collapse

Author Topic: My idea for a Guitar Hero spin-off game.  (Read 283 times)

Offline SpacemanHardy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2011, 10:21:53 PM
    • Email
My idea for a Guitar Hero spin-off game.
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:58:28 PM »
Okay.  Before I begin, I just want to acknowledge that the vast majority of you are going to think this idea is completely stupid.  Most of you will probably laugh at and insult me.  I realize this, and accept it.  My idea is one that is more than likely not going to go over well with most of you.  But, that's okay.  I'm going to tell you my idea anyway.

*deep breath*

Alright, here goes:

I would like to see a Guitar Hero fighting game.

Now, before you all burst out into uproarious laughter, think of it like this:  Anybody remember how good the first two Def Jam games were?  I don't even like rap, in fact I hate the vast majority of it, but I loved DJ: Fight For New York.  I still play it to this day, even.

So I thought, "Hey, it worked for rap stars.  Let's do the same for rock stars!!"  And considering that the Guitar Hero franchise is popular right now, it would help to sell it.

All of the basic things that made DJ great would return:  Different fighting styles, weapons, beating the crap out of celebrities, you name it.  But I also thought it would be cool to switch around the special attacks a little bit.  Say, when you're special bar is all the way up and you grapple your opponent, time freezes for a few seconds, and a fret board pops up.  Depending on how many notes you hit, it will affect your attack: Hit enough notes to get "OK!", and your attack will be successful; hit all the notes, and you'll get a damage bonus; hit too few notes, and your attack will backfire and your opponent will get a free shot at you.  Different characters will have different songs and note charts for their special moves, and the chart gets harder as you upgrade your moves.  Of course, you won't be playing this with a guitar controller, but it does help add a bit more of the GH experience into the game.

A far as characters go, all of the original guitar heroes will be back with their own unique fighting styles.  Axel is a street-brawler, Lars uses pro-wresting moves, and Izzy utilizes some sort of high-flying David Lee Roth technique.  You're also able to create your own character and choose your own special moves and fighting style.  But the main thing will be the special guests.  Just like Def Jam did for rap stars, this game will feature all sorts of icons from rock's past and present.  Slash, Gene Simmons, Rob Zombie, Tommy Lee, Ted Nugent, Henry Rollins, Dee Snider, Marylin Manson, Ozzy Osbourne, Gerard Way (admit it, you'd like to use him as a punching bag).... etc. etc. etc.  If they're big and scary on stage, they'd be perfect for this game.  Of course it'll only be their appearances and voices that will be licensed.  They won't actually be mo-capping their own martial arts moves.  I mean, that'd be stupid.

I also think it would be awesome if they could link the game together with GH: WT.  Say, for instance, that you've created a character in WT.  You could actually import that very character into this game, and vice versa.  Also, the fighting game's soundtrack could be exported and saved into WT as downloadable songs for free!!!

All that, combined with rock & roll based fighting venues like bars, clubs, and pool halls, using instruments as weapons, and the ability to beat the crap out of your least favorite singer while using your favorite guitarist, all make for a fighting experience that is familiar yet unique at the same time.  It's like being in a bar room brawl, only without all the stitches.

*sigh* Okay.  I'm done.  You may start with the mockery now.

*draws big target on chest*

The Krogan Sandwich.  Have you had yours today?

Offline SpacemanHardy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2011, 10:21:53 PM
    • Email
Re: My idea for a Guitar Hero spin-off game.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »
Wow.... NO responses.

I guess you guys really DID hate it, huh?

:| ??? :( :'(

The Krogan Sandwich.  Have you had yours today?

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
Re: My idea for a Guitar Hero spin-off game.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »
Wow.... NO responses.

I guess you guys really DID hate it, huh?

:| ??? :( :'(

lol you cant always expect replies in the same day

but if they can do it with rappers. then i dont see why they cant do it with guitarists and other rock people lol

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 [31]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal