collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188593 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #4675 on: July 20, 2011, 11:36:36 PM »
finally somebody agrees with me. Capcom is  on bs with this. makes collectors edition absolutely worth less. But that's besides the point.  people wanna say Its  a deal because of downloadable content would cost more and look the other way. but it's really capcom saving money or  better said making money.

and capcom is sitting on a pile of money from ssf4 and mvc3 lookin down at the people buying them and  capcom saying
(click to show/hide)

they def have found a way to tap into peoples pockets. i am ok with my ssf4 ae purchase even tho i could live without Oni and e Ryu. so i can only guess whats to come with who are the confirmed final 8 of mvc3.

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 22, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
« Reply #4676 on: July 21, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »
It is odd that Rocket Racoon got picked over Howard Duck...atleast people have heard of Howard Duck. Still no Megaman? Really?

I guess they just wanted to add everyone Taskmaster takes his move from huh (ref Hawkeye) idk it just seems like they could've chose some more fan-pleasing characters

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4677 on: July 21, 2011, 01:52:12 AM »
i thought i was seein sh*t when i came in from work and checked my FB...

and i saw this here :(|) lol WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNY-EBIxvjI&feature=player_embedded#at=32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIDRuC-EoA&feature=player_embedded#at=147
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-SQ7ex8rzs&feature=relmfu#

lol all 3 freakin wishes came true again.
GHOST RIDER  :D
Firebrand
AND
Strider??...wow...so i guess capcom isnt trying to be p*ssy after all lol

The news of Vergil was ANOTHER wish of mine well aside from Nero in option..

but it makes sense. total sense. and its a no brainer. after seeing dantes ending. GR
had to roll through. then with Arthur it would have been retarded if they never considered fire brand
But strider?? lol wow that was fans choice. Vergil or nero i figured had to be in the air because of Trish and Dante
Thats a mean team waitin to happen....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:35:32 AM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #4678 on: July 21, 2011, 02:38:07 AM »
your a little late buddy. but its cool :)

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4679 on: July 21, 2011, 02:55:25 AM »
your a little late buddy. but its cool :)

lol should have known with the videos :P...ive been slavin the late hours. but anyway sh*t looks wild
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4680 on: July 21, 2011, 03:08:29 AM »
f**k YOU CAPCOM!!! really...
ok then, someone interested in buyin a copy of the original MVC3???

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #4681 on: July 21, 2011, 05:23:23 AM »
http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/21/floes-sdcc-ultimate-mvc3-impressions-and-notes/

EG.fLoE was kind enough to send over a list of things he noticed about the San Diego Comic Con build of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 exclusively for SRK. You can read them all below, and the keep an eye on fLoE’s twitter for more.

fLoE’s Notes
General stuff - Seth said factor was weakened, but it pretty much felt the same to me. Im sure its definitely tweaked in numbers but characters still died very fast with it on. The assist character life bars are not as difficult to see as it looks like in videos. Its not as easy as regular mvc3 but the change of how xfactor looks and the main character is worth the trade off imo.

When you x-factor your character goes into like a shadow mode rather then just glowing red. Im not totally sure but the game felt a little slower. Or jumps are slower in general or something, Im not totally sure but basic Dormammu combos seemed strange for no reason (?).

It also seems like the “invisible life” is gone and the full life bar is now shown (?).

The dhc glitch is gone.

The exchange glitch is gone.

Heres what i can remember for characters i played and/or saw (if theres a (?) next to something it means its an assumption and don’t take it as fact.

Akuma – Tatsu assist doesn’t cause a soft knockdown anymore you flip out now.  Lv3 xfactor Light tatsu infinite doesn’t work anymore.

Arthur – seems like he has more life? really not sure tho (?). (Editor’s Note – Arthur’s air S makes him dive to the ground very quickly now, allowing him to combo easily)

Chun – Apparently has a new move but i didn’t see it.

Ryu – 2 new moves that i saw, a charged fireball (qcf+s hold) that you can do on the ground or in the air and it wall bounces if it hits..its also invisible and just hits the opponent no matter where they are (on the ground) and charged srk (dp+s hold). Didn’t really see much use for this.

Wesker – Seemed like he had less health (?) .

Magneto – Disruptor MUCH slower, dashes seem slower, couldn’t do the old hypergrav infinite in the corner but i might have just been bad, but it felt different for sure i think fierce is slower or hypergrav comes out slower not sure. New move, cant remember if it was dp or reverse dp with any button, its whatever ISNT the counter, he basically puts like this magnetic field around you that pushes you in a direction. A version he sucks you into him, B version pushes you away, and C version sucks you to the ground. Seems REALLY good to make up for the stuff he lost.

Phoenix – she gets 1 action in the air now then she falls to the ground. I don’t know if she cant block during this state or if she just cant press a button. I doubt she cant block but its still nice that she can only throw one fireball now and cant run away with it.

She Hulk – relaunch combo seemed harder? but again i could have just been sucking (?).

Storm – New move dp/backwards dp with S. Gust of wind goes on the screen and either pushes you away (forward dp) or towards her (backwards dp). Its like magneto’s but worse.

Taskmaster – has a new move but i didn’t see it (Editor’s Note – it is a sword stab that ends in a gun shot, that currently can be seen at the end of his sword master skill chain)

Wolverine – berserker slash now much slower and not invincible. Can be hit very easily (Editor’s Note – Wolvie’s new move is called Swiss Cheese (he actually says it) and it looks like a mash move (think lightning legs).)

Strider – at first i hated him and thought he was terrible but as i played with him more i realized he’s REALLY good with the right assists and super fun. Strider/sent is basically mvc2 strider/sent but with mvc1 strider damage. The satellite disappears if you’re hit. He can otg with the bomb satellite so you can do regular air combo,tog bomb xx ragnarok and ragnarok does a TON.

I also think his air dash thingies have some kind of invincibility but im not sure how much and where it is. His keepaway game is also very good with dog/bird/satelite. He doesn’t have his ground teleport anymore, he only has 3. One that goes in the air infront, inback, and then the divekick one. He can attack after all of these and also after the airdash ones that go down/forward/up.

Orbs seems very good too but i didn’t try it much but the discs go extremely fast and it lasts for a very substantial amount of time.

Ghost Rider – he’s really weird i didn’t really get the hang of him today besides a run away strategy. His jumping s is very good does good damage and angles down/forward and goes full screen basically. His j.c is basically like ammy’s whip mode j.c where it covers a big circle. Actually now that i think about it he plays a lot like ammy in whip mode all together because he cant combo LMH like every other character, he has to do L M S for a combo.

His ground fire assist otg’s but is kinda slow. His forward whip assist seems pretty good because its fast and full screen. He also has 3 whip moves the A verson grabs you and puts you right next to him to be otg’d but all i could do was the ground fire into nothing. Maybe with an tog assist that will help him a lot. He definitely seems like a run away character.

Firebrand – would have liked to play much more with him but i was having so much fun with strider thats like what i focussed on the most. But he seems very good. He has 3 different angles to start his fly which can lead to interesting overheads/mixups. The best one seemed to be the B version which goes up/forward right above their head so its a pretty decent crossup. He also has a divekick type move d+c, but when someone was super-jumping at me and blocking it it would just bounce me back up and i could do it again. That happened 4 times so i would say that he could do that indefinitely. It might be a decent way to run away if it has good priority.

The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4682 on: July 21, 2011, 05:35:58 AM »

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #4683 on: July 21, 2011, 05:46:07 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Oh the love capcom must feel right now.........lol I plan on havin a trip to their HQ in Japan and giving them their game back
(click to show/hide)
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4684 on: July 21, 2011, 07:32:32 AM »
Oh the love capcom must feel right now.........lol I plan on havin a trip to their HQ in Japan and giving them their game back
(click to show/hide)
Too soon?  :-??

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #4685 on: July 21, 2011, 07:39:18 AM »
I heard 6 Marvel and 6 Capcom chars are going to be in the roster. I will exclude the 4 chars (which is 2 chars from each company) from the roster, but list which haven't been announced. From what I heard:

Capcom:
(click to show/hide)
Marvel:
(click to show/hide)

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4686 on: July 21, 2011, 08:04:56 AM »
Yep, that's the correct listing. And I bet if we had it our way, the list would be more like this

Capcom:
(click to show/hide)
Marvel:
(click to show/hide)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #4687 on: July 21, 2011, 09:34:42 AM »
I might be late on this but, did anyone else notice this Cyber Akuma?

Probably just another costume  xp
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4688 on: July 21, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
Something I threw together with the existing artwork:

Stupid Raccoon.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:44:30 PM by Acey »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #4689 on: July 21, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
Ahaha, you are sooooo right about "Stupid Raccoon".

(click to show/hide)
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #4690 on: July 21, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
It's kind of sad that the characters coming in is a complete sausage fest, but whatev I guess.
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #4691 on: July 21, 2011, 11:11:37 AM »
What i wanna kno is why isnt there any other black heroes in there.... i mean they only have storm.. what the heck.... Now i kno tons of people who luv Blade, Black Panther, Spike, or Luke Cage etc, what the heck man?....

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #4692 on: July 21, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »
I am not buying this and I should have been traded in my old MvC3 a week after I purchased it. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline adricelo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 12, 2012, 03:09:50 PM
« Reply #4693 on: July 21, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
 =P~ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :w00t:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4694 on: July 21, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »
What i wanna kno is why isnt there any other black heroes in there.... i mean they only have storm.. what the heck.... Now i kno tons of people who luv Blade, Black Panther, Spike, or Luke Cage etc, what the heck man?....

I've become kind of numb to this after a while, video game makers start with white people, then add black people later to add "Variety", that's my opinion anyways. You have a strong point, I want Cage or Black Panther if nothing else, both are having strong runs in the comics right now too.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #4695 on: July 21, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »

oh yes, now we add chars based on their race or skin color. GREAT.

The next step Is:

- To add chars based on their religions
- To add chars based on the sexual orientation (well, Marvel was playing on the past)

Great, just great comment...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4696 on: July 21, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »
So what your implying is that you don't want any more black superheroes?

Post Merge: July 21, 2011, 12:46:57 PM
Ahaha, you are sooooo right about "Stupid Raccoon".

(click to show/hide)
Viewtiful Joe (and its sequel) are great games. Plus the character himself is pretty rad (granted he can be annoying at times but no one's perfect)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:16:54 PM by HyperSonic92 »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4697 on: July 21, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »
I think everyone wants a character they can relate to, and skin color goes a long way towards identity. And so Jewish people like to see Jewish heroes, and gay men like to see gay men in comics. Personally I'm waiting for the accountant super hero. I imagine him just like Captain America except he understands corporate finance.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #4698 on: July 21, 2011, 12:53:38 PM »
So what your implying is that you don't want any more black superheroes?

Post Merge: July 21, 2011, 12:46:57 PM
Viewtiful Joe (and its sequel) are great games. Plus the character himself is pretty rad (granted he can be annoying at times but no one's perfect)

(click to show/hide)
No he's not saying that your point of view about including another black character is wrong. Why not a Asian, or a Hispanic  character. Race or any thing like religions or sexual orientation, etc shouldnt be the reason to include or exclude a character. Its nothing against African people at all.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 06:16:05 AM
« Reply #4699 on: July 21, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
I love everything.. except...

Rocket Raccoon?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF!
I agree !!!

Me three. Howard would be decent than this.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare