collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188530 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #5300 on: August 16, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
Or Swirl Umvc3 .   Vanilla first one and this umvc3 is chocolate. lol 

Kenfan, your homeboy Phoenix better be BETTER than the dang Raccoon. Cause if not...... then  /:O and  o.O# and :-??. lol

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5301 on: August 16, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »
lol, Dr. Strange is a Magneto clone, I never would have thought! I am SSOOOOOOOOOO disapointed. I'm am currently crying myself to sleep.

Edit: And those lifebars, not a fan! They look too dark for the out of play characters.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #5302 on: August 16, 2011, 11:47:03 AM »
 >:-(-|

why do people keep saying "Vanilla "

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #5303 on: August 16, 2011, 11:52:59 AM »

i have no clue either, i said it cause ...well i read it somewhere.  i call it Lite. lol

Offline jafar

• SLASH!!
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 11:08:29 AM
    • My YT channel
« Reply #5304 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5305 on: August 16, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »

I know. Vanilla is actually one of my favorite flavors of ice cream

BTW I find it pretty epic seeing Dormmy and Strange duke it out

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5306 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:38 PM »
Just out of curiosity, do you think capcom will release more patches for the first MvC3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIdvCLBPa3w&feature=player_embedded#
This glitch seems to work on everyone except phoenix if she has 5 hyper bars. Dark Phoenix frees herself.

Anyway back on topic, for some reason I think Dr Strange is Marvel's own Dante but with a hint of Magneto and phoenix and his own style of play. lol I counted 8 special moves.
One thing I hate is Nemesis' hyper level 3, why not just have him turn into his 2nd transformation instead of his 3rd and final. Don't make sense. Not to mention he's back to normal after the attack with the supresser trench coat? Did anyone actually fight nemesis in RE3 over their when they decided to add him into UMvC3? Nemesis Doesn't revert back.  \-/o oh well...
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5307 on: August 16, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Yeah it's weird how Capcom doesn't even remember how he works in those games, considering THEY MADE THOSE GAMES

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #5308 on: August 16, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »
Dr.Strange and ghost rider are the only two editions that I'm currently happy about. However, i'm impressed that gave Nemesis an anti-air move. But Dr.Strange ftw.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #5309 on: August 16, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »
Just because Nemesis wasn't shown with the ability to revert doesn't mean he is incapable of doing so.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #5310 on: August 16, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
Just because Nemesis wasn't shown with the ability to revert doesn't mean he is incapable of doing so.
^^(PM)^

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5311 on: August 16, 2011, 06:29:15 PM »

But no other mutants were ever shown to revert back. Do you think T.A.L.O.S. could? After it changed, it lost its legs and gained the ability to attach it's spine to objects. When Mr. X loses his limiter trench coat, he became super tyrant where he gets a bit bigger and his skin morphs and he gains claws. He could probably revert back because of little change, but the claws if they dissappeared would leave signs of deformity and Mr. X wouldn't have any fingers. But Nemesis is another story. After it lost the trench coat it mutated and got more tenticles on its arm and body along with its ribs poking out on one side, which making him revert more plausible because the only difference was the additional tenciles. When Jill had it fall into a pool of chemicles in RE3 it lost its head and some limbs. It survived and fed on a dead Tyrant and mutated again and turned into the big monster you see in the lvl 3 hyper. Sudden changes to a living organism including a human body wouldn't allow it to change back with out deformity. So if Nemesis' final transformation were to revert back, their would be major signs of deformity, but capcom could have also gone with signs of the transformation by parts of the tench coat being torn or it blowing up and another Nemesis showing up. I know all this is based on a game but resident evil or biohazard took steps to make the story as real as possible.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5312 on: August 16, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »

haha its supposed to be the new way of saying  "plain or regular"
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #5313 on: August 17, 2011, 12:12:59 AM »
But no other mutants were ever shown to revert back. Do you think T.A.L.O.S. could? After it changed, it lost its legs and gained the ability to attach it's spine to objects. When Mr. X loses his limiter trench coat, he became super tyrant where he gets a bit bigger and his skin morphs and he gains claws. He could probably revert back because of little change, but the claws if they dissappeared would leave signs of deformity and Mr. X wouldn't have any fingers. But Nemesis is another story. After it lost the trench coat it mutated and got more tenticles on its arm and body along with its ribs poking out on one side, which making him revert more plausible because the only difference was the additional tenciles. When Jill had it fall into a pool of chemicles in RE3 it lost its head and some limbs. It survived and fed on a dead Tyrant and mutated again and turned into the big monster you see in the lvl 3 hyper. Sudden changes to a living organism including a human body wouldn't allow it to change back with out deformity. So if Nemesis' final transformation were to revert back, their would be major signs of deformity, but capcom could have also gone with signs of the transformation by parts of the tench coat being torn or it blowing up and another Nemesis showing up. I know all this is based on a game but resident evil or biohazard took steps to make the story as real as possible.

Comparing Nemesis to other monsters is entirely irrelevent, really, because they have different abilities.

There really doesn't need to be any signs of deformity in a monster with unstable molecules, as would be the case with any beast that could change shape at all regardless of what it's fed on.

Again, just because it hasn't doesn't mean it couldn't. No amount of text walling will change that fact.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5314 on: August 17, 2011, 01:19:06 AM »
Comparing Nemesis to other monsters is entirely irrelevent, really, because they have different abilities.

There really doesn't need to be any signs of deformity in a monster with unstable molecules, as would be the case with any beast that could change shape at all regardless of what it's fed on.

Again, just because it hasn't doesn't mean it couldn't. No amount of text walling will change that fact.

How are they irrelevent? they all have tyrant bodys. And they don't have unstable molecules, if they did they'd mutate into something like the big blob Birkin turned into in RE2. The thing Nemesis mutated to is likely a random mutation caused by the chemicals which was anti-T it fell into in RE3 or the new addition of T-virus it got from the Tyrant it ate. The only difference between them is one of them has become infused with technology, one has  NE-α parasite and another has been enhanced with extra hermons during development. Ok yeah your right, but in Code Veronica steve reverted back, only because he forced himself to in order to save Claire. Wesker in Umbrella Chronicles says something similar on why he didn't mutate like all the others when he injected himself. In RE5 Wesker needed injections to keep the virus incheck. So I'll say it again yes your right, but only if they wanted to. And since the three monsters are being given commands, they could probably revert back if commanded to. And i'm not just wall texting I'm trying to answer your statment.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #5315 on: August 17, 2011, 01:21:23 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, aren't there better people that they could have chosen for this game? I mean really, Dr. Strange? Nemisis? There are better people that they could have put in this game that weren't in mvc2 and aren't X-Men and actually should be in this game (*cough* any Spiderman villain *cough* Juri *cough*  Guile *cough, cough* Black Panther)
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #5316 on: August 17, 2011, 01:28:49 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, aren't there better people that they could have chosen for this game? I mean really, Dr. Strange? Nemisis? There are better people that they could have put in this game that weren't in mvc2 and aren't X-Men and actually should be in this game (*cough* any Spiderman villain *cough* Juri *cough*  Guile *cough, cough* Black Panther)

Okay man, really better then Dr.Strange? Yeah because leaving out one of marvel's main cast of characters from 1966 onwards would be a great idea. However I do agree about black panther though, he would have been beter then lets just say sentinel.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #5317 on: August 17, 2011, 01:44:37 AM »
Okay man, really better then Dr.Strange? Yeah because leaving out one of marvel's main cast of characters from 1966 onwards would be a great idea. However I do agree about black panther though, he would have been beter then lets just say sentinel.

not denying that, but it doesnt seem like they ever truly had plans of putting him in this game. It looks like they only did so because they randomly put Dormamu in this game.

Also, add to the list of Shouldn'ts: Phoenix Wright. List of Shoulds: Luke Cage, Black Widow, any other Street Fighter
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5318 on: August 17, 2011, 02:23:53 AM »
Also, add to the list of Shouldn'ts: Phoenix Wright.

omg i still cant believe that clown is in the game smh...it erks me to know they really considered him over the tons of other wild Capcom chars they could have tossed in. ill over look the dude when or if i get that UMVC3 but damn man they could have chosen someone else for all that...i mean what hes going to do? Through the book of law at you?? i dont get it man. that big headed marvel villian modok was one thing but cmon man...a lawyer with no fighting abilities what so ever? who all tanked in votes on that?

again Kai will go on a rant list of chars or games they could have better used instead of this
fruit cake:

Little nemo the dream master
Code name viper
Breath of fire
Dino Crisis
captain commando
Dark sector
Onimusha (F*ck even the leon char could have taken his place)
Forgotten worlds
Magic sword
Chaos legion
Trojan
Fists of Vengence

I mean godamn man im sure theres others smfh lol sorry Phoenix wright fan boys its a stupid @ss idea. im just glad other chars overshadow the dude anyway.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:34:56 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Fou

• Mage of the sun
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 01, 2019, 11:22:55 AM
  • I can taste your fear... and IT'S DELICIOUS !
    • Fou-the-mage
    • Email
« Reply #5319 on: August 17, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
At first I wanted it to be in the cast, but I suspected he was not insert in the game, and now there is, I regret it, even if I have not yet seen her moves.
This character is a wimp who can not even fight and whining the first problem came!

(click to show/hide)

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #5320 on: August 17, 2011, 09:56:15 AM »
Nemesis's Level 3 (Final Mutation) is kinda:

XoX EEEEWWWW!!!
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5321 on: August 17, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »
Also, add to the list of Shouldn'ts: Phoenix Wright. List of Shoulds: Luke Cage, Black Widow, any other Street Fighter
Didn't you once say that you thought Luke Cage would be a stupid inclusion? Also I have a feeling Black Widow might make it to the DLC racket in time for the Avengers movie

Also to all you Phoenix Wright haters: No one ever complained about Captain Falcon being a regular in Smash Brothers, and he's had as much fighting experience as Wright (ie, none)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #5322 on: August 17, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
Didn't you once say that you thought Luke Cage would be a stupid inclusion? Also I have a feeling Black Widow might make it to the DLC racket in time for the Avengers movie

Also to all you Phoenix Wright haters: No one ever complained about Captain Falcon being a regular in Smash Brothers, and he's had as much fighting experience as Wright (ie, none)

I dont think I ever said anything about Luke Cage being a stupid addition. I actually like Luke Cage as a character and think that he should have been one of the first they included in this game

As far as the whole Phoenix Wright vs. Captain Falcon, lets keep in mind that Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter when he isn't racing according to this: http://fzero.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Falcon. This should imply that he has some fight skills. Phoenix Wright is an overhyped, HIGHLY overrated lawyer who doesnt deserve to a fighting game. I mean seriously, what does he do besides yell "objection"? He is just a waste of a character addition. Even the raccoon and Arthur look like more fight-credible than this guy
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #5323 on: August 17, 2011, 03:00:46 PM »
Dormammu wasn't randomly put in.

Marvel is doing something with a Dr. Strange movie, and Dormy is 95% going to be the villain :p

So I'll say it again yes your right, but only if they wanted to.

This is why your wall texting is irrelevent and unecessarry.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5324 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »

Hater? naw he has to be somethin that cool in order to hate on em :P. And We are NOT talking about smash bros man lol [-X For the record Falcon is way more believable to be kick @ss than phoenix. I dont know much about falcon except i used to pick him a lot in the F zero games and thats it. I never played SSB so i wouldnt know anyway. all i saw were videos. I can believe him being kick @ss on the level as far as maybe Chris redfield doing a super in MVC3 where he jumps into his Falcon and runs you over er somethin or pulls out a bunch of lazers to take you out than Phoenix doing nothing but screaming OBJECTION!!! the whole damn game hoping the enemy will confess er somethin 8=|. Sorry i dont get the dude :-j. Phoenix looks like a joke character and sticks out like hes not even supposed to be in that game. Most i can see that character doing is having a super where he pulls out a huge Gavel and smashes you :-??

For all that i would have settled for one of those silly God hand chars i saw in recent videos.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:27:59 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare