collapse

Author Topic: James Cameron's Avatar  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:45:14 AM »
Go see this movie. Go see it in IMAX with the 3D. Its not like other 3d movies where they throw things at your face to show off the effects. The 3D gave everything a sence of perspective, and made the whole thing real.

It is a really good movie. Its Epic. Go, go now and see it in 3D, its quite an exprence.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »
I saw it in normal 2D. It was alright. My friends LOVED it, but idk. I felt that everything about it was good, but nothing was particularly great. One thing I noticed though that it's kinda like Tarzan in a sense. Anyone else thing so?

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 08:53:34 PM »
Yeah, its okay but not the "EPIC MOVIE" the media says it is.. :|
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline sirekco

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 04, 2012, 04:02:07 AM
  • life is what you make it
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:15:20 PM »
yea my friend wanna see thiz & im like thiz movie look cheesy 2me sry

Offline Whoblehwah

• Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 01:31:02 AM »

Agree'd.

Was anyone else amused by the generic army dudes? "YEAH! GET SOME!"  ;*))

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
Agree'd.

Was anyone else amused by the generic army dudes? "YEAH! GET SOME!"  ;*))

I like their mechs

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »
Open source Custom Sf3 Gouken sprites, in the open source section.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »

See scar that was your first mistake, don't believe anyone that says a movie or any type of media is "epic." That word has been so overused in recent years it does not mean anything. It starting to become a word to use when you wanna say a movie or a game... etc is stupid.

Also I think the movie is gonna be a flop just like the game. I really feel sorry for James Cameron about the game. He hired Ubisoft and they did not take it seriously. He was hyping it in every single Dev diary he did. But the game was horrible. Only thing that was good about it was the Graphics engine. It used a heavily modified Far Cry 2 engine. But they all hyped the game and it was just god awful. I wonder how much money Ubisoft invested into the game.

But I feel really sorry for James Cameron. He should not have licensed the property off to Ubisoft. They only make 2-3 good games every 2-3 years. They make 4 really crappy games then make a really good game. Then repeat the cycle.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »
i will just wait to see the real AVATAR: air bender movie to come out next year spring.  Ang needs to show the world he is the real avatar.

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 07:38:35 PM »

I thought this was the best movie I`ve seen in a while, just fantastic every single thing was executed in such a way as to make it look real, I loved this movie.
i will just wait to see the real AVATAR: air bender movie to come out next year spring.  Ang needs to show the world he is the real avatar.

Disagree, I really didn`t like that show.

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »
It is designed to impact emotionally the average human, not the non average one. Because it is.... cliché after cliché, just predictable and nothing new really. Candy for the eyes for the average McDonalds user. That doesn´t make up a real interesting story, in my case; it´s the script and only that wich makes a good story.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
I thought this was the best movie I`ve seen in a while, just fantastic every single thing was executed in such a way as to make it look real, I loved this movie.
Disagree, I really didn`t like that show.

LOL I HEAR YA.  i actually havent seen this movie yet, my mom and sis said it was ok. the graphics was eye candy but the story was well, you already knew where it was gonna go. i said i wanna see the air bender flick because i actually do like the show and story plots and character build ups.  plus i heard of the avatar air bender movie first so when i saw the trailer for the movie for this one i got confused. but what can ya say, some will like it and some wont.  :thumbsup:

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »

It is designed to impact emotionally the average human, not the non average one. Because it is.... cliché after cliché, just predictable and nothing new really. Candy for the eyes for the average McDonalds user. That doesn´t make up a real interesting story, in my case; it´s the script and only that wich makes a good story.

Have you even seen the movie? There's actualy more to it then you think. Im offended that you would group everyone who likes this movie as "The Average McDonalds user"
There is actualy more to read into it then you think, your just too closed minded to even attempt to grasp the hidden issues and ideas in this film.

If you dont like it, thats fine, but dont lable all the people that do like it as stupid, or beneath you.

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »
Spider, your opinion about the movie is not the only one, im free to have one, dont come here censoring mine.

You dont even know a crap on how open minded i am to start with.

I label because labeling is correct in this case, a movie directed to an specific audience who rolls over the floor in joy over FX rather than scrpiting. There is no profoundness, in the script, not originality, the stupid "humans are greedy badly and indigini good as heaven" seen in over 100 movies with the same battles; Starcraft crap, etc,  just what i have seen in hundreds of movies already. Period. Cameron only wanted to show technological advantages, and show how rich he became after another cliché movie he did, Titanic. Nothing more.

If yo wanna take a rollercoaster, go see avatar in 3d, it´s just that, a rollercoaster.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:32:51 AM by Ohsky »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »
Go ahead and lable me and anyone else who liked this movie. Go ahead and throw arround words like cliché without truly understanding the meaning of the word.

It just proves how closed minded you are.

I know my opinion isnt the only one. That dosnt mean your opinion gives you the right to trash everyone else who disagrees with you. This is why you are closed minded.

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »
I haven´t trashed anyone with my opinion, you manipulated it to make it look like it.  You only spread lies and misinformation, manipulation about what i have said because you feel you are one of those mcdonalds (are you really?¿, i said that because mcdonals sells trash, and Avatar is trash as well so has sense) users or because you pray at how "good" is the movie; all in relativity. Good you enjoyed it, where´s the problem?, in other person shitting at it?, get over it, is a fact we are free to have an opinion on our own without being coerced by manipulators like you to think the same as you do.

I will say more about that movie even, it´s directed to a teenager´s mind. Because it´s easy, and cheap, pure commercial thing. An easy made and sold, if you have the money. It´s a mix of a lot of other previous movies that were original and really good then, like dancing with wolves, the last of the mohicans, apocalypto (well this one is crap soorry), etc, that´s why im not surprised by it. It has awesome fx, but that´s all, that dont make it a good movie for me.

If we can´t discuss about how we think of a movie, with different or even contrary opinions mixed on it, without personal attacks here, the purpose of a forum is denied.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:03:02 PM by Ohsky »

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »
Hey, so was this at all related to the show? Or is that the other one. Too lazy to google.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 03:47:51 PM »
Hey, so was this at all related to the show? Or is that the other one. Too lazy to google.
its the other one. the one about well switching minds with an alien type creature somehow whatever and .... i have no idea after that but all i can tell is somehow someway the soldier who became the alien thingy and is fighting alongside the beings with all the high fx creatutres against the military who sent him there in the first place.... something like that. definetly not Ang the avatar air bender. thats not out yet. the lil boy playin him seems like an awesome martial artist too. hope its good.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »
I haven´t trashed anyone with my opinion, you manipulated it to make it look like it.  You only spread lies and misinformation, manipulation about what i have said because you feel you are one of those mcdonalds (are you really?¿, i said that because mcdonals sells trash, and Avatar is trash as well so has sense) users or because you pray at how "good" is the movie; all in relativity. Good you enjoyed it, where´s the problem?, in other person shitting at it?, get over it, is a fact we are free to have an opinion on our own without being coerced by manipulators like you to think the same as you do.

I will say more about that movie even, it´s directed to a teenager´s mind. Because it´s easy, and cheap, pure commercial thing. An easy made and sold, if you have the money. It´s a mix of a lot of other previous movies that were original and really good then, like dancing with wolves, the last of the mohicans, apocalypto (well this one is crap soorry), etc, that´s why im not surprised by it. It has awesome fx, but that´s all, that dont make it a good movie for me.

If we can´t discuss about how we think of a movie, with different or even contrary opinions mixed on it, without personal attacks here, the purpose of a forum is denied.

You see this message. If you read it, you'll see how your grouping everyone who likes the movie, and comparing it something you think is trash. There for that is a personal attack. Me stating that is not me spreading misinformation.
If you didnt like the movie, you dont have to group everyone who does like the movie in what what you call "trash."
There are other ways you can go about saying you dont like the movie without being a troll, but you are too closed minded to understand that apprently.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 28, 2024, 12:10:06 AM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »
@ Ohsky/Mew: Ok fellas.. let it go. No need to drag that side discussion on. It's the Holiday's. Let's have a little more cheer in here.

Here's my opinion. I am not seeing this movie at all. I don't like Avatar nor am I interested in it. As a matter a fact, this is how I feel when I hear people who I know wanting to see this movie... :-&

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »

Spidermew, you are being ten times more a troll than me right now, so stop it. You psychic vampire.
 First off, don't call other members names here and second, when someone asks you to stop it, please respect that and don't start any fights up here. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:23:17 PM by Ohsky »

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »
Spidermew, you are being ten times more a troll than me right now, so stop it. You psychic vampire.

WTF Troll, wow Ohsky looks like he came from GameFaqs  ;D

BTW - What`s the psychic vampire comment mean? FAIL

Go ahead and lable me and anyone else who liked this movie. Go ahead and throw arround words like cliché without truly understanding the meaning of the word.

It just proves how closed minded you are.

I know my opinion isnt the only one. That dosnt mean your opinion gives you the right to trash everyone else who disagrees with you. This is why you are closed minded.

Epic on your part, I loved to movie, it may be on the cliche side of things in some way, but that doesn`t mean it`s bad, in fact, everytime you post in anything is to critizice negatively, you truly are close minded and so into yourself it`s not even funny :|

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
LoL at "psychic vampire." Spidermew, stop reading people's minds and sucking blood.
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
Even though I don't like the blue smurfs I'll probably go see this movie, just because it's a fun good film from James Cameron (unlike Bayformers 2 which sucked).

LOL at "Avatard"!
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 09:04:08 PM »
During some parts of the movie, I kept getting reminded how close of a resemblance it came to HALO.

Get rid of the main character with Master Chief, change the blue aliens with the covenant and make pandora halo..

Bring on the pain...
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD