collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188485 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #4750 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:53 AM »

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 22, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
« Reply #4751 on: July 22, 2011, 05:58:37 AM »
Capcom is raping NOTHING. There is enough new content in this game to practically call it a sequel.

"oh but the first game didnt have enough and it didnt have cyclops"

But it had thirty-six freaking characters. They aren't making MUGEN, dammit. You aren't going to have 100 character rosters, and feeling as though you're entitled to one is a really crap attitude. You are entitled to nothing and if you don't like the product being delivered, you don't buy it. If you buy a game, as advertised, and bee-otch about the content, you sir, are nothing but a moron.

On that note: Rocket? Rocket? Where was Rocket's crappy 80's movie? I want my duck!

chill out bruh it ain't even that serious, and don't come at me like that... you... you a little defensive about Capcom ain't ya?

but seriously, no matter how u slice it it's f'ed up. They knew ahead of time they were going to do this. Let's say the characters aren't even the issue here... the lack of modes and stages is a little suspect....most of the stuff they're adding is already pretty standard for most fighting games including their own. and seeing as they already pulled this stunt with SFIV they should've known better to postpone it and finish it up before releasing it the first time.

Even before this announcement I had been feeling like MvC3 was missing some stuff, as one person had put it it seemed more like an advanced beta than a complete game. an update like this 6 months after the release isn't a deal it's a middle finger to those who bought the original. I could understand if they said from the get go they was going to do this but nah they didn't

folks are killin me saying stuff like "atleast they're improving the game and are addressing complaints" so i guess it's just cool to do that for any game huh. I mean it'd be cool if other devs just started shipping out half finished games for full price, but  hey it's a "good deal!" cause it's better! they're finishing it in less than a year later and reselling it to you for over half the price.

but if you like that ***** hey that's you. enjoy it. if u got money to spend like that have a ****ing ball with capcom and their rehashed games. I realize some to some folks MvC3 is like the best game ever, and they'd gladly continue to spend money on it. that's their business and I ain't got a problem with it.  I personally think its mainly the novelty of playing with some of your fav characters which overshadow it's shortcomings and is why folks don't feel this is a screwed up move.

but hey it ain't for me I don't have money the money to be getting jerked around like this especially not in this economy, and i stand by my word when I say it's ****ed up. and yeah consumers ARE entitled to quality and they ARE "entitled" to getting their money's worth. don't trip on other folks for venting about it.

anyhow i'm done venting about these Ultimate/super/turbo/ultra/megamix shenanigans I'm pretty much over it. I just know I won't be getting SFxT at release....although it does look kinda of fye

apparently they're doing preorder store specific DLC for this game too, just saw an advertisement from GameStop.

Also I've been thinking why couldn't they just do an expansion disc for about $20 or $30 to install onto the system for the game. I'm not really sure of all the logistics that go into it but if games like Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, Oblivion, and Grand Theft Auto can do it you'd think a fighting game would be able to do it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:35:09 PM by Chaos Dante »

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #4752 on: July 22, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »
No one told you guy's to buy the game and in the end your going to buy the new one. Everyone is talking like they already had these characters and new stages done. It would have took an additional 6 months for this game to be in its final release. Meaning they would have to push MVC3 all the way back to when Ultimate MVC3 is going to be released. All you guys would have whined that they were taking to long. Some of you might say "I'd have waited that long." Guess what? You wouldn't have because you didn't wait to get MVC3 and most of you aren't going to wait to get the Ultimate version. This stuff is a luxury you don't have to buy it. Stuff like this becomes obsolete all the time. You can't get mad because it happened faster then you thought. Lesson Learned: Don't spend all your money on games if you don't have it like that. Wait until the price drops. ( I agree with Kriven on most of the stuff he said).

P.S. Your saving money and I heard most people aren't even playing MVC3 anymore. Just more stuff to complain about. All of this is just my opinion though. Also for all of you who are saying that they are dipping in you pockets aren't thinking this whole thing through. They have to sell and repackage this game. Not only do they have to pay for advertsiments and put about a million disks on the shelves, they also have to sell a game that would have normally been $60 for a fraction of that. From it sounds like they aren't gaining as much money as you might think. If they really wanted to take your money they'd have releasesd DLC.

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
« Reply #4753 on: July 22, 2011, 07:06:58 AM »
u know what man you're right, the hell was i thinking buying a fighting game at full price that money could've went to something else....like alchol lol
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:19:19 AM by Chaos Dante »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4754 on: July 22, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »
BTW dudes: big deal about megaman, Bison sucks, capcom is doing us a service by releasing this game, it's going to be awesome, and nobody gives a crap about howard the duck.
1.) I take it you were glad to hear Legends 3 was canceled
2.) "Don't be hasty"
3.) I still like the updates and all but couldn't have most of this been done via patches?
4.) Oh but a gun wielding raccoon that's even more obscure than Howard, THAT's who we should give a crap about

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4755 on: July 22, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
Chaos-Dante: I love how you took that as a personal attack and not an umbrella argument. I think that shows pretty much how arrogant you are, and why nothing you've said really makes sense or has any value.

I'll bother refuting your "argument" when you can atually say something with a little bit of validity.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #4756 on: July 22, 2011, 01:20:52 PM »
 :O*D

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4757 on: July 22, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »

So how about that Penance Stare lvl 3 hyper?  ;D

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4758 on: July 22, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »
Seriously guys, don't let Capcom cause arguments here, this is a pre-mute warning.

That penance stare hyper is awesome, even more reason why I don't get to play MvC3 until after the kids go to bed.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #4759 on: July 22, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
No one told you guy's to buy the game and in the end your going to buy the new one. Everyone is talking like they already had these characters and new stages done. It would have took an additional 6 months for this game to be in its final release. Meaning they would have to push MVC3 all the way back to when Ultimate MVC3 is going to be released. All you guys would have whined that they were taking to long. Some of you might say "I'd have waited that long." Guess what? You wouldn't have because you didn't wait to get MVC3 and most of you aren't going to wait to get the Ultimate version. This stuff is a luxury you don't have to buy it. Stuff like this becomes obsolete all the time. You can't get mad because it happened faster then you thought. Lesson Learned: Don't spend all your money on games if you don't have it like that. Wait until the price drops. ( I agree with Kriven on most of the stuff he said).

P.S. Your saving money and I heard most people aren't even playing MVC3 anymore. Just more stuff to complain about. All of this is just my opinion though. Also for all of you who are saying that they are dipping in you pockets aren't thinking this whole thing through. They have to sell and repackage this game. Not only do they have to pay for advertsiments and put about a million disks on the shelves, they also have to sell a game that would have normally been $60 for a fraction of that. From it sounds like they aren't gaining as much money as you might think. If they really wanted to take your money they'd have releasesd DLC.
dude fyi capcom isnt losing money on this is no way. There making money. The way there making money is on the back of there employees and the consumers. I wont expand on this. Work in that industry and you know what im talking about.

So how about that Penance Stare lvl 3 hyper?  ;D
Havent seen it yet. Grr i want to tho. 8-}

:O*D
indeed good sir.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4760 on: July 22, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
Havent seen it yet. Grr i want to tho. 8-}
Watch the video of him fighting in Asgard, he delivers a Hyper Combo Finish to C Viper

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4761 on: July 22, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
Capcom is raping NOTHING. There is enough new content in this game to practically call it a sequel.

"oh but the first game didnt have enough and it didnt have cyclops"

But it had thirty-six freaking characters. They aren't making MUGEN, dammit. You aren't going to have 100 character rosters, and feeling as though you're entitled to one is a really crap attitude. You are entitled to nothing and if you don't like the product being delivered, you don't buy it. If you buy a game, as advertised, and bee-otch about the content, you sir, are nothing but a moron.

There's plently to be mad about. MvC3 has barely been out for four months and already it's been rendered irrelevant. I'm sorry but that's plenty of reason to be pissed off. Buying a game that's whole life cycle is dependent on re-playability at full price because you want to show your support, and then having it become obsolete faster than a f***ing sports title, then having to pay almost full price for a revision?! No sir, not acceptable.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4762 on: July 22, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »
There's plently to be mad about. MvC3 has barely been out for four months and already it's been rendered irrelevant. I'm sorry but that's plenty of reason to be pissed off. Buying a game that's whole life cycle is dependent on re-playability at full price because you want to show your support, and then having it become obsolete faster than a f***ing sports title, then having to pay almost full price for a revision?! No sir, not acceptable.
Wouldn't that depend on which version you bought?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #4763 on: July 22, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
What   /:O If your talking about the collectors vs regular? No its doesnt matter the game was clearly a beta. Companies just dont go in to this blind folded. They knew they were going to rerelease the game. Maybe when they first started development no but as progression went on yes. DLC something thats considered doing game development and is is really mapped out doing to middle going into the finishing of a game. This is how capcom makes money. theyve dont this since the company started and still use simular method as they dd 20 years ago. Comsumers always turn a blind eye to this tho. We have they power to force them to quit but no one man can do it. It takes the whole gaming community.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4764 on: July 22, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »

I really need to clarify down to that level? Ok, say you by "sports title 12" this year the day it comes out. You're guaranteed that same time next year "sports title 13' is coming and 12' is old news, 12 months. Now say 4 months from now, a whole new game carrying the title of "sports title 12" gets announced for later the same year for $40. You'd be pissed off you spend $60 bucks for a game that didn't even get a decent shelf life right?

Do the research, most fighters that have sequels or major revisions (KoF, BlazeBlue, Guilty Gear) have a period of about a full year between them, some like the Soul series, Tekken, & MK have 2-3. Taking into consideration the fact that we were even told not to expect DLC for MvC3 this year at all, this is unacceptable. And with all the changes they're boasting about U:MvC3, they're making it seem like we paid full price for an unfinished game, and we can verify that because two characters were locked on the disc because they WERE FINISHED.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4765 on: July 22, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »
What   /:O If your talking about the collectors vs regular? No its doesnt matter the game was clearly a beta. Companies just dont go in to this blind folded. They knew they were going to rerelease the game. Maybe when they first started development no but as progression went on yes. DLC something thats considered doing game development and is is really mapped out doing to middle going into the finishing of a game. This is how capcom makes money. theyve dont this since the company started and still use simular method as they dd 20 years ago. Comsumers always turn a blind eye to this tho. We have they power to force them to quit but no one man can do it. It takes the whole gaming community.
Dude I was talking about the price

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
« Reply #4766 on: July 22, 2011, 03:52:37 PM »
And another thing I actually thought about if you want to be technical. The new characters/modes/stages are actually worth less than $40.

Think about it, the new folks are getting the original stuff + the new stuff, the new content is less than 50% of the game making the new content less than $20 in value. As on the other hand if you already have the game and buy it you're actually overpaying to get the new stuff cause you already have the original stuff. It's only a deal if you haven't already got the game.

however I don't discourage anyone who hasn't gotten the game from getting it for $40 you're def getting your money's worth at least for now that's how it's looking.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4767 on: July 22, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »
Think about it, the new folks are getting the original stuff + the new stuff, the new content is less than 50% of the game making the new content less than $20 in value. As on the other hand if you already have the game and buy it you're actually overpaying to get the new stuff cause you already have the original stuff. It's only a deal if you haven't already got the game.

THAT'S MY POINT EXACTLY! YOU TOTALLY GET IT!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #4768 on: July 22, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »
Dude I was talking about the price
so was I. Your still getting ripped.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #4769 on: July 22, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
Heres some info straight from Niitsuma
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/22/improved-match-making-and-online-play-umvc3-other-details/
Ryota Niitsuma was recently on the live video feed from Comic-Con to talk about Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. He shared a number of new details about the game, here's a transcript of the notable information he had to share.

• In regards to online features for UMvC3, the match making process was sped up, they reduced online lag and the menu flow is easier for rematching players.

• At the current stage of development, there is no replay mode in UMvC3.

• The HUD shown is not the final version and is for Comic-Con. They're aware the lifebars for backup characters are hard to see and more tweaks are coming.

• Tournament results and videos were a factor in balancing the game. Fan feedback and other stuff went a long ways in helping the developers change things.

• Not all characters got new moves, some just got tweaks to their existing attacks. Moves were added or changed to balance out the game, not just to add/change moves. C. Viper did get a new move, though. Frame data for a lot of the characters has been tweaked.

• The number of costume colors available for the characters has been expanded.

• There's no new end boss for UMvC3, still Galactus, but that doesn't mean they've left him untouched. He's got some new bells and whistles to throw at players.

• There will be something for MvC3 fans who bought the original game, if you have the save data on your console. What that is isn't revealed yet, but there will be an extra.

• If UMvC3 sells well, there will responses to fan requests for more content. This was said in response to if Mega Man will be in the game or not.

• All of the old stages are still in the game. Kattelox Island's snow version is separate from the old one.

• Capcom will not do a complete change log for MvC3 to UMvC3, but they're planning on doing something to document the changes between games.

• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be at EVO 2011.

• If you bought DLC characters/costumes for MvC3, that will be useable in UMvC3, but Shadow Mode DLC will not be going over to UMvC3, that's only for vanilla MvC3.

• Capcom didn't want to completely overhaul X-Factor, because it's still MvC3, but they did make some changes to it, it does less damage now and of course can be activated in the air, as previously reported.

• The new characters in the game will have their own endings, stories and stuff, but it sounds like they'll be styled how they were in MvC3.

• Simple mode will be like it was in MvC3, you can't access all of a character's moves with it.

The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4770 on: July 23, 2011, 12:00:45 AM »
• There will be something for MvC3 fans who bought the original game, if you have the save data on your console. What that is isn't revealed yet, but there will be an extra.

• If you bought DLC characters/costumes for MvC3, that will be useable in UMvC3, but Shadow Mode DLC will not be going over to UMvC3, that's only for vanilla MvC3.
Well that's interesting

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4771 on: July 23, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
well i think i will trade in my beta mvc3 copy and just take the loss for the ultimate ...depends on who all are in the final roster. but i aint doing it right away either. imma wait and see whats what cause if i do and they pull a shenanigans on me again, i quit CRAPCOM!  I have seen all over the net about fans of not only their franchise games but as well of the company really feeling disgusted over they're ways of doing things to the consumers who keep them in business.

the sad thing is this game could been so epic moreso if they included things straight from the get go, added real DLC characters and no beta vanilla  copy out and gave us the real solid deal and Ultimate would be just a DLC like SSF4AE was. Its not that they couldnt do it , shown it can be done and has . so this is just to make more cash off ( and take advantage  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*) of the people that really love this game and the ones who never bought into the beta.

Ghostrider is a win for me and strider looks awesome as well as hawkeye , but i really wanna see who really does get in . i am holdin out for one more person JIN SATOME!  I dont like the raccoon, i aint buying into bringing Phoenix Wright in ( even thos is Mavel vs capcom and capcom side can tap whoever from their franchise and not just street fighters  8=|) i just think they have alot more "fighter" worthy characters that can bring more punch to their side.

In the end i just hope it gets better and capcom stop messing us over with doing this kinda stuff. Or they will be considered CRAPCOM 4 Life. lol

oh and should have made this 6 button! \-/o

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4772 on: July 23, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
I don't see what's wrong with Phoenix Wright being in this game. That's like saying Captain Falcon shouldn't be in Smash Brothers (not a fighter but still pretty cool character)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4773 on: July 23, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »
well ,like said bro, Capcom can tap whoever they want from their games hence why its called Capcom  and not street fighter, but i myself just dont see him as a solid fighter type guy...unless i wanna win a case, now on that front he owns! lol . but imma have to see the guy in motion to buy it that he got skills to actually fight. Star Fox i can buy cause he is a fighter of sorts, and had weapons to use so that made sense with him. (SSB is a party game to me not a bare bones fighting game :D :-??)  imma have to really dig into Phoenix lore to see what he can really do that could bring him in as a solid fighter in my book. but hey the fans speak and capcom will decide.  

I read somewhere yesterday about phoenix wright using magic in his games of sorts , imma read up on him on that.  :thumbsup:

oh and if they really wanna get funky on their side they could bring in June from Star Gladiator instead of Hayoto dude if they dont bring him in. just a thought and a wish.  =P~ =P~ JUNE! =P~ =P~

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare