collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188642 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #2175 on: November 22, 2010, 11:42:46 PM »
i read that part about them not being able to incorperate his bike and surfers board.. i was like well i dont know .. then now i see F*ckin she hulk with a car rammin in and she picks it up and tosses it  , make me go  BULLSH*t capcom! yall can do that for she hulk but not for silver surfer or especially ghost rider? CMON SON who yall foolin.  Nobody else noticed that yet? who said ghost rider had to be on his bike 24/7, they do know he gets off to fight? Man they be spitting on characters and just throwin in too many fantard favs. Go deeper next time capcom, other peeps needs some shine  ( shatterstar, warpath, luke cage, Blink, M, Synch anyone?. it aint marvel unless yall let  some of the others out to play.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:47:55 PM by lando33 »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2176 on: November 22, 2010, 11:56:52 PM »
i read that part about them not being able to incorperate his bike and surfers board.. i was like well i dont know .. then now i see F*ckin she hulk with a car rammin in and she picks it up and tosses it  , make me go  BULLSH*t capcom! yall can do that for she hulk but not for silver surfer or especially ghost rider? CMON SON who yall foolin.  Nobody else noticed that yet? who said ghost rider had to be on his bike 24/7, they do know he gets off to fight? Man they be spitting on characters and just throwin in too many fantard favs. Go deeper next time capcom, other peeps needs some shine  ( shatterstar, warpath, luke cage, Blink, M, Synch anyone?. it aint marvel unless yall let  some of the others out to play.

o.O#

wow lando i had to check on what you said about "the car" which i didnt see and now im extra annoyed they act like they couldnt do anything with GRs bike

Gee^^ Thanks Lando lol
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:08:51 AM by DEMONKAI »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2177 on: November 23, 2010, 12:00:04 AM »
 :DxDie happy to show ya what i meant man. :thumbsup: dont wory i feel your pain. LMAO!

Offline Topper

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 21, 2024, 07:47:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2178 on: November 23, 2010, 12:31:09 AM »
Where is dark phoenix?

please see video...

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2179 on: November 23, 2010, 12:32:37 AM »
there's no dark phoenix in the game... yet...

is there any page or something where we fans ask caocom for ghost rider to be included in the future??? cuz if not, let's make one!! :w00t:

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #2180 on: November 23, 2010, 12:39:27 AM »
Even if not in the main game, he should atleast be DLC. It'd give them time to think about the "complex" (sarcasim) bike thing.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2181 on: November 23, 2010, 12:49:53 AM »
Mn yall know how much cash capcom and marvel could make if they stuck with dlc for mvc3? every month throw in 2 characters or heck every other month. they could go on for 2 years of dlc for this game and using the current character select sceen. If not this one they could have a patch dlc to update it to the roster growing size. I mean using the current one they could make a transparentcy of sorts for the already selected characters and if ya look really good you will see they got plenty of box slots that could be used and they are not obscure angles. The possibilities i tell ya. Mindboggling.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:55:44 AM by lando33 »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2182 on: November 23, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »
is there any page or something where we fans ask caocom for ghost rider to be included in the future??? cuz if not, let's make one!! :w00t:

Your best chance is to say your confessions at capcom community. been there for years and actually capcom Devs peep in from what i always heard or read either there or Shoryuken.com

Even if not in the main game, he should atleast be DLC. It'd give them time to think about the "complex" (sarcasim) bike thing.

Yeh im always game for that if it comes down to that. Those pnts would be worth it.

Mn yall know how much cash capcom and marvel could make if they stuck with dlc for mvc3? every month throw in 2 characters or heck every other month. they could go on for 2 years of dlc for this game and using the current character select sceen. If not this one they could have a patch dlc to update it to the roster growing size. I mean using the current one they could make a transparentcy of sorts for the already selected characters and if ya look really good you will see they got plenty of box slots that could be used and they are not obscure angles. The possibilities i tell ya. Mindboggling.

Yeh but Capcom is too lazy i see to do certain things or whatever be going on. you see most of their heavy names have left the company. so who knows man. I dont have a clue now who they will pull out the hat. OH i know whos next! :o

the Punisher!! 8-}...

Not,,,,, *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Well im sure it must be cool being this dude having to either work for capcom or somehow have the Beta version

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:37:48 AM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2183 on: November 23, 2010, 02:40:27 AM »
Hmmmm...let's see if anyone else here sees my point or agrees with me. I find it funny that you guys are complaining about Capcom surrendering to 'fantards' and 'fanservice' when the characters that have been added to this game, for the most part, are actually some of the more obscure characters that have really come out in the comics as of late (read: the last 1-3 years...maybe less). Now in order for those 'fan' statements to be true, and I'm sorry to tell you guys this, but your missing characters would have to be in for them to be submitting to this 'fanservice' some of you guys keep spittin'. I mean really; Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Dark Phoenix...really guys. Those are some of the most obvious choices for fanservice. Go out and do your own surveys and I'm sure you'll find that the following Marvel characters will come up more than ANY of the Marvel characters that are making their debut here: Ghost Rider, Punisher, Nick Fury (maybe), Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, Galactus (for some odd reason, some poeple want him usable o.O?), Thor (whom is already in), Wolverine (same as Thor), Magneto (ditto), Gambit (whom was emitted for some reason), Rogue, Sentry...you know, compiling this list I see a trend. The average fan seems to go for the more POWERFUL characters instead of those with more depth...while Spidey is a fanfave, he is takes a back seat to characters like Ironman and Thor...but meh I guess that's to be expected. My point is that they can only focus on so many characters that have seen the comic spotlight as of late, while still giving us familiar characters in case their NEW choices don't go over well with the fans which should be understandable.

Oh, and guys let's not get our hopes up for TOO many DLCs...I say we see maybe 3 sets of DLCs at max...

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2184 on: November 23, 2010, 03:15:30 AM »
As far Ghost Rider being a top Fan fav? nah. But he has had recent comics which i have and a movie so im like c'mon :-w

spiderman, Captain America, Hulk, Magneto, ironman & Doom are the golden kids. Capcom knew that so they made sure those chars were in it. My whole thing is if they are going to jump out the window with chars like MODOK knowing how many other cool Villians  (Ultron) there are out there they might as well throw in an Anti-hero. The best one close to that is Ghost rider. Lets not cry about chars being too powerful cuz damn there the whole squad is too powerful. Capcom has their own agenda and i saw that in a lot of interviews. They were gonna have Vergil in it but the DMC creators didnt seem to care so they went with trish. so once i saw that i see anybody can be in the game. dont matter how weak or powerful. Seth the capcom rep said something at a hint where they are working a certain character in the game and his epression was " /:O :| i dont how they gonna work that chars abilities into the game". so i took it like either the trying to do Galacticus or the doing (lol) Fin Fang Foom. :-??

But at the end of the day They already have a so called story mapped out so the fate has been written already. I just figured if trish and dante From hell and all that i figured The ghost rider could tangle with them. The Avengers team is damn there already there as well as Part of X-force. Thats where my mind is with that. Gorath?? whats his story. c'mon really^^ lol
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:21:54 AM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2185 on: November 23, 2010, 03:20:20 AM »
whoa whoa.....whoa! hold up. now i have to disagree with you on some key factors here. Ghost rider isnt  bad choice and its not just capcoms call , its marvel on who they want in. my opinion heads towards both camps. I never asked for GODLIKE peeps. i favor more lesser toned down but skilled peeps like shatter star, domino ,warpath and heck if i wanted a powerful peson to be in then heck yes gimmie a real mephisto or the better yet Exodus. But i am not keen on them as much as others. there is nothing wrong with throwing in chracters that serve a purpose in the marvel world and on their respective teams or sides. Spiderman takes a back seat to NO ONE in marvel and to even think is crazy. he is flagship. So if anything he is in the front.  i can understand wanting in such characters like ghost rider who by all means isnt that Powerful in the marvel world but he does strike fear wherever he goes to certain peeps. and he is in his way popular. much of the marvel side aint all that new  (super skrull, thor, x-23, modck and dormammu are) so all i am sayin is bring some more fresher faces. the ones who havent got to shine, they can be dlc nd aint nothin wrong with more characters. thats insanity but its your opinion. that actually spans the games timeline and makes them more money.  its business minded in that term. to do fan a service would be to include all kinds of capcom and marvel peeps. not just the forefronters or the ones who been in many times before seen. the point is if there isnt any diversity in the game to do wether fans or casual players how can you bring othe characters you could eat off of an sell more comics. if all you do is depend on the tried and true then your closed minded to new creativity and therefore cant expand on older fans of lesser known characters that you can bank off of as well with new ones.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:28:44 AM by lando33 »

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #2186 on: November 23, 2010, 03:54:27 AM »
You know, for a more obscure character to be implemented, I'd think that The Prowler would be an awesome idea to implement into the game. Reminds me of Spawn a bit.. :P

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2187 on: November 23, 2010, 03:57:28 AM »
 ^^(PM)^  :thumbsup:

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2188 on: November 23, 2010, 04:28:30 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/marvelvscapcom3/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57240523&pid=995375&tag=topics%3Btitle
While searching the web for anything new on MvC3 I can across this topic fourm at gamespot.com

Because of popular demand, this had to be revived.
Hi, I've been reading all the hype for this game and I'm glad you like your music so far! I'm involved somewhat with the soundtrack, so, I thought I would give you a preview of some upcoming song titles. I will not answer questions, or give you character names, but I'm going to give you the names of the songs. I know you guys are dying to know the roster, and it will all be revealed soon, but here's some help. Guess who they are!

Will to Power
Cosmic Messiah
S-Class
Defender of Hope
Blue Bomber
Unstoppable
Sinner
Weather Witch
Shadaloo
Rebirth
Zombie Outbreak
Human Rocket
Not in My Town
Butterfly
Cipher
Mad Titan
Star Fighter
Marvelous
Warrior's Spirit
Hero for Hire
Robot Master
Light Heart, Dark Soul
Maverick
Masked Hero
Vanity Paradise
Blessing or Curse

Note that as it has been stated the game will have more than 100 tracks. But the game will probably only have around 40 characters. So if this was to be true, it'd be possible that some tracks belonged to non-playable characters

This smells of lies IMO. lol what do you all think?

Also while I was there I came across this as well

http://twitter.com/Tokirisan

"Sorry, X chance are pretty slim, due Zero's alt colour is very homage to him but don't worry, X is getting more vote from Nico Nico Douga"

"@ Kiko :Sorry, i can't tell you about final boss but i can give a hint about the stage :Black dimensional world where oni came from hell."

"No gigantic character such as PTX-40, Giant-man and any giant character may cause memory error"

"@ Rickkickase: Keep on eye on Zero's rival, because his rival will appear soon enough. "

"Sorry, No Bulleta / B.B Hood, Deadpool displace her because same identical/characteristics and special ability from them."

"@ Sezas : Sorry, no Three Wonders, their are expell by Ryota-san, due Arthur's signature attack almost resemble to them."

"If B.B Hood get in, Deadpool won't exist in character choice list."

Don't know if this is to be taken as truth since I don't know who that person is.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #2189 on: November 23, 2010, 07:41:03 AM »
:o Why not Ghost Rider?
Because Strider is better, he should be put in instead   :cool
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2190 on: November 23, 2010, 08:05:19 AM »
Because Strider is better, he should be put in instead   :cool

lol smh. ill take that for now. but Ghost Rider is still da sh*t

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #2191 on: November 23, 2010, 05:26:06 PM »
Yeah but Strider is Capcom and Ghost Rider is Marvel. Ghost Rider wouldn't affect Strider being in.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2192 on: November 23, 2010, 06:10:16 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/23/mvc3-demo-wont-happen-sven-talks-dlc-options/

Capcom's Christian Svensson made a ton of posts regarding the upcoming Marvel vs. Capcom 3. He touches on a number of subjects including that there will not be a demo release of the game, DLC (Downloadable Content), more silhouette speculation and a number of other topics.

Hit the jump to see everything.

What are the chances of a downloadable MvC3 demo being released?

Svensson: Sorry, but zero percent. As with Street Fighter IV, there will be no demo for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

How much is the MvC3 special edition content worth, for example the DLC characters?

Svensson: We're not talking about DLC pricing yet... but it's an OUTSTANDING value.

For reference, the Marvel digital comics sub alone is worth $10.

I don't care about the other SE stuff, I just want to know how much Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath will cost.

Svensson: I'm not sure when we'll be revealing the DLC pricing. If all you care about is the DLC, pack and there's a $20 differential as a promotion somewhere, I can safely say that two characters sold individually will absolutely not cost $20.

I don't agree with the decision to include DLC fighters in MvC3. This is just wrong.

Svensson: Suffice to say, there are differing views on DLC. Everyone needs to decide whether there's value in the offering or not and make your purchasing decisions accordingly. That's true not just of MvC3, but of all games.

As I've stated in prior interviews, DLC is part of the business model these days given the massive costs of production and can be the difference between a profitable product and an unprofitable product.

Since MvC3 is finished, can we know the total amount of characters?

Svensson: All in good time...

What's up with the cover art for MvC3? How come the unannounced characters aren't on there, does this mean the other people left to announce are too low profile to include on the front of the package?

Svensson: The fact that there are still unrevealed characters has no bearing on the contents of the cover. We couldn't possibly put every character on the cover... there's just too many.

Will Best Buy have MvC3 Special Edition in the U.S.?

Svensson: I suspect so. They usually do carry special/collectors editions. I won't know for certain for a couple more weeks though.

Do you know every location MvC3 Special Edition is being shipped to, including mom and pop stores?

Svensson: I won't know every location, I'll know if the accounts we're direct with have ordered (the big six retailers that are 60-70% of the business). We will have some units allocated to our distributors who in turn will be able to sell to smaller retailers, but I suspect most of the volume will be allocated to the major accounts.

As I've said before, I'm expecting the overwhelming majority of these units to be allocated to the retailers who are supporting pre-orders for them.

Are these images proof that Frank West is in MvC3?

Svensson: Sorry guys, not commenting beyond a word of warning... do not assume.

Also, an image of what is supposedly the Japanese cover art for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 also surfaced. Here's the graphic.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:18:13 PM by Dead Phoenix »
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2193 on: November 23, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »
I think that silhouette was suppose to be Wesker

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2194 on: November 23, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »
Yeah but Strider is Capcom and Ghost Rider is Marvel. Ghost Rider wouldn't affect Strider being in.

haha yeh i know. Just being funny and sarcastic. Its my whole lil way of laughing at how they cant add in certain chars for what ever poor excuse cuz they cant figure out how to add in a simple animation. feel me?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:05:08 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #2195 on: November 23, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
looks like ill be getting the standard mvc3. i don't like jill or shuma enough to spend an extra 10bucks

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2196 on: November 24, 2010, 01:35:31 AM »
Here's a gif clip of........EP. 3???

Credit to Mit on SRK.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:47:46 AM by Dead Phoenix »

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:30:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2197 on: November 24, 2010, 01:36:45 AM »
wow i cnt wait 2 see it  0_0
Suppose one day that coin lands on its edge

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #2198 on: November 24, 2010, 03:15:21 AM »
I know i'm getting annoying with stuff but  I found this on Twitter from Lupinko. The one who told everyone about Jill and Shuma as DLC. Well he placed on his twitter: http://twitter.com/lupinko

More Marvel 3 info! Sentinel and Storm are pretty much similar gameplay wise to their MvC2 counterparts
Sentinel is still the Capcom design but modernized to an extent, more details in his shoulder area
Storm is wearing her current modern costume
Phoenix - Has a special where she shoots out phoenix symbols that stay stationary, similar to Aegis Reflector
She can set a section of the ground on fire, most similar example provided by my source is Sub-Zero freezing the ground
or my example like Wimmy's in SS
You can also save your favourite teams and assists
So instead of having to reselect your team, you can just quickselect your team
Like MvC2, taunts are not cancellable in MvC3, so don't get any ideas just because they were in SF4
Ghost Rider appears in Dante's ending
Poison appears in an urban level background

Fake? Real? your input?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2199 on: November 24, 2010, 03:19:54 AM »
 :-?? anymore ... really i cant call it, no pics, no vids of gameplay?  :-w

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare