collapse

Author Topic: I only ask that you read this.  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
Re: I only ask that you read this.
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »
Not really. I only did so because I remember seeing you make quite a few of the "empty comments" you mention in this thread. Now, there's nothing wrong with this and I'm not saying you haven't provided other valuable feedback in the form of your videos, but this:
and this:aren't exactly the type of constructive feedback you're encouraging. And I'm not gonna tell you not to post this kind of thing, because it's your right to. Not everyone has the time to dive into the technical things, I know I rarely do. Some people just want to say "thanks", which is just fine.

But then again, I see where you're coming from you. I, too, am disappointed when a character that's been in development for a year and a half is released with several debug floods. I'm sure it bothers the creators moreso. But to say nobody's listening and bringing up these things is missing something.

And yeah, play MVC2 and go play MUGEN. MVC2 is a 3-on-3 sprite based fighter with a decade's worth of mishmashed copy-pasted coding on neat 3D backgrounds. MUGEN is..well, limited.
as far as the first thing you tried to point im going to ignore that because you are really wasting more time by trying to validate a rather useless point and i say this because what does my past post have to do with this discussion??? leave my previous posts out of this and stay on topic please. besides for thousandth time that was before i knew what i was doing and was able to apply little things i learned. its fine saying thanks i agree and i have said this in my posts as well. bringing this is up is not missing something. im just merely stating how i feel now and what i felt needed to be said so that maybe this would encourage more feedback which we most definitely need. every little feedback helps and every thank you helps as motivation and.....well i have said this 3 or 4 times already have i not.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »
Just wanted to jump in quickly on the "nice char, will test later" issue. I know why I've done this, and I'm sure it's the same for many others: time. Sometimes "later" turns out to be days, weeks, maybe even months.... By that time any bugs I've come across have usually already been reported, so what's the point of posting them? Just to up my post count?

People also tend to add personal opinions into the mix when reporting feedback, such as suggesting a certain attack be faster when in reality it is fine.

I'm gonna have to differ with you on this Excursion. Personal opinions can often be a valuable part of feedback, sometimes nearly as much as technical feedback. For many people, how a character "feels" can go a long way towards how much fun they are to use. Of course these types of comments are COMPLETELY subjective, but it doesn't mean they aren't worth sharing. It's certainly the creator's right to disagree with or even ignore such comments, as they have their own vision of their releases (and may even have some technical need for something to be programmed the way it is). In that case I just go ahead and modify my copy of the character to my liking, and both of us get what we want. But sometimes the creator may decide to take a look at an issue like this and may end up agreeing.

The sticky part, I guess, is how that sort of feedback is presented. When I've made these types of comments I usually try to make it clear that I'm offering a personal opinion, and in no way do I consider it a "problem" with the release, nor do I expect the creator to change it if they don't want to. People really need to be careful when offering their opinions and not act like certain past members who demand that creators modify their style, or insist a "feel" issue is a bug. It comes down to the same issue that seems to be at the heart of 99% of all MUGEN drama: Respect.

Offline Ref Cortez

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 14, 2017, 02:06:29 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »
who am i to tell these people anything, in my eyes they're gods. . . they took the greatest game ever and made it greater, too me. i appreciate ever char that's been made good or bad, that's why i download all char. and when you been playing 2d fighting games as long and as much as me and you come across mugen, what can you complain about? mugen is my play station, xbox and wii. i only play mugen and it's been like that for 5 years. i'm just grateful for everyone's hard work,and since i could do it in a 1,000,000 years, i'll take what i can get. thanks everyone who's ever made anything for mugen, it's really the greatest thing ever.
border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 10:48:08 AM »
Wow, saw this thread real late. Ah, well I'll just skip it....

Just joking. Gaijin has alot of good points he's trying to bring to the community here at Infinity. No creator is perfect, and sometimes we want feedback as to where we've messed up or where there are bugs that are evident, and the best way to do it is to get it out into the community. Sometimes we beta test things in private first, but can't nab every single error.

The "nice char +1" posts aren't bad 'cuz they do help to encourage a creator to keep going. However, there are times when a creator just wants people to be honest and mention if something is wrong. Usually when I release my stuff I mention for people to post feedback and bug reports because, although I heavily beta test my stuff ahead of time, another pair of eyes can catch what I may've missed AND I really do want people to be honest and let me know. Can't expect EVERYONE who's a member here to give feedback, for some are just here to get whatever creations come out, or have a language barrier preventing that. However, those who've been here for a long time and are familiar/friendly with staff should know by now that we aren't gonna think less of you or ban you if you point out bugs & errors. No creator is on a "godly" level nor should be put so high on a pedestal like that.

There is also a way for feedback, but honestly today's generation (mainly in the West) don't have proper manners and/or respect to properly express themselves without feeling the need in insult a creator if there are flaws or say "this sux". It's more than just being nice, you have to remember that your behavior will reflect how you operate in the business world, where the foul-mouth-free-expressing-don't-give-a-f#@k-attitude won't fly. Pointing out flaws in a non-agressive, no-degratory manner will produce more results and get better reception from the creator. It's one of the reasons so many arguments and drama take place.

Pretty much it would be cool if more people just took out the time to post real feedback and/or bug reports, no matter how small they are. Of course, your not entitled to do so, but for those who want to see a change should make the effort  :thumbsup:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »
What I love about this thread is that I think we pretty much all agree, and we're all trying to explain our thoughts in different ways focusing on different angles which causes someone else to explain their thoughts on it, which continues on and is really a great essay after a while.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
I agree .

Because Sabaki & I basically brought up some of the same points just worded differently .

We also agreed with things that you & Excursion mentioned
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 01:31:05 PM by DARKTALBAIN »
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 12:53:43 PM »
Constructive Critisism.

"Good character, but maybe "whatever" could be fixed up, and the animation on sprite #"Whatever" are a bit off.
I like that "Whatever" hyper though.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 05, 2024, 06:56:40 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 12:56:11 PM »
Constructive Critisism.

"Good character, but maybe "whatever" could be fixed up, and the animation on sprite #"Whatever" are a bit off.
I like that "Whatever" hyper though.

That like a model feedback mockup?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Ref Cortez

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 14, 2017, 02:06:29 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »

Just joking. Gaijin has alot of good points he's trying to bring to the community here at Infinity. No creator is perfect, and sometimes we want feedback as to where we've messed up or where there are bugs that are evident, and the best way to do it is to get it out into the community. Sometimes we beta test things in private first, but can't nab every single error.

The "nice char +1" posts aren't bad 'cuz they do help to encourage a creator to keep going. However, there are times when a creator just wants people to be honest and mention if something is wrong. Usually when I release my stuff I mention for people to post feedback and bug reports because, although I heavily beta test my stuff ahead of time, another pair of eyes can catch what I may've missed AND I really do want people to be honest and let me know. Can't expect EVERYONE who's a member here to give feedback, for some are just here to get whatever creations come out, or have a language barrier preventing that. However, those who've been here for a long time and are familiar/friendly with staff should know by now that we aren't gonna think less of you or ban you if you point out bugs & errors. No creator is on a "godly" level nor should be put so high on a pedestal like that.

There is also a way for feedback, but honestly today's generation (mainly in the West) don't have proper manners and/or respect to properly express themselves without feeling the need in insult a creator if there are flaws or say "this sux". It's more than just being nice, you have to remember that your behavior will reflect how you operate in the business world, where the foul-mouth-free-expressing-don't-give-a-f#@k-attitude won't fly. Pointing out flaws in a non-agressive, no-degratory manner will produce more results and get better reception from the creator. It's one of the reasons so many arguments and drama take place.

Pretty much it would be cool if more people just took out the time to post real feedback and/or bug reports, no matter how small they are. Of course, your not entitled to do so, but for those who want to see a change should make the effort  :thumbsup:

i disagree you must be gods to create these chars. . .  & pedestal? i put ya'll on a thrown, sitting on top of the hill. lol!!!
border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »

^^(PM)^
If you all had a post of the week contest, this would definitely win. Loved every point you made, as well as others saying similar things.

There is one though I wish for a spotlight on a little more though because it might go unnoticed by some, but not me:
No creator is on a "godly" level nor should be put so high on a pedestal like that.
While I love the great job these people do just as much as the next person, sometimes this is a predominant thought I wish some did not have. And unfortunately, I'm not just talking the players. There are creators that have this same mentality. So I applaud a creator of Sabaki's stature to say such a thing.
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »
Gaijin I look forward to your vid & in depth bug report of Wolvenom  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD