collapse

Author Topic: old cartoon network  (Read 1347 times)

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
old cartoon network
« on: June 08, 2008, 06:35:21 PM »
every1 remember the old cartoon network and cartoon fridays before it wuz replaced by crappy and gay fried dynamate or wut ever the f*ck is called !!!!!!

feel the pain of the horrible loss of old cartoon network R.I.P

Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
Re: old cartoon network
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 06:38:27 PM »
man cartoon network has been dead for years now, only thing saving it is adult swim

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »
Cartoon Cartoon fridays hosted by Weasel and toonami Hosted by bob.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »
man cartoon network has been dead for years now, only thing saving it is adult swim
ur right adult swim is the only thing good !!!

wow u replyed fast
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:33:42 PM »
damn. cartoon network was da sh*t. but now... wtf am i looking at lol

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline Orochi Gill

• Club Syndicate Admin
  • Last Login:July 23, 2022, 10:53:52 PM
  • Best. Ever.
    • Call HOH SIS right now!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 07:41:56 PM »
Ah, old CN, good times. Introduced me to anime, and had a lot of good stuff.

Nowadays......ugh. %-(
I am the Phantom of the Bates Motel

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »
man.. I used to love the old cartoon network... lol.. I remember going on the pc, as well, to play the video games.. back when AOL was da $h1t... lol... Good times... I hated the day that they converted the old cartoon network to this new crap with real people being on the show and crap... man.. I wish I could go back in time, and kick whoever's @$$ that thought of that lame idea. Totally killed the ratings of cartoon network, man! I don't even go to that channel anymore...

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »
Yeah cartoon Network went down the drain I want some MegaXLR!

Where did that show go to?

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 08:10:12 PM »
Yeah cartoon Network went down the drain I want some MegaXLR!

Where did that show go to?

they showed da last episode a lot of times, the series has been reapeted many times. anyways yea i do miss the old cartoon network i use to love dexter. and even i remember when they use to show those dbz movies like the garlic jr movie back in 2000. it seems like the old big head tom that hosted toonami was wise now the new one is gay. crap yu yu hakusho, and ruroni kenshin dont even come on anymore, those was da best anime's that ever happened to cartoon network.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
man.. I used to love the old cartoon network... lol.. I remember going on the pc, as well, to play the video games.. back when AOL was da $h1t... lol... Good times... I hated the day that they converted the old cartoon network to this new crap with real people being on the show and crap... man.. I wish I could go back in time, and kick whoever's @$$ that thought of that lame idea. Totally killed the ratings of cartoon network, man! I don't even go to that channel anymore...

omg lol u just brought back so many bad memories, man I couldn't play crap on cartoon network with AOL, and when a game worked it moved really slow  :(

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »

omg lol u just brought back so many bad memories, man I couldn't play sh*t on cartoon network with AOL, and when a game worked it moved really slow  :(

I had dialup back then, took like an half an hour to load a flash game. :D

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 23, 2023, 06:47:15 PM
    • AWESOME HARE
    • https://squareup.com/store/random-select-comics
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 08:23:36 PM »

Liked it better when Moltar was hosting Toonami. Weekdays I used to watch nothing but Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. They even had custom intros, the one for the 1st season of DBZ was SMOKIN'!! Man I need to get a clear version of that beat on my Xbox some how.

[youtube=425,350]5ZFdNQZr_bo[/youtube]

Get ready for a powertrip.

This is great too!

[youtube=425,350]qjsnxQxvzuk[/youtube]

"Will Earth be destroyed?? Sailor Mars has the answer". So epic. XD

In addition to these two greats there was Thundercats, G Force, REAL Johnny Quest, Tenchi Muyo and many other cartoon legends.

Cartoon Cartoon was the truth! I don't know what it is about it that made it so attractive, all those toons appeared on one show then they were seperated... (I am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Cow & Chicken) I felt like heaven when I watched all those toons. I guess they have more character than "Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends". O_o

In addition to Toonami and Cartoon Cartoon's you also have your oldschool stuff like the Swat Kats, Tom & Jerry, Bugs & Daffy, Tom & Jerry Kids, Smurfs, Snorks, Whacky Races, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, The Flinstones and a whole lots more wonderful cartoons that touched our hearts. CN was the best!!!!

CN this ones for you! For real!!

[youtube=425,350]XT1wXm-rqLo[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]XAM55NPix_g[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]mrJsm0Qd0sA[/youtube]

Some of the greatest cartoons of all time.

*HUGE SIGH* ah Cartoon Network I knew them well. They should have never put that real mess on CN. By real mess I'm talking about those movies and that ultra-crappy show with the boy and the cartoons in it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 09:11:23 PM by Spidercide »
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 08:27:21 PM »

Liked it better when Moltar was hosting Toonami. Weekdays I used to watch nothing but Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. They even had custom intros, the one for the 1st season of DBZ was SMOKIN'!! Man I need to get a clear version of that beat on my Xbox some how.

[youtube=425,350]5ZFdNQZr_bo[/youtube]

Get ready for a powertrip.

This is great too!

[youtube=425,350]qjsnxQxvzuk[/youtube]

"Will Earth be destroyed?? Sailor Mars has the answer". So epic. XD

In addition to these two greats there was Thundercats, G Force, REAL Johnny Quest, Tenchi Muyo and many other cartoon legends.

Cartoon Cartoon was the truth! I don't know what it is about it that made it so attractive, all those toons appeared on one show then they were seperated... (I am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Cow & Chicken) I felt like heaven when I watched all those toons. I guess they have more character than "Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends". O_o

In addition to Toonami and Cartoon Cartoon's you also have your oldschool stuff like the Swat Kats, Tom & Jerry, Bugs & Daffy, Tom & Jerry Kids, Smurfs, Snorks, Whacky Races, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, The Flinstones and a whole lots more wonderful cartoons that touched our hearts. CN was the best!!!!

CN this ones for you! For real!!

[youtube=425,350]XT1wXm-rqLo[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]XAM55NPix_g[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]mrJsm0Qd0sA[/youtube]

Some of the greatest cartoons of all time.

*HUGE SIGH* ah Cartoon Network I knew them well. They should have never put that real mess on CN. By real mess I'm talking about those movies and that ultra-crappy show with the boy and the cartoons in it.

u might want to remove the youtube part and leave the number at the end for the videos

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
Sailor Moon... lmao.. I only watched like one episode.. and was like.. w..t..f.. lol..

DragonBallZ.. used to watch that every day.. I only see that show once a month.. lol.. on youtube! It went sour when they started the GT series.. and even that didn't make it on cartoon network.. i heard they were going to put it on the thingy.. but uh.. yeah.. didn't make it.. because the idiots over there.. working at cartoon network place.. made the biggest mistake of their lives.. the shows on cartoon network are so stupid.. like.. wtf is one piece about.. one piece of what? ham??

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »
Sailor Moon... lmao.. I only watched like one episode.. and was like.. w..t..f.. lol..

DragonBallZ.. used to watch that every day.. I only see that show once a month.. lol.. on youtube! It went sour when they started the GT series.. and even that didn't make it on cartoon network.. i heard they were going to put it on the thingy.. but uh.. yeah.. didn't make it.. because the idiots over there.. working at cartoon network place.. made the biggest mistake of their lives.. the shows on cartoon network are so stupid.. like.. wtf is one piece about.. one piece of what? ham??

One piece is better when read as manga. Also One piece is a huge amount of treasure which is hidden and luffy wants to become legendary for having the treasure.

Offline Orochi Gill

• Club Syndicate Admin
  • Best. Ever.
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 09:20:42 PM »
I watched Sailor Moon back when it was on Toonami, and I have to admit, I liked it. I liked DBZ when it came to the US. Gundam, Ronin Warriors, Zoids, and Robotron too. The thing that got me to stop watching CN anime was Hamtaro. It went nowhere, and it was just stupid. (no offense to Hamtaro fans).

The Cartoon Cartoons are a different story. Fosters, Lazlo, the Ed Edd and Eddy episodes from ~2001 on, and the revived Dexter's Lab got me to stop watching that network entirely. It just went down the toilet at that point and never came back.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 09:22:32 PM »
I don't read or watch one piece for many personal reasons.

Anyway, one thing I really miss from the old cartoon network is

[youtube=425,350]QUaCtgto0fo[/youtube]

of course I also miss the gundam shows (except for any Gundam show that has come out in the last 7 years).

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 23, 2023, 06:47:15 PM
    • AWESOME HARE
    • https://squareup.com/store/random-select-comics
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 09:26:04 PM »
Even though Sailor Moon was a very good anime series it wasn't for everybody. :D I loved it... to each his own then?

As for DBZ/GT they already knew GT failed in Japan. Sometimes I think after the Buu saga they should have just shown reruns for a good 2 more years and then pulled the show off the air, to spare us the agony of watching the Dragon Ball name go down in flames because of GT.

That Mugen Guy. Thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware they changed the forum. #:-S
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:10:11 PM by Spidercide »
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline Orochi Gill

• Club Syndicate Admin
  • Best. Ever.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »

Ah yes, I remember that. Great show.

As for DBZ/GT they already knew GT failed in Japan.

It failed because Toriyama wasn't the head guy over it. If he was, Goku wouldn'tve become a kid again, Pan would've hit SSJ, and SSJ4 would've looked like a proper SSJ.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »
Even though Sailor Moon was a very good anime series it wasn't for everybody. :D I loved it... to each his one then?

As for DBZ/GT they already knew GT failed in Japan. Sometimes I think after the Buu saga they should have just shown reruns for a good 2 more years and then pulled the show off the air, to spare us the agony of watching the Dragon Ball name go down in flames because of GT.

That Mugen Guy. Thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware they changed the forum. #:-S

no prob :)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »

One piece is better when read as manga. Also One piece is a huge amount of treasure which is hidden and luffy wants to become legendary for having the treasure.

It was a retorical question....... -.-  8=|

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 11:03:44 PM »
I miss the old CN the old Nick and the old Disney. These youngsters have all this garbage on the TV. But I do like Chowder on CN. He's funny

Offline Orochi Gill

• Club Syndicate Admin
  • Best. Ever.
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 11:20:57 PM »
Old Nickelodeon was awesome.

- Rocko's Modern Life
- Oldschool Rugrats (before Dill came in)
- Salute Your Shorts
- Wild and Crazy Kids
- Double Dare
- What Would You Do?

and so much more. Also, Mr. Summers, "We'll take the physical challenge!"

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 11:31:48 PM »

Ah yes, I remember that. Great show.

As for DBZ/GT they already knew GT failed in Japan.

It failed because Toriyama wasn't the head guy over it. If he was, Goku wouldn'tve become a kid again, Pan would've hit SSJ, and SSJ4 would've looked like a proper SSJ.
I like the way SSJ4 looks. I got really tired of all the blondes with green eyes.
Although I think the reason why they made Goku into a kid again, was because at the same time they were making the film Dragonball: Path to Power (it's a animated Dragonball film based on the first season that uses character designs similar to DBGT's which is really good imo).

Although yeah, DBGT needed Akira Toriyama.

As for Samurai Jack, I'm almost sure that there will never be a new episode of that because the voice actor of Aku ( Mako Iwamatsu) died of cancer 2 years ago. He also voiced Splinter for the TMNT 2007 film (he had finished recording his voice at the studio for Splinter and the movie was released the next year).

Offline Spike4536

• Last Login:May 19, 2009, 11:39:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
Old School CN Was Awesome! Now I only watch it for Adult Swim for Shows Like Robot Chicken and the occasional Bleach, But i usually just watch Bleach online with english subtitles.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD