collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188654 times)

Offline Demon King EX

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 03:22:18 PM
  • 天狗 Heavenly Dog
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #1725 on: October 17, 2010, 03:05:54 AM »
I hope they don't add any more characters that were in the previous games. I like Magneto, Tron, Ryu, and Dr. Doom, but I feel like they could have either replaced them or atleast given them some new moves. And the same can be said about all of the returning characters. I knew Ryu was returning, but he really needs some new moves.

@Lando
Sweet avi. Needless is a funny anime.

*Cough*  :-" *Cough*  :cool

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1726 on: October 17, 2010, 03:06:59 AM »
I hope they don't add any more characters that were in the previous games. I like Magneto, Tron, Ryu, and Dr. Doom, but I feel like they could have either replaced them or atleast given them some new moves. And the same can be said about all of the returning characters. I knew Ryu was returning, but he really needs some new moves.

@Lando
Sweet avi. Needless is a funny anime.
yeah i gots to agree. i really dont want them to bring back much anymore past guys except maybe a revised Jin or like cap commando. cacom side already power house lean so they need a few good upper level tier peeps. ( i dont really likethey given capcom sideguys a power boost to match up equally but ehhhh) yeah capcom needs some big guns ...asuuuuuraaaa..... and heck yes ryu could at least get a few new moves. how many times i gotta see the Mestu Shoryuken  /:O. what they could have done ws make him do all 3 of his signiture moves combo style as like a hyper level 3 and he would hurricane kicks the person to one side of screen, hadoken  him em, make em hit the wall and bounce off upwards in the air and when he comin down then have ryu do hs metsu ryuken. now that i woud love to see.  

tanx about the avay,demonking hook me up. love it. i am going toi try doing my own with the tutorial in the database, but this avy, is stayin for a while. :thumbsup:
i love needless, hilarious i tell ya and plus he is my first character i decided to start on with my anime project. He comin along . Trust i plan to make him just as outrageous as he is in his anime.  :thumbsup:
yeah my sig sucks tho. :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:40:53 AM by lando33 »

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1727 on: October 17, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »
I disagree completely, signature moves are my favorite thing about this games and with new characters appearing and stuff and those not fell that same to me at least.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1728 on: October 17, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »
I disagree completely, signature moves are my favorite thing about this games and with new characters appearing and stuff and those not fell that same to me at least.
i can respecdt that argument. for me tho its not just about nostalgia fan service. i mean its about progression. but what did do was look at it in your retrospect. i imagined if they brung back all the old roster only . I sadly would see me only buying it for graphics. i didn like alot of the previous cast at that. some were just uuuuhg boring and others were just why are they in here? for me mvc 2 was a half and half deal.  and i played with everyone for 6 years.  yeah my dreamcast lasted quite a while. I actually like having some more new faces added in. there are plenty deserving characters that have come along in capcoms stable and marvel has a ginormous list of people they could throw in as well.  So far i like the returning peeps from mvc2, thats the bit of nostalgia, and i savor the new peeps getting put in. i just think they could add more new faces for varietyand bring some new folks to the light.

just no servebot! lol

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #1729 on: October 17, 2010, 07:44:44 PM »
That's a interesting perspective, and I guess I could agree with you partially.

I could also understand if fans want returning characters to maintain their signature moves (Ryu using Hadoken/Shoryuken), but having a exact carbon copy of ALL of their moves is ridiculous. I want to play marvel vs capcom 3, not MvsC 2.5. Despite Ryu being a martial artist, Spiderman being a fluid fighter with no set fighting style, and Wolverine being a beserker, I just feel that they could have kept their signature moves, but replaced their standard attacks with moves they have learned over the past decade.

I'll buy the game because it has new characters, but it would have been much cooler in my opinion if they had changed the returning characters standard attacks.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #1730 on: October 17, 2010, 08:15:54 PM »
While I respect both Lando and Vitamin's opinions, I must disagree, I'll use as an example  Ryu and Chun-Li. When you think of Street Fighter, I automatically think "Ryu and Chun-Li" both these characters are staples to that respective series. But since both have been in EVERY vs series game, I would think it gets boring, right?

Rewind to Tatsunoko vs Capcom, both were in, with the same movesets, but they played differently to their old counterparts. Granted they also included new moves for the game as well, and changed the mechanics of old ones to the point where it felt "fresh". To this, there were new combo possibilities, and not one combo was the same to any other VS game.

To make it Short: I'm expecting both Ryu, and Chun-Li to play similar to TvC, but I honestly don't know what will change in MvC3, I expect the same for old returning Marvel characters, same looking moves, but with new and different mechanics.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1731 on: October 17, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »
While I respect both Lando and Vitamin's opinions, I must disagree, I'll use as an example  Ryu and Chun-Li. When you think of Street Fighter, I automatically think "Ryu and Chun-Li" both these characters are staples to that respective series. But since both have been in EVERY vs series game, I would think it gets boring, right?

Rewind to Tatsunoko vs Capcom, both were in, with the same movesets, but they played differently to their old counterparts. Granted they also included new moves for the game as well, and changed the mechanics of old ones to the point where it felt "fresh". To this, there were new combo possibilities, and not one combo was the same to any other VS game.

To make it Short: I'm expecting both Ryu, and Chun-Li to play similar to TvC, but I honestly don't know what will change in MvC3, I expect the same for old returning Marvel characters, same looking moves, but with new and different mechanics.
yeah i can agree with that too but mostly cuz you pointed out that some things about them were implemented and NEW. thats the Key for me. I saw in TVc how they jazzed them up a bit, and thas kinda what i would expect from MVC 3 just on a more broader scale. like was kinda gettin at with bringing back same mvc 2 characters, if ya bringin them back at least give em new moves or new variations of the old ones.Lets say capt commando gets back in, ok he had some really cool moves and i would love to see em done  but they could give him good looking variations of his old ones or just all new.  Like was said, i dont want either a mvc 2.5. that would suck. i agree to bring back SOME retro mvc2 peeps but i disagree to keep them entirely as was in mvc 2.  :thumbsup: .

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1732 on: October 18, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »

dido

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #1733 on: October 18, 2010, 08:24:04 PM »

I want him before they start to call it quits on old characters.

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:30:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1734 on: October 18, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »
i couldve sworn they deconfirmed amingo
Suppose one day that coin lands on its edge

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #1735 on: October 19, 2010, 12:34:03 AM »
They did
(click to show/hide)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #1736 on: October 19, 2010, 12:38:04 AM »
My Updated wish list:

Marvel:
Ms. Marvel
Cyclops or Cable
Sabretooth
Psylocke
Wonderman (hey, i can dream cant i)

Capcom:
Guile or Charlie
Juri
M. Bison
Strider
Ruby Heart
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1737 on: October 19, 2010, 01:16:06 AM »
They did

Is there a deconfirmed list or something of the sort??? Everybody keeps talking about it and I haven't seen any evidence...

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1738 on: October 19, 2010, 02:31:55 AM »
Is there a deconfirmed list or something of the sort??? Everybody keeps talking about it and I haven't seen any evidence...

search in the topic... but decomfirmed that i remember are:

MARVEL: -all the fantastic four
             -ghost rider
             -daredevil
             -punisher
             -cyclops
             -emma frost
             -man-thing, blade, mojo and kingpin
             -gambit

CAPCOM: -any three wonders chars
             -nemesis and tyrant
             -ruby heart
             -amingo
             -any of rival schools, power stone and monster hunter
             -gene (god hand) and phoenix wright

don't remember any other for the moment... can someone help?

updated: marvel: blackheart
             Capcpm: abyss, norimaro and sonson
(thanks capcom gods for keeping away all those trashy chars that you made only for MvC2 [-O<)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:40:51 AM by Yun0 »

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #1739 on: October 19, 2010, 04:37:32 AM »
I heard that Blade is going to be in the cameo while he's deconfirmed to fight, so is Bon Bonne.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #1740 on: October 19, 2010, 04:44:54 AM »
I heard that Blade is going to be in the cameo while he's deconfirmed to fight, so is Bon Bonne.
most of all taht chars are gonna have cameos... but a cameo is a total decomfirmation as a gaming char

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1741 on: October 19, 2010, 07:05:11 AM »
It's a shame that we won't get any Power Stone chars for MvC3, considering that Rouge was one of the possible picks for TvC. Also, while it's sad for me to not see Son Son getting in, I can understand that they don't want too much cartoon-like characters clashing with the presentation. :|

Well, at least Captain Commando, Strider and Classic Mega Man haven't been deconfirmed yet.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:20:32 AM by KudosForce »
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1742 on: October 19, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »
Why was Cyclops deconfirmed again?

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:27:00 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #1743 on: October 19, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »
Too many characters are getting decomfirmed. This will not be as successful as the previous incarnations.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #1744 on: October 19, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »
Why was Cyclops deconfirmed again?

They didnt really give a reason but i think it is due to his image being so different from during the vs series run. Capcom and Japan in general really likes boy scout Cyke and Marvel has been really pushing the edgy Cyclops. So my guess is that they couldn't find a middle ground and just opted to not put him in the game.

Too many characters are getting decomfirmed. This will not be as successful as the previous incarnations.

If you think this game wont do well you need to direct me to youre drug dealer cuz he must have that logic destroying dope i needs to try that out. :o
(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1745 on: October 19, 2010, 02:45:40 PM »
If you think this game wont do well you need to direct me to youre drug dealer cuz he must have that logic destroying dope i needs to try that out. :o
[/quote]
 :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie indeed. this game is going to do very very well. 10 years in the making, adding some previous entries as well as new ones. new mechanics, better graphics, fleshout story. yeah this is going to be a banger! :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #1747 on: October 19, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
ohhhhh i almost forgot!! MEGAMAN X is ALSO decomfirmed... how can i forget that...

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie indeed. this game is going to do very very well. 10 years in the making, adding some previous entries as well as new ones. new mechanics, better graphics, fleshout story. yeah this is going to be a banger! :thumbsup:

not 10 years... just almost 2

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1748 on: October 19, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »
ohhhhh i almost forgot!! MEGAMAN X is ALSO decomfirmed... how can i forget that...

not 10 years... just almost 2
Man i dont mean it took them 10 years to actually make the game. lol . it means its been 10 years since the game was practially been wanted. mvc2 was 10 years ago. Fans have been waiting like 10 years maybe more for a part 3 to mvc2. sorry if ya misunderstood me. :thumbsup:

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare