collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 189481 times)

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
Am I the only one impressed with how well Capcom did with the visuals? It seriously looks like a comic book. Can't wait to hpoefully see this in motion sometime soon.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2010, 02:09:41 PM »
Am I the only one impressed with how well Capcom did with the visuals? It seriously looks like a comic book. Can't wait to hpoefully see this in motion sometime soon.

I'm impressed and sitting on the edge of my seat.

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2010, 04:19:04 PM »
Whats with all the love on deadpool? Many people I know don"t even know who he is. About 5 years ago I didn't know who he was either. I'm not bashing but really the character is kind of cheesy and the guy is a complete psycho. I wounder why the sudden interest? Of course anyone could like whoever they want but jeez talk about obsession.  :-??

And I agree with everyone who is NOT complaining about how Chris stands a chance on Hulk, what would you prefer no game at all? And I hate that fact that they are using TvC's control scheme, Yay more disappointment.  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

No wait I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKss2uYpih8&feature=related# hahaa
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:30:28 PM by ratmon »

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »

no, that is not frank, how do i know? look at the banner behind the helicopter and in the door of the helicopter, It says daily bugle which is the newspaper company that Spider-man works as Peter Parker which means this stage is his.
"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist. You are plugging into a very restrictive system that is going to push and mold you, and is going to make your art totally useless and ineffective." --David Cronenberg

Offline KenFan9276 - Member of CROM

• Phoenix Wright > Megaman :D
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
  • OBJECTION!
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2010, 06:17:08 PM »

DEADPOOL'S IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What site is that on?

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2010, 07:03:34 PM »
Game Informer.

I am actually optimistic about the TvC controls; because it won't be the Wiimote, basically what they mean is that it will be simple to learn, not that they are making it a 3-button game, it is supposed to be a full 6-button. Plus you can remap the buttons if you want.

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
I agree with everyone who is NOT complaining about how Chris stands a chance on Hulk, what would you prefer no game at all?

No we want the game its just the fact that its not very realistic that bothers us this fight in particular is ridiculous I mean hulk could kill or at least break just about every bone in chris's body with about one punch or kick (just look at what he did to Emil Blonsky in the latest incredible hulk movie to see what I mean) and chris's weapons would have no effect on hulk anyway just annoy him (hulk smash! ;*)))

and to Sasuke-kun and Nutty-Da-Kid about MvC 1and 2
it is true what you both say about the 2 previous games seeing roll, b.hood, servebot and that cactus character etc beat hulk and even onslaught was even worse than this but just because we didnt say anything about it doesnt mean that it didnt bother us and my personal reason for not saying anything about it is because I didnt have a pc at the time so I couldnt basically wish I could have though those bits did my head in personally 8-} o.O#

hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: May 11, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
This game looks horrible.... K, bye!!!

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »
not very realistic
Realism doesn't matter at all in this game.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »

True, look at Vega or Wolverine; a single hit should be a 1-hit-kill. :D

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »
No we want the game its just the fact that its not very realistic that bothers us this fight in particular is ridiculous I mean hulk could kill or at least break just about every bone in chris's body with about one punch or kick (just look at what he did to Emil Blonsky in the latest incredible hulk movie to see what I mean) and chris's weapons would have no effect on hulk anyway just annoy him (hulk smash! ;*)))

it is true what you both say about the 2 previous games seeing roll, b.hood, servebot and that cactus character etc beat hulk and even onslaught was even worse than this but just because we didnt say anything about it doesnt mean that it didnt bother us and my personal reason for not saying anything about it is because I didnt have a pc at the time so I couldnt basically wish I could have though those bits did my head in personally 8-} o.O#

I agree completely. It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one with the same perspective on Marvel vs Capcom games, but I didn't take Marvel vs Capcom 1+2 serious enough because it's so kiddie.  And my biggest beef with the 2 games is Hulk, because he's one of the strongest individuals in the Marvel universe, and he was slightly stonger than zangief. And it's kind of expected that some fans would question the realism of the game, like DC vs Mortal Kombat. Everbody complained that no one in the mortal kombat universe should be able to hurt anyone in the DC universe regardless if superman is weak against magic. Liu Kang is a great fighter, but we all know he's no match against the green lantern. But I guess if people want a vs game, some aspects of certain characters have to be toned down a bit or alot. But we individuals do want another Marvel vs Capcom game (Marvel vs DC would be much better), but we just want our favorite past time heroes represented like they should be, and not as another flashy character with no homage to the original characters bacground.

And am I the only one thinking this is going to be a regular fighting game like Super Street Fighter 4, except with marvel and capcom characters?  I'm hoping they have a nice open enviroment to fight in like in Marvel Nemesis, where the enviroment was pretty much destroyable, and could be used to escape or attack your enemey (which would be good for Chris).

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2010, 06:18:45 PM »
I think people are reading way too much into the Hulk v Chris thing.  Do all fictional pieces make sense?  No, then why does it have to make sense now.  I mean Bruce Banner's pant stay on every time he transforms into the Hulk.  I mean are his pants elastic or made out of rubber?  Are they gamma pants?  Are they magic pants?  Can I buy these pants?
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »
I think I'm onto something!  
But all silliness aside, has anyone ever once thought that these games weren't meant to be realistic or 100% accurate to each character's strengths and abilities?  If that were the case, then some characters, in actuality, could easily triumph all of the roster.

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »
I think people are reading way too much into the Hulk v Chris thing.  Do all fictional pieces make sense?  No, then why does it have to make sense now. I mean Bruce Banner's pant stay on every time he transforms into the Hulk.  I mean are his pants elastic or made out of rubber?  Are they gamma pants?  Are they magic pants?  Can I buy these pants?

Well said... ^^(PM)^

Now if you find some info about where to get those pants... ;*))
Don't forget to send a PM. :DxDie
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2010, 06:48:02 PM »

^^(PM)^

I think we can be one step more mature and realistic ourselves than the other fanboy sites and realize that If we wanted realistic we'd stop reading comic book and playing video games... I mean, show me someone who can Super Jump or throw a Ha-Dou-Ken in the first place.

(I want to know where to buy those pants too)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »
 ;*)) i have been seeing all the flamin on the Match ups in the Game but this is an old subject since the birth of Xmen Versus SF.
First thing that came to my mind as a comic Fan was...No freakin way any street fighter can take a cut from Wolverines adamantium Claws [-X..But at the end of the day it was a hot game to see in action and fun to play :-??
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »
I'm not bashing but really the character is kind of cheesy and the guy is a complete psycho. I wounder why the sudden interest? Of course anyone could like whoever they want but jeez talk about obsession.  :-??

You been reading Post Daniel Way crap?

The pre-2008 deadpool was NOWHERE near as psycho, sure he talked to himself, but he never kills innocent people.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 02:05:58 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2010, 08:36:52 PM »

people what the fish. do yall even play the games the characters stem from? chris is no match for halk we all no this but what they were going for is some thing that had that rez evil feel. Chris fights titan monsters in RE. GAWD.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »
Chris is up against Hulk because to most fans it looks cool and fun.
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 02:05:58 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
Chris is up against Hulk because to most fans it looks cool and fun.

Ok..... i just wonder y its seem er1 is beaching about that match up if its so cool. ;*))  just saying :-@

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2010, 10:05:49 PM »
Well said... ^^(PM)^

Now if you find some info about where to get those pants... ;*))
Don't forget to send a PM. :DxDie
Don't worry, once I take a trip to "Area 51", I may come across a pair. ::salute::
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
They are gamma pants.....

Street fighter is itself unrealistic. If fighting games were realistic, you'd probably have to wait months in between matches as your character heals, then when he gets hit by the first  fireball or super flaming uppercut or whatever would burn him and wound him, probably kill him.

People like fighting games for the same reasons they like wrestling on TV.
Its fake and over-the-top.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »
They are gamma pants.....

Street fighter is itself unrealistic. If fighting games were realistic, you'd probably have to wait months in between matches as your character heals, then when he gets hit by the first  fireball or super flaming uppercut or whatever would burn him and wound him, probably kill him.

People like fighting games for the same reasons they like wrestling on TV.
Its fake and over-the-top.
Actually the World Warriors tournament wouldn't be able to begin as more than half the fighters do not meet the tournament qualifications.  E.Honda nakedness, Chun-li spike bracelets, Blanka beast, Balrog claw, Guile prohibited by US Air Force, Ibuki hidden kunais, Dhalsim long arms, Birdie knife and chains, Rolento grenades, Sodom sharp weapons, Cody pipe, knife, wrench, Twelwe mutant, Rufus weight, C.Viper hidden arms, Guy haunted by magic barrels, Vega psycho crusher.  The rest pretty much uses hand to hand with no enchancers.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »
Ok..... i just wonder y its seem er1 is beaching about that match up if its so cool. ;*))  just saying :-@

Because some people are fanboys with a stick up their butt who don't understand that if the characters were even remotely as powerful as they are sometimes portrayed in the source material we'd end up with an unbalanced, bulls*** game that has no play value whatsoever.

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #399 on: May 13, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »
Hey, look at me I'm Hulk and no one can defeat me, blaa blaa blaa.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[Today at 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15