collapse

Author Topic: Who has Played Brutal Legend & BorderLands?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Who has Played Brutal Legend & BorderLands?
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »
got em both yesterday and both are cool @ss games except Borderlands seems to get tough later. im only at lvl 6 and im dealing with some enemy called a "Bonehead" whos defends is hella high....geez man. plus he deals stupid damage. Its like a Way faster Paced and Funny version of Fallout 3 er somethin. BUt its cool though i layed off with that and played Brutal legend and already i started liking it lol :w00t:

Jack black is a clown. i swear lol...

But the game is hot so far. its like Megadeth/ Black sabbath meets God of war er somethin...very very cool powers effects n combos. Music is of course classic metal. Like youre watching a Pixar Heavy metal Cartoon er somethin...
Just think of the games designs like the front of those old gritty Heavy Metal Covers n what not with the hell and metal sh*t goin on. just like that pretty much 8)...

Its cool in the begining of the games intro. just before The char says a Cuss word they give you the option for the rest of the game if you want those words bleeped out or just Go Rated R droppin the F bomb at times...

and then for Gore the same thing. Just before You seen some poor dweeb get their heads cut off the ask you do you wanna see the gore or not....so its a cool parental choice of PG 13 setting and Rated R which is pretty tight. never seen that done in a game before on a funny note..

But anyway two cool @ss games so im wondering whos played em so far

Borderlands

Brutal Legend

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
Re: Who has Played Brutal Legend & BorderLands?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:51:44 AM »
i played the brutal legend demo really dug it but im not buying it renting it tho bordelands i havent played but its probably gonna b my next purchase it looks like a really good game for coop
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »
yeh brutal is cool. i tried it...my box is a bit "Jazzed up" so i get em dirt cheap. but that borderlands is pretty ill man. you level up a whole lot man. get hella guns and can level that skill up. areas are dumb huge man enemies are as tough as you in level so u have to be careful with that. sometimes you gotta level up a bit more and then comeback to get ya revenge....

youll dig it. long game fo reals

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »
im gonna dl brutal legends this weekend it got deboed by tekken 6 dl lol!! borderlands is surprisingly good!! it got them controls of cod the moon man jumps of halo and the micro managing and big world of fallout!! A must have game!!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 01:33:53 AM »
haha ;) i figured youd like it. drags you in like Fallout 3 did. its so much to do and a lottla leveling up. bout a day er so ago i started driving around...love runnin enemies over who can take heavy bullet damage....

solves all ya troubles & Quick! lol  >:D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:37:33 AM »
Haha demon my 360 is "jazzed up" aswell.  My 360 is close to the RROD tho. So I gotta spend $20+ on parts for repairs to do it myself. Im gonna do the hybrid Xclamp fix. Which is 2 fixes in one basically. its the new and improved RROD fix. My hana/anna chip  I think is about to come clear off the board so my 360 only lasts 10 minutes on a good day without freezing.

I have to do a reflow on my hana/anna chip. So I figured I would remove those god awful Xclamps while I was at it. Its probably gonna take me 2-3 hours to fix mine. I gotta sand down the metal cage that houses the motherboard to prepare for the hybrid fix. So dremel and sander are gonna come in handy.

But about brutal legend. Im gonna get it when my "jazzed up" xbox gets fixed. Got plenty of "jazzed up" Equipment. But I played the demo on PS3 (sucks when I don't have a 360 working) but the game is awesome. Can't wait to play the full version.

Also ive got borderlands on PC. I'm at the same part with bonehead. hes brutal. I'm a lv 7 Soldier so I gotta go do some more missions before I take him down. I tried the old FPS approach and used cover plus my turret and he still whips my but NP. Using cover to your advantage at a low level still results in death.

But all in all both games are really good. Seriously gotta get my box fixed. but till then my PS3 is stealing away the hours. Uncharted 2 is amazing. Best game on PS3 to date!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »
Haha demon my 360 is "jazzed up" aswell.  My 360 is close to the RROD tho. So I gotta spend $20+ on parts for repairs to do it myself. Im gonna do the hybrid Xclamp fix. Which is 2 fixes in one basically. its the new and improved RROD fix. My hana/anna chip  I think is about to come clear off the board so my 360 only lasts 10 minutes on a good day without freezing.

I have to do a reflow on my hana/anna chip. So I figured I would remove those god awful Xclamps while I was at it. Its probably gonna take me 2-3 hours to fix mine. I gotta sand down the metal cage that houses the motherboard to prepare for the hybrid fix. So dremel and sander are gonna come in handy.

But about brutal legend. Im gonna get it when my "jazzed up" xbox gets fixed. Got plenty of "jazzed up" Equipment. But I played the demo on PS3 (sucks when I don't have a 360 working) but the game is awesome. Can't wait to play the full version.

Also ive got borderlands on PC. I'm at the same part with bonehead. hes brutal. I'm a lv 7 Soldier so I gotta go do some more missions before I take him down. I tried the old FPS approach and used cover plus my turret and he still whips my but NP. Using cover to your advantage at a low level still results in death.

But all in all both games are really good. Seriously gotta get my box fixed. but till then my PS3 is stealing away the hours. Uncharted 2 is amazing. Best game on PS3 to date!

lol so you understand my understandin on the "Jazzed up" box huh? >:D 8)
Groovey man. yeh ya cant go wrong there bro mos def.Yeh P',  why dont you just get a new xbox like an elite er somethin? It sucks ya gotta keep fixin ya situation. I heard about those RROD fix parts too. but i decided to get a new 360 and make the magic happen 8) But thats cool you know how to add the "Bionics" in man. i wouldnt know where ta start lol :-??

As for that brutal, hell yeh man ya gotta get that. The full game is Official and tight. halarious too. But before i dive heavy in that i gotta get Borderlands outta my system! :D Maaaan and you thought Bonhead was a problem?? :o laaawd o.O# Hell i thought so too. WRONG! wait till you get to "Sledge's Safe house" 8=| >:D lol Dude just man up, level up heavy and clip up tight before takin chances! Cuz i found out the hard way and all ill say is in the end i had to flee cuz "Every minor enemy" i see now has a Giant M*therfuckin version of themsleves lmao and me being at level 14 in there wasnt cuttin it enough @^@ lol

so Proceed with caution!! :O*D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 02:52:17 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the Brutal Legend game... The first half of the demo was funny though... It just didn't appeal to me... plus Escapist's review made me definitely say nay....

I am playing Borderlands.... Though I wish there was an option to make it 3rd person... don't get me wrong... making it 1st person was the right choice, it's just that type of game where all the monsters and everything are right up "in your grill" (lol), I just think third person would be an option. If it never becomes an option, I can see a lot of people returning and/or trading it back in, selling it, etc. ....

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
Yea I agree 3rd person on borderlands would add a nice feature. PC vets/modders will do it.

@Demon, I don't have the cash to buy a new box or I would. Only takes 1 hour to re "Jazz" it. But the hybrid fix will work for a good year or longer. So by then there will be a new xbox coming out.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 06:36:30 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the Brutal Legend game... The first half of the demo was funny though... It just didn't appeal to me... plus Escapist's review made me definitely say nay....

I am playing Borderlands.... Though I wish there was an option to make it 3rd person... don't get me wrong... making it 1st person was the right choice, it's just that type of game where all the monsters and everything are right up "in your grill" (lol), I just think third person would be an option. If it never becomes an option, I can see a lot of people returning and/or trading it back in, selling it, etc. ....

cant beat gettin a new game for 20 bucks lol :-?? But i like it so far. its pretty cool and funny like a pixar cartoon er somethin. just my opnion on that. But Borderlands is great :thumbsup:. i dont mind the first person bit at all. you do see 3rd person but only when ya jump out the jeep or whateva :P lol. if ya have xbox live its hella fun online....game drags ya in like fallout 3 in my opinion but keeps ya shootin and less talkin. if i got it regular id still keep it 8)....

Yea I agree 3rd person on borderlands would add a nice feature. PC vets/modders will do it.

@Demon, I don't have the cash to buy a new box or I would. Only takes 1 hour to re "Jazz" it. But the hybrid fix will work for a good year or longer. So by then there will be a new xbox coming out.

yeh. the pc mods can hook up anything. man i saw DBZ goku flying around in San andreas GTA so im sure theyd do somethin about that. but as a fun factor the game is hella cool. i actually liked it better than that new halo actually which i have.
As for the system i hear ya. and yeh theres a new Bundle 360 comin soon for that new call of duty i think (more memory less money to spend). but i was just sayin :-?? 8)...

Thats good that hybrid is reliable for a year....good stuff man and hella cool u know how to do that :cool. wish i did :(|) lol
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:18:58 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »
Its actually quite simple. I got a tutorial for it. but you do need some knowledge about computers and electronics/circuitry in general.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »
Its actually quite simple. I got a tutorial for it. but you do need some knowledge about computers and electronics/circuitry in general.

yeh thats what i mean my dude. im computer savvy but no tech head though :-??. wish i was :(|). cuz i would jazz up my old G 1 box and just put In "EVO" and nothin but old school games like nes, snes etc etc :w00t:....

so kudos to you on that skill man ::salute::

HAIL CROM!!

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 06:36:05 PM »
hehe cheers. :)

i'm currently learning how to write software. So that will be awesome. Then I may contribute to mod scenes to help out.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »
hehe cheers. :)

i'm currently learning how to write software. So that will be awesome. Then I may contribute to mod scenes to help out.

Ah that sounds flavaful that youre learning about software. Groovey man 8)

EDIT

oh back on topic With borderlands. yeh im now at level 20. d@mn this game has hella upgrades n stuff for ya weapons and they wasnt playin at all about the so called "Kazillians of weapons" geez. /:O
man when i think one gun is powerful theres an even bigger and better version out there or i kill off a tough enemy for it >:D

Heck like i said even the enemy family lines are like that. you fight on and theres a bigger n meaner version of their crew out there. Its halarious. but i love

Right now i just unlocked a new map area. game is pretty huge.

Im havin fun more n more in Borderlands :w00t:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:56:19 PM by DEMONKAI »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »
Had to bump this back up ;D. What level are any of you cats on? :P i reached level 31 earlier today. Im kickin @ss but it still dont me a thing lol. Cuz im sure imma find some new harsh area map thats real tough >:D

Man so far today i fought this Huge shodow of colossus/cloverfield monster with ahem.."sexual medical problem" in the face...thats all ill say man :DxDie

its awesome after ya take em down though....just walk over to it ;) ;*))

Beat him and king Wee wee......and yeh thats his name not a joke  :-?? lol...

Anyway ive been hearing from a Friend he seen people online at level 50 :o

geeeez man.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »
i got a question on borderlands

Lets say i play it split screen with a second controller connected BUT can i play online at the same time so its my 2 controllers PLUS 2 online people??? (like little big planet, ressitance 2 etc) or is it either 2 offline or 4 online, nothing in between???

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »
i got a question on borderlands

Lets say i play it split screen with a second controller connected BUT can i play online at the same time so its my 2 controllers PLUS 2 online people??? (like little big planet, ressitance 2 etc) or is it either 2 offline or 4 online, nothing in between???

lol ya know i never experimented with it that way....Interestin idea though 8)

But i believe its just 2 offline and mainly for maxium online

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 09:33:04 PM »
mind givng it a shot? id like to be sure b4 buying something for 80 bucks heh

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 10:35:19 PM »
started playing brutal legend yesterday, i didn't think i would like it, but its awesome (i'm not really even a fan of metal) the dialogue and cutscenes are hilarious and the face melter always makes me lol. i'm about to do my second battle after protecting the tour bus from those motorcycle things. when will i be able to play my guitar without it getting hot really quickly? its annoying when i have to stop to let it cool down

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 11:29:09 PM »
mind givng it a shot? id like to be sure b4 buying something for 80 bucks heh

well d@mn! 80 bucks :|?? where do live at man? obviously youre not in the U.S. that game is 60 bucks man. Anyway im not officially back on xbox live yet. Sorry bud. Ive always been temporary cuz i have times when im not home much and its a waste of money to me :-??. So i cant test that theory for ya man. I mean its a possibilty though cuz left 4 dead you can have two separate accounts (that you pay for on that system) and use two different names and do co op in split screen. Not all games does that. But honestly at the end of the day its a great game hands down with with too much action and sh*t to do in it. If youre not big on action shooters that are first person. Big playing field of maps. tons of missions, enemies, weapons and levels to upgrades to with an ADV RPG feel then this aint the game to buy at all. Game is dope online or off. so think about it

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »
its cool tnx mate, i live in mexico it may not be 80 bucks but its more expensive cuz official stores are asses and importing has its extra expenses of course

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 06:54:17 PM »
its cool tnx mate, i live in mexico it may not be 80 bucks but its more expensive cuz official stores are asses and importing has its extra expenses of course

Oooh now i see why VYn. I get you ;). well i would say thats crazy but thats the same thing when i buy Japanese fighting games or whateva on Import in NY and the imports cost at times 70, 75 or 80 bucks (the rare popular import items ).

wow that sucks. but eh i guess if you have money to have fun with and that game will never make it in Mexico its pretty worth VYn. hours of play youll get out of it most def.

But anyway man hopefully youll get ta play it.

cheers

started playing brutal legend yesterday, i didn't think i would like it, but its awesome (i'm not really even a fan of metal) the dialogue and cutscenes are hilarious and the face melter always makes me lol. i'm about to do my second battle after protecting the tour bus from those motorcycle things. when will i be able to play my guitar without it getting hot really quickly? its annoying when i have to stop to let it cool down

lol yeh its a real cool game. Only thing is i havent jumped back on it yet. Borderlands sucked me in so between that and sleep (lol)i didnt get a chance to really play or finish off the other games i have which are:

Halo ODST
WET
Marvell A 2
Cabella's Big Game Hunting
Brutal legends (of course)
&
SAW

But i will be most likely jumpin on Brutal & Wet (again) back n forth ;)

I could have the FALLOUT 3 DLC CD a source made for me but I rather wait till i finish off some of those games though :-j

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »
well i got lucky and will be buying borderlands for bout 50 bucks (new and all) so even if i dont like it i can sell it and get most of my money back yay lol, but ive done some research and it does look fun, especially since ill be playing it with my girl, i love co-op games cuz of that, RE5 and LBP were a hell lotta fun like that

too bad we cant play as i will be gettin it for the ps3

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 09:25:03 PM »
well i got lucky and will be buying borderlands for bout 50 bucks (new and all) so even if i dont like it i can sell it and get most of my money back yay lol, but ive done some research and it does look fun, especially since ill be playing it with my girl, i love co-op games cuz of that, RE5 and LBP were a hell lotta fun like that

too bad we cant play as i will be gettin it for the ps3

lol no doubt man...but trust me youll like it 8) I havent played it with my girl yet though. But she did like it when i was playing it though.
She tried to hang in there with me in Left 4 dead but she kept sayin it makes her jump too much lol....

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »
haha, havent played that , is it scary? cuz i bought dead space supposed to be the one scary game for the ps3 and although a great game its not scary at all

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[Today at 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[Today at 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare