collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188280 times)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #7850 on: December 16, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
why you no join? i sent 2 invites..hmm maybe i shouldn't be in such a hurry to get my butt kicked

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7851 on: December 17, 2011, 03:51:32 AM »

Very good games Swiziga and a good team you got there. Your Wesker has improved a lot...  :thumbsup:

Anyway, you gave me a lot to think about...  :)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7852 on: December 17, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »
thanks ;D that new team you use is scary :-SS the combos aren't as flashy but DAT DAMAGE! :o

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7853 on: December 17, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
I'll be on mahvel 2.75 later if anyone wanna play
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #7854 on: December 17, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »
I'll be on mahvel 2.75 later if anyone wanna play

I would, but I'm out of the house until late tonight... :-??

@ Swiziga - lol ...Yeah, the damage is way up there and although two are very slow, they all have over a million in life so they can take punishment... lol ... What did you think about my Ghost Rider, Hulk and Sentinel team...??  ;D

Most people can't handle it, but you did pretty good against it...  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:23:02 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7855 on: December 17, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »
okay i just had some insane matches with Swiziga
(click to show/hide)

Turns out that Nemsis Lvl 3 is the hardest to pull off in the game...besides Chris's of course...
Lets take a look at what Nemesis has for his Level 3...
1. No invincibility, both on start up AND during the level 3 when attempting to grab...
2. Its a grab...so therefore any opponents in BLOCK STUN will miss...
3. It can be beaten by LIGHT attacks...yes...Swiziga proved that just a little while ago -_-
Though its hard to do that, its best done during start up...plus NO SUPER ARMOR so Nemesis is in huge danger if he mistimes his level 3...
4. Cannot hit air borne enemies...makes sense...i guess...
5. Can easily be beaten by other supers, especially those with long invincibility (Bionic Arm, Weapon X Prime, Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku, Hoyokusen, etc.)
6. Does not have a long reach
7. Cannot hit enemies that are behind him...

The good things...
1. Unblockable Grab (obviously)
2. Can instantly be X-Factored out of incase it misses (at the cost of lvl 3 meter...wow...)

I think I can say that Nemesis's Level 3 is indeed the hardest Level 3 to pull off...takes real skill to do so...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7856 on: December 17, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »

I would, but I'm out of the house until late tonight... :-??

@ Swiziga - lol ...Yeah, the damage is way up there and although two are very slow, they all have over a million in life so they can take punishment... lol ... What did you think about my Ghost Rider, Hulk and Sentinel team...??  ;D

Most people can't handle it, but you did pretty good against it...  :thumbsup:

ghost rider, sentinel, and hulk team was tough even my teleports were punished because of hulk's gamma wave so i had to stop lol ghost rider is the toughest for me to deal with i still remember the air xfactor fakeout you did :'( and is there anyway to avoid that combination of wesker lowshot and ghost rider air chain? that thing got me every time
had a match with dcl and my vergil got ko'd by ryu shoryuken juggle just like how pwople did launcher loop ko's to assist in marvel 2 :(

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7857 on: December 17, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »
had a match with dcl and my vergil got ko'd by ryu shoryuken juggle just like how pwople did launcher loop ko's to assist in marvel 2 :(

I cant believe I did it though, let me tell ya it was HARD since I wasnt really sure which way I was facing...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7858 on: December 17, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »
i cant lie seeing that happen made me salty :D this would be you if you saw me  :O*D

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7859 on: December 17, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
i cant lie seeing that happen made me salty :D this would be you if you saw me  :O*D

Lol i can imagine your reaction when i did that, also im testing it out to, and it seems it doesnt work as it used to in mvc2. When you attempt to loop the launcher on the assist character, it ends up only looping 3 times, after that you'll miss and the assist character will recover...seems...balanced...

Also, Im havin second thoughts about using Ryu's Hadou Kakusei (aka BUFF super)...turns out...it starts gradually reducing his HP...man that sucks...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7860 on: December 17, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
reduces hp? but isnt it the same as devil trigger? i thought that mode just helped boost his other hyper combos so idk why they made it take health away :-??

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7861 on: December 17, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »
reduces hp? but isnt it the same as devil trigger? i thought that mode just helped boost his other hyper combos so idk why they made it take health away :-??

Its BS man...
The Devil Triggers give:
1. HP Recovery
2. Power boost on ALL attacks
3. Speed Boost

Ryu's Hadou kakusei Gives:
1. Life Drain
2. Power Boost on SUPERS only
3. Speed Boost

Seriously...Ryu may have gotten major buffs but the "BUFF" super didnt turn into another Devil Trigger...
The benefits of Ryu's BUFF super mainly have him turn into Akuma for a short while...the reason I say that is because he can do a corner loop with his Tatsumaki...
Also, combining his BUFF Super with X-Factor stops the life drain, and it also still recovers health during X-Factor...thats nice I guess...
(click to show/hide)

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #7862 on: December 17, 2011, 09:29:53 PM »
Its BS man...
The Devil Triggers give:
1. HP Recovery
2. Power boost on ALL attacks
3. Speed Boost

Ryu's Hadou kakusei Gives:
1. Life Drain
2. Power Boost on SUPERS only
3. Speed Boost

Seriously...Ryu may have gotten major buffs but the "BUFF" super didnt turn into another Devil Trigger...
The benefits of Ryu's BUFF super mainly have him turn into Akuma for a short while...the reason I say that is because he can do a corner loop with his Tatsumaki...
Also, combining his BUFF Super with X-Factor stops the life drain, and it also still recovers health during X-Factor...thats nice I guess...
I mainly use Hadou Kakusei when I get someone who likes playing range games. Hado Kakusei Sinku Tatsumaki is a vacuum and sucks em right in for me to do damage.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #7863 on: December 17, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
okay i just had some insane matches with Swiziga
(click to show/hide)

Turns out that Nemsis Lvl 3 is the hardest to pull off in the game...besides Chris's of course...
Lets take a look at what Nemesis has for his Level 3...
1. No invincibility, both on start up AND during the level 3 when attempting to grab...
2. Its a grab...so therefore any opponents in BLOCK STUN will miss...
3. It can be beaten by LIGHT attacks...yes...Swiziga proved that just a little while ago -_-
Though its hard to do that, its best done during start up...plus NO SUPER ARMOR so Nemesis is in huge danger if he mistimes his level 3...
4. Cannot hit air borne enemies...makes sense...i guess...
5. Can easily be beaten by other supers, especially those with long invincibility (Bionic Arm, Weapon X Prime, Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku, Hoyokusen, etc.)
6. Does not have a long reach
7. Cannot hit enemies that are behind him...

The good things...
1. Unblockable Grab (obviously)
2. Can instantly be X-Factored out of incase it misses (at the cost of lvl 3 meter...wow...)

I think I can say that Nemesis's Level 3 is indeed the hardest Level 3 to pull off...takes real skill to do so...

Within the context of Nemesis's toolset (long range buttons with massive frame advantage that lead to death) His level 3 is great im also pretty sure its also 1 frame  so its fast the range is great ive done it from about max distance of magnetos slide.

Your whole list of cons looks pretty silly. You basically want the throw to be a full screen, instant, tracking invincible, raging demon. Getting a 1 frame throw beaten by a attack means you were doing it meaty into someone elses attack. Thats a players error and shows a clear misunderstanding of how to use command throws.

as for ryus power up hyper i thought it was kinda silly to begin with. He was already a meter hog now the only character i think thats better at eating up meter is vergil. I can blow through 3 or four bars with that guy like its nothing.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7864 on: December 17, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »
Within the context of Nemesis's toolset (long range buttons with massive frame advantage that lead to death) His level 3 is great im also pretty sure its also 1 frame  so its fast the range is great ive done it from about max distance of magnetos slide.

Your whole list of cons looks pretty silly. You basically want the throw to be a full screen, instant, tracking invincible, raging demon. Getting a 1 frame throw beaten by a attack means you were doing it meaty into someone elses attack. Thats a players error and shows a clear misunderstanding of how to use command throws.

as for ryus power up hyper i thought it was kinda silly to begin with. He was already a meter hog now the only character i think thats better at eating up meter is vergil. I can blow through 3 or four bars with that guy like its nothing.

I never said I wanted his Lvl 3 to be better...
If you meant by a one frame right after the start up, youre wrong, its actually 2 or 3 frames after start up for Nemesis to bring out the tentacles.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:09:36 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #7865 on: December 18, 2011, 05:28:24 PM »
I never said I wanted his Lvl 3 to be better...
If you meant by a one frame right after the start up, youre wrong, its actually 2 or 3 frames after start up for Nemesis to bring out the tentacles.

Well your right about me being wrong

lvl3= 450,000 Unscaled.15+0f startp, 2f active, 58f recovery.

its 0 frames
(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7866 on: December 18, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »
Well your right about me being wrong

lvl3= 450,000 Unscaled.15+0f startp, 2f active, 58f recovery.

its 0 frames

Really?...Let me guess...you got that straight out of the strategy guide didnt you?
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7867 on: December 18, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »

...and is there anyway to avoid that combination of wesker lowshot and ghost rider air chain? that thing got me every time

You have to block the first one that hits and then the second one, meaning high or low, which is very difficult, and if they both hit at the same time, you have to block low. It's nearly unblockable...  ;D

EDIT:

PS. Every human opponent always falls for it and gets hit. The computer AI never does. That's how I know...  :-??

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 06:51:41 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7868 on: December 18, 2011, 06:47:24 PM »
Blocking an Overhead and a Low on ground is extremely difficult...in the air its a piece of cake...just jump...
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7869 on: December 18, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
Blocking an Overhead and a Low on ground is extremely difficult...in the air its a piece of cake...just jump...

Agreed...  :thumbsup:

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7871 on: December 19, 2011, 08:06:24 AM »

Funny that this week's episode talks about what we were talking about while we were playing: "RANDOM HYPERS"...   \-/o

I rarely do them, since I always save hypers and only use them at the end of combos, and others usually catch me by surprise when they do them, and sometimes even forcing me to X-Factor so I can block them and save my characters. I need to start using them more often and watch out for them... :P

Anyway, he also mentioned something that was happening to me while we were playing as well, which happens to me once in a while, and that is getting confused about which Wesker is mine when those two similar costumes are being used in a match. It's messed up and they should fix it...  8=|

EDIT:

Just got the patch with Heroes and Heralds. I was looking for Ranked Matches and my connection to XBL was forced shut. Then when I logged back in I was asked to download it...  ;D

It was just a 3 Mb download...  :P

They gave me the Bishamon, Servbot, Ryu and Nightcrawler cards to start. I will test it out and post what I think. I will also see if they made any changes to existing characters...  :thumbsup:

Post Merge: December 19, 2011, 08:04:40 AM

EDIT:

Well, I just played Heroes and Heralds all night. It's 8am in the morning and I'm getting ready to go to bed...  :D

After I downloaded it, I tried to play some more Ranked Matches but couldn't, since it gave me the message that I could not join since "My version of the game was not compatible". I guess that I could not play people that had not downloaded the patch. I tried joining lobbies and I couldn't either. It would give me the same message. I hope it's not a glitch...  /:O

Anyway, so I played H&H's offline Heroes campaign until I unlocked 3 bonus stages and I had taken over 40% of all the areas. The difficulty is extremely easy, which sucked. I had a near perfect in every match and actually had over 10 perfects, and I played until I reached 3 out of 5 stars of difficulty...  :-??

I understand that it gets gradually harder, but the lowest difficulties are not difficult at all. In fact, they were extremely easy...  :-w

Also, I already gathered 29.80% of ALL cards, although you can gain multiple cards of the same, since each card can only be used in one preset deck, unless you have multiple ones...  :|

My main deck is now the Silver Surfer (HC Gauge recovers automatically and Increases the speed of your assist's vitality recovery), Missile and Professor X cards. The later two give me the ability to get rare Capcom and Marvel cards, which is how I got the Silver Surfer card...  :thumbsup:

I also like Kenji's (Enables Blocking during Air Dash and Increases Dash Speed) and Cyclop's (Increases Attack Power and All Attacks cause Chip Damage) cards...  ;D

There are some other pretty cool abilities I saw as well. In one match the AI forced me to turn X-Factor on at the same time they did, having me with Level 1, while they were at Level 3. Also, I like the Multiple Man card, which allows you to choose 3 of your main character. Imagine 3 Ghost Riders in one team, or 3 Sentinels, or better yet...3 Weskers...  >:D

I even got the 'Double Shot' and 'Triple Strike' title, since I completed 3 rows at the same time in one Hit List...  :cool

Anyway, so far the offline is not much fun, since it is pretty easy, which makes the card's abilities unnecessary in the mode. I guess that things will be different once I reach a higher difficulty or when I am able to play the mode online...  :)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:16:13 AM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7872 on: December 19, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7873 on: December 19, 2011, 05:43:08 PM »

So they fixed a lot of bugs, but there are others now, meaning those two at the end...?? :-??

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7874 on: December 19, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »
Apparently only the floating Akuma in the very last clip is still there. The second to last portion with Strider walking around was fixed.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare