collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188353 times)

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #2200 on: November 24, 2010, 04:47:43 AM »

Are these images proof that Frank West is in MvC3?

Svensson: Sorry guys, not commenting beyond a word of warning... do not assume.

Also, an image of what is supposedly the Japanese cover art for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 also surfaced. Here's the graphic.

i said it before: WEST WAS ONE OF THE FIRST CHARS THAT ENTERED THE ROASTER

I know i'm getting annoying with stuff but  I found this on Twitter from Lupinko. The one who told everyone about Jill and Shuma as DLC. Well he placed on his twitter: http://twitter.com/lupinko

Fake? Real? your input?

fake

Offline Invader Dooms

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2012, 02:45:28 PM
  • The name I am known by is BATMAN.
« Reply #2201 on: November 24, 2010, 05:02:28 AM »
Yun0...No he wasn't. If he was, he'd be in the Japanese cover art, and I certainly don't see him.

As for the rumor mill developments, I'm gonna say it's half and half. The truth usually lies between the two different extremes. Though I'm surprised this guy isn't couching his claims in weasel terms like "they're considering" or "they're planning" so that if he's proven wrong, he has an easy denial.
Team Dooms: Tetsu, Sonic, Cutman, Elecman, and Metalman!

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #2202 on: November 24, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »
Here's a gif clip of........EP. 3???

Is that Psylocke? Or X23 with glowing hands? ~:>

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:30:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2203 on: November 24, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »
x-23
Suppose one day that coin lands on its edge

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #2204 on: November 24, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
The light is reflecting off her claws.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2205 on: November 24, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/24/dormammu-not-mvc3s-end-boss-sound-fx-changed/

In a recent blog entry for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, assistant producer, Akihito Kadowaki mentions that the sound effects in the game have underwent an overhaul, along with adding that it was rude of Capcom to imply Dormammu was the last boss in the trailers.

Akihito also mentions that they're putting out new information on a monthly basis, following along with an an earlier statement by Ryota Niitsuma that they will be revealing at least two new characters every month up until the game is released in February.

Here's a copy and paste from the translation, hit this link to read the entire write up on Capcom-Unity.

She-Hulk was supposed to have been revealed earlier than now, but it took us a while to get her up and running, which is why we waited until now for her reveal.

Some of you may remember, but I wrote on the official blog back in August about the revealing some new characters, and She-Hulk was supposed to be announced. However we weren't able to meet some of our scheduled deadlines, but we actually had work done on Dormammu finished, so we quickly decided to reveal him instead.

We actually had Dormammu debut in a kind of a "final boss" appearance, and we were planning to pull everyone along until the end. Now that I think about it, that was kind of rude of us, sorry, haha.

We'll be back with even more information in just a little while, and perhaps even more new Capcom characters and sizzling Marvel superheroes!

A link to the whole translation: http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2010/11/24/marvel_vs_capcom_3_devblog:_the_home_stretch

As we get closer to the February 15th launch date for MVC3, Kadowaki-san has updated the dev blog with recaps of a few recent announcements, goofiness with She-Hulk snafu that revealed Dormammu, and the big D's "is he/isn't he?" role as MVC3 Final Boss!

--
Hey everyone, this is Kadowaki!
Sorry for not updating the blog in a while, this is actually the first time I've written anything since the site got its major update.

What do you guys think about the new official site?
The soundtrack we've put together for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is really something, and since we started development of the game, we really wanted to give everyone a chance to listen to the character-specific soundtracks.
The sound effects have also been changed (we haven't said anything about them yet, so stay tuned!)

We've been putting out new information on a monthly basis, and I hope everyone is getting more and more excited about the game. The team is approaching the final stages of development, on our way to our February release date. We're riding a wave of excitement and hype as we finish up the game!

What did everyone think about the surprise announcement this week? We finally announced two new characters, She-Hulk and Zero from the Mega Man X series. We also announced special downloadable characters, Shuma-Gorath from the Doctor Strange series, and Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series!

We're also proud to reveal the Demon Village stage, and several modes, most notably the License Card, where you can manage your achievement progress and more! The latter was covered by our good friends at Famitsu magazine this week!

Players can purchase the downloadable characters online, so for those who haven't connected their systems to the internet, please do so once you have purchased the game! You'll be able to play against other people online as well as do many more things!

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is turning out to be a fully loaded game that will live up to the hype, I just hope that all of you fans out there can hold out just a little bit longer!

P.S. She-Hulk was supposed to have been revealed earlier than now, but it took us a while to get her up and running, which is why we waited until now for her reveal.

Some of you may remember, but I wrote on the official blog back in August about the revealing some new characters, and She-Hulk was supposed to be announced. However we weren't able to meet some of our scheduled deadlines, but we actually had work done on Dormammu finished, so we quickly decided to reveal him instead.

We actually had Dormammu debut in a kind of a "final boss" appearance, and we were planning to pull everyone along until the end. Now that I think about it, that was kind of rude of us, sorry, haha.

We'll be back with even more information in just a little while, and perhaps even more new Capcom characters and sizzling Marvel superheroes
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:33:23 PM by Dead Phoenix »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #2206 on: November 24, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »
Yun0...No he wasn't. If he was, he'd be in the Japanese cover art, and I certainly don't see him.

As for the rumor mill developments, I'm gonna say it's half and half. The truth usually lies between the two different extremes. Though I'm surprised this guy isn't couching his claims in weasel terms like "they're considering" or "they're planning" so that if he's proven wrong, he has an easy denial.

yeah, he was, but he has been chossen to be one of the last chars to be shown to the public

Offline Invader Dooms

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2012, 02:45:28 PM
  • The name I am known by is BATMAN.
« Reply #2207 on: November 24, 2010, 05:02:25 PM »
I'd like to see proof of this claim if you would please. Cuz if it's true, I'd REALLY like to know.
Team Dooms: Tetsu, Sonic, Cutman, Elecman, and Metalman!

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #2208 on: November 25, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »
i have a friend that was working for capcom america and he told us (friends) the first chars that were included, look for the first pages of this topic and there is the list i posted

Offline onslaught1

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2013, 05:20:07 AM
« Reply #2209 on: November 26, 2010, 02:31:49 PM »
final boss?  akuma or bison with the infinity gauntlet on??

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2210 on: November 27, 2010, 12:12:25 PM »
nah final boss is symbiont servbot on silver surfers board wearing green lantern ring riding vergil. And he is... PISSED.

Hail Servlord.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2211 on: November 27, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »
 o.O# not Servlord bot !  %-(

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2212 on: November 27, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »
ahh servlord Lol but really who do yuhh think is da big boss

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #2213 on: November 27, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
Well it was said on the site that the final boss was gonna be familiar to Fantastic Four fans.....I smell Galactus  >:D
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2214 on: November 27, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »
or it could be onslaught* rememba he did go to da future i think and take there sons power to alter reality
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 03:39:45 PM by junior139 »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2215 on: November 27, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
Let's guess what alt costumes are gonna be used!

I say WWII costume for Cap

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2216 on: November 27, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »
Zero with his MM:Z appearance (4/10 on likely-ness)
Red and Grey Hulk
Frank/Chuck, if either makes it
Alpha Flight Wolverine, silver Wolverine, brown Wolverine
Original armour and  MvC 1 and 2 Ironman (might be too similar)
Stealth armour Ironman
Movie Magneto
Current costume Deadpool (the one on the MUGEN char)
Beta Ray Bill for Thor

I think a lot of the MUA costumes will be in it.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2217 on: November 30, 2010, 03:16:38 AM »
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/11/30/niitsuma_on_mvc3/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201011/30036323.html (in Japanese)

Famitsu.com has posted an interview with Marvel vs Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma. Here's a bit of what Niitsuma had to say about the upcoming fighter.

On How MVC3 Got Its Start

Ten years back, Capcom shifted from a focus on fighting games to a focus on action games. However, recently, they've decided to give a try at fighting games once more, and Marvel VS Capcom 3 was one title in that lineup.

Niitsuma stressed that MVC3 did not come about because of the success of Street Fighter IV. MVC3 an SFIV started as separate projects. In fact, Capcom has been undergoing negotiations with Marvel for years.

On the MVC3 Staff

Famitsu asked if MVC3 is being made by the same people who made Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Niitsuma, producer of that title as well, replied that the MVC3 staff includes some people who worked on both games, some people who worked on Marvel vs Capcom 2, and some completely new members owing to the use of the MT Framework engine.

People who worked on MVC2's planning and direction are now in a different section within Capcom but are crossing the sectional divide and giving advice to the MVC3 staff as they continue to work on their own products.

On Characters

MVC2 used 2D sprite character visuals. MVC3 uses fully 3D visuals. The switch was very difficult, said Niitsuma. Trying to directly convert the 2D spite images to 3D models results in models with strange balance.

Asked to name the character who was most difficult to recreate for MVC3, Niitsuma replied that amongst the characters who have been revealed so far, Okami's Amaterasu takes the crown.

In choosing the characters for the game, the concept was not that they'd make new versions of the MVC2 characters, but instead that they'd make selections from the action games Capcom has released in the 10 years since MVC2. The new characters were given priority. However, this approach on its own would have ended up with poor balance in terms of speed, power, gender and other areas, so they used the MVC2 characters to support the cast.

Famitsu asked if a Monster Hunter character would appear in the game (Monster Hunter is big news around Japan at present as Monster Hunter Portable 3rd sees release tomorrow). Not this time, replied Niitsuma. While they considered it, the atmospheres for the two games are too different.

For the Marvel side of the characters, in general Capcom made the suggestions. The process actually didn't go totally smoothly. Instead of Capcom getting to use the characters that they wanted, they had to sometimes negotiate with Marvel about various possibilities. The meetings about character selection were a lot of fun though, said Niitsuma.

In terms of character counts, Niitsuma said that MVC3 will have "30 + alpha" characters. This, Famitsu noted, means that as of 11/30, there are still about 10 characters waiting to be announced. Will some of these characters take the form of download contents? Niitsuma replied that we'll have to wait for the characters' announcements.

On Music

All characters will have their own music track. Niitsuma himself is checking each BGM, and he mentioned BGM was being one particular area he'd like players to take note of. It looks like he was pretty picky, as he had the music staff do five or six retakes for some tracks.

In most cases, the musical tracks are arranged versions of the music form the original works. The tracks for the Marvel characters are in general arranged versions of the MVC2 tracks.

On Network Play

Niitsuma said that tuning the game is taking quite some time, in part due to the permutations that result from having 3 on 3 battles. Also taking up time is tuning the game's network component. Famitsu replied that Capcom has yet to discuss the game's network options and asked if there would be support for six players -- that is, a human player controlling each of the six battle participants. This was actually under consideration in the game's planning phase, but because of hurdles involving networking problems and so-forth, they did not include it this time.

In Closing...

Development on MVC3 took the approach of building a solid base and then adding content on top of that. The staff took this approach because having a lot of content wouldn't make for much of a fighting game if the balance was bad or the network play was no good.

Niitsuma said that with a solid base in place, if there are future developments, he'd like to place a greater focus on the content part of the game. Of course, it all depends on if MVC3 sells
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #2218 on: November 30, 2010, 07:19:01 AM »
what would be nice is a 3 on 3 where 6 players are playing. EAach person chooses one character. it would reqire really good team work in this mode.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #2219 on: November 30, 2010, 07:38:32 AM »
what would be nice is a 3 on 3 where 6 players are playing. EAach person chooses one character. it would reqire really good team work in this mode.

Yeah it would defently, but to form a good 3 on 3 team, i bet that would be epic. Some good teamwork and yall feal like real members of the Avengers  :D :thumbsup:

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2220 on: November 30, 2010, 04:05:51 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/30/strider-hiryu-disconfirmed-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Guy sent in word about a Tweet Ryota Niitsuma posted not too long ago explaining that Strider Hiryu would not be a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Here's a translation.

Strider Hiryu is popular overseas as well, we took him out of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, because he didn't fit in with its concept.

http://twitter.com/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/28517821235#
translation
flying dragon is a popular abroad. That has been removed because it was different this time concept.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2221 on: November 30, 2010, 05:10:26 PM »
Strider!!!
 \-/o
 :'(

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2222 on: November 30, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »
So...which fake roster is looking more closer now?

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #2223 on: November 30, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »
Strider fits in more so than half the characters on the game already!!!!
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2224 on: November 30, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »
damn no strider

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare