collapse

Author Topic: Who would YOU have preferred for SF4?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
Re: Who would YOU have preferred for SF4?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 04:34:52 AM »
rufus wasn't a bonus character. aside from that, people don't give him enough credit. ;)

Jumping heavy kick to EX Snake Strike owns. :thumbsup: Hes a really good character. People need to get past his goofiness. Same with El Fuerte.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 04:35:58 AM »
rufus wasn't a bonus character. aside from that, people don't give him enough credit. ;)

I know, but I can't think of anyone else he could be referring to in terms of joke characters other than Dan. Rufus may not be visually appealing, but he's a powerful fighter in this game.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »
technically gouken could be considered a joke character they even have the title you can earn from his trials called "A.K.A. Sheng Long"
(click to show/hide)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »
I would of preferred a new K.I instead of Sf4.
Anywho i would of preferred Eagle over rufus.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:02:16 PM by BloodNinja Who? »

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline umarboy1991

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 06, 2014, 07:48:57 AM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
R Mika
Ibuki
Cammy
Chun Li
Pullum
Blair Dame
Karin
Poison

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
El fuerte >_>, and I don't mean they are joke characters, the character designs are on the goofy side, that's what I ment, because Rufus is clearly no joke, that fast mofo! I like him, but I like the more serious character designs. Dan is a joke character, even though he's way better in this game than in the past games he's been in, but I didn't mention him because I was talkin' about the new SFIV characters.
Coming 2099.

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
I would prefer to see guarda from street fighter ex3 in sf4. i love the way he fights and his meteor combo is something. He could be like a sub boss like he was in the game. Eagle is good too.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned street fighter EX.

did you even read the first post in the topic?

Post Merge: March 04, 2009, 10:19:46 PM
Jumping heavy kick to EX Snake Strike owns. :thumbsup: Hes a really good character. People need to get past his goofiness. Same with El Fuerte.

I actually like him for his goofiness.

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 12:02:45 AM »
Oh my God. All this time I actually thought that Seth was a joke character :D :D :D.
You know, with all of his annoying attacks and stuff.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 12:18:58 PM »
To fit into the story wise

I dont think deejay and t hawk should be in other than the fact that they are apart of the 2nd original crew (speaking in snes terms here). adon shouldnt be in but it would be fun to play as him though he has a drug addiction (as far as the story goes).

characters that truly should be in (imo) are

Karin
Guy
Yun
Yang
Makoto (due to her potential as a second woman rival of ryu besides sakura)
Oro  (because he is the strongest so far and he still only uses one arm)
Dudley (balrog needs a boxing rival)

also about el fuerte....i dont think hes that goofy. its his story that makes him goofy not his play style or design. a chef thats a luchador. at least that explains why hes so fast and quick on movements. Rufus at first i was like look at this fat guy. but now i can actually take him serious now because he is a rather interesting character once u get used to him. i thought of maining him because hes so huge lol but then i realized hes actually a real beast. besides i could do that that to my other sf characters.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »
Personally I'm ticked that Mr.Ono wouldn't allow Final Fight characters in this game. The license issue is so dumb, how Capcom of america own the FF brand, but they also own the SF brand and Capcom Japan made SF4 (well Dimps really, but you know what  I mean) Capcom is one big mess these days. I also remeber him saying he didn't want FF characters in cause it would make the game too much like Alpha, but yet he tosses in 4 characters from Alpha anyway. Everything he says contradicts with what he does, the man is insane and should never have been put in charge. Anyway, it would have been nice to have Guy, Haggar and Maki.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »
but if u noticed he only tossed in the most important ones like gen, rose, sakura, and dan. all those characters have a bigger influence over most of the other alpha characters. besides there most likely will be another alpha.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2009, 12:56:35 PM »
Maybe, but I still think the man is insane :P I just hope Alpha 4 if there is one doesn't use the SF4 engine. I'm just not happy with Capcom these days, they have strayed too far off the path they were once on.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 02:07:20 PM »
Maybe, but I still think the man is insane :P I just hope Alpha 4 if there is one doesn't use the SF4 engine. I'm just not happy with Capcom these days, they have strayed too far off the path they were once on.
well sf4 pretty much is alpha 4 if you think about it story wise the alpha series was all an interquel between Street fighter and street fighter 2 and SF4 is an interquel between street fighter 2 and street fighter 3 so technically SF4 IS alpha 4. but story wise im not sure what to make of this game i mean they ignore everything but what they want to for example if this game takes place well before sf3 then y are Yun and Yang depicted as being the same age in chuns intro. Guile in SF2 had holding up charlies dogtags as a winpose so why did they decide to give him the dogtags in his intro i could go on and on with the inaccuracies but i wont
(click to show/hide)

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2009, 02:43:52 PM »
El fuerte >_>, and I don't mean they are joke characters, the character designs are on the goofy side, that's what I ment, because Rufus is clearly no joke, that fast mofo! I like him, but I like the more serious character designs. Dan is a joke character, even though he's way better in this game than in the past games he's been in, but I didn't mention him because I was talkin' about the new SFIV characters.

i think he's a lil bit offensive for us mexicans... not for being a joke char, but for the way he talks... but he's a good char. i like it

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2009, 04:48:04 PM »
well sf4 pretty much is alpha 4 if you think about it story wise the alpha series was all an interquel between Street fighter and street fighter 2 and SF4 is an interquel between street fighter 2 and street fighter 3 so technically SF4 IS alpha 4. but story wise im not sure what to make of this game i mean they ignore everything but what they want to for example if this game takes place well before sf3 then y are Yun and Yang depicted as being the same age in chuns intro. Guile in SF2 had holding up charlies dogtags as a winpose so why did they decide to give him the dogtags in his intro i could go on and on with the inaccuracies but i wont
well lets think about that for a sec....the answer to all your questions are...because it is a game not a movie and they arent being depicted as being the same age as chun li. they look around the same age is all. if u remember chun li isnt exactly old ya know. they decided to give guile the dogtags in his intro most likely to show you where they last left off. i guess as sort of a reminder that he hasnt gotten over it yet.
i think he's a lil bit offensive for us mexicans... not for being a joke char, but for the way he talks... but he's a good char. i like it
which is why ppl shouldnt take games seriously. hes not meant to be offensive...hes just a character. hes not a mockery of mexicans in anyway. reminds of re 5 when they were shooting africans
and ppl were offended because chris redfield is white. its just a game and should be treated as such. n but still other ppl believe theres some read between the lines stuff going on. this is not directed in a mean way towards you by the way...just saying in general

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 06:58:38 PM »
!!!
The SF4 engine seems pretty solid O:

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »
which is why ppl shouldnt take games seriously. hes not meant to be offensive...hes just a character. hes not a mockery of mexicans in anyway. reminds of re 5 when they were shooting africans
and ppl were offended because chris redfield is white. its just a game and should be treated as such. n but still other ppl believe theres some read between the lines stuff going on. this is not directed in a mean way towards you by the way...just saying in general

i din't take it seriously, in fact, i like the char. the only thing i don't agree with it it's the voice, i mean, why they didn't put his voice to zangief instead?

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »
!!!

:)

Offline KenFan9276 - Member of CROM

• Phoenix Wright > Megaman :D
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 01:22:01 PM
  • OBJECTION!
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »
Sean for SF4 and SF5 and SF6 and SF7!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »
i din't take it seriously, in fact, i like the char. the only thing i don't agree with it it's the voice, i mean, why they didn't put his voice to zangief instead?
if they put his voice on zangief then he would sound too soft for his size imo

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »
!!!

hahahah solid!? I won't bother to even get into why SF4's engine or SF4 as a whole is one big broken mess. I don't want to derail the thread anymore than it is, but let's just say that people need to open their eyes and take a deeper look in the game, but then again you really don't have to as the flaws are obvious.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2009, 12:14:19 AM »
hahahah solid!? I won't bother to even get into why SF4's engine or SF4 as a whole is one big broken mess. I don't want to derail the thread anymore than it is, but let's just say that people need to open their eyes and take a deeper look in the game, but then again you really don't have to as the flaws are obvious.
What's broken about it? The flaws are not obvious. Explain to me via PM or something as to why they are flawled, I would like to know.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:31:11 PM by {Zr0} »

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 03:10:55 AM »
adon shouldnt be in but it would be fun to play as him though he has a drug addiction (as far as the story goes).

Adon didn't look like he had a drug addiction in Sagat's intro...

He's a sterotype. It's not supposed to be offensive, it's supposed to be a sterotypical mexican wrestler. look at the other characters in SFII. guile was the american so he was an army guy in cammo, bison was teh evil badguy so he resembled a nazi, chun li was a female so she was weak and agile, zangief was from the soviet union, so he wrestled bears, had a factory for a stage, had guys drinking vodka in the background, ect. dee jay was jamacian so he danced, T. Hawk was an indian, so he had face paint and feathers, and did the cross legged "how" pose when he won. It's just how street fighter has always designed it's characters.

Post Merge: March 11, 2009, 03:14:47 AM

I'm rather curious to hear your theories on this.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »
What's broken about it? The flaws are not obvious. Explain to me via PM or something as to why they are flawled, I would like to know.

I really shouldn't have mentioned it in here, but it's just my own observations and opinions from doing research about the game from other players and things said and done by Capcom. Just look around the fighting game community and make your own conclusions. I'm just not personally happy with how they put this game together. Like for instance how the game is dominated by Sagat, Zangief and Blanka. But it's not so much that they are overpowered it's that they made all the other characters too weak. But I guess it's tradition for Capcom to make their games unbalanced somehow. You also have the ultras, that do way too much damage and reward the player for getting beat up. Supers are pretty much useless as you will need to use EX moves and FA much more. Linking and chaining in this game is messed up and you no longer can play SF like you used to. They put way too strict of timing for making links and chains count. It just seems like Capcom changed everything that makes SF..SF! There are a lot of little glitches and bugs too, they just need to patch this game badly. Anyway, that's enough off topic crap from me...I just have my own views on what has been done with the game is all.

Then again, what do I know :P
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:16:33 AM by Darkgargos »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[Today at 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[Today at 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare