collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188572 times)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #3950 on: March 16, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
morrigan+double team ultra+ xfactor= one of the cheapest/annoying things in this game all this guy did was crouch and mash the hell out of square. im surprised i beat him

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3951 on: March 16, 2011, 10:15:08 PM »
morrigan+double team ultra+ xfactor= one of the cheapest/annoying things in this game all this guy did was crouch and mash the hell out of square. im surprised i beat him
You know what else is annoying? Vyn + Akuma + X Factor. lol

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3952 on: March 16, 2011, 10:18:13 PM »
XD

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #3953 on: March 16, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
I LOVE akuma in this game.

Tatsu combos into launcher against the wall, and since tatsu goes through EVERYTHING... It's easy to get in with him.

then you air combo (usually Via light, medium, hard, hard Tatsu) into that multi air hadouken spam.

You know where I learned that from? Your akuma Vyn.

I really wish I could get better with his OTG but it's so hard to land, and not having the game puts a damper on that.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:21:49 PM by -Whiplash- »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #3954 on: March 16, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »
What makes the OTG perfect most times is the air M,M,S,Sp, just trigger his medium OTG as soon as you land and enemy will bounce. Now in the case you mess up which happens to me often you will most likely land the OTG behind your enemy ready to try again!!! :). Ive seen SRK posts saying you are supposed to delay the air combo and keep it short but delaying is a lot harder.

Oh and tatsu into launcher doesnt need to be in the corner, just take half a step forward when landing from tatsu and launcher will connect anywhere on the screen though its kinda tricky, easier against big dudes and extremely hard against viewutiful joe and that damn dog spAmmy.

Profit
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:15:25 AM by vyn »

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3955 on: March 17, 2011, 12:33:50 AM »
have not been able to enjoy this game recently. in ranked match i've only been running into spammers. just had a match which i hate to admit i rage quieted bcause this guy ONLY used dormamu's black hole and that pillar crap thats like black heart's ice  and and when i got close i got hit with that arrow thing that launches u across the screen. all this while he's spamming sentinel assist -___-

I know what you are saying. Over 60% of my losses on ranked matches on XBL and PSN were against spammers. I hate when people play the keep away/spamming game, especially when they do it with Sentinel, Storm, Arthur or Doom. They can be sooo cheap and annoying, plus you can't get close to them unless you spam too, but by that time you are already pinned and can't get out of defense mode.

There is no skill in spamming projectiles, or Sentinel's helper, or his Hard Kick ridiculous laser.    \-/o

Post Merge: March 17, 2011, 01:00:29 AM

I had to record and post these three videos. This was last night and it was the second time JDubbs and I ever played against each other. The first time was in the first week the game came out and he destroyed me like 3 or 4 times before he left. I heard he is a beast on MvC2, but I never played that game online.

These videos really show why everyone hates my Amaterasu, Wesker and Dante trio, especially Amaterasu, which JDubbs despises.  :DxDie

Dubbs is a great opponent in MvC3. He has great defense, uses helpers extremely well and can dish out some punishing combos.  :thumbsup:

The second and third videos are the best, but I suggest you watch all three videos of matches I recorded against him. They were all incredibly great fights full of tactics, devastating combos, incredible comebacks and lots of patience. He did not make it easy at all.  #:-S

My team is Amaterasu, Wesker and Dante in all of them, all in white…  :w00t:

In the first match in this first video you can see that we are still trying to get a feel for each other’s gameplay. Although it is a good match, there was a lot of patience in finding openings.

In the second match in this video, he destroyed me at the beginning with V. Joe and Phoenix, and although I got Payback against both of them, I was already crippled and couldn’t face the might of “X-Factor” Hulk at the end.

The third match had the MOST INCREDIBLE FINISH I have ever seen. It was a very close match, but that ending was sick.  :D

You can see right away in the first match of this second video that we finally understood our tactics and knew a bit more what to expect from each other, so these were all out “gloves are off” great matches, with lots of amazingly devastating combos, excellent use of helpers (They were all over the place), great defense and INCREDIBLE COMEBACKS.  :P

The second match was so intense that we did not allow many combos to get in, but the action was all over the place. It was a great comeback though.  ;D

The third match was even more intense and this really was an incredible comeback both ways.  :)

Again, my team is Amaterasu, Wesker and Dante, all in white…  :w00t:

The first match in this third video is Payback from our first encounter against his A Team. Again my team is Amaterasu, Wesker and Dante, all in white…  :w00t:

The second match in this video was a very tough and very close match which could only be determined by time.

The third match in this video was great. He wanted to destroy Amaterasu so bad that he even forced her in again so she wouldn't escape. My battery ran out at the end of the video, but I won that match and went on to an 8 match winning streak, until Sic1 showed up and destroyed both of us, and Rage45 that showed up, amassing a 17 game winning streak until finally I was able to beat him after losing 8 straight. After that we all got a boost in moral and he was beaten a few more times. Crazy !!!   \-/o

Also, Mr. A aka The Question, wanted me to record our first match after he went back for some rigorous training after the first time we met, to show that he destroyed me with Haggar. Needless to say, I got some sweet payback, but sadly, I did not record any of the following matches since my cellphone’s battery died at the end of this video because I forgot to stop recording.  :P

Post Merge: March 17, 2011, 01:27:45 AM

PS. I just noticed that tehe videos look and flow a lot smoother if you click on their link and see them directly on YouTube.

Just in case, here is a link to my YouTube channel...  :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/manolostyle777?feature=mhum

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:54:09 AM by ManoloStyle »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #3956 on: March 17, 2011, 01:34:36 AM »
Ran Damn dude, I'm missing all the action this week...

F***ing Wesker and that stupid mutt...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3957 on: March 17, 2011, 02:03:00 AM »
I hate when people play the keep away/spamming game, especially when they do it with Sentinel, Storm, Arthur or Doom. They can be sooo cheap and annoying, plus you can't get close to them unless you spam too, but by that time you are already pinned and can't get out of defense mode.

There is no skill in spamming projectiles, or Sentinel's helper, or his Hard Kick ridiculous laser.  \-/o

Im gonna tell ya straight up. If you play like a couple of my friends youll get a respectful match. Im more of a SF fan. If you gonna keep me away the whole match and i see chars like sentinel, storm, magneto, doom or any chars like that im automatically trying to take you down as quick as possible. spamming etc. Ive earned my stripes beating 299 hit combo crazy appoenents in mvc2. i played that game so much and struggled to win & beat so many people i got tired of it. its just too much work man. if you spamming and im spamming its just boring man *Iceman ThumbsDown!*. i only played two people and we went at it for a good hour in change just rocking each other with combos and projectiles. it was win for win. or close matches. Those were my close homies. I expect folks to spam in MVC3 cuz its made that way. after playing sic 1 that one time and him beating me like 6 times straight when i first got the game it only made me want to care to learn to use those chars i had better and understand the system. i almost beat the cat a few times and choked on dumb mistakes or just couldnt block for some reason o.O# :-w. i was annoyed but then i laughed. i was just happy i got rid of at least two of his fighters and chipped down his last. i was satisfied with that at the time. He brought the pain in a way where i wanted to care to learn to play the game a bit better and not lose to stupid sh*t. when he just left the game at the 6th match i lost, me as a heavy fighter gamer was like  \-/o damn him!!! I wanna play more i aint done!! lol

all in good fun though ;*)). i dont care about mvc3 like i do SSF4 or SF in general. Its a cheap game :-??

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #3958 on: March 17, 2011, 02:09:47 AM »
Ran Damn dude, I'm missing all the action this week...

F***ing Wesker and that stupid mutt...

Yes. You are definitely missing out...   :DxDie

Im gonna tell ya straight up. If you play like a couple of my friends youll get a respectful match. Im more of a SF fan. If you gonna keep me away the whole match and i see chars like sentinel, storm, magneto, doom or any chars like that im automatically trying to take you down as quick as possible. spamming etc. Ive earned my stripes beating 299 hit combo crazy appoenents in mvc2. i played that game so much and struggled to win & beat so many people i got tired of it. its just too much work man. if you spamming and im spamming its just boring man *Iceman ThumbsDown!*. i only played two people and we went at it for a good hour in change just rocking each other with combos and projectiles. it was win for win. or close matches. Those were my close homies. I expect folks to spam in MVC3 cuz its made that way. after playing sic 1 that one time and him beating me like 6 times straight when i first got the game it only made me want to care to learn to use those chars i had better and understand the system. i almost beat the cat a few times and choked on dumb mistakes or just couldnt block for some reason o.O# :-w. i was annoyed but then i laughed. i was just happy i got rid of at least two of his fighters and chipped down his last. i was satisfied with that at the time. He brought the pain in a way where i wanted to care to learn to play the game a bit better and not lose to stupid sh*t. when he just left the game at the 6th match i lost, me as a heavy fighter gamer was like  \-/o damn him!!! I wanna play more i aint done!! lol

all in good fun though ;*)). i dont care about mvc3 like i do SSF4 or SF in general. Its a cheap game :-??

I know exactly what you mean about playing with Sic1. He does make you wanna get better, since you can't make one single mistake or he'll make you pay.  ~X(

I feel the same way every time he leaves. It's like DUDE I wanted to try something new I just noticed or I have a new strategy to take down Sentinel quicker...   :D

Frickin' Sic and his Sentinel. It's rubbish I tell you, rubbish... \-/o

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3959 on: March 17, 2011, 02:16:48 AM »
*pulls out note book and starts taking notes down* sic 1 , uses sentinel, must take out with...... got it

Manolostyle wesker...dangerous ,  when using dante , has an affinity here or there to accidently hit the the hyper move before character jumpos on screen toi fight,,,check

his Amy....boot the Dog with ...... noted.

against demonkai..use any character against him but ......  and keep him close range and  do not spam or he will....... check!

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3960 on: March 17, 2011, 02:31:45 AM »
against demonkai..use any character against him but ......  and keep him close range and  do not spam or he will....... check!

lol that book of notes wont be official to we duel it out lol i tend to change and adjust for the win. just dont spam cuz i will :| lol
And dont be like Mars on my FB page. Hes a cool dude but when you rage quit on me twice in two different games that aint cool. i didnt give em grief but on the low i was like that was some cornball @ss crap. He did win also. Im all for a good whippin. i just take it a bit more seriously in SF though cuz ive been playing that series for years now.

i gotta crash it up with manolostyle though since hes on my friend list 8). i gotta play when im in the mood. mentally mvc3 drains me lol
i gotta keep up with all that sh*t on the screen and hope i block 8=|. if he happens to be like sic 1 hell yeh i gotta be in the mood for abuse if its comin  :D

>:-(-|

i wanna duel with sabaki and Vyn in SSF4 though :O*D. im a bit rusty but i think those cats prolly got some cool tricks up the sleeve. Especially if they went all the way to Japan to try SSF4 AE
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #3961 on: March 17, 2011, 02:38:40 AM »
*takes out notebook again*

adding Vyn to the ssf4 nightmare slaughter i must deliever.  >:D >:D >:D >:D

lawd i cant wait o get my net running! going to the mall this weekend to get my hardrive and wifi. :thumbsup:

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #3962 on: March 17, 2011, 03:19:51 AM »
awesome and yes im probably the suckiest of these late night lobbies

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3963 on: March 17, 2011, 04:23:42 AM »
awesome and yes im probably the suckiest of these late night lobbies
He's trying to hustle you! Beware his Akuma!

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #3964 on: March 17, 2011, 04:48:59 AM »
Good games guys i had fun.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Malik

• C.R.O.M - Malik the Demon Hunter, Winner of Round 4 in Last Person to Post Wins!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 22, 2012, 04:00:21 PM
  • Dormammu- ''I shall Strike you down demon hunter''
    • ecwjonhmorrison.piczo.com
    • Email
« Reply #3965 on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:09 AM »
Indeed, you  are a pro. no doubt about it.

*Dormammu sprite edited by me*

Dormammu - ''I Will Slay You!!!''

Kratos - ''You Will Not See The End Of This Day!''

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3966 on: March 17, 2011, 04:58:24 AM »
He truely is a ninja. He even is silent like a ninja. lol

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #3967 on: March 17, 2011, 05:08:06 AM »
Thanks guys, First thing i do after this tylenol Pm wears off is buy a mic.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #3968 on: March 17, 2011, 05:17:43 AM »
Wait a minute, when I came in ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦ wasn't there, right? I don't think I saw him or played him, correct?

Wait a minute, when I came in ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦ wasn't there, right? I don't think we fought, correct?

Post Merge: March 17, 2011, 05:47:38 AM

PS. Guys, here is a link to my YouTube channel. A lot of cool MvC3 videos there...  :w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/user/manolostyle777?feature=mhum

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:48:07 AM by ManoloStyle »

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #3970 on: March 17, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »
How to beat sentinel

Offline Malik

• C.R.O.M - Malik the Demon Hunter, Winner of Round 4 in Last Person to Post Wins!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 22, 2012, 04:00:21 PM
  • Dormammu- ''I shall Strike you down demon hunter''
    • ecwjonhmorrison.piczo.com
    • Email
« Reply #3971 on: March 17, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
How to beat sentinel

ACEY!!!! this is awesome XD  ^^(PM)^

*Dormammu sprite edited by me*

Dormammu - ''I Will Slay You!!!''

Kratos - ''You Will Not See The End Of This Day!''

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3972 on: March 17, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »
How to beat sentinel

:DxDie Was that Hitler as the Sentinel force? lol
Good tips though.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #3973 on: March 17, 2011, 05:26:40 PM »
Now there are no excuses.  :cool

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3974 on: March 17, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »
Now there are no excuses.  :cool

:lies: One excuse: Sic. lol

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare