collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 189354 times)

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #2850 on: January 25, 2011, 04:18:09 AM »
 8=|

WTF! Capcom, Marvel, now here?
these Butt Faces are everywere now........
Anyway

EDIT: I killed the link to the site. It has a virus problem.....Just leting you know.

A classic crossover fighting series returns in February when Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds slams into stores. With the game less than a month away, we talked to MvC 3’s producer and director Ryota Niitsuma.

Strategy Informer: Street Fighter IV sparked a revival for the fighting genre. Was Capcom’s decision to return to the Marvel vs. Capcom series inspired by its success or were plans already in the works?

Ryota Niitsuma: The actual development of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had started before that of Street Fighter IV. The success of SFIV has given backwind to the project but it certainly wasn’t a trigger itself.

Strategy Informer: Were the recent launches of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii and the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 port for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network used to gather player feedback for MvC 3?

Ryota Niitsuma: It wasn’t that we had this planned out strictly speaking but it’s true that it’s ended up that way and we’ve seen what the market has wanted through the releases of those two titles.

Strategy Informer: Both TvC and MvC 2 were critically well-received but how well do you think they went down with gamers and were you happy with their sales numbers?

Ryota Niitsuma: Everything is linked here. Although neither Tatsunoko vs. Capcom or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on XBLA and PSN have done millions, they certainly haven’t lost the company money. This has given backwind to Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in that we haven’t received any budget reductions which could have happened had MvC 2 or TvC flopped. As a result we were able to do the full production and didn’t have to compromise on any of the factors that we had planned out.

Strategy Informer: What were the factors behind the move to the three dimensional look and away from the 2D sprites of the past games?

Ryota Niitsuma: Obviously, Tatsunoko characters were originally from anime and Marvel’s originally from comics, meaning both were traditionally drawn in 2D. We think that using three dimensional models we’re able to show the characters in more detail – allowing us to portray them in 360 degrees along with the other effects that come from 3D rendering - so we felt that this was the way forward in making the characters more believable, in a sense.

Strategy Informer: How much involvement does Marvel have in the game’s development? For example, do they request certain characters be included or excluded?

Ryota Niitsuma: Everything was up for discussion. If the topic in question was more about the game than Marvel in general did not really comment because they knew that we knew about our games more than any one else. As for Marvel characters and how they are shown in the game they were more specific – obviously they wanted to protect their own property. When it comes to character selection it sits in the middle – it’s about the game but also about the characters. We had lengthy discussions about what characters were to be selected but it was always a collaboration and there was almost nothing where one side really had to fight for something to be realised.

Strategy Informer: You were the producer on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. How does working with Marvel compare with working with Tatsunoko?

Ryota Niitsuma: A general attitude towards business. Tatsunoko primarily work in Japan whereas Marvel is more of a global company. The way things are done like approval processes are different too but we had all this in mind so it wasn’t an issue. Time differences sometimes made things tough but otherwise everything went smoothly.

Strategy Informer: Are there any Capcom or Marvel characters you personally made a push to include?

Ryota Niitsuma: In terms of Marvel characters we pushed for Shuma-Goroth - that’s one of Capcom’s favourite Marvel characters and he appeared in MvC 2. We really wanted him but Marvel were quite reluctant to have him in the game because they felt there were more appropriate characters that could fill that slot out of the limited number that could be included in the game. In the end our passion was acknowledged by Marvel and they’ve allowed us to include him as DLC.

In terms of Capcom characters we wanted to push for one of the most popular franchise heroes we have which is Dante from Devil May Cry. There was a lot of work involved in this. People seem to think that because it’s internal that it’s easy but in fact within Capcom each franchise is heavily guarded by its individual producer. We had to have a pretty lengthy conversation with the producer of DMC but we finally won approval from him to have Dante from Devil May Cry 3 in the game.

Strategy Informer: Street Fighter’s Ken is a notably absent from the roster of playable fighters. What were the reasons for leaving him out, especially given his popularity with players of Street Fighter IV?

Ryota Niitsuma: A big difference between the last game is that MvC 3 doesn’t have any clone characters - every single character has a unique fighting style. Even though Ryu and Akuma appear similar we considered those two to have different fighting styles. We have limited ourselves to four Street Fighter characters since this is a vs. Capcom title and not a vs. Street Fighter one. We wanted this to be a celebration of Capcom and the addition of Ken would make it a lopsided roster toward one franchise.

Strategy Informer: Marvel writer Frank Tieri mentioned at the MvC 3 panel at Comic-Con last year that Marvel and Capcom characters outside of the playable roster will make cameo appearances at certain points, specifically in the game’s endings. Can you expand on this and tell us which characters these will be?

Ryota Niitsuma: I don’t recall seeing the models for any Marvel characters appearing in this manner but there will be Capcom characters in the background of some stages. Tyrant is in the back of the Resident Evil stage and Firebrand in Ghosts ‘n Goblins stage, for example.

Strategy Informer: Marvel’s Shuma-Gorath and Resident Evil’s Jill Valentine have been announced as early downloadable content. Are there any plans beyond those for more character and maybe costumes downloads?

Ryota Niitsuma: We’ve not got plans in place - nothing has been decided at this time.

Thanks to Niitsuma-san and Capcom for giving us a little more insight into the game. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds launches worldwide mid-Feburary on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #2851 on: January 25, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »
8=|

WTF! Capcom, Marvel, now here?
these Butt Faces are everywere now........

You mean Capcom's website and Marvel's website?
Wow, SpamBots are everywhere...  What's going on?  /:O :-??

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline onslaught1

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2013, 05:20:07 AM
« Reply #2852 on: January 25, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »
i never understand what they mean by "megaman has limited moveset" or what not.       megaman has like hundreds of weopons n theyre all different.     i admit the megaman from mvc 1 and 2 did have very lil moves,    i dunno i dont care anymore bout this anymore.          i jus wanna play this game now

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2853 on: January 25, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »
Well, I find it funny that while Megaman has now officially been deconfirmed (damnit...now I'm gonna have to hear the rants about how I was SO sure Mega was gonna be the last Capcom reveal...*sigh* oh well... :-??) while he has been deconfirmed, there was NO word on him getting a DLC. So, let me get this straight: the character who is most likely labeled as Capcom's mascot is now out with no word of DLC, but Phoenix Wright who, according to Capcom themselves, has no moveset for a proper fighting game, is already considered for DLC because of the high demand for him and his fanbase.

Hmmmm...hey, Capcom? Let's recap:

Megaman: some like 30+ games, at least HALF of which are highly praises and still played to this day. A CULT following that STILL rings in the ears of gamers everytime we hear new news of something tied to Megaman.

Phoenix Wright: 4 games (one of which is a crossover with another game of it's kind). In 1 or 2 of said games, he's not even the star. While people like his games, he does NO fighting in ANY of them. Putting him in a fighting game would mean MAKING a movelist for him to even actually HAVE one.

Hmmmmm...is it just me or does this whole thing seem TOTALLY butt-backwards?  :-w

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2854 on: January 25, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
Captain Falcon never fought in his games yet no one had a problem with him being in Smash Brothers

So I'm sure Phoenix Wright could work

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2855 on: January 25, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
hmmmm this definetly kinda butt backwards in what they are doing with the megaman.  as the other abpove post suggests i do agree. Pheonix wright could work, of course, but if he could then why cant megaman is the real question. ok look at it like this then

Pheonic wright , agreed would have to have a complete full moveset created from scratch cause there is no base work for him. Just a series of just ideas.
Megans on the other hand already has previous movesets from mvc1 and mvc 2 they could add more to his alrady lil arsenal. 

take out all thet characters that HAVE been in fighting games, legitimate fighting games. the ones you have left...all their moves were created from scratchwork (sorta depending whom)
So the argument isnt why capcom cant add more moves to a fan favorite and new characters ...but its really why they being so D@MN LAZY about it!!! \-/o \-/o

imma still buy the game no matter what but just my humble thought on that.

thanx capcom for MVC3 :thumbsup:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #2856 on: January 25, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »
Captain Falcon never fought in his games yet no one had a problem with him being in Smash Brothers

So I'm sure Phoenix Wright could work
true but it would be like nintendo leaving mario out of the next smash bros and instead of letting us know if he would end up being a playable character later, they tell us the chances of a completely new nintendo character of being in the game are high, while not mentioning mario's chances at all

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2857 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »
true but it would be like nintendo leaving mario out of the next smash bros and instead of letting us know if he would end up being a playable character later, they tell us the chances of a completely new nintendo character of being in the game are high, while not mentioning mario's chances at all

^^(PM)^

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2858 on: January 25, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »
@ lando , you can't really call them lazy this time lol!! Capcom Fighting Evolution(?!) = LAZY

MVC 3 = got off their tuccus and made a game lol!! even if it is looking like tvc 2 on the low lol!!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2859 on: January 25, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »
lol yeah you got a good point right there. so i give em credit for mvc3 to make up for fighting evolution...well Nestor making it mugen style so it will be better than capcoms give up one anyway. GO NESTOR! :w00t:

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2860 on: January 25, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 New Character Preview
Capcom has revealed two new characters on the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster, and we'll take an early look.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/games/xplay/#ixzz1C61OCWRW
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #2861 on: January 25, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 New Character Preview
Capcom has revealed two new characters on the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster, and we'll take an early look.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/games/xplay/#ixzz1C61OCWRW

was there something new? I couldnt didnt see anything
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #2862 on: January 25, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »
It was on X-Play, whatever it was.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 02:05:58 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #2863 on: January 25, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »
Its nothing big. They talk about jean and haggar. its there on the site if you look though the video links on the front page.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2864 on: January 25, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
Capcom Fighting Evolution(?!) = LAZY

lawwd DONT Mention that game 8=| :D...thats the game that got the lead developer of SF4 hit with hate mail at one point lol...
well so he said :-??

i have mixed feelins about Mvc3 but ill still buy it. Looks fun like TvsC for sure :thumbsup:
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #2865 on: January 25, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
@ demonkai: ima "sample" mines first heh heh.......

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2866 on: January 25, 2011, 11:01:20 PM »
@ demonkai: ima "sample" mines first heh heh.......

lol ight agreed!

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2867 on: January 26, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2868 on: January 26, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »

wtf lol..

i thought this Bot was de confirmed?

eh i guess its another gassin...

if not then,,,

YESS!! \-/o

HAIL CROM!!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2869 on: January 26, 2011, 01:07:41 PM »
Yeah, online gamers are officially screwed

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #2870 on: January 26, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »
noooooooo!!!!!  :'( they bring this cheap guy back and not megaman, or bb hood, or guile!?  o.O# shame on u capcom [-X

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #2871 on: January 26, 2011, 02:08:27 PM »
lets not get in an uproar over sentinel , keep in mind it's a hole new game in the form of tvc lol!! so he may get neutered like mags and storm too. at least cable didn't make the party!!

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #2872 on: January 26, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »
Is Arthur standing between or in sentines legs? And if Sentinel did make a come back into the fighting games, I hope they atleast gave him some knew moves. This game is getting quite droll with reoccuring characters having the exact same moves from previous games.

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #2873 on: January 26, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #2874 on: January 26, 2011, 05:18:37 PM »
this game needs the rock not john cena. a rock bottom that explodes like capamerica's final justice and a level 3 people's elbow would be epic :DxDie

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[Today at 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15