collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188827 times)

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:30:19 PM
    • Email
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #1750 on: October 19, 2010, 09:33:55 PM »
story sounds kinda plain but i dnt wanna jump to conclusions since i havent played it yet nd there wasnt to much detail about it
Suppose one day that coin lands on its edge

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #1751 on: October 19, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »
Sounds more like an outline for the story.  Anyway, I'm not gonna complain about the story.  The game itself is what I'm concerned about. ;)

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #1752 on: October 19, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »
yuhh have a point error marco da game is wats most important

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1753 on: October 19, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
uh hasn't this storyline news been told already?

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1754 on: October 19, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »
wow thats the story? HA! the one i wrote for O Ilusionista Project Megman Bit of Destiny is wayyy better than this one and more deeper.! Geesh capcom shoulda hired me to do theirs. HA! toot toot  :w00t: lol
Funny thing is i never saw this script before and mines seems similiar but better .
Even if you have a great story, if the gameplay sucks then it makes the whole thing worthless. MVC 3 better bring it for sure.

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1755 on: October 19, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »
uh hasn't this storyline news been told already?

It was just announced today by Capcom at the official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Facebook thread. Although, they said that it was revealed at NYCC.

Anyway, I don't like it, but the story is not final and they are trying to get fan's opinions. Here is the story I suggested to Capcom as per their request to the fans on their thread. Let me know what you guys think...

HERE IS MY MVC3 STORY !!!:

Dr. Doom paused to contemplate his ultimate frustration. For too many years, he has laid witness to a world within his grasp, his plans of domination ruined by adversaries whom he has waged war for far too many years. He has seen and tried to exploit weaknesses, but to his regret, he has no victory to savor. Time and time again, victory slipped away at a moment’s breath.

“It is time for a change, it is time for redemption. My soul will not rest until I have fulfilled my destiny.” ~ Doom says to himself as he contemplates the nightly skies of Latveria.

Gazing upon millions of stars and infinite possibilities, he begins to realize that his enemies are bound to this earth, and that there are unknown adversaries in this and other universes that even he cannot fathom, adversaries that his enemies have yet to oppose.

“There has to be forces that can triumph where I have failed, forces that Doom must control” ~ Doom angrily shouts to the empty void of space…and thus Doom consults one who shares his aforementioned frustration with an even greater hatred in his heart, the mystical Dormammu.

He knows that he has the power to breach the gap between our universal dimension and the next. Convincing Dormammu is not hard, the journey to the unknown will be.

Opening a portal to the closest dimension, both evils witness a similar, yet familiar struggle for domination. Doom sees the actions and reasoning, Dormammu sees the hatred in their souls.

"Wesker, Bison…Akuma, all powerful, yet familiar to their adversaries, but how about to ours?" ~ Doom utters while Dormammu finally shares Doom’s vision of a revisited “Act of Vengeance”, as they approach Wesker and negotiate a truce for interdimensional dominion.

As Wesker listens and understands the power of his new found allies, his first words are: "Why stop here? Why should we be denied? Why not extend our search through time and space? Let those who oppose us tremble, for we harbor death and they shall fear our wrath…"

This is how The Fate of Two Worlds commences. The stage has been set. The players have been chosen. The curtain is up and a new unprecedented evil has awoken, one that even they fear, one that cannot be controlled…

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1756 on: October 19, 2010, 11:13:02 PM »
 =D> =D> ^:)^ :thumbsup:
brilliant! Especially from the Doom side of the coin.  SO.. what about the hero side...( yeah i am begging for more to read! ) lol

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1757 on: October 19, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
... You're story is the same as Capcom's but with more detail  :(|)

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #1758 on: October 19, 2010, 11:16:22 PM »
=D> =D> ^:)^ :thumbsup:
brilliant! Especially from the Doom side of the coin.  SO.. what about the hero side...( yeah i am begging for more to read! ) lol

lol...thank you , thank you...I actually had a moment of inspiration there...  ;*))

... You're story is the same as Capcom's but with more detail  :(|)

They say that the devil is in the details...  ;)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1759 on: October 19, 2010, 11:18:50 PM »
hhaha you done started something man and yes with more detail, so go all the way dude. heck i am even more inspired myself fom reading it. good read indeed.  =D>

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1760 on: October 19, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »
hhaha you done started something man and yes with more detail, so go all the way dude. heck i am even more inspired myself fom reading it. good read indeed.  =D>

Niiice !!! Thanks, but you are right, I have to come up with a heroes side of the story. Let's see how I get my inspirational side started again... ;D

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #1761 on: October 20, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »
Only a scene I came up with. There's a bigger story working here in my mind, but I don't really want to flesh it out without knowing who will appear. This one already makes the assumption that Wily is going to play some role.

-------------------------------

A young girl is running through a hallway composed of stone. Ancient runes and pottery are the hall's decor, and torches hardly light the girl's way. She is a priestess, evident by her choice of clothes. She stumbles, but manages to balance herself out before she completely falls. Something is chasing her. Whatever it is, its footsteps are loud, thunderous cracks that crash through the corridor. A horrendous shadow begins to grow on the wall.

The girl turns around to face her pursuer.

Girl: No! Stay away!

Voice of the Unseen Assailant: Fat chance, Pigtails.

A metallic claw smashes into the girl's stomach. She hurtles through the air, crashing through a pair of doors and into an alter. She sommersaults backwards, unable to gain control, and crashes at the feet of a stone carved wolf. The attacker marches forward, entering the chamber and surveying the area. It is revealed as Wily.

Wily: Ah, the Amaterasu's Alter. Now where is this power that Wesker had told me about?

Wily looks around once more before turning back to the girl. He grabs her up in the enormous claw of his mechwalker, squeezing the life out of her.

Wily: Where is it girl? Where is the power?

Girl (through gasps): I-I won't-I won't tell you!

Wily grimaces, scoffs, and continues squashing the girl, not noticing that the wolf statue has begun to crack. A pebble rolls to the ground, falling at the wolf's released foot. Flowers and grasses sprout up around her paw as she places it freely on the alter platform.

Wily: Well?!

The wolf lunges, damaging the walker's arm and dragging the girl to a safe corner off the room where she stands defensively bent, lips curled back, teeth bared, growl rumbling deep in her throat.

Wily: Hmf!

Begin fight: Wily vs Ammy

---------------------------------------------------

Somehow the alter went from being outside and more traditional Japan (which is how I originally envisioned it) to inside some pyramid-like structure... Perhaps I can change the hallway design to make it resemble a Japanese temple. Anyways, this is just a scene I had playing in my head that I thought kicked butt.

Here's an outline for the more extended plot:

Note: This continuity is a seperate universe from both Marvel and Capcom, being its own seperate universe where the characters of both companies exist alongside each other.

Dr. Doom begins calling upon the most powerful beings he can contact (those being characters such as Wesker and Magneto) and orders them to help him gain power, through means such as bolstering his army and weaponry as well as locating powerful artifacts.

The heroes naturally attempt to stop this collective group of villains. Chun Li and Captain America are the first to intervene, both heading to Latveria to confront Doom directly. They meet up with Viewtiful Joe and Deadpool whilst in Latveria, but discover too late that Doom has established a base elsewhere.

It is eventually learned that Doom had gained knowledge of a coming threat (Galactus) and was gathering the means necesarry to protect Earth. In the chaos, however, he hadn't had the time to create a safeguard against his backstabbing associates and Wesker fuses with whatever power source the villains had gathered.

The heroes and villains (minus Wekser) split into two teams. One team is sent to "reason" with the now-orbiting Galactus while the other team remains behind to reduce Wesker to his natural form.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1762 on: October 20, 2010, 12:21:45 AM »
first part:  :thumbsup:
2nd part:  8)

hmmm maybe IMT should start a IMTManga section based off of either IMT members or the different games made or making. good mfood fo thought.  yeah we get you to write it out every week. that would be sweet. :D

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1763 on: October 20, 2010, 12:44:24 AM »
first part:  :thumbsup:
2nd part:  8)

I have to agree. The first part was great. The second part needs work. Also, I can't even see Doom or anyone giving orders to Magneto, Wesker and some of these guys. It should be more of an alliance...IMO  :-??

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1764 on: October 20, 2010, 12:48:39 AM »
yeah first part was da bomb, second part i was like ok this is cool but i got kinda lost yeah could use a lil rewoking. heck man ya make a great readme writer and even come up wih good storylines for projects

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1765 on: October 20, 2010, 02:54:10 AM »
alliances??? i think it sounds kind of... stupid!!
why not doom knows about uroboros and want it for his own... and starts a battle for the control of uroboros against wesker and crap happens and all the world i theatened for it...
final bos: uroboros infected doom

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1766 on: October 20, 2010, 03:10:41 AM »
alliances. hmmm gotta look at who they are and what heir motives ar pretty much about:

Doom: Only does things for personal gain and supreme power and dictator
magneto: only does things to benefit mutantkind that is on his side or see the wold his way.
Wesker: pretty much evil world infection desires.
dormammu: wants to rule period.
super skrull: a super skrull lacky for the skrull nation
everyone else is so far thats bad is pretty much an  :-??

so to figure out an alliance somehow they all must benefit from an alliance or someone is using alot of manipulation and trickery to get what they really want and using the others as fodder.  yeah you would have to build off of that and see what ya come up with. You can do a lil more research to see if i missed anything or might be wrong in their motives. from a comics point this what i have always grown up and read about them all.

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1767 on: October 20, 2010, 03:36:52 AM »
alliances. hmmm gotta look at who they are and what heir motives ar pretty much about:

Doom: Only does things for personal gain and supreme power and dictator
magneto: only does things to benefit mutantkind that is on his side or see the wold his way.
Wesker: pretty much evil world infection desires.
dormammu: wants to rule period.
super skrull: a super skrull lacky for the skrull nation
everyone else is so far thats bad is pretty much an  :-??

so to figure out an alliance somehow they all must benefit from an alliance or someone is using alot of manipulation and trickery to get what they really want and using the others as fodder.  yeah you would have to build off of that and see what ya come up with. You can do a lil more research to see if i missed anything or might be wrong in their motives. from a comics point this what i have always grown up and read about them all.

but, as you said, an alliance between doom and weskes sounds like a game for kids only....
doom is a solo guy and wesker always kills the people who help him... so the plot of the game, for me, really sucks... BUT not as much as the plot of MvC2 lol

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1768 on: October 20, 2010, 05:47:04 AM »
but, as you said, an alliance between doom and weskes sounds like a game for kids only....
doom is a solo guy and wesker always kills the people who help him... so the plot of the game, for me, really sucks... BUT not as much as the plot of MvC2 lol

The story which I came up with and posted earlier, was inspired by Acts of Vengeance, which was a Marvel saga where all of those villains and many more joined to destroy the Marvel heroes. Off course, every villain had their own personal gain, but mainly they all wanted to get rid of their enemies. In this saga, Dr. Doom was one of the masterminds and one of the top tiers.

The plan was to have each villain fight a different enemy than their own. This way, the heroes would have to face new odds and they would not be familiar with the new adversary's weaknesses, increasing their chance for failure. As an example, you would have Juggernaut fighting Spiderman and Venom fighting the X-men.

Dr. Doom revisiting this plot would make more sense than any other plot for MvC3...IMO  :-??

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1769 on: October 20, 2010, 09:37:12 AM »

The story which I came up with and posted earlier, was inspired by Acts of Vengeance, which was a Marvel saga where all of those villains and many more joined to destroy the Marvel heroes. Off course, every villain had their own personal gain, but mainly they all wanted to get rid of their enemies. In this saga, Dr. Doom was one of the masterminds and one of the top tiers.

The plan was to have each villain fight a different enemy than their own. This way, the heroes would have to face new odds and they would not be familiar with the new adversary's weaknesses, increasing their chance for failure. As an example, you would have Juggernaut fighting Spiderman and Venom fighting the X-men.

Dr. Doom revisiting this plot would make more sense than any other plot for MvC3...IMO  :-??

AHHHHH I SEEEEE! good one man. good . i see where you going with that. to basically boil it down is the capcom baddies are facing off against marvels heros and the marvel baddies are squaring up against capcom good guys.  :thumbsup: plot . its like if you and your crew was to band together with another crew of fighters to square off against each others respective rivals. because the other side of your crew bad guys KNOW their rivals well the fight would be kinda a stalemate where as if you took on theirs and they took on yours its brings something new as a challenge to both sides because they dont know you or what you can do. basically put.  ;D . my only qualm  with stuff like that especially concerning MVC series is, capcoms roster of heros is always gonna be kinda outleagued in alot of ways. we talkin comic sense here. :D ability for ability yeah marvel has the most beasts, pretty much everyone on marvel side can wipe he floor with capcoms roster with maybe the exceptions of dante, trish, amaterasu heck even Authur ( magic user) because of heir otherworldliness.
Its a game so i wont expect much of any comic realism in it for match ups but if so iwas the case to go tier for tier, thats why i said they should bring out the major GUNZ like Asura from Asuras wrath.  My capcom needs some die hardness this time around. There are others too from capcom stable, i just dont want them bringin in cutesy characters..servebot \-/o
I mean capcom needs an asura, captain commando, jin and such types on they squad. well we will see in a few more weeks who else gets added.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #1770 on: October 20, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »
ohhhhh i almost forgot!! MEGAMAN X is ALSO decomfirmed... how can i forget that...

not 10 years... just almost 2

4 years they started development in 2007

MvC2 plot >>>>>the fanfiction in this thread :cool
(click to show/hide)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1771 on: October 20, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »
Who says that won't happen in his ending? It's not like the character endings are canon to the comics or game

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #1772 on: October 20, 2010, 11:04:44 PM »
I heard this is supposed to play like TvC. Is this true?
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #1773 on: October 21, 2010, 01:08:50 AM »
I heard this is supposed to play like TvC. Is this true?
No this is not true
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #1774 on: October 21, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
have they released an exact date when in spring 201

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare