collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188792 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: Official Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread
« Reply #7750 on: December 08, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
lol, apparently not enough though.

lol i am even more surprised that you said that Acey. but you know who would have me crackin up if they said it...Manolo.  :D ( sorry i had to pick on you bro manolo...just this once)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7751 on: December 08, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
I don't appreciate Capcom as a company right now. For the past year I have been watching the job listings at Capcom for after I finish my graduate degree but their corporation seems less and less attractive to me all the time. Their business culture, their PR train wrecks... for everything good the game designers are doing it's a shame that the corporation is the ugly monster that it is.

For all the Gen Xers and Gen Yers here, remember when you were young and everyone was playing Street Fighter II? The sales records were off the charts and it seemed like everyone and their brother was playing Street Fighter II. We're 20 years later and while MK is up to 9 and KoF is on number 13 we're only on Street Fighter 4. Why? Because Capcom is the king of milking it. I believe Capcom got lucky when they developed Street Fighter II and they had no idea how big it would end up being. In the early 1990s it started a wave of fighting game madness. How many of those early fighting gamers still play video games as adults but not fighting games? From my experience as adults we're surrounded by those kinds of people. Why did Capcom lose them? I believe it was because most people didn't want to buy Street Fighter II Turbo and Super Street Fighter II since it was almost the same game anyways. During this period Capcom alienated a large group of fighting game players who they never got back. By the time Capcom was producing new console fighting games again they only released them on "powerful" systems like the Dreamcast, and we all know what happened to the Sega Dreamcast.

Now we complain about Capcom milking SFIV, MvC3 and cancelling all of their Mega Man games but when you look into it Capcom has a history of business decisions that seem really clever and creative (like re-releasing the same game over and over) from a business perspective but in fact they have changed the face of gaming away from their groundbreaking Street Fighter over to other companies who knew how much customer loyalty really meant to a franchise.

The executives at Capcom these days don't even play videos games, they're just worried about how comfortable their retirement will be. Inafune left Capcom because he had to deal with the horror of corporate Capcom from the inside and I think their corporate culture has hurt them in ways they can’t even fathom.

My next essay will be about how Microsoft is the king of good business, how easy it would be for Apple to get into the video market, how Sony is very close to being out the door and how Nintendo is in jeopardy of competition from the makers of Operating System but due to their own strong corporate culture and fan loyalty will be around forever.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #7752 on: December 08, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »
Acey, you should totally run your own gaming company. *nods*
I'd join, for sure! I have a million ideas coming to me every day. XD

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #7753 on: December 08, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
Acey, you have blog of any kind? It would be very interesting for me to read your opinion on subjects you mentioned there. Opening many threads for that or writing in one here is kinda not very suitable(or is it?), but you probably want to share your thoughts and there also would be people interested in hearing 'em.
Gaming company run by Acey? Hmmmm, that would be something very good if it could stand under titans' pressure. If he don't lose his attitude and would be able to find crew with same ideals, concepts of how gaming industry should work... Most pleasant gaming company for gamers, no?

Back on topic - that touch control looks like 1 button pwnage 8-} silly us, rambling about 3 was not enough...
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7754 on: December 08, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »
I found this too...

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/capcom-comments-on-why-there-is-no-pc-version-of-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3

Man, sometimes I just hate Capcom.
i think theyre keeping the game on ps3/360 because people can't pirate it as easily with pc. i remember when someone asked ono if sfxtekken was coming out on pc and he joked answering "so it could be pirated?" but it is getting a pc release just like ssf4 and ae. so it looks like its just how the mvc3 team does things.  i dont really like the whole buying the same game twice thing but i didnt mind with street fighter only because they waited a year and ae is an optional dlc thats only $15. and why are they making combos stupid easy for vita? they did the same thing for ssf4 3ds [-X

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #7755 on: December 08, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »
Next step would be:
(click to show/hide)
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7756 on: December 08, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »
anyone want to play?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #7757 on: December 08, 2011, 09:19:02 PM »
why are they making combos stupid easy for vita?

Here's an idea for that, instead of making preset simple combos, maybe they could install a "combo recorder" or a function that will record your entire combo/button input (kinda like the one used for training mode), then have it saved to that specific character...eh sounds stupid -_-

anyone want to play?

Gettin on PSN...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7758 on: December 08, 2011, 09:28:58 PM »
Here's an idea for that, instead of making preset simple combos, maybe they could install a "combo recorder" or a function that will record your entire combo/button input (kinda like the one used for training mode), then have it saved to that specific character...eh sounds stupid -_-

lol that idea is stupid enough to work. I bet if anyone here was working for capcom, they'd pitch the idea. Your idea actually would help players who didn't want to crack the screen by hitting it too much.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7759 on: December 08, 2011, 10:05:18 PM »

Actually on the SNES I had a controller that could memorize controls like that, only problem was that it didn't know which direction you were facing so you had to record two buttons for each move you wanted so it would work from each side.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7760 on: December 08, 2011, 11:39:34 PM »
okay...has anyone ever gotten a Draw in mvc3 (aka mahvel 2.5) or umvc3 (or as i like to call it now, mahvel 2.75)?
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #7761 on: December 09, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »
okay...has anyone ever gotten a Draw in mvc3 (aka mahvel 2.5) or umvc3 (or as i like to call it now, mahvel 2.75)?
Only once with Malik in Vanilla.

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #7762 on: December 09, 2011, 05:27:49 AM »
Golden Surfer.  ;D
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #7763 on: December 09, 2011, 07:19:32 AM »

lol, I heard manolo get a draw once while I was watching bouncing cards.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #7764 on: December 09, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
I get draws regularly versus my brother...

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline !

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 26, 2014, 03:36:01 PM
« Reply #7765 on: December 09, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »

more matches to come...i just want to show people how GSH would go about recording the matches.

edit* how do i post youtube vids?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:04:42 PM by DCL »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7766 on: December 09, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »
you can jsut post the youtube link in the thread, the forum will do the rest.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7767 on: December 09, 2011, 02:06:38 PM »
yesterday, i got a draw against Swiziga, both low on HP, 1 character left, X-Factor activated...

I believe we were both scared to do press buttons...then when we did...double KO...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #7768 on: December 09, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MgmdWXm5Y&feature=player_embedded#
http://biffotasty.blogspot.com/2011/12/exploring-combo-counter-glitch.html

Briankasugano found and documented this effect a while ago. His original video was made for Vanilla but the bug remains in Ultimate. So credit and props to him before we get started. It seems like no one else has really tested it out or looked into it since then and there's a bunch of stuff that isn't documented, so here we go...

Firstly, this is a game engine bug, not exclusive to Chun Li. Also, before we get super geek (and we will), I'm going to disagree with the terminology used in the original video. I wouldn't call this an infinite, nor would I agree that it resets damage and hit stun scaling. Simply put, it is not a combo in the true sense and is merely a 'combo counter' bug. It seems to happen when hit stun has reached a certain degree and the player performing the combo is a single frame late with the next attack. Under normal circumstances, the opponent escapes and the combo counter is reset. However, if, during this single frame, the opponent performs a normal, walks forward or does any of a number of other actions, the combo counter continues to increase, even though the opponent could have escaped, simply by blocking.

I'm willing to bet that this has actually happened in match videos we've all seen but no one noticed because no one really knew about it.

In the video a Nova loop is used that fails between the st.L to st.M. As far as I can tell, it is a single frame away from connecting. Sent does the following things during that 1 frame...

0:00- Nothing. The game acts normally and the combo counter accurately displays what is happening.

0:14- Sent mashes L/M/H. The game is confused and wrongly suggests that the combo is still going without continuing to increase hit stun deterioration or enforcing further damage scaling.

0:27- Sent mashes S. This appears to force crouching but in reality Nova is simply hitting Sent out of the initial frames of his st. S (this causes him to crouch)

0:36- Sent holds forward. Walking is apparently enough to keep the counter going.

0:48- ...performs an X-Factor and the game acts as it normally would.

0:56- ...performs a snap-back. Again, the game acts normally

1:06- ...mashes super. This causes a momentary super-freeze while the combo counter keeps on going.

1:17- ...mashes THC. Again, this causes a momentary super freeze as well as displaying 'Crossover Combination' while the combo appears to continue. In reality it has ended and a THC was performed on the reversal frame. This isn't enough to stop the counter however.

Post Merge: December 10, 2011, 03:09:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njn5oKPeWYQ&feature=player_embedded#
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 03:09:11 AM by Dead Phoenix »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #7769 on: December 10, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
max agrees with most of us about ultimate wesker so were not crazy :thumbsup:
online right now if anyone wants to play

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7770 on: December 10, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »
max agrees with most of us about ultimate wesker so were not crazy :thumbsup:
online right now if anyone wants to play

GOOD, see? Im not the only one who thought the glasses idea was ridiculous...
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7771 on: December 10, 2011, 10:48:04 PM »
Edit:

Again, I've been out for a few days and a few pages, so here are my up-to-date responses so I can catch up...  ;D

I liked this video. I've been doing counter crossovers since I got Ultimate because this time I've been reading the guide from day one, and oh what a difference it makes...  ^-^

They are very easy to do and have saved my characters from chip damage, without having to waste X-Factor and helped turn the tables many times. The video says that you have to do a motion, but it is easily done by pressing forward and the assist button while blocking an attack...  :thumbsup:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/06/guest-editorial-wesker-not-overpowered-by-renegade/

^^(PM)^

I completely agree with this... :thumbsup:

Although, I think the glasses buff was completely unnecessary. He is even hard to control because of the speed...  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Everything else is on point...  :-??

SIIICK Video...  :thumbsup:

...but because of this my friend Bozz has learned a few new combos, and is trying to learn the rest. This is NOT good, since he uses both of them along with Ghost Rider, which is already a tough team in itself...  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

lol i am even more surprised that you said that Acey. but you know who would have me crackin up if they said it...Manolo.  :D ( sorry i had to pick on you bro manolo...just this once)

(click to show/hide)

^^(PM)^

Lando, I don't like Capcom one bit either...  \-/o

...but I do respect the way they operate...  :|

They run their business efficiently and you can't blame them. Companies have come and gone over the years and Capcom is still strong. They are the kings of marketing, milking properties and exploiting the consumer. Once again...Supply and Demand... *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

That doesn't mean that I agree with them. I don't. I just understand why they do it, have already accepted it, and I love their games, so what can I do? Miss the great games they make…? :-??

I don’t think so… lol

Next step would be:
(click to show/hide)

lol...good point...I don't care much about the Vita, but I am glad they mentioned that online play can be filtered by non-Vita users to avoid those type of matches...  :thumbsup:

I got one draw in Vanilla, but have gotten two already in Ultimate. One was a Double KO between Bozz and I...both of our Nemesis hit each other at the same time...lol...and one was by Time Out. I have also gotten several perfects, two during Ranked Matches. This can all be confirmed by looking at my UMvC3 player card on XBox...  :thumbsup:

PS. I haven't played with anyone from here for a while. When are we going to start doing lobby nights again...??  :-??

PSS. I did play with Whiplash a few days ago. Whiplash if you read this, what did you think about my new team...??  ;D

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:42:33 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7772 on: December 10, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone else will agree with me on this but...I liked the TvC styled Break Aways because...well we wouldn't be doing this the whole time until someone messes it up...

(click to show/hide)

Post Merge: December 11, 2011, 04:12:57 PM
In a lobby...nuff said...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:12:57 PM by DCL »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #7773 on: December 11, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »
...mvc3 (aka mahvel 2.5) or umvc3 (or as i like to call it now, mahvel 2.75)?
Marvel 3 is more guilty gear than it is marvel 2 by that right you could at least call it gg beta ver. 96.
The wesker is not op article is :

1.something that shouldnt have made front page in the first place

2.was more than anything an insight into the depths of a single players complaints than a true highlight of the chracter

3.Did more to prove he was op than disprove he was. Read the article he just whines about how trash jaguar kick is -_- its a trash move noone used to begin with. Rhino charge got nerfed .... It was booty to begin with it started up in 5 frames and really was only used in dhc glitch and air to ground counter situations that standing s could handle with its ridiculous priority.

dont read articles like these basically its just public troll bait sponsored by the website that publishes it. SRK has always been hit or miss but the front page especially is to be avoided like the plauge its just a place for people to whie about games characters matchups etc. dont get sucked into that.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #7774 on: December 11, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »
Marvel 3 is more guilty gear than it is marvel 2 by that right you could at least call it gg beta ver. 96.
The wesker is not op article is :

1.something that shouldnt have made front page in the first place

2.was more than anything an insight into the depths of a single players complaints than a true highlight of the chracter

3.Did more to prove he was op than disprove he was. Read the article he just whines about how trash jaguar kick is -_- its a trash move noone used to begin with. Rhino charge got nerfed .... It was booty to begin with it started up in 5 frames and really was only used in dhc glitch and air to ground counter situations that standing s could handle with its ridiculous priority.

dont read articles like these basically its just public troll bait sponsored by the website that publishes it. SRK has always been hit or miss but the front page especially is to be avoided like the plauge its just a place for people to whie about games characters matchups etc. dont get sucked into that.

I have no words...this explains everything... =D>
if you agree to wesker not being overpowered, then most likely that makes you a wesker user...
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare