvC4 a 1 button game, that should be easier for more newcomers.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8057 on: January 03, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
Acey... Check this out right here homie... No matter how you look at it, THIS GAME SUCKS!! But if YOU love it, that's on you... Bottom line is, The roster I put together will KILL your precious UMVC3... It's the truth! Deal with that...

Pretty sure that's just however YOU look at it.

See, you say it's an opinion... but opinions don't imply that yours is the only one that's right.

The bottomline is, you are the one that can't get over how much this game "sucks". And are trying to force your opinions on everyone, and seriously, it's just outright silly. Your not changing anyone's opinions on this game. All your doing is making you look like a whiner who can't deal with it.

I really don't understand how you could just go from 6 to 3. You loose all kinds of creative control, and have to constantly do the same damn combo all over again every time you press that wack a$$ launch button, to hit someone in the air! That ain't cool by NO means!

Did you ever PLAY mvc? hell, even infinite's characters, all you do it the same combo. half the buttons in mvc1 are useless. Like I play as Captain commando and I can seriously tell you, his punches are worthless. You know why? Cause they don't lead in to his launcher that allowes you to do an air combo that does more damage.

I'm not defending the 4 button layout, but seriously, in mvc you don't "have creative control" unless your mashing.

« Reply #8058 on: January 03, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »

I think its fair to say that they if they are taking it personal, then everyone else is too. So they too need to tone it down a notch as well..... What started out as an opinion has started alot of "MVC 3 BEEF"

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8059 on: January 03, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »

C'mon Acey! lol These guys are the only ones butt hurt over all the completely VALID FACTS that I've pointed out in this thread! lol Go back and read everything I wrote. Nothing I said is offensive, just true...

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Energy Doesn't Die
« Reply #8060 on: January 03, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »

I'm not making it personal, I tried to stay out of this. But I see many arguments here that don't add up and make no since . You can love it or hate it, I am not a fan seeing as I purchased MvC3, MvC, and MvC2, I have an opinion on them. I'm just stating my opinion. No one has to agree with me on this.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8061 on: January 03, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
C'mon Acey! lol These guys are the only ones butt hurt over all the completely VALID FACTS that I've pointed out in this thread! lol Go back and read everything I wrote. Nothing I said is offensive, just true...

LOL sorry, that's hysterical. that's too damn funny. It's like you have no idea what you've even typed.

when your butt hurt, you complain, the only person complaining here is you.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8062 on: January 03, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »

I'm not defending the 4 button layout, but seriously, in mvc you don't "have creative control" unless your mashing.
[/quote]

That's a damn lie...  :D

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8063 on: January 03, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »

Race is unintentionally instigating trouble (saying some one is mad only makes them mad) but you're right, this talk is out of hand.

Glezzy is putting works into peoples mouths with the 1 button logic.

Skeletor for saying "I think the game is for dummies".

Whiplash, don't start calling others butthurt, that will just mess it all up again.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8064 on: January 03, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »

That's a damn lie...  :D

I'll be serious. My favorite game in the versus series in marvel super heroes vs. Street fighter. I love the 6 button layout. And I'm not too fond of the 4/3 button layout, but's it's not the worst thing in the world. it's better then mvc2's where they gave you moves you couldn't even access without hitting your opponent. You know shuma's best way to get in in MSHvsSF? his medium kick. Guess what you can't do in MVC2..

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8065 on: January 03, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »
LOL sorry, that's hysterical. that's too damn funny. It's like you have no idea what you've even typed.

Incorrect!! I've been pointing out FACTS!! about this trash heap since yesterday! and YOU all started complaining  about what I was writing because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #8066 on: January 03, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
guys comparing mvc2 and 3 can go on forever  :-@ but you have to realize both games are broken. mvc2 has infinites and this game has xfactor and wesker lol infinites didn't keep people from playing marvel 2, why..because it was fun to play(i still play it). marvel 3 is fun for me playing with friends but ranked match is another story like i said in a previous post. the game can do without modok, phoenix wright, rocket raccoon, and hawkeye(we have taksmaster) but they're there and theres nothing i could do about it besides not pick them. its marvel 3 and not 2, i think manolo said it best when he said you have to stop playing it like its 2 and use the new mechanics of 3. i like marvel 3 but i don't love it, id be crazy to say it couldnt be better, but then again it isn't that bad. gameplay aside i doubt people would complain as much if it had their favorite characters in it  :-??

« Reply #8067 on: January 03, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »

Dude I didnt complain about crap... You just mad cus everybody aint cheering your precious game on like you. And now your callin people names sayin people are butt hurt doesnt do anything but starts somethin up. I got a right to speak my mind and I wasnt the one making walls of texts and arguing over a freggin game that I own myself. I do have some disagreements about the game, but i dont hate it. And I got a right to say what i dont like and what i dont like. But i wasnt in here bringing that up, I was merely sayin that Skeletor does have valid points in what he is saying. So I mean whatever dude, say what you want but at the end of the day not everybody but alot of you are mad cus he said negative stuff about a game you love, but of course you are gonna respond cus u have a right to, and also cus u are a fan of the MVC series, but kno that this is not out of hate, Skelo is a fan as well, and there are alot of issues with the game that he didn't agree with because of how the previous titles were....

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #8068 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
Dude I didnt complain about crap... You just mad cus everybody aint cheering your precious game on like you. And now your callin people names sayin people are butt hurt doesnt do anything but starts somethin up. I got a right to speak my mind and I wasnt the one making walls of texts and arguing over a freggin game that I own myself. I do have some disagreements about the game, but i dont hate it. And I got a right to say what i dont like and what i dont like. But i wasnt in here bringing that up, I was merely sayin that Skeletor does have valid points in what he is saying. So I mean whatever dude, say what you want but at the end of the day alot of you are mad cus he said negative stuff about a game you love, but of course you are gonna respond cus u have a right to, and also cus u are a fan of the MVC series, but kno that this is not out of hate, Skelo is a fan as well

Race.

You're right. I NEVER even thought of that. Skeletor is upset because this game did not meet up to his expectations. (And TBH, mine either) This isn't even my favorite game in the series. I understand that he wishes the game could've been better, but he acts really upset that it has small characters and phoenix wright. I get why you're upset cause I was upset when I learned Princess peach was in Super smash brother melee, and ROB was in brawl. (even worse is that both are top tier.) But you gotta just deal with stuff like this, life goes on and if you're upset you can complain, but I just don't see what he gains out of it.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8069 on: January 03, 2012, 04:22:09 PM »
like i said in a previous post. the game can do without modok, phoenix wright, rocket raccoon, and hawkeye(we have taksmaster)

AMEN! ^:)^  that is the truth. i didnt even know who the raccoon was and when i read about him i was like HUH? lol. Hawkeye is really aint needed cause Taskmaster is there( even my brother who dont do fighting games said same thing- rpg fanatic...trust me. lol ). I think those 4 you listed could have been replaced by some of those others in the cards. I played as the Raccoon.....to be honest...i rather play as PW then the Raccoon and i hate PW in this game. I want those characters in the cards man.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8070 on: January 03, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »
AMEN! ^:)^  that is the truth. i didnt even know who the raccoon was and when i read about him i was like HUH? lol. Hawkeye is really aint needed cause Taskmaster is there( even my brother who dont do fighting games said same thing- rpg fanatic...trust me. lol ). I think those 4 you listed could have been replaced by some of those others in the cards. I played as the Raccoon.....to be honest...i rather play as PW then the Raccoon and i hate PW in this game. I want those characters in the cards man.

Hawkeye was probably supposed to be in there before Taskmaster but didn't get done in time for the vanilla release, especially since Taskmaster is a mix of Hawkeye with pieces from Spidey, Capt and others.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #8071 on: January 03, 2012, 04:28:04 PM »
Incorrect!! I've been pointing out FACTS!! about this trash heap since yesterday! and YOU all started complaining  about what I was writing because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Actually, I can't handle that you treat MvC3 players like they're inferior as humans. I'd like to believe you're perfectly capable of stating facts without insulting people. IE: "everyone who likes MvC3 is dummies"

If you want to actually have a debate, that's fine. Don't start insulting the people on the opposite side of the fence. That's very petty.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #8072 on: January 03, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #8073 on: January 03, 2012, 04:35:31 PM »

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #8074 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »
Actually, I can't handle that you treat MvC3 players like they're inferior as humans. I'd like to believe you're perfectly capable of stating facts without insulting people. IE: "everyone who likes MvC3 is dummies"

If you want to actually have a debate, that's fine. Don't start insulting the people on the opposite side of the fence. That's very petty.

Wow...! That sure was a soft comment. lol I'm not calling you guys dummies, as in actually being DUMB, I'm simply saying that when my 5 year old son can pick up the controller, and beat the entire game on normal difficulty, THAT'S A PROBLEM!! He can't hardly get past the first few fighters in any other vs game...!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare