collapse

Author Topic: Musashi: Samurai Legend.....  (Read 655 times)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
Musashi: Samurai Legend.....
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:36:20 PM »
Anyone got it? Its a pretty old PS2 game made by squareenix. Its the sequal to Brave Fencer Musashi. The game got mixed reviews, so people say its great, some say it sucks, other thinks its decent. I picked it up for $5 yesterday at gamestop, its pretty sweet. The graphics are absoulutely beautiful and the battle system is really good. Despite this, the voice acting is simply HORRID and the story ain't too great, so its easy to see why some people say part 1 was better. I personally think its a fun game. Its the only hack n' slash RPG I know of, and I like it.

If you have this game, please give your opinion on it.

The awesome opening FMV (which I can't watch in-game due to my disk being really scratched up):

[youtube=425,350]tTlEa6OfbII[/youtube]

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: Musashi: Samurai Legend.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 10:01:11 PM »
i had this game when i still had my ps2. it was really good. i loved the copy move system and the cell shaded graphics, also loved the soundtrack, my favorite song being the one played in wellspring woods. the voice acting for musashi caught me offgaurd when i played it "ok whisker dude!" /:O but u get used to it.
overall its a good game, with the level's platforming,item appraisal, skills u can copy( kinda like kakashi in naruto), and the different swords were cool (tough i didn't like that the fire and water sword were basically the same)
i was hoping for a sequal but i guess thats not happening :-??
i'd give it an 8.5/10

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »
the first one fpr psx was much much better imo.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »
the first one fpr psx was much much better imo.
still haven't played that one. gonna see if i can get it on my psp. whats the difference between brave fencer and samurai legend (gameplay wise)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 10:23:47 PM »

it may seem kiddish but its actually far from it.

the ps2 game is a little on the kiddish side imo plus the gameplay isnt as good as its predecessor. musashi's enemies are kind of lacking but the again they were on the first one but...well you wil just have to play the first one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:32:28 PM by Gaijin »

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 10:34:34 PM »

it may seem kiddish but its actually far from it.

the ps2 game is a little on the kiddish side imo plus the gameplay isnt as good as its predecessor. musashi's enemies are kind of lacking but the again they were on the first one but...well you wil just have to play the first one.

I agree with Gaijin, but the PS2 version isn`t bad, it wasn`t THAT much on the kiddie side...

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »
yeah i totally agree. its not THAT bad but the first would be the preferred choice then i suggest you try the ps2 one. i wish i was friends with someone from squaresoft. i guess capcom is what im left with

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 10:44:43 PM »
yeah i totally agree. its not THAT bad but the first would be the preferred choice then i suggest you try the ps2 one. i wish i was friends with someone from squaresoft. i guess capcom is what im left with

Friends from someone from "SQUEANIX"?

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 11:01:06 PM »
yeah i wish i had some friends from them like i do from capcom. i have only one friend from capcom that i grew up with. hes the one that allowed me to play an early beta of sf4 with my fav fei long. thats how i knew of gouken being in sf4 b4 any pics were shown. i know it may not seem true but i got him to recommend gouken being added back when sf4 was first being talked about. he is apart of the development team of capcom and had a hand in the sf4 development. if only i had friends in square enix though........

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 11:03:19 PM »
yeah i wish i had some friends from them like i do from capcom. i have only one friend from capcom that i grew up with. hes the one that allowed me to play an early beta of sf4 with my fav fei long. thats how i knew of gouken being in sf4 b4 any pics were shown. i know it may not seem true but i got him to recommend gouken being added back when sf4 was first being talked about. he is apart of the development team of capcom and had a hand in the sf4 development. if only i had friends in square enix though........

:lies:

nah j/k
If you had friends in SQUEENIX we would have what?

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 03:00:26 AM »
well i cant promise anything first off. but if i had friends id make suggestions that would say get them to possibly work on a few games.....ff7 remake maybe or maybe other ideas i keep in my head

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 07:52:20 AM »
Gentlemen... we have a spy!

I've only played the first one, and I thought it was pretty good, but not something I'd put on my top 20.

As far as "Hack and slash RPG's", isn't that basically the Action RPG Genre? I mean, I can easily throw in Terranigma and the Mana series.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 02:24:08 PM »
yeah of course but this is about musashi

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
I was referring to:

Its the only hack n' slash RPG I know of, and I like it.

Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
The first game was pretty cool and actually a funny parody of the old story of the samurai Miyamoto Musashi.

The second one...well, it was one of those games I returned within a day. The intro had me hyped up for a semi-cool game, too.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »
I was referring to:

oh my bad :P

The first game was pretty cool and actually a funny parody of the old story of the samurai Miyamoto Musashi.

The second one...well, it was one of those games I returned within a day. The intro had me hyped up for a semi-cool game, too.
haha ur not the only one. thats exactly how i got got too

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 03:14:39 AM »
Well I played both (still own a PS1 original copy) and I was such a HUGE fan of the first (and of Musashi in general...thank you Koei!) that I just HAD to play the sequel...and I was hoping that I would not be disappointed with this sequel as I was with Chrono Cross, the Paper Mario series (okay, haven't actually played them but seen vids and pics so I know what it at LEAST looks and plays like and I have NOT been impressed in the LEAST with what they decided to follows Super Mario RPG with >:( ...but that's just me), and Xenosaga, even though saga is NOT supposed to be a sequel to Xenogears, one of my ALL TIME favorite RPGs.

Well I have to say that I wasn't ENTIRELY disappointed...really my only gripe is that they game was pretty short (as compared to the first)...it would also seem that the sequel had a much easier difficulty lvl...as for the VA, I didn't think it was THAT bad...I found it very funny and light...not serious at all, but not just COMPLETELY outrageous either...and, yeah, the soundtrack was pretty damn nice!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »
Big fan of Brave Fencer Musashi, I still own a copy of it to this day, however, I've never tried part 2. I didn't have a PS2 at the time, and when I finally did get one I had lost interest, plus the fact that I heard that it wasn't as good as he first. Brave Fencer Musashi IMO is a must have PS1 title.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 07:54:09 PM »
Well I did not read the whole thread but one poster said this game was the only hack N slash RPG he knew of. Well I know of one which if I remember correctly uses real time which is the .Hack//sign series. It has like 7 games if I remember correctly and also each game comes packed with a seperate DVD that has the anime directly relating to the game. It was also on PS2. Best RPG of all time to me I hate all other RPG's.

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 12:36:34 AM »
I forgot I made this topic, lol. Most people agree the first game was better. A store I know has it for $5. I'll have to pick it up soon, I havn't played it. *shrugs*

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal