collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188600 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #6050 on: September 25, 2011, 10:17:21 PM »
 :DxDie :D :DxDie

I think you will need that book next time you fight GLux. He has gotten a lot better... lol

PS. I was a 4th Lord, but got demoted to 4th Ranger. Now I'm on my way to getting my 4th Lord status back... ;D

LMAO
I googled "how to beat wesker mvc3" (no quotes)
and manolo's video was first on the web search. :D

:DxDie :D :DxDie
i plan on getting a vita when 320 bucks is givin to me by aliens from planet ...WUT!

lol lol lol

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #6051 on: September 25, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
i keep the book strapped to my chest .  :| lol. if he got any better than i might of caught him on a total eclipse at that moment. yay for me but kinda ehhhh cause i needed a clean win and not a fluke of nature...or natural disasters cause right after that win and before i played Acey...i got jacked up rings on my disk and it kept booting me off. now it will only play for one round in offline and then error and booted.  :'( :'( \-/o

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #6052 on: September 25, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
i keep the book strapped to my chest .  :| lol. if he got any better than i might of caught him on a total eclipse at that moment. yay for me but kinda ehhhh cause i needed a clean win and not a fluke of nature...or natural disasters cause right after that win and before i played Acey...i got jacked up rings on my disk and it kept booting me off. now it will only play for one round in offline and then error and booted.  :'( :'( \-/o

That really sucks man...  /:O

You need Ultimate Chocolate ASAP...  :-??

PS. These 4 videos show all of my teams and how I currently use them. The first three happen to be against Acey. In case you haven't seen them...  :thumbsup:

PSS. Deadpool just made a cameo, since he didn't contribute much... lol

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6053 on: September 26, 2011, 12:42:40 AM »
lol, felt my ears burning. I hear all these stories about how manolo beats this one and he beats that one, and yet one of his friends I can't even come close to him.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6054 on: September 26, 2011, 12:50:39 AM »
lol, felt my ears burning. I hear all these stories about how manolo beats this one and he beats that one, and yet one of his friends I can't even come close to him.

What do you mean? You and I always end up about 50/50 since you really got my Wesker's number and can neutralize my Amy; but now I have bigger surprises for you... >:D

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6055 on: September 26, 2011, 12:59:44 AM »
What do you mean? You and I always end up about 50/50 since you really got my Wesker's number and can neutralize my Amy; but now I have bigger surprises for you... >:D

Giant robot-size surprises? I'm live if your are.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #6056 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:45 AM »
i can agree with you on the mvc2 vs mvc3 but not with the online. its only 6 characters. games like call of duty have 12-18 people playing with animated scenery in the maps plus rendering of killstreaks without any lag problems. your connection can be fine and mvc3 still lags as if it were terrible. capcom made dead rising 2 with all those zombies on screen and ssf4 with all the fx and animated backgrounds, even though its only 2 chars onscreen the online is great.

^^(PM)^ It's tougher to try to stream about 3 inputs per second for player, the animations and cancels that come for the characters and all exploits on screen than what a shooter asks for, let us be reminded that shooting games have a longer story behind with online by their shoulder that helped find better methods to stream everything easier.

It can't be easily argued that MVC3 is the fighting game that has the most stuff going on screen as of now, of course it's going to have a shaky debut. Now, for UMVC3, there should be an improvement, if it's not fixed by then, that's when I will understand the kind of complaining this version is getting.  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:15:59 AM by Gigan X3 »

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6057 on: September 26, 2011, 02:48:43 AM »
Giant robot-size surprises? I'm live if your are.

lol I fell asleep in front of the TV after a Ranked Match. My giant robot-size surprise will have to wait until tomorrow bro. I'm going to bed... lol

Offline jafar

• SLASH!!
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 11:08:29 AM
    • My YT channel
« Reply #6058 on: September 27, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »
Trish and She-Hulk.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #6059 on: September 27, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
Every time I see the alternate costumes, I get a little annoyed at how lazy Capcom is.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #6060 on: September 27, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »
Every time I see the alternate costumes, I get a little annoyed at how lazy Capcom is.

Would have been lazier not to get any at all, I just don't like Dormammu's new selection. And I like the small variations like She Hulk's McDonalds costume.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #6061 on: September 27, 2011, 06:43:37 PM »

These are not alternate costumes, they are alternate palettes. You will still have to buy the alternate costumes.

I like the colors, I can color code my teams.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6062 on: September 27, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »

I'm just glad they are finally adding the grey or dark blue palettes to the ones that needed it, like She-Hulk's skin so she can try out for my teams... ;D

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #6063 on: September 27, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »
I'm just glad they are finally adding the grey or dark blue palettes to the ones that needed it, like She-Hulk's skin so she can try out for my teams... ;D

That's how you choose? Matching outfits? /:O

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6064 on: September 27, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
i think ive lost the will to play this game. i played at school today and got OWNED by someone. the thing that made it worst is he turned and asked my if i knew how to play

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6065 on: September 28, 2011, 01:05:58 AM »
That's how you choose? Matching outfits? /:O

Of course. I don't allow any characters without a sense of fashion to join my teams. Even matching underwear is a requirement...  :cool

i think ive lost the will to play this game. i played at school today and got OWNED by someone. the thing that made it worst is he turned and asked my if i knew how to play

I hate people that have to brag about how good they are. Once you play most of them a few times, it's easy to pick up their patterns anyway. When that happens I make them commit to 11 straight matches with no quitting until one reigns supreme. It usually takes me 3 to 4 matches to get their gameplay down, and normally I win the rest. I have some of those in YouTube. I then ask for respect or mock them profusely.  >:D

I do give respect if I loose; but that is why my records show that I win 58% of my matches...  :P

I do email spammers every time I destroy their team and tell them about their "no skill" tactics and how they should learn how to play the game. I also tell them that they should learn a combo or two while they are at it, if they want some respect. They all hate it with a passion...  :DxDie :D :DxDie

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6066 on: September 28, 2011, 01:19:19 AM »
lol i would feel better if he was a spammer but he wasnt. he used doom sentinel and haggar. first match he beat me only using sentinel i messed up alot and for some reason the only move i was getting out was dantes jet stream /:O second match he went combo crazy with doom and ko'd wesker and dante easy. morrigan was my last person and she is the only one i actually did damage with. still didnt ko anyone on his team though. i just gave up the controller after that, those two games were enough for me. only thing that kind of makes me feel not as bad is 1) he was using a fightstick 2) he is one of the best players there i was told him and 3 others who were there own at mvc.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6067 on: September 28, 2011, 02:13:50 AM »

In my opinion, one or two matches mean nothing. 5 to 10 straight matches show better who is who. I've almost beaten High Lords and Cosmic Lords in almost every match. I've just fallen for a strategy I wasn't expecting at that moment or dropped a combo because of the presure. I'm sure I would have won a few matches if I would've played more than once against the same opponent.

Everybody has a strategy, and most of them include assist cross-ups or mix-ups. It's just a matter of knowing when and how to block, and how to counter after into a combo of your own; but you can't learn that in one or two matches. You should have stayed and looked for the oppenings, repeated strategies and weaknesses.

I always try to challenge anyone that has given me a bad beat into a private lobby. I don't care how many times I loose. I just want to learn how to beat that strategy.

So far, there is one guy that I've only beaten once of about 8 times we've fought. He always crosses me with Haggar's overhead pipe while using Akuma's Tatsu and then goes into a long Haggar combo where he OTGs with Deadpools Chimichanga and practically kills any one of my characters he hits, even Hulk. Advancing guard is almost useless against that cross-up because it doesn't push Haggar much and you can't counter because you got Tatsu in your face. The only strategy I've found that kinda works is to keep jumping while blocking and hit on fall after block, but eventually he gets me. Now, as soon as I took Haggar out the first time, he became an X-Factor Akuma/Deadpool Spammer, which like I said, I've only beaten once, but I still try and will
Find a way... :thumbsup:

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #6068 on: September 29, 2011, 05:08:43 AM »
You got a Neo Gaf account? Got questions on UMvC3? Jintor is the one to go to. He managed to get a preview version of the game TGS version with Vergil and Iron Fist.
Here's the link to ask him. But you need to have a Neo Gaf account to ask him. Also I'm sure he will only be doing this for a limited time so you better hury over their.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437950&page=336

EDIT:
BTW if you don't have an account, don't make one just to ask a question. They take forever to activate your account and you can't use a free email account
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6070 on: September 29, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7bE_6_KLL8&feature=feedu#
 :D :D :D

That was frickin' awesome...  :DxDie :D :DxDie

By way, here are the videos of the IMT Lobby you (Swiziga), SanjiSasuke and me had on 9-22-2011.

There is a funny Glitch in the second match of the third video...  :D

...which happened to be last match I was able to record before I had to recharge my cellphone's battery...  :-??

Anyway, they were some cool matches. Look forward to the next IMT Lobby...  :thumbsup:

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #6071 on: September 29, 2011, 09:03:59 PM »
lol at my epic failure jump at the end of the glitch.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #6072 on: September 29, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
lol at my epic failure jump at the end of the glitch.

That was hilarious !!!!  :DxDie :D :DxDie

He smacked X-23 from way up there... lol

PS. Swiziga, SanjiSasuke and I have a lobby on PS3 if anyone wants to join...  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:19:16 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #6073 on: September 29, 2011, 09:29:15 PM »
Crap! I'm not home! If you're still online when I get there, let me know.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #6074 on: September 29, 2011, 11:21:22 PM »
Fun matches, some close ones, and I finally beat swiziga once. (mini clap)

Also those who don't know manolo is now manalo. :D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare