collapse

Author Topic: Batman Arkham Asylum thread  (Read 1363 times)

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
Re: Batman Arkham Asylum thread
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »
I can't stand the PS3 , so I won't buy this game for it .

So how do I get Vader on the 360 ?

Hes DLC. You have to buy him.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »
Isnt that a stretch? Spiderman, and Superman wear Red, and Blue for petes sake, and the movies got those right. Its not exactly realistic that bats could be a ninja in a bunch of heavy body armor as the movie depicts either, lightweight kevlar mesh tights make way more sense than black rubber, and plastic.

The Cowl is Navey blue anyway, when bats lurks in the shadow he usually drapes the cape over himself. To me the gray, and Black (or blue) look grittier than the all black.

I guess I just prefer the movies to be accurate rather than realistic

Hmmm well you do have a point, then again X-Men didn't do their costumed looks. Spiderman and Superman, their colors aren't exactly the same either. They had to be toned down a bit and Superman in the newer movie, I wasn't a big fan of the color scheme. I don't know, there isn't really any alternate colors you could do for Spiderman and Superman or any other iconic super hero that is brightly colored. I kinda associate them with those colors and with Batman this isn't the case movie wise. He easily has a alternate, black cause black is apart of his costume, a big part of his costume. Gray would look off to me in the movies, but if you put him all black in the comics and animated....he would be a tad off to me too. Basically I am use to seeing him black in the movies and gray in the comics and the animated series. I will put it this way, in the cover, I like the costume, but it is almost at the point where it is starting to look off to me cause the game is close to realistic looking.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 08:35:46 PM »
I really can't stand the movie costumes .

The only live action Batman costume I liked was from " Batman : Dead End "  lol

if you never seen it , just look it up on youtube

lol. I only like the movie costumes. Its just much more realistic then spandex. The underwear serves no purpose at all. A muscle suit is just much more realistic.
Isnt that a stretch? Spiderman, and Superman wear Red, and Blue for petes sake, and the movies got those right. Its not exactly realistic that bats could be a ninja in a bunch of heavy body armor as the movie depicts either, lightweight kevlar mesh tights make way more sense than black rubber, and plastic.

The Cowl is Navey blue anyway, when bats lurks in the shadow he usually drapes the cape over himself. To me the gray, and Black (or blue) look grittier than the all black.

I guess I just prefer the movies to be accurate rather than realistic

The thing about Spiderman and Superman though... They don't need to hide in the shadows.
Superman, well you know. He's superman, stealth is a pointless aspect for him.
Spider-man, well yeah. He's spiderman, super strength, spider senses, webs, and wall crawling go a long way.

Batman, well he's like us. He was born a mortal with no powers. So he needs stealth, and how is it unrealistic for him to be a ninja? Ninjitsu from the feudal era has produced martial arts and acrobatic techniques used even today. Bruce Wayne has enough money to learn everything he wants to know so therefor its realistic. The thing is the comics really contradict his knowledge by making a chaotic clown one of his biggest enemies. I'm more of a down to earth guy, so if it doesn't seem right, well then it just doesn't look right. I think its the same reason Nick Fury, Iron-Man, and Punisher are my favorite Marvel characters, they're just down to earth.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 08:47:59 AM »
lol. I only like the movie costumes. Its just much more realistic then spandex. The underwear serves no purpose at all. A muscle suit is just much more realistic.
The thing about Spiderman and Superman though... They don't need to hide in the shadows.
Superman, well you know. He's superman, stealth is a pointless aspect for him.
Spider-man, well yeah. He's spiderman, super strength, spider senses, webs, and wall crawling go a long way.

Batman, well he's like us. He was born a mortal with no powers. So he needs stealth, and how is it unrealistic for him to be a ninja? Ninjitsu from the feudal era has produced martial arts and acrobatic techniques used even today. Bruce Wayne has enough money to learn everything he wants to know so therefor its realistic. The thing is the comics really contradict his knowledge by making a chaotic clown one of his biggest enemies. I'm more of a down to earth guy, so if it doesn't seem right, well then it just doesn't look right. I think its the same reason Nick Fury, Iron-Man, and Punisher are my favorite Marvel characters, they're just down to earth.

It's not unrealistic for Batman to be a ninja, it's unrealistic that a ninja would wear heavy rubber, and plastic body armor. My point is that the movie costumes aren't anymore realistic than the comics. The comics may have more color but the costume is a lot more practical. Those utility belts in any of the films are pretty silly that he could fit anything in them. Bats current belt has room for all kinds of things. Batman is a comic chracter, and realistic is cool and all but it's not about realistic.

While outsiders might like the movie costumes, I dont think theres too many long term comic fans that would ever want Batman in the movie suits.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 11:35:15 AM »
Bats looks best in the Gray & Black . Like alex said most of the time when he lurks in the shadows , the cape hides the gray .

All that armor , rubber & plastic in the movie suits would make it truly impossible to do half the things that bats does . There is no way he could be as agile with the movie suit . He would move very clunky & robotic .

I totally disagree with your Joker theory . As a matter of fact , Batman has the best rogues gallery in all of comics in my opinon . Spidey is a close second . Many other heroes nemesis's are just power hungry individuals trying to take over the city/world . The joker fits Batman perfectly . Many of the things he does , has no rhyme or reason what so ever . He's not trying to take over the world . At times I don't think the Joker knows what he is trying to accomplish besides utter chaos .  The theory has been for awhile that Batman is more nuts than most of the villians he fights . They didn't create the bat , his presence created them . So the lunatic gallery of villians he fights fit perfectly .
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD