collapse

Author Topic: If you had one wish... what tragic consequences would come of having it granted?  (Read 625 times)

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal

You know what makes stories involving having your wishes granted interesting? It's not the wish fulfillment; it's the often tragic consequences of having the wish granted in a way you didn't quite intend. The genies of lore and fable were always whimsical and often mean-spirited and litigious in the manner they granted wishes. That's the interesting part of the story.

So, how about a little game?

You give me the one wish you would like to have granted, and word it exactly as you would if you had a genie standing in front of you. And I - playing the part of a whimsical and mean-spirited genie - shall tell you in what form your wish is granted.

Are you smart enough to come up with a wish which is clever and well-worded enough to avoid tragic consequences? Let's see.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
I wish I could run like the flash

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline god_king

• Contributor
I wish I could run like the flash

"Ah, young master, it is a good wish", the genie says, "It shall be so!"

With this, you feel a strength and vigour filling your legs that you've never felt. A broad grin spreads across your face, and at once, you take off down the street at super-sonic speeds. You have just barely long enough for your joy to turn to horror, though, as you realize you should also have asked to have the reaction-speed of the Flash; the world is whizzing by too fast for you to possibly keep track of! You attempt to stop, but the inertia is too much for you! You lose control and stumble face-first into the ground at super-sonic speeds, and your last moment of life is one of blinding agony as your skull is smashed into a red pulp which is left as a streak a mile-long on the ground.

Who else has the courage to make a wish...?

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
I wish for u to... SHUT THE HELL UP

but really it would be for a ryofu housen from ikkitousen char for my mugen so... get to it genie or infinite life like wolverine (u know the healing power he has) and a million dollars
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 03:26:25 AM by cd »

Offline god_king

• Contributor
I wish for u to... SHUT THE HELL UP

but really it would be for a ryofu housen from ikkitousen char for my mugen so... get to it genie or infinite life like wolverine (u know the healing power he has) and a million dollars

"Such a simple wish, young master?", the genie asks, with a disconcerting gleam in his eye, "You wish for 'U' to shut the hell up? To be compelled to silence? Then it shall be so!"

He claps his hands together, and a moment later, a short but very athletic and very confused looking hispanic man appears before you.

The genie gestures towards him with one grand sweep of his hand. "This is U. Solis. Ulises Solis, if you prefer. A boxing champion from Mexico. As you have requested, 'U' here has been silenced; quite incapable of speech."

At this, the boxer, who has been trying and failing to speak, looks from the genie to you. His confusion gives way to anger as he points his finger accusingly at you.

"Yes, Senor Solis, it is he who is responsible for your current predicament. Since I see that you have a certain amount of animosity towards him, I will leave you to work out your frustrations on him in privacy. I have another wish to grant elsewhere...", and with that, the genie disappears.

Senor Solis, for his part, flexes his fists angrily and advances upon you, murder in his eyes...

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
I wish I had PS3 and MGS 4 :D
Currently in need of one

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
Damn, why didnt I put my Storytelling to good use!!  :D Nice Idea.

VERY WELL...

"OH MIGHTY Genie of the Lamp, I wish to wake up next morning IN BED with Rikku From Final Fantasy X on my Left Side, and With SuperGirl on my Right Side." Said I.

"Surely, no Tragic Consequences will occur for such a harmless and smexy wish."

Offline god_king

• Contributor

"You wish you HAD these things, you say", the genie responds with a soft chuckle, rubbing his hands together thoughtfully. "A peculiar wish, but one which I can readily grant. It is done!"

All at once, you feel dizzy and disoriented; your memories are re-writing themselves! A new past is created, as history is re-written. You remember a time, just days ago, when a delivery man arrived at your door with a package he wished to deliver to you. You signed for it and opened it, only to discover a Playstation 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 inside! What good fortune! What joy!

You set them down on your couch, you recall, and went out to buy a case of pop to drink; you were going to sit down and play this thing all night, and you wanted some refreshments to keep you fresh throughout.

You returned home and find the door of your home hanging open. You peer inwards, only to see that your home has been robbed! All of your valuables had been stolen in these few minutes you were away, including your brand new PS3 and MGS4! You called the police, swearing heavily, cursing your poor luck.

You shake your head, clearing your mind. The genie is still before you, grinning like a cheshire cat. "It is as you wish. You HAD a PS3 and MGS4, just as you wished. Of cours, as per the grammar of your wish, you no longer have them. So peculiar that you wouldn't wish to HAVE these things, but who am I to judge the minds of mortals?" With a laugh of diabolical delight, he vanishes before your eyes.

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email

"You wish you HAD these things, you say", the genie responds with a soft chuckle, rubbing his hands together thoughtfully. "A peculiar wish, but one which I can readily grant. It is done!"

All at once, you feel dizzy and disoriented; your memories are re-writing themselves! A new past is created, as history is re-written. You remember a time, just days ago, when a delivery man arrived at your door with a package he wished to deliver to you. You signed for it and opened it, only to discover a Playstation 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 inside! What good fortune! What joy!

You set them down on your couch, you recall, and went out to buy a case of pop to drink; you were going to sit down and play this thing all night, and you wanted some refreshments to keep you fresh throughout.

You returned home and find the door of your home hanging open. You peer inwards, only to see that your home has been robbed! All of your valuables had been stolen in these few minutes you were away, including your brand new PS3 and MGS4! You called the police, swearing heavily, cursing your poor luck.

You shake your head, clearing your mind. The genie is still before you, grinning like a cheshire cat. "It is as you wish. You HAD a PS3 and MGS4, just as you wished. Of cours, as per the grammar of your wish, you no longer have them. So peculiar that you wouldn't wish to HAVE these things, but who am I to judge the minds of mortals?" With a laugh of diabolical delight, he vanishes before your eyes.

DOH! but its an interesting story there
Currently in need of one

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"

Damn, why didnt I put my Storytelling to good use!!  :D Nice Idea.

VERY WELL...

"OH MIGHTY Genie of the Lamp, I wish to wake up next morning IN BED with Rikku From Final Fantasy X on my Left Side, and With SuperGirl on my Right Side." Said I.

"Surely, no Tragic Consequences will occur for such a harmless and smexy wish."

[-O<

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
"O.K..." says Ryu # 19, with a thoughtful expression in his face... "Then I wish to have an exact Adamantium/Vibranium copy of Captain America's shield. I don't want to take the REAL Cap's shield from him."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:22:04 AM by Ryu # 19 »

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
I wish for a 150 inch LCD HDTV screen with 10 HDMI inputs and a 50 inch HD monitor with the most powerful computer with Ubuntu installed with everything funtioning right BUT my property will not get robbed or harmed in any way.

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
I wish for a 150 inch LCD HDTV screen with 10 HDMI inputs and a 50 inch HD monitor with the most powerful computer with Ubuntu installed with everything funtioning right BUT my property will not get robbed or harmed in any way.

can I have that to... no wait a minute I already wished... dam my luck (picks up lamp and hucks it into the middle of a vulcano)... haha treats you right bad genie  :P

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare