collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188349 times)

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #4025 on: March 18, 2011, 05:34:09 AM »
lol went to give gf good night and i fell asleep, well ill go to bed for good now. Good fights everyone. Xcept blood, that was very douche and uncool
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:40:03 AM by vyn »

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4026 on: March 18, 2011, 05:46:07 AM »
How to beat sentinel

This was a GREAT strategy that you posted Acey. Thank you very much. It helped a lot against Sic1. Combined with something I already had in mind, it has worked wonders. I made him change his strategy, which lowered my lossing ratio against him, since we now have more even matches, and that is a HUGE plus...  :w00t:

Best "Beat Sentinel" guide hands down...  :thumbsup:

Post Merge: March 18, 2011, 05:49:19 AM
lol went to give gf good night and i fell asleep, well ill go to bed for good now. Good fights everyone. Xcept blood, that was very douche and uncool

Missed you Vyn. Anyway, very good fights everyone, and Blood Ninja, I am looking forward to our next encounter. 2win/3losses just doesn't cut it. I got your number. Remember, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"...  [-X

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #4027 on: March 18, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »
@ vyn Lol what did I do?

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4028 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »
Is it wrong that out of all the "hated" characters like MODOK and Arthur, I really wanted Sentinel out of the game?

This guide really helps. Thanks Acey

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #4029 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »
Is it wrong that out of all the "hated" characters like MODOK and Arthur, I really wanted Sentinel out of the game?

This guide really helps. Thanks Acey

You are not wrong my man. You just have your eyes open and see the truth...  ::salute::

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4030 on: March 18, 2011, 01:49:10 PM »
You are not wrong my man. You just have your eyes open and see the truth...  ::salute::
I'm just saying, why not Rogue, Gambit, Juggernaut, or maybe newcomers like Nightcrawler, Mystique, or Beast

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4031 on: March 18, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »
gimmie JIn satome and captain commando. thats all i need. >:D

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4032 on: March 18, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »
You are both right, I would have preferred B.B. Hood, Jin Saotome and Juggernaut. If not, someone like Carnage, Nightcrawler, Ghost Rider, Cable, Gambit or Rogue...  :-??

Anyway, here are some videos from last night's IMT lobby...  :w00t:

The first match was a typical match between Malik and I, but this one had a great comeback from both of us, including an INCREDIBLE LAST MINUTE COMEBACK with ZERO seconds on the clock, needless to say, it was an AWESOME FINISH...FOR THE RECORDS...  :P

The second match was BoodNinja getting PAYBACK for our last two matches. I gotta say, he got my dog's number after that...  \-/o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpyoYZ3yFBc&feature=channel_video_title#

The first match in this second video is against Shadaloo. He is very good with Cap America and Iron Man, but he needs to find a third player. I think we will start to see Akuma more often...  ;)

The second match was my fifth encounter with BoodNinja. He won again making it 3wins/2 losses in his favor. Still, he always brings that lag as a combo breaking strategy...lol...Anyway, I have to give him props. He developed a good strategy to neutralize my dog. Sadly, we didn't have a chance to play again that night, but I am beginning to see another rivalry being born...  :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAYF44oHchI&feature=channel_video_title#
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:17:48 AM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Malik

• C.R.O.M - Malik the Demon Hunter, Winner of Round 4 in Last Person to Post Wins!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 22, 2012, 04:00:21 PM
  • Dormammu- ''I shall Strike you down demon hunter''
    • ecwjonhmorrison.piczo.com
    • Email
« Reply #4033 on: March 18, 2011, 03:10:30 PM »
The first match was a typical match between Malik and I, but this one had a great comeback from both of us, including an INCREDIBLE LAST MINUTE COMEBACK, needless to say, it was an AWESOME FINISH...FOR THE RECORDS...  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpyoYZ3yFBc&feature=channel_video_title#
Now i must Study XD

Still.... I beat Sic  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :DxDie  :DxDie :DxDie

*Dormammu sprite edited by me*

Dormammu - ''I Will Slay You!!!''

Kratos - ''You Will Not See The End Of This Day!''

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #4034 on: March 18, 2011, 03:15:23 PM »
Great Games Last night sadly i got work till like 10 x.x but when i get home hopefully we can play again.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Malik

• C.R.O.M - Malik the Demon Hunter, Winner of Round 4 in Last Person to Post Wins!
  • Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #4035 on: March 18, 2011, 03:19:13 PM »
Great Games Last night sadly i got work till like 10 x.x but when i get home hopefully we can play again.
Of course you can... we never sleep @^@
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4036 on: March 18, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
Now i must Study XD

Still.... I beat Sic  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :DxDie  :DxDie :DxDie

:DxDie

Of course you can... we never sleep @^@
(click to show/hide)

We actually don't...  ;D

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #4037 on: March 18, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »
i love seeing how happy people get when they beat me... it makes this game even more fun.

Offline Malik

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #4038 on: March 18, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »
i love seeing how happy people get when they beat me... it makes this game even more fun.
I feel so powerful XD  

:DxDie

We actually don't...  ;D

Yeah we really don't :DxDie

Hey remember the dude that got all mad and crap :D
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4039 on: March 18, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »

Here we have good old loving and charitable Sic at his best. He beats the cr*p out of us mercilessly and leaves us with emotionally scarring trauma for the rest of our lives, just so we can enjoy a few minutes of happiness every time we get the chance to beat him. That is why he is the Sic1... :DxDie

Post Merge: March 18, 2011, 03:39:31 PM

Hey remember the dude that got all mad and crap :D
(click to show/hide)

That was too funny. That dude came with an attitude and everything. He was saying we were hating because we said his Sentinel wasn't as good as Sic's and you said that he wasn't as concentrated as Sic, and as soon as I beat him he left...  :DxDie

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #4040 on: March 18, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »
Whenever I'm alone or sad i just think of the time i beat sic and i get extremely happy xD

I hope he gets on tonight it's fun playing against him, his sentinel is beast.

(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4041 on: March 18, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »
Whenever I'm alone or sad i just think of the time i beat sic and i get extremely happy xD

I hope he gets on tonight it's fun playing against him, his sentinel is beast.

Apparently Sic is fighting for a better world... :DxDie

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #4042 on: March 18, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »
went for a couple of fights using sentinel again (good way to study him) and i love how people go all out on him like using whatever combo they know, xfactor, 3 supers only to face hulk next with no xfactor or super bars.

I guess i understand cuz most sentinel players suck as soon as the robot go down but not me sir, not me.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #4043 on: March 18, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »
I LOVE SHUMA IN THIS GAME.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4044 on: March 18, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
OK, so here is the strategy everyone in IMT is looking for…The Way to Beat Sic1’s Sentinel...for now…   ;D

The first video shows how devastating Sentinel can be, although, I don’t think it clearly shows how Sic1 uses him now, since he had used his X-Factor by mistake and was a bit in "desperate" mode, and even missed a few combos, which doesn't happen anymore. I even got excited because I was expecting to face Non-X-Factor Akuma, which is a beast on it's own. He usually saves X-Factor for Akuma at the end and that is why he started spamming. I wish you could have heard him at the other side of the mic...   :DxDie

Also, I have to say that it was recorded when Sic started using Sentinel. He has become so much better than that. The team I used in this video and the skills I had at the time wouldn’t last a full minute against Sic’s current Sentinel. I wish I had a more current video, but this will have to do. I'm sure most of you have already faced him recently, so you know what I mean.  :-??

In this video I played an “in your face” type of match, which is the complete oposite of what you should do. You will see the difference in the way I play him now and why I was forced to change my team in the second video.   ;*))

PS. G Lux was the one that forced me to change my team, but Sic1 was the one that made me keep it...  ;)

PSS. Keep in mind that there is some strong language...   :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvu5nny0_Q&feature=channel_video_title#

This next video was recorded during last night's matches at our IMT PS3 lobby, and it was our next match after I had beaten him, so I knew the strategy worked...  :cool

OK, so here is the video that shows the strategy to beat Sic1's Sentinel that everyone has been looking for. Notice that I have learned to respect Sentinel. I mean, to really, really respect him. You have to hit and run, block constantly, keep your distance, and exploit the use of a good helper, in this case, Dante. As soon as you find an opening, dash into him and let him have it. The opening is just a split second, but is there. You will usually find it right after he misses a kick or the “Destroy” laser, for this you have to bait him. Also, notice that because of this strategy he was not able to land any of his devastating combos, making his sporadic hits acceptable...  ^-^

It does require a lot of patience, great blocking and complete concentration, because if you make one single mistake, you will lose a character, like it happened on the video.  #:-S

I did not win the match since he spammed TWO X-Factor Hadoken’s on me  \-/o, but it clearly shows how to neutralize his main threat, Sentinel…   :thumbsup:

Anyway, I am happy to finally say that from now on we will have some fair fights, at least, until he evolves and finds a new strategy, like he always does...lol...Bring It !!!  \-/o

PS. Thank you Acey, for posting that Sentinel Strategy video. I had already formulated the "hit and run/ helper" strategy but had no idea that he was vulnerable on his first 12 frames of animation after missing a kick, which allows me to go for the kill...  :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK63wjUDNNc&feature=channel_video_title#

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:06:34 PM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Malik

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #4045 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »
Yes :w00t: nice vids ;)

@Sic
If i were i'd change my team right about now  :DxDie

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4046 on: March 18, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
It does require a lot of patience, great blocking and complete concentration, because if you make one single mistake, you will lose a character, like it happened on the video.  #:-S

And thats why i said i have to be mentally in the mood for that kind of scrap lol Sic 1 kinda plays like a friend of mine that used to cream me in Mvc2 with infinite combos till i was dead in the air. I mean it was fun up until a certain point, but then i just couldnt do it anymore it was too much work to beat the dude #:-S. Yeh i beat em some times but he beat me the most. After a while i didnt car eif i won once during the session. At least i won lol.. only time it was even steven was in SF3rd strike at the time. Cuz thats my universe. SF. In Mvc3 your blocking and combo game has to be on point cuz one slip up and your roasted. So trust me i already analyzed sic 1s style once i played em that first time. Hes beatable but just dont f*ck up or your done. I can respect that.
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4047 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »

Yes :w00t: nice vids ;)

@Sic
If i were i'd change my team right about now  :DxDie

I really don't think that will happen, he will just find a way to get past it and we will just have to start all over again in order to find a new strategy...   :DxDie

PS. Your Chun Li helper is great for this strategy...  ;)

And thats why i said i have to be mentally in the mood for that kind of scrap lol Sic 1 kinda plays like a friend of mine that used to cream me in Mvc2 with infinite combos till i was dead in the air. I mean it was fun up until a certain point, but then i just couldnt do it anymore it was too much work to beat the dude #:-S. Yeh i beat em some times but he beat me the most. After a while i didnt car eif i won once during the session. At least i won lol.. only time it was even steven was in SF3rd strike at the time. Cuz thats my universe. SF. In Mvc3 your blocking and combo game has to be on point cuz one slip up and your roasted. So trust me i already analyzed sic 1s style once i played em that first time. Hes beatable but just dont f*ck up or your done. I can respect that.

I completely understand and agree...  ;D

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #4048 on: March 18, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
haha wouldnt say sic needs to change his team cuz he is about to get his butt kicked after seeing how manolo was able to take down two of his characters just yet.

What is very useful is getting to see his sent in action against someone else so big tnx for the videos.

Id like to know why sic doesnt use flight+air Heavy or plain Air Heavy to start combos, going straight for the launcher in the air has little range and is slower. Ive found air H extremely useful and it has a longer guard stun than the launcher so even if guarded its easier to connect his godly crouch Medium afterwards to start combos.

Some random sentinel forces here and there to keep random assists away would be good too or just using assits yourself. I usually send akuma assist when i use ground launcher in case it gets blocked or countered. When using Stand heavy i use him too if enemy is close, if it all gets guarded auma gives me enough time to fly in.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:33:57 PM by vyn »

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #4049 on: March 18, 2011, 09:34:07 PM »
haha wouldnt say sic needs to change his team cuz he is about to get his butt kicked after seeing how manolo was able to take down two of his characters just yet.

What is very useful is getting to see his sent in action against someone else so big tnx for the videos.

Id like to know why sic doesnt use flight+air Heavy or plain Air Heavy to start combos, going straight for the launcher in the air has little range and is slower. Ive found air H extremely useful and it has a longer guard stun than the launcher so even if guarded its easier to connect his godly crouch Medium afterwards to start combos.

Some random sentinel forces here and there to keep random assists away would be good too or just using assits yourself. I usually send akuma assist when i use ground launcher in case it gets blocked.

Now why would you say all that Vyn?   /:O

We are trying to win here, not give him ideas...  [-X

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare