collapse

Author Topic: Arkham Asylum 2?  (Read 374 times)

Offline bse24

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 26, 2024, 04:15:28 PM
    • Email
Arkham Asylum 2?
« on: December 12, 2009, 08:15:30 PM »
Is anybody else watching the VGAs, because it looks like it just showed a trailer of Arkham Asylum 2
 :o :o

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
Re: Arkham Asylum 2?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0c61DJF6Gg#

Yep! And it looks like it'll take place in Gotham instead of Arkham!!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »
They're showing it twice tonight, and i didn't even know it was on today so I recorded the 2nd one. Starts in 3 hours, so I'll start watching in 4.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »
The VGA's were horrible. 95% of the people up on stage besides the devs were all just stars. No gamers at all. heck most of the big world premiere's hardly anyone in the audience really cheered. I think they just bought the tickets to see some of the headlining stars.

Also the world premieres weren't all that good either. Batman 2 looks good, Specs ops looks good and maybe Prince of Persia. The halo reach trailer really disappointed me. I was hoping for some actual ingame footage of the leaked weapons.

But I still can't wait for Halo reach, I wanna see how much it differs from the first novel.

I just hope they bring all the key spartans in, Fred,Kelly, John (spartan 117, Master chief) and the rest of em. If they don't it will really ruin the lore. All the other halo games have been almost 100% spot on to the books.

Anyways the premieres were decent. but over all the VGA's period I would rank 3/10. I did like hearing Uncharted 2 get Game of the year! That was awesome I stood up and cheered and then said a nice FU to infinity ward.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »
Haha. I liked it when Jack Black freaked out. He was all "d*mmit! Brutal Legend not nominated for game of the year! lol... I wonder if he was literally thrown out or that was a whole stage thing, because we all know he's crazy... cool crazy... but still crazy... ;*))

I liked having the Prince of Persia guy there too. FINALLY a Prince of Persia sequel I've been wanting since the last one was announced... the last one was a disappointment... It had the right special effects and everything for the characters but the story and some of the gameplay just stunk.. It seemed more.... realistic though, because he couldn't die I suppose... because of the "magical lady" with him... lol... idk... but the new one looks cool already. I hope that's Daston that I saw there. Anyone else interested in the movie? It looks really decent, and I hope they at least have a decent story AND ESPECIALLY DIALOGUE.. most video game movies are ruined by dialogue...

Edit: oh it's a relaunch... hmm..

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »
Dude the whole show was rehearsed. Nothing was done on the spot. They even lied about it being un edited. They said because it was gonna be live there was gonna be no edits or censoring. But damn they sure did bleep off and on.

Plus I did not see any actual gamers there. All of them were actors besides the dev teams. Well maybe Jack black but that was about it. almost every single person was an actor. Plus I think the audience was just there for headlining because of there favorite star/actor from TV or movies. The audience did not explode on some of  big announcements like they should have done.

Even the rehearsal vid on GT.com had people posing as gamers. Those jersey shore people, they were all acting like they loved video games on the rehearsal. The 2 guys said the best video games they ever played were DJ hero and Guitar Hero. I mean really? A real gamer would pick 30X better titles then that. Stupid posers.

Plus there skit with mike Tyson was god awful. I hope they do way better on there own show or it will not go past the first season.

All in all VGA's were crap. I should have just waited for the trailers to come out on Gametrailers.com instead of wasting 2 hours of my life. Ooh well at least UC2 won game of the year. That was the best thing of the show!

ooh Mike Tyson was plastered wasn't he?

EDIT: Also a couple of people, including me thought Mike Tyson said he killed his daughter during the rehearsal. It's on Gametrailers.com everyone please watch it. He's back in the back with this white dude and they are talking about games, then Mike looks up and says "I killed my daughter" then laughs. I think 4-5 more people heard the same thing. So please if you guys can find it watch it. I want to find out if he said that.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:56 PM »
So if you're a celeb, you're not a gamer? I mean every awards show always has celebs cause of the rating they can bring. Just because you might know some famous gamers who won tons of money gaming or something doesn't mean that most people would know who they are. Video games are very universal and alot of kids growing up especially the last 25 years have played them. There is a difference in being paid on what to say like the hero games being the best games they played to not being a gamer at all. They were people before they became celebs and to assume they never played a video game or rarely play them is kinda dumb. A gamer isn't a guy who plays 15 hours a day and plays all kinds of games. A gamer to me is a person who just enjoys video games, even if they like only Halo, Madden, Gears, CoD, or any other very hyped up game or what "casuals" like.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar