collapse

Author Topic: The Wrestling discussion thread  (Read 43077 times)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Re: The Wrestling discussion thread
« Reply #1400 on: August 30, 2010, 09:49:48 PM »
Well,after all this time ,WWE will be unifying the Divas and Women's titles at Night of Champions in a Lumberjill match : Laycool vs Melina

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #1401 on: August 30, 2010, 11:52:43 PM »
My Raw review:

It wasnt a horrible show, but it was NOT by any means good. it had some good spots

1. Does WWE still think anyone's going to buy Bret Hart being in a match when they announce it? Its been done too many times. just Let it go already

2. Kane cut another awesome promo and again left Taker looking stupid.

3 Speaking of Taker, he's taking it a bit too far with this whole "Weak" thing. he looks sick now

4. Seriously, all you MizFitz need to be pissed at WWE for booking him like a Strong Heel that cant actually back anything up. He pulled a Sting tonight and got a win over Kaval of all people. But yet he's the one getting pushed instead of someone with more in ring skill and who can be booked as a credible champion

5. Is Michael Cole gay? he was seriously going crazy over Alex Riley's body during the match

6. Divas match truley was a piss break this time. Its about time WWE is going to unify those Women/Divas titles. Makes them look more pathetic than the TNA Knockout Tag Team titles. (well maybe a bit too far, nothing can get that pathetic)

7. John Morrison and R-Truth (i hate him) vs. Dashing Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre (aka Dashingly Sinister) ends in no contest. So WWE can only bury Morrison so much and put him in the Tag Team division for a title he'll never win. Seriously, put him back on Smackdown where he belongs

8. Undertaker vs. Bret Hart never really started. Wade Barrett came down and said that the Nexus was going to do something that the fans would never forget and he goes attacks Taker, and fails. The a gong and lights go out, Kane is in the ring then he and Taker go at it. Taker had Kane by the throat and gong and lights again. Taker's in the ring by himself. Cue the Nexus music, the other members come down and attack Taker. Another gong/lights and Barrett has Taker up for The Wastland. Then Gabriel gives him a 450 with Kane smiling on the stage. Leader of Nexus perhaps? after all, the Nexus was virtually born after their 8 on 1 match against him...

9. Swagger vs. Evan Born. Swagger wins with the Ankle lock. during the match Alberto Del Rio came out in JBL fashion and just talked on and on. Applied the armbar to Borne after the match and was about to ram his arm on the ring post when Koolaid man Mark Henry came down to make the save. nothing special

10. CM Punk and SES come out Serena-Less. Punk ran down some memorable Raw skits and mentioned Stone Cold a few times. Then Stone Colds music hit...but no Stone Cold. Then he shows the Smackdown when Lesner superplexed Big Show and broke the ring, which brings out the Big Show. They banter then Big Show clears the ring. nothing else special there

11. Then Sheamus is intervied on stage. he says that its unfair that he has to be in a 6 pack challenge and other crap. then Edge comes out and he talks about his accomplishments and he head to the ring for the main event. Sheamus, Edge, Chris Jericho, John Cena, and Randy Orton vs. Nexus. Match starts off. Jericho gets himself counted out, Edge shoves the referee. Heath Slater eliminated Sheamus with his version of the Zig Zag. Cena elminates Slater with the FU. Cena eliminates Otunga with the STFU. Gabriel eliminates Cena with the 450. Orton eliminates Gabriel and Tarver with RKOs. Barrett eliminates Orton with The Wasteland. Nexus somewhat gets revenge for SummerSlam.

Overall, not a must see Raw. Could have been as bad as any episode of Impact which it wasnt. Nothing to actually go watch. have fun!
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #1402 on: September 01, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »
My Raw review:

5. Is Michael Cole gay? he was seriously going crazy over Alex Riley's body during the match

:D

hmmmm ya never know man. Computer Blue anyone? :D

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #1403 on: September 02, 2010, 04:49:39 AM »
Anyone think Nexus might of just gotten bigger with the end of NXT 2.? Sure seemed like it might have at the end of the show.

Also, loved how they were all suppose to be on the same side and you had Alex beating up Percy. Then Percy came back in and they were both on the same side like nothing just happened. XD Great stuff.

Aside from that, glad to see Kaval won. Does anyone think the all Diva NXT is going to be any good.? Honestly, I'm not too sure it'll do well but we'll see.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #1404 on: September 06, 2010, 03:34:42 AM »
I mean....Im not lookin forward to it being anything spectacular, I mean the pro-Divas matches are already clumsy as it is, so if this is supposed to be rookie-Divas.....idk My hopes arent hyped for NXT season 3. Plus I red on WWE website that Vickie got into an argument with her Rookie and fired her and the new diva was supposed to be announced on the show. I knew that tall girl wasnt gonna make it but lets be honest if your tall or 300+ you wont make it in the WWE you just wont. I mean with the acception of Andre and Big Show. Look at Khali, this dude had one of the shortest heavyweight title reigns in WWE history...his title reign was over so quick ppl dont even remember that he had one and its all because he is tall and doesnt fit that "champion" stereotype. Look at Umaga Heavyweight champion material and all he got was a intercontinental title reign and a short one at that, wth is a Super Heavyweight doin with a belt like that. WWE is biased, thats the only thing I dont like about that company.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:11:36 AM by azareal188 »
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #1405 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:21 PM »
the whole Aloisa "firing" is because WWE wanted to pull her off tv since she was still too new to wrestling. Im only looking forward to NXT 3 because of AJ Lee
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #1406 on: September 07, 2010, 08:07:46 AM »
Haven't posted in this topic in a while... But heres an awesome video of CM punk showing off his people skills.

Warning, Explicit Language

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1407 on: September 08, 2010, 02:31:57 AM »
Interesting vid. When I heard he'd fought Eddie before though I went looking for the match. Though I didn't find that specific one, I found a pretty good wrap up of another match.

Along with that, there's this match which was pretty damn good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myDByXZtnwI&NR=1#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aic9RnJHDbg&NR=1#

Another odd match I saw, not really worth showing but odd was Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre for the FCW Heavyweight Championship. Drew seemed like a crazy Scottish guy and Sheamus had his same look/intro theme from now, so it wasn't too long ago.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #1408 on: September 08, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »
well well, after watchin the first ep. of NXT Season three, the first thing I can conclude Michal Cole got own once more. But the show isnt about him, its about the new rookies, I think everyone is taking a likin to Kerlly Kelly's Diva.

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #1409 on: September 08, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
Useless wrestling information.

Kip James/Billy Gunn was caught in an affair and is now going through a divorce, there's a video series on youtube of a phone conversations between him and the woman he was  having an affair with where he is freaking out on how she sent all the information to his wife.

Pretty funny. Explicit audio.. Not really important so I won't post a link.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #1410 on: September 19, 2010, 10:59:30 PM »
Night of  Champions Results:

Dolph Ziggler def. Kofi Kingston via pinfall to retain Intercontinental title

Big Show def CM Punk via pinfall

Daniel Bryan def. The Miz via submission to win US Title

Michelle McCool def Melina via pinfall to win Womens/Diva's Title

Kane def Undertaker via pinfall to retain World Title

Tag team turmoil:
The Usos def Hart Dynasty via pinfall, The Usos def Santino Marella/Vladimir Kozlov via pinfall, Mark Henry/Evan Bourne def Uso's via pinfall, Dashing Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntyre def Mark Henry/Evan Bourne via pinfal to become WWE Tag Champs

6 Pack Challenge: Randy Orton elimintated Chris Jericho, John Cena eliminated Edge, Wade Barrett eliminated John Cena, Randy Orton eliminated Wade Barrett, Randy Orton elminated Sheamus to become WWE champion

overall, great PPV! (shocking) Kane got over very well as he basically dominated Taker the entire match and won with the Tombstone. The Divas match was actually pretty good. The only average match was the Tag Team Turmoil as it wasnt really anything (it was hard to follow the Kane/Taker match). Orton the champ, not happy or sad by that. I would have liked for Barrett to win, but at least he along with Nexus eliminated Cena. The throwaway match was Big Show vs. CM Punk. Other than that, watch the PPV
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 27, 2024, 02:55:18 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #1411 on: September 19, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »
DAMN!! Y2J didnt win the title...was really hopin for him to win after all, he is the best in the world at what he does...

Dolph vs Kofi, not surprised that Dolph keeps winning...

We already knew Show was gonna win...

Finally, I got tired of Miz being a loud mouth, he WAS awesome for a while but then he just got annoying...really...REALLY ANNOYING!!!

Michelle McCool winning Diva Women's Championship is no surprise, she IS one of the talented female wrestlers. But...why not Layla?

Kane vs Taker...didnt see that coming, for once Kane gets a better push than Taker...

Screw the Tag Teams...nuff said...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #1412 on: September 19, 2010, 11:15:41 PM »
Breaking News: Y2J gone from WWE
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1413 on: September 19, 2010, 11:22:21 PM »
Breaking News: Y2J gone from WWE

This is what I feared the most.

One of the best in this wrestling business works his a** off, performs very well in the mic, is a fantastic Face AND Heel, is by far one of the best wrestlers in the entire company, WAY better than John Cena (hate that name), lived in the attitude era and survived before the whole thing went PG, and now has left since he has not won one of the biggest titles in all of WWE history which was now ruined since its look was changed by Cena.

That has got to be the longest sentence I wrote...

Oh well, Y2J had a great run before he was treated like crap now, we still got Edge...and Orton...and Triple H somewhere...who's next to leave?
(click to show/hide)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #1414 on: September 19, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
Im sad that we no longer have y2j. Hopefully he'll come back as a face
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #1415 on: September 20, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »
no real confirmation about Y2J actually being released or leaving the company yet...i heard previously he would be taking some time off for a while and come back to action later.
I admit i'm a bit out of date with wrestling,but i'm pretty satisfied with the PPV results from yesterday
Was there any stipulation from Jericho that if he didn't win the title he would leave WWE?

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #1416 on: September 20, 2010, 11:10:43 PM »
well Nexus is done as the match has been made:

Wade Barrett vs. John Cena: If Barrett wins, Cena has to join Nexus, if Cena wins, Nexus breaks up

R.I.P. Nexus: You guys made me excited to watch Raw and gave me a glimer of hope that someone could stand up to John Cena. No shame in being buried by SuperCena. You guys did your best  :( :( :(
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1417 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:47 AM »
well Nexus is done as the match has been made:

Wade Barrett vs. John Cena: If Barrett wins, Cena has to join Nexus, if Cena wins, Nexus breaks up

R.I.P. Nexus: You guys made me excited to watch Raw and gave me a glimer of hope that someone could stand up to John Cena. No shame in being buried by SuperCena. You guys did your best  :( :( :(

So Nexus is gone...just great, the only thing that has kept WWE Raw alive is now dead...oh well...there better be another Nexus group or something.

Damn Cena and his "Super Powers"
(click to show/hide)

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #1418 on: September 21, 2010, 08:30:21 AM »
One thing I can confirm is that Y2J isn't leaving cause he said he can only get better (at what? the name calling?). So We shall find out next week in his match with Randy Orton. As you guys confirmed, yes, John Cena is gonna, honestly don't see the big deal, but, I do say there is a "but". That still leaves next week right? So, there's a possible chance that rules will change. Also, is it me or does Cole have his **** shoved up to far the Miz's side?

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1419 on: September 22, 2010, 02:04:11 AM »
I really doubt they'll be breaking up Nexus. They're far too much of an actual threat that's great all around for them to just throw away. I see Cena actually becoming a part of Nexus, hating it all the way through for a few weeks, following orders and everything 'til he finally goes Donkey Kong again and starts a huge brawl with all of them (chances are at a PPV).

Glad to see Orton's the new champ as well, would of rather had Wade but as long as it's not Cena, I'm good. Also glad to see Morrison finally getting a push on something that's not "ECW." He deserves it, he's a bad@ss all around. He had a great feud with CM Punk as well, hope we get to see that some time again as a big rivalry. One last thing, wtf was up with Cole. Seriously. I'm use to him being a douche about Daniel and sucking up to Miz but he just seemed to be an @ss all around on this Raw. He also seemed to have an orgasm over Cena using a drop kick.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ceefus

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:38:08 AM
  • Howling Good Time
    • Email
« Reply #1420 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:05 AM »
I really doubt they'll be breaking up Nexus. They're far too much of an actual threat that's great all around for them to just throw away. I see Cena actually becoming a part of Nexus, hating it all the way through for a few weeks, following orders and everything 'til he finally goes Donkey Kong again and starts a huge brawl with all of them (chances are at a PPV).

Glad to see Orton's the new champ as well, would of rather had Wade but as long as it's not Cena, I'm good. Also glad to see Morrison finally getting a push on something that's not "ECW." He deserves it, he's a bad@ss all around. He had a great feud with CM Punk as well, hope we get to see that some time again as a big rivalry. One last thing, wtf was up with Cole. Seriously. I'm use to him being a douche about Daniel and sucking up to Miz but he just seemed to be an @ss all around on this Raw. He also seemed to have an orgasm over Cena using a drop kick.
I agree  Cole is overdoing the hate He Has  on Daniel   Why does Cole Dislike Daniel Bryon soo much     it doesnt feel natural

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #1421 on: September 22, 2010, 08:42:24 AM »
Re-Watch NXT season 1 my friend,your answer is in there.

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1422 on: September 22, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
NXT Season 3...I'm just disappointed that they have Vickie as a pro...I laughed so much at first then when I remembered her "EXCUSE ME!!!!!", I remembered why I dislike her so much.

Anyway, the only ones that have me impressed is AJ Lee and Naomi, I'm not sure who should win this season since with those 2. The rest...garbage...well maybe except for Kaitlyn, after she did that spear.

So my picks to win NXT Season 3...AJ Lee or Naomi
(click to show/hide)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #1423 on: September 22, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
NXT hasnt been the same since season 1.

I love AJ and Naomi too. Im waiting for Aksana to do something good but idk if that will ever happen.

R.I.P. Nexus
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #1424 on: September 22, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »
NXT hasnt been the same since season 1.

I love AJ and Naomi too. Im waiting for Aksana to do something good but idk if that will ever happen.

R.I.P. Nexus

AJ Lee and Naomi all the way for NXT Season 3, Aksana...not so much for me, not sure why...
However AJ Lee seems to slightly impress me more for some reason. If she wins and ends up being a High Flying wrestler, then I want her to go to smackdown, go up the ranks and win that Diva's title and hopefully have her as a champ for a LONG time.

If Wade loses to Cena...I'm gonna stop watching Raw forever until another invasion or something OR Y2J becomes champ again. Which I highly doubt is gonna happen since most of th eaudience is children who want their "hero" to win the title again.

Nexus will live on no matter what...they have to...

READ MAH SIG IT SAYS IT ALL MANGS!! You're either Nexus...or against us...
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal