collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188564 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #4775 on: July 23, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #4776 on: July 23, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
Well that's interesting
dont get your hopes up. last time they said that with ssf4 all we got was the two extra character filters when choosing costumes too look like cross hatching or watercolor. they wont even keep shadow battles so i know everyone who spent money on that is pissed off
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:49:30 PM by Swiziga »

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4777 on: July 23, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »
Because everyone knows how hard it's going to be to pop in the original and play the Shadow Battles.

Yep.

What hell.

Offline TheClone45

• Wily's Fortune Teller
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 08, 2020, 05:17:39 PM
  • Let's get this over with.
    • http://draw-in.webs.com/
« Reply #4778 on: July 23, 2011, 05:24:35 PM »
Ohh Strider... how we've missed you.

By theclone45 at 2011-01-02

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4779 on: July 23, 2011, 05:27:24 PM »
• There will be something for MvC3 fans who bought the original game, if you have the save data on your console. What that is isn't revealed yet, but there will be an extra.

• If UMvC3 sells well, there will responses to fan requests for more content. This was said in response to if Mega Man will be in the game or not.

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #4780 on: July 23, 2011, 05:46:37 PM »
Because everyone knows how hard it's going to be to pop in the original and play the Shadow Battles.

Yep.

What hell.
why would anyone want to play the old if ultimate is supposed to be new and improved? i highly doubt anyone will play mvc3 once they have umc3 just for the shadowbattles. the point of the shadow battles was to be additional content to what was already on the disc thats why it was dlc. they could have just added it to the new disc instead they made ppl waste money on it *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4781 on: July 23, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »
But they didn't. You're all looking at MvC3 and UMvC3 like they're the same game, but they aren't. I don't bench Tekken 5 when I play Tekken 6, and I don't see a reason to bench MvC3 if it has content that UMvC3 doesn't.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:49:11 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #4782 on: July 23, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »
who wants to get kicked out of Comic-con for mentioning Mega Man's name? or how bout for wearin a Mega Man T-Shirt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpoXIIAHhTY&feature=feedu#
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #4783 on: July 23, 2011, 07:47:37 PM »
"But they didn't. You're all looking at MvC3 and UMvC3 like they're the same game, but they aren't. I don't bench Tekken 5 when I play Tekken 6, and I don't see a reason to bench MvC3 if it has content that UMvC3 doesn't."
8-} errrr, what? Not same game? Could you say it again?
It have same mechanics, same gameplay, practically same title, roster is same, but +more, stages are same+more, music same+more. Everything IS same only some stuff added and you call it a different game?
I hadn't played tekken 6, but tekken 4 and tekken 5 ARE different games, looking at MvC3 and UMvC3, SF4 and SSF4AE I can't say that at all.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4784 on: July 23, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »
The fact that MvC3 has Shadow Battles and UMvC3 doesn't shows on its own that they aren't the same game.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4785 on: July 23, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
 :D  the only REAL thing different is they slapped "Ultimate" on it. all the stages, more characters, new lifebars and some other content they might add, is what we should have gotten to begin with ( minus maybe making a couple more characters DLC only) . Those that bought the first copy "mvc3 lite' cant even use shadow battles on it. Basically we got ripped off.  At least with ssf4 to ssf4Ae the updates and new characters were DLC. thats all i wanted. But its still same game even with the updates. i remember hearing they couldnt put the ghost rider bike in. well even it was true then why he has the bike in as a hyper? they can do stuff the way it should be, they just finding ways to milk us. thats all. :D

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4786 on: July 23, 2011, 08:06:27 PM »
Of course they're milking their product. That's how businesses work, especially ones in the situation that Capcom is finding itself. However, they are attempting to make the updates and revisions more than just a roster upgrade (which is more than what can be said for some series.)

Already we've seen some changes in the battle mechanics, and the addition of gameplay modes. I mean, you can all keep tooting that DLC horn, but Capcom is saving money by making it a seperate disc. If you want to disbelieve that, that's your decision, but if Capcom were milking any of their franchises nearly as hard as everyone likes to say they are, they'd listen to all of you and make DLC.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #4787 on: July 23, 2011, 08:11:01 PM »
Why in hell you are so defensive on capcom? Do they pay you? /:O
C'mon, how could making full product could save money when you bought half-product already?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4788 on: July 23, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
Why are you so offensive on Capcom?

I'm so defensive of Capcom right now because they're being unjustly crucified for business decisions that will ultimately save the fans money and provide a better product. We've already been over how the characters alone would have cost an additional sixty dollars for DLC, that alone is the price of a full-priced 360 title. That does not include how much they could have charged for the game modes that are now becoming available. If they had released all of this content as DLC with a total price of about 100 dollars, you would all be bitching a lot less and be so much more broke for it.

And considering they built MvC3 out of the dirt with no imported sprites or any of that nonsense that eventually culminated into MvC2, the roster is more than commendable. Anybody who is condemning Capcom for including no more than 36 characters on the original disc is an unsatisfied parasite with ungodly expectations.

"We're mad because they're selling us the same thing with content that should have been in the first release."

No, they really aren't. What they are releasing is all additional bonus material, most of which was created after the fact due to fan demand. Sure, Rocket Raccoon wasn't high on the list of wants, but Ghost Rider was, and so was Strider, and Hawkeye, and Phoenix Wright, as much as you all want to dismiss that. And Frank West. UMvC3 is not a "Milking" of the product. UMvC3 is quite literally a "Fan's Edition" release, right down to Spectator Mode.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4789 on: July 23, 2011, 08:17:27 PM »
true indeed Kriven bro. thats how business works in some ways but not all . Capcom aint savin that much money by making it a disc. it would be i believe to make it cheaper being DLC.  they would have to pay for disc to be produced. even if its all inhouse product. Fans catch on to the milking and aint such a good thing for business. they should be more discreet. lol. like a capcom ninja or something. lol . they probably are trying to get more money from all those that didnt feed ino MVC3 lite and so put out the more finished product to reel in those untapped buyers who were skeptical. good money making move...yes..but kinda bad fan move.

if they really wanted to appease their fans, they should have waited and given fans everything they paid 60 smacks for  or just  kept the price of the original down to 40 to begin with. especially if they knew they were gonna make a new disk within a matter of months. I payed 14 for AE and i enjoy it and its essential almost what they are doing with Ultimate MvC3.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #4790 on: July 23, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
Of course they're milking their product. That's how businesses work, especially ones in the situation that Capcom is finding itself. However, they are attempting to make the updates and revisions more than just a roster upgrade (which is more than what can be said for some series.)

Already we've seen some changes in the battle mechanics, and the addition of gameplay modes. I mean, you can all keep tooting that DLC horn, but Capcom is saving money by making it a seperate disc. If you want to disbelieve that, that's your decision, but if Capcom were milking any of their franchises nearly as hard as everyone likes to say they are, they'd listen to all of you and make DLC.
how are they saving money if they are paying for the game to be put on disc and manufactured vs putting it up as a data file on xbla and psn? theyre a game company that make tons of money bcause of their fans. and yes they are totally milking this game. they may have done the same thing for streetfighter4 but it was long after the game had time to gain popularity not a couple of months later and the changes were substantial. even with AE its dlc and optional to use you can even turn off the dlc in the options if you want. this game wasnt out for a year yet and they already made a new one and that means it was in production for a while. they screwed everyone over especially with the shadow battles. they said the dlc costumes will be compatible with the game so i find it hard to believe that they couldnt do the same with the shadow battles if they wanted to.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4791 on: July 23, 2011, 08:21:22 PM »
I'm not saying Capcom as a company is saving money by releasing a newly manufactured disc, I'm saying they're saving the customers money by releasing a newly manufactured disc.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4792 on: July 23, 2011, 08:27:40 PM »
hmmmm saving me money would be making i dlc and costing me 24.99. because i already bought the disk for 60 with what is very "Light" to begin with. AE gave me more for 14 bucks. i dont see where the price range on that couldnt be suffient for us fans and gamers. now makin it a disk does really one actual cool thing, those that dont have the net or even accounts. so on that i can see. but it still leaves a sour taste in the mouths of those that have bought the original. and if i do pay 40 bucks i will have paid 100 for it.  :D

edit: why even have a collectors edition if they makin a whole new game anyway? /:O

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #4793 on: July 23, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »
"I'm not saying Capcom as a company is saving money by releasing a newly manufactured disc, I'm saying they're saving the customers money by releasing a newly manufactured disc."
And how's that?
Disc should be by any means cost more then DLC 'coz there's not only data, but disc's price in it, manufacturing price. If you hadn't MvC3, then yes, it saves money to buy UMvC3, but if you bought what Lando rightfully calling MvC3 Light and UMvC3 then you totally milked.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4794 on: July 23, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »
I'm not saying Capcom as a company is saving money by releasing a newly manufactured disc, I'm saying they're saving the customers money by releasing a newly manufactured disc.

If they wanted us to "save money" they would have waited until the damn game was finished. We were already 10+ years, what's another?

MvC3's big reveal should have been THIS year not last year for an unfinished product, but they figured we'd be so damn happy that we're finally getting a new MvC that we'd buy it anyways, which we all fell for.

Announcing a new game 4 months after the last one came out is not saving us money, we already spent 60 on the last one, how is spending 40 more saving?!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4795 on: July 23, 2011, 08:33:31 PM »
Do you guys honestly think that if this content was DLC they would have wrapped it up in a neat little package with a pretty bow? No. You'd be paying five dollars for each character, and if you want the whole set, that's sixty dollars. That doesn't even count buying additional game modes.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4796 on: July 23, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »
I refer to my previous post.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #4797 on: July 23, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »
"That doesn't even count buying additional game modes."
Yeah, like Shadow Battles now being DLC when you buy UMvC3 disc :D They'll do it, for sure.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4798 on: July 23, 2011, 08:37:21 PM »
Refer to previous post. I'll do the same. Y'know, the one that explains how UMvC3 is built out of feedback, and not original plans.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #4799 on: July 23, 2011, 08:37:58 PM »
Doubt that.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare