collapse

Author Topic: Soulja Boy actualy made a good song that didnt sound stupid.  (Read 1579 times)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
Re: Soulja Boy actualy made a good song that didnt sound stupid.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 02:47:46 AM »
i agree. Soulja Whore is a never will be who's only popular now because he made a stupid dance that high school kids and nerds think is cool if they can do it. he will never be a good rapper. he's a good entertainer, ill give him that, but no soulja boy, you are not a rapper, you never will be a rapper. the best you will do is be some circus clown 20 years from now doing the same retarded dance routine with your fake tats and dollar store bling trying to make a come back like vanilla ice and mc hammer.
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »
i agree. Soulja Whore is a never will be who's only popular now because he made a stupid dance that high school kids and nerds think is cool if they can do it. he will never be a good rapper. he's a good entertainer, ill give him that, but no soulja boy, you are not a rapper, you never will be a rapper. the best you will do is be some circus clown 20 years from now doing the same retarded dance routine with your fake tats and dollar store bling trying to make a come back like vanilla ice and mc hammer.

yeah well this one didn't suck as much so i will give him props on making something that someone might wanna listen to.
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
smh at all of you hating on this boy

again you dont have to listen to him so done stop soundin like a hip hop elitist

its damn music stop trying to divide this crap between "real hip hop" and mainstream

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »

again you dont have to listen to him so done stop soundin like a hip hop elitist

its damn music stop trying to divide this crap between "real hip hop" and mainstream

Speaking on behalf of the ppl that know what real lyricism is and just want to jam to something they can chill/ride/hang out or just relate to. You cant do that to a dance track, it gets old and annoying fast. Hip Hop cant last like that and this thing needs to last forever. Im not no Hip Hop elitist but I do know what is real, and as far as his dance tracks which is 99% of all of his music Its not gonna last long at all and that goes for him and his career if he doesnt give something that ppl are gonna want to hold on to years down the line. Its just a shock to me because of his past songs that he was able to come up with something like this, so I was just givin the kid props.

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2009, 01:29:18 PM »

Mainstream?.... you mean commercial?

and i can see why so many people would get mad about other people saying this guy is pure crap... there still young... they never got a chance to hear what real hip hop was.... pic up a tupac CD.. or.... commons first CD.... i even recommend Bone's early stuff.

even tho i'm a Metal Head now... i wasn't always one...... go back and listen to the hip-hop from the late 80's and 90's... and then compare it to the "Chicken Noodle" Crap of today... and you will see why a lot of people think this guy is crap.

getting mad about it won't change a thing.... i guess it's ok if you like this kind of stuff...... but in my eyes... when i see people fall into this modern commercial music, weather it be Rap,Pop,Metal,R&B, or even rock..... i see them as a conformist..

but ya can't help who you are or what ya like right??

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »
compare his version of successful to da original version of drake and u will see dat soulja boy still sucked on dis song his flow is off on a lot of parts he dosnt even rap on beat sometimes...

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 03:32:07 PM »
ok.... here is something i don't tell people about me because i hate the fact i used to be this way.....

i grew up listening to Hip hop... i still remember my first CD i got... it was " East 1999" by Bone Thugs..

i was a very very big 2Pac fan... i'm old... i grew up in the 80's and 90's.... i got to see 2pac live in concert... and even got to see the rise and fall of No Limit... and when Cash Money first showed up... and LIL Wayne before all the damn Tattoo's...

so i know more than you know about HipHop...i used to love it.... then it became pure crap.... HipHop Died when Tupac did......

and any one that knew what HipHop was during the time 2Pac was alive... knows what i mean... after his death... all this hiphop we know today was born... and it started with No Limit...

.... so it's not like i don't know... what you guys mean about HipHop.... it's just i think hiphop to day is crap....

and there's no reason to get mad about some one not liking your kind of music guys.... it's not like you know them personaly....

this is just how i feel.....
you make it sound like tupac was the creator of hip hop,
he was a good rapper nothing more nothing less
same with biggie
half of the ppl jumped on their balls when they died

No limit was the poop and you know it, like i said before Not all of us want to listen about how hard the ghetto is n we need to rise n stand up,

if yall were real hip hop head u wouldnt be saying such ignorant things about rappers trying to make a living and make music for THEIR fanbase

Post Merge: August 30, 2009, 03:41:16 PM
Speaking on behalf of the ppl that know what real lyricism is and just want to jam to something they can chill/ride/hang out or just relate to. You cant do that to a dance track, it gets old and annoying fast. Hip Hop cant last like that and this thing needs to last forever. Im not no Hip Hop elitist but I do know what is real, and as far as his dance tracks which is 99% of all of his music Its not gonna last long at all and that goes for him and his career if he doesnt give something that ppl are gonna want to hold on to years down the line. Its just a shock to me because of his past songs that he was able to come up with something like this, so I was just givin the kid props.
lol plz real lyricism? you cant tell me sqaut about lyricism, and everyone here knows it,
Lemme guess dancing and hip hop dont go together right?
Or every hip hop song has to have lyricism on some rakim crap?
Hip hop has lasted long with dance songs, The first rappers had songs ppl danced to, if im at a party i dont want
I dont know if u know how to have fun or what not but i can relate to songs that go boom in the trunk
ppl that listen to rock dont be arguing about the diff genres so why do ppl that listen to hip hop?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:41:16 PM by Sub-Zero »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:24 PM »
You are incorrect sir . People that listen to metal do argue about the different genres . Hair metal , thrash metal , grundge metal , death metal , black metal , etc.... They all have their followers & for the most part if some is die hard into one , they will claim that nothing else is " true " metal .
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »
Just got to say one thing...You know your gangster when you wear A&F...NOT!

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »
You are incorrect sir . People that listen to metal do argue about the different genres . Hair metal , thrash metal , grundge metal , death metal , black metal , etc.... They all have their followers & for the most part if some is die hard into one , they will claim that nothing else is " true " metal .
well most of the heavy metal cats never argue about it they always come to a mutual agreement about it :-??

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »
Metal is Metal.....

i live every kind of Metal....well i take that back... not a big fan of Thrash Metal, Metalica ruined that for me....

oh and i can't stand Glam Metal...

and i know people that don't listen to metal say they all metal sounds the same....

if you believe that....

Listen to a Glam Metal Song then a Black Metal song...Nothing alike!!! and you Metal Heads out there know what i mean.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
Metal is Metal.....

i live every kind of Metal....well i take that back... not a big fan of Thrash Metal, Metalica ruined that for me....

oh and i can't stand Glam Metal...

and i know people that don't listen to metal say they all metal sounds the same....

if you believe that....

Listen to a Glam Metal Song then a Black Metal song...Nothing alike!!! and you Metal Heads out there know what i mean.

I think this statement just proved my point even more ...lol

Anyway , old Metallica was great . I can't take anything away from what they did before the change .
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 10:16:05 PM »
you make it sound like tupac was the creator of hip hop,
he was a good rapper nothing more nothing less
same with biggie
half of the ppl jumped on their balls when they died

No limit was the poop and you know it, like i said before Not all of us want to listen about how hard the ghetto is n we need to rise n stand up,

if yall were real hip hop head u wouldnt be saying such ignorant things about rappers trying to make a living and make music for THEIR fanbase

Post Merge: August 30, 2009, 03:41:16 PM
lol plz real lyricism? you cant tell me sqaut about lyricism, and everyone here knows it,
Lemme guess dancing and hip hop dont go together right?
Or every hip hop song has to have lyricism on some rakim crap?
Hip hop has lasted long with dance songs, The first rappers had songs ppl danced to, if im at a party i dont want
I dont know if u know how to have fun or what not but i can relate to songs that go boom in the trunk
ppl that listen to rock dont be arguing about the diff genres so why do ppl that listen to hip hop?

You ever seen rock and roll pp in a club? All they do is move, no rhythm no style, they just move like crazy ppl. All that head banging and no since of coordination. With rock music you can call yourselves pretty much anything and you can make it in the industry, you can call yourselves anything from ShoeBox, Toenails, Foot Fungus, Right Button or Left button, Coconut Trees Inc. etc. It just doesn't matter cuz to us, it seems like they just call themselves anything so since they all doing it its nothing to fuss about. Hip Hop on the other hand since it started, its been a competitive thing, with  B-boys, MC,s DJ's,  and Graffiti artist  its in movies and TV shows all over the world, so its always gonna be a fuss about whats the real deal or not. Hip Hop was a lifestyle it wasn't just a genre of music, it was a culture and when ppl are seeing that they're culture is being made a mockery of then they tend to start an up roar. Im sure if someone was taking metal and making a mockery of it and making money off of that mockery Im sure they would have ppl would be taking a stand on behalf of Heavy Metal.

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 12:02:21 AM »
You ever seen rock and roll pp in a club? All they do is move, no rhythm no style, they just move like crazy ppl.

That is very insulting.....

looks like me and everyone other "Rocker" or "metal Head" are crazy...

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »
You ever seen rock and roll pp in a club? All they do is move, no rhythm no style, they just move like crazy ppl. All that head banging and no since of coordination. With rock music you can call yourselves pretty much anything and you can make it in the industry, you can call yourselves anything from ShoeBox, Toenails, Foot Fungus, Right Button or Left button, Coconut Trees Inc. etc. It just doesn't matter cuz to us, it seems like they just call themselves anything so since they all doing it its nothing to fuss about. Hip Hop on the other hand since it started, its been a competitive thing, with  B-boys, MC,s DJ's,  and Graffiti artist  its in movies and TV shows all over the world, so its always gonna be a fuss about whats the real deal or not. Hip Hop was a lifestyle it wasn't just a genre of music, it was a culture and when ppl are seeing that they're culture is being made a mockery of then they tend to start an up roar. Im sure if someone was taking metal and making a mockery of it and making money off of that mockery Im sure they would have ppl would be taking a stand on behalf of Heavy Metal.
lawl

what the hell do u think the harlem shake is? or the twist? dancing is dancing straight n simple

Any rhythmic  movement to any form of music is dancing

Sic i may not be a metal head but i know that crap takes alot of talent which is what i respect the most, rock bands know how to hustle to

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 01:07:53 AM »
you honestly think that other ppl didn't look at the Harlem shake as crazy? It looked like someone was having a nervous breakdown. lol

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 03:05:11 AM »
BTW Rock gets confused a lot with METAL....

Metal isnt on the grammy's, or on mtv's crappy award shows..

Metal is and has always been kept alive thru underground hardcore fans..

If you call Nickelback Heavy Metal I will kick you in the nuts..

As for Rap!!!

Lets face it, rap isnt what it used to be and it hasnt been rap for awhile now.

The thing that passes as rap now a days on popular radio and tv is basically R&B with a hint of pop.
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 03:30:25 AM »

As for Rap!!!

The thing that passes as rap now a days on popular radio and tv is basically R&B with a hint of pop.

Not even R&B. Its just noise and words and someone's pathetic attempt to rhyme which somehow produces something that someone can make some retarded dance for and make millions no matter how retarded it is (yes I mean you Soulja Boy) I just forced myself to listen to the whole song and wanted to puke the entire time. Anyone who thinks Soulja Boy was actually "going hard" on that song is an idiot. That isnt going hard at all. he's just putting words together trying to be serious to get attention. He is yesterday's news. Its over, he had his 15 minutes of fame already. Sit down, stop talking, stop trying to rap, stop making retarded dances. Go to school get ur godd**n diploma and be a normal person. No one wants to hear him anymore. As T.I. and Justin Timberlake says your "Dead and Gone."
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline The King Sic-1™

• TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 04:24:13 AM »
BTW Rock gets confused a lot with METAL....

Metal isnt on the grammy's, or on mtv's crappy award shows..

Metal is and has always been kept alive thru underground hardcore fans..

If you call Nickelback Heavy Metal I will kick you in the nuts..

As for Rap!!!

only have one thing to say to that........

oh and this for tho's that think NickleBack is Metal!

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 10:18:50 AM »
only have one thing to say to that........

oh and this for tho's that think NickleBack is Metal!

If its one thing the world doesnt needs is anothe4r NickleBack Album, now speaking to Sic-1 over the years and through anime I kinda grew a liking towards Heavy Metal, with shows like Metelacolypse.  I understand why ppl listen to whatever music they listen to but you guys cant be so close to the truth as you are now, Hip Hop...well....its cant even be called Hip Hop these days. It just is and only rap, its like a son that sold out and turned away from his roots for more money. Nobody is gonna respect this New Age nonsense. It hasn't been a 100% HipHop album since the 90's these days, dont get me wrong that cool music and thats all good but at the end of the day Fudge that B/S!!!

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »
Its hard to say my feelings on "hip-hop" nowday since I find myself not really into all the new stuff but I will try.

Everyone may not like Soulja Boy's music(I myself dont) but I guarantee if you go to a club and one of his songs come on these same people will know how to do his dances(myself included) and really that is why most of the new "hip-hop" artists make song such as these. You may call it selling out for money but I call it smart thinking because you can not make it in the rap game if you dont sell records and as he stated in his song he just wanted to be successful as we all do and let me tell you that dude is really really successful. So I will just say this "hip-hop" is on the lame track right now with all the pop starts getting into and b-boys becoming hip-hop dancers(which is the dumbest thing I've ever herd how the hell do you dance hip-hop but that is anothing convo) but its what's selling and I can not hate one someone for trying to get money but I dont have to like it

my new one

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »
Not even R&B. Its just noise and words and someone's pathetic attempt to rhyme which somehow produces something that someone can make some retarded dance for and make millions no matter how retarded it is (yes I mean you Soulja Boy) I just forced myself to listen to the whole song and wanted to puke the entire time. Anyone who thinks Soulja Boy was actually "going hard" on that song is an idiot. That isnt going hard at all. he's just putting words together trying to be serious to get attention. He is yesterday's news. Its over, he had his 15 minutes of fame already. Sit down, stop talking, stop trying to rap, stop making retarded dances. Go to school get ur godd**n diploma and be a normal person. No one wants to hear him anymore. As T.I. and Justin Timberlake says your "Dead and Gone."

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>  =D>

me n epa villian and my older brother have been rapping for a long time and im willin to bet everyone here would think we were better then most or all main stream artist but i loled at da fact dat everyone kept sayin soulja boy was "going hard" on dis song just cuz he rhymed this time don mean it was good....

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »
In my defense i never said he was goin hard, I said that he made something that didnt sound as stupid as his past music. I was just givin props for a song that someone might actualy listen to.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD