collapse

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 752 times)

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 07:33:12 PM
    • Email
Modern Warfare 2
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:01:06 PM »
A brief summary from gamefaqs

Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person tactical shooter and the sixth entry in the popular Call of Duty series. True to its name and following the lead of its predecessor, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, it places players in modern combat settings, as opposed to the WWII environments of the earlier Call of Duty games. This modern approach brings with it new weapons, action and options. Coupled with a variety of gameplay modes including single player, multiplayer and the co-op Special Ops Mode, it is destined to be one of the most popular games of 2009 and a worthy addition to the Call of Duty series.

As for my opinion being not a big fan of shooters and playing my first COD ill start by saying its a great game, not awesome but indeed great.

The campaign mode is fast, crazy, with tons of variety, some decent plot twists and well a weak story. its about 3-6 hours so be warned. Co-op are 2 player vs the world kind of deal and they are pretty fun as well as much more challenging than the actual game for the trophy hunters out there expect a run for your money, a lot of different missions here too its not just a shootout as usual.

Finally and worthy of its own paragraph is the multiplayer mode  ;D now  here is the real deal and apparently such is the trend of COD games. For those who havent played them dont expect like huge differences as all shooters are very similar, waht you can expect is one of the most fine tunned gameplays this genre has to offer, 8-18 players at the same time with a very good online service, one of the fastest multiplayer mode due to very fast kills, instant respawns and small stages, the usual multiplayer modes for these games and added to the speed of the game what i believe makes this multiplayer so addictive is how customizable your character is AND the fact that the stuff to customize is unlocked as you level up by playing online, now that doesnt sound new as many shooters work that way, the difference is that this one balances the casual player who doesnt want to go RPG and the more hardcore who goes math deep in this stuff. Phew got carried away there.

Now for a little conclusion if you fancy shooter multiplayer games even a bit then this is a must buy, expecially while its hot. If you dont like em too much then at least do as i did and rent it.

And remeber this is a Multiplayer game with a campaign mode not the other way around so dont get it if you expect a legthy absorbing story mode cause you wont get it.

So who else got?? and how you liking it so far

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »
w00t!
I am the craziest player in MW2, and proud of it!
I play purely with a Riot Sheild, which is pretty tough due to 2-hit melee kills and no way to shoot, but I've found the way to compensate; the Throwing Knife. It is your gun, and since your can pick it back up post-throw, it's reusable.
I must admit though, at 5 staight deaths, the shotgun comes out.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »
ah yes the riot shield is so fun, domination or headquarters are awesome with it, tons of fun to see like 3 peeps trying to kill you shooting like crazy lol big fun it is but can you use the throwing knife while you are shielding??? i dont think the shield has any add ons

and
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 10:47:22 PM by vyn »

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:13:13 PM »
Had one better: Cross Afghan at the beggining of the match.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »
Played this game till 2:30 AM last night, because I got it towards midnight... :DxDie

It's awesome, I just don't like how... this regular difficulty setting is like the hardened version from MW1... anyone else find this game ridiculously hard?

Also, yes I participated in the airport scene..
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:40:07 AM »
really? ive read its actually eaiser. i find the game pretty hard indeed but i attribute that to this being my first cod and bout my 4th shooter so i suck big time

and you better do pay for it mister -_-

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 12:43:09 AM »
I will get it, of course.. Did you know I'm still playing MW1 on PC?
(click to show/hide)

Anyways... yeah.. like while playing on Regular and getting up to where you had to go in the house that has the pool in the back.. places like that.. I kept f*kin dying.. it's like they put the enemies in the wrong places.. I was like.. wtf! I took like a 2 hour break to relieve my aggrevation! ~X(

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 04:20:38 PM »
Now keep in mind that the PC version is basically a console port. So while  this game is perfect on consoles its utter sh*t on the PC. But I won't get into the exact reasons why because of the fact it would take 3 to 4 posts to explain all the reasons why. but if you think im full of BS go to infinity ward forums or activision forums and look at the PC board for MW2.

but to put it simply its an awesome game but activision aren't getting a dime from me. I'm boycotting the game just like 200K+ more people are doing. Thats the PC game.

So if you have a console and its your primary gaming machine. Buy this game. If you play on the PC wait for Battlefield Bad company 2 because Dice have stuck to the PC standards instead of casting us PC gamers aside to console people.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »
Um.. you may want to rethink your sentence there, because the PS3 is having much problems with the multiplayer, and who knows what's going on with the 360... I think they would've designed it more for the PC market after MW1's sales...

I think they did leave us out on the PC multiplayer, though...

Also, was anyone else at least somewhat satisfied with the story mode ending? I was like..... YEAH!! Take that b*tch! Then oh hey you! Then.... wtf..... that's it...?

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »
I just finished the campaign mode tonight and I loved that end 'battle' but the ending was a let down.
My biggest fault with it is that the story is terrible.
There is so much going on and none of the missions seem to relate to each other (for the most part anyway) & because of this, my interest in the characters and the story just wasn't there.

Had it not been been for the great storyline in MW1 then the endgame wouldn't have been any good either.

I also found regular difficulty to be ridiculous. Especially the Favela stage, too many enemies spawning in too many places!

The multiplayer is still the superb, highly polished multiplayer from cod4 but it also seems even more balanced this time around.
So far I'm liking the maps etc and I love unlocking the 'Titles & Emblems' (For those that don't know, they show up whenever you make a kill & they are in a similar vein to the title & icons in SFiv)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 09:15:30 PM »
I also found regular difficulty to be ridiculous. Especially the Favela stage, too many enemies spawning in too many places!
So it wasn't just me then.... #:-S

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »
I've got mixed feelings about the game... 8=|

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »
overall its good yeah the SP is short but multiplayer is crazy getting shot from all angles especially from the sky (helicopters, planes, missiles, nukes)

great guns and perks
i like it but i do miss mw1 though

so whats ur fave gun/perk/attachments/emblem/title/kill streaks?

mine is the scar grenade launcher with scavenger pro stoppin power pro commando
killstreaks 4 care package 5 predator missile 6 pave low
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »
I got the 'Unbreakable' title last night which has a Tank on it, as an Ex Tank driver that is my title of choice ( I also like the 'Newjack' & 'completely Numb' titles), I like the emblem with the guys holding the flag up.
Weapon set wise, I like these two set ups but I change mine daily anyway to keep me on my toes.

1. UMP using bling to get a red dot sight & a silencer, thumper, sticky grenade, smoke grenade, stopping power pro & ninja, deathstreak = martyrdom

2. Riot shield,  .44 magnum, stun grenades, throwing knife, stopping power pro, lightweight pro, commando pro, deathstreak = copycat

Killstreaks: 3 = care package, 4 = gun turret, 11 = pave low

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 02:43:07 PM »
im still figuring my fav build specially since m level 36 so i still have a lot of stuff to unlock but so far i work with scar-h, third sniper i cant remember the name but the high accuracy suits my lowsy aim, the p90 and the riot shield for the lolz, usually equip them with heartbeat sensor and thermal when possible cuz my aiming sucks big time, secondary is the stinger cuz i hate air support crap so  take it down the second it shows up

perks well bling or sleight of hand (dont overlook this one its awesome), the extra damage one andothers just vary

waiting for a better assault riffle and shotgun

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »
I'm only level 28 atm.

There's something really gratifying about smashing someone down with your shield after the'yve just emptied a mag into it.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »
Unlocked the Winchester 1887 last night, and I have to say, it is the best shotgun in the game hands down. Especially with the Akimbo attachment. I find that it works really well with my Tar21 Thermal Scope. My killstreak reward is set up like this btw.

3 kills - UAV
7 kills - Harrier Strike
11 kills - AC130/Chopper Gunner

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
I officially suck at life.
I have a kd of 0.58, and have only gotten the harrier strike once legitly. I'm lucky just to get a kill before I die! The only reason I say this is because of the noobtubers who, once again, ruined CoD. Thanks a lot, Jerkwads!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 01:15:49 PM »
ive slowly but surely gotten better, my ratio is still crap cause of history so far but  can get bout 2 or 3 kills b4 i die and thats a lot lol cuz  suck at shooters and still do just a little less

you should try the free for all mode, getting kills in it is much easier and its rather fun unless its full of snipers in which case i leave and look for a more manly game lol

btw im on ps3, add me im netta28

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 07:06:51 PM »
K/D Ratio went down to 2.08 for me from 2.25 or something. I don't take this game seriously anymore. It was such a huge letdown when it comes to multiplayer. The game is strictly fanfare. Nothing more...

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 03:56:49 AM »
I'm loving this game's multiplayer. I personally think they polished it and made it much more balanced than COD4.

I have a few of the 'Akimbo'weapons and they all feel really weak and innaccurate so far (mainly sub-machine guns) then last night I got the .44 Magnum's akimbo..... hell yeah, I was legging it around the invasion map destroying people with my six shooters lol. Racked up loads of kills.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 03, 2024, 03:51:35 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 08:16:44 AM »
I'm loving this game's multiplayer. I personally think they polished it and made it much more balanced than COD4.

I have a few of the 'Akimbo'weapons and they all feel really weak and innaccurate so far (mainly sub-machine guns) then last night I got the .44 Magnum's akimbo..... hell yeah, I was legging it around the invasion map destroying people with my six shooters lol. Racked up loads of kills.

altho i love it the one thing that bugs me is if your nicked byb a bullet your died. I miss some one shooting at me as i run around thing and pop them with a close range shotgun blast or knife them.

Post Merge: November 24, 2009, 08:18:48 AM
I officially suck at life.
I have a kd of 0.58, and have only gotten the harrier strike once legitly. I'm lucky just to get a kill before I die! The only reason I say this is because of the noobtubers who, once again, ruined CoD. Thanks a lot, Jerkwads!

noobtubers whats that?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »
Grenade launchers.

Infact, if you wanted to you could play a whole match with grenade launchers in MW2. Just equip any assault rifle with a grenade launcher attachment & choose the thumper as a 2nd weapon.
That's 4 rounds off the bat, then you just need to scavenger perk which will fully resupply you when you pass over a dead body and hey presto! Infinite grenade rounds.

Offline kekaulikejose

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 07, 2011, 03:40:06 AM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 10:23:41 AM »
play on-line all the time ...add me........ KOMODOWOLF_808

Ryu By...ShinLeeJin

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
So i hit lvl 70 a couple days ago to finally get that damn ak47 only to find out it sucks with lowsy damage and horrible recoil... the model 1887 shotgun on the other hand is godly with akimbo, fmj and dmg perks and the terminator-like reloading of it is awesome too, equip it wth a riot shield and you are a tank

as for the other high lvl weapons

mini uzi is great on akimbo and fmj but as the other submguns it runs out of bullets real quick

M240 has great fire rate but it really lacks dmg so stick to Aug Hbar

M21 is great for those not so good at snipers like myself since it has great fire rate and little recoil but for pro snipers use the intervention

TMP is the best machine pistol so once u get it drop the others and akmbo this gun

desert eagle shoots water or something cause you never hit a damn thing and has the worst recoil, one would expect one shot kills but nah

RPG is kinda fun but really not that helpful so stick to stinger or the javelin maybe

So monst mid lvl weapons are the best really, just a couple of exeptions

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar