collapse

Author Topic: SABRETOOTH Ver.1.5  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 28, 2008, 03:11:45 PM
    • Email
SABRETOOTH Ver.1.5
« on: March 31, 2008, 08:44:35 PM »
 8) Okay guys so here is my first version of Sabretooth with MUCH ANIMATION redone by me over the last three months, most will notice Birdie is almost completely renewed to give her a way better feel for peeps new to XvSF. :D

The Breathing Animation has been completely redone as well as added animations to Weapon X and Berserker Claw move and Super.

Note:Check the READ ME File to see all that has been done. ^-^

First I want to thank the INFINITY MUGEN TEAM for all of their help and patience with teaching me how to Animate and do Sounds and Coding.  You guys are truly a blessing to this world.

Apoc, Fallen Angel, Acey, Scar, Sabaki etc. all of you have been a great inspiration to me and have really upped my creative skillz.  And got me back into hand drawn stuff. :thumbsup:  BTW I WOULD LOVE AN EXTRA STAR ON MY AVATAR FOR THIS

ALSO CONGRATS TO ACEY FOR YOUR NEW KID!!!! =D>

And lastly My Loving Wife Maleah for putting up with the looong hours of me being on Fighter Factory LOL I LOVE YOU! :-[

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MY SABRETOOTH cause I may be doing Magneto Shortly After Sabretooth is 100%
As he is only  90% complete now (All he needs is Guardsparks changed and a couple of bug fixes) will release 100% sometime after comments come through.

ENJOY!!

By marius121 at 2008-03-31

DOWNLOAD HIM HERE.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wp3onmw9guy
http://www.mediafire.com/?zvjdcm51bxn
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?action=downloads
HE IS IN THE CHARACTER SECTION SORRY NO MORE MEDIAFIRE FOR ME :)

Sabretooth Ver.1.5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: Marius121
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table of Contents

-Disclaimer
   -Release Information
   -What Has Been done
   -What Needs to Be done
   -Move List
   -Kudos

DISCLAIMER:
The CNS, CMD, AIR, DEF, ACT, SFF layout, and SND layout is copyright of a one Marius121. No
portion of this archive is to be in any way modified or redistributed without the permission
of the author.

RELEASE INFORMATION:

First Release of Sabretooth By: Marius121

ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED THROUGH www.infinitymugenteam.com OR MEMBERS OF INFINITY MUGEN FORUM!

WHATS BEEN DONE:

03/27/08
-All Basics
-All Moves (Except Berserker (AIR) Throw)
-Throw
-Added Sprites for the following:     a)BIRDIE SHOT (Plasma) by: Marius121
                   b)All HITSPARKS Redone by: Marius121 courtesy of INFINITY MUGEN TEAM
                   c)GROUND SLAM ANIMATION by: Marius121
                   d)DASH ANIMATION and SOUND Redone by: Marius121
                             e)NEW BIRDIE SUPER MOVE Redone by: Marius121
                             f)NEW BREATHING ANIMATION by: Marius121 & B-reid
                   g)WEAPON X SUPER MOVE ANIMATIONS Redone by: Marius121
                   h)NEW SUPER MOVE STARTER SEQUENCE by: Marius121
                    i)CLAW ANIMATIONS Redone by: Marius121
                       j)BERSERKER CLAW X Redone by: Marius121
                   k)NEW SUPER JUMP ANIMATIONS by: Marius121
-Air Combos/Super Jump
-Berserker Claw/SUPER
-Weapon X
-Pallettes Done
-XVSF Ending
-2 Intro
-3 Win Pose
-Taunt
-Basic Sounds XVSF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/27/08
-Different Sprites for Supers?
-Added Sounds for the following:        a)AoA (Age of Apocalypse) Sprites
             b)Sound Improvements (Trade to MvC2?)
             c)NEW HYPER BACKGROUND and NEW Lvl 3 SUPER
             d)Bug Fixes (Super Jump, Guard Animation, Flash Animation)
             e)Add DOUBLE JUMP?
                          f)WALL CLING/WALL ATTACK?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOVE LIST:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-BERSERKER CLAW = QCF + any Punch
-BIRDIE SHOT = QCB + any Kick
-BERSERKER THROW = QCB + any Punch

SUPERS:
-BERSERKER CLAW X = QCF + any two Punches
-WEAPON X = FDFF + any two Punches
-BIRDIE PLASMA = QCB + any two Kicks

KUDOS:
Special Thanks to Sabaki for sound teaching, Fallen Angel for Basic Animation Teaching, Scar for Useful
Info regarding FF, Apoc for his support, and the INFINITY MUGEN TEAM for all of their brilliance!!

Lastly My Wife for her constant patience with me while doing this project, I LOVE YOU MALEAH!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:10:10 PM by Marius121 »

By marius121 at 2008-04-04

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
Re: SABRETOOTH Ver.1
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »
thanks for the release ill check him out and let you know  :)

Offline anggita

• Last Login:May 12, 2009, 11:39:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:07:43 PM »
Wow great release  :o

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 09, 2024, 04:34:20 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 10:35:51 PM »
Wow Marius! I am very impressed!! I am sure good people like Sabaki and KPT25 can give you a little more feedback that is deeper and more useful, I found that having the Medium Kick and Punch knocking P2 down was a little rough to get used to. I could not do a regular, clean LK/MK/HK or LP/MP/HP standing combo with it knocking P2 down upon impact. Also, Your Berserker Claw is outstanding! Upgraded to MUGEN creator!  =D>

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 11:37:48 PM »
As Excursion called me out,i needed to give it a quick run... :D
Congratulations on your release Marius121 and the upgrade to mugen creator...is well deserved of course
I noticed a couple of things you could take in mind:
*He has a lot of CLSN(Blue) boxes covering his stance...it`s good to be detailed of course,but more than 4 boxes to cover the entire character are too much,he has one to cover exclusively a single claw
*Mid punch and kick knock the opponent down,altough i noticed that opponents can be hit after that and follow an aerial rave.Was his Strong Punch supposed to knock the opponent into the air in XMVSF?i cannot remember that now
*The animation for the slash effect in the Hyper Berserk Claw is very slow,it was much faster in XMVSF
*The effect for the throw looks kind of weird to be honest...it looks like a low quality rip of Captain Commando`s Cap Corridor super move,or other thing i can`t remember right now...also it appears one of them is a bit misplaced
*His backdash seems to lack a few frames of animation...but nothing too noticeable

*On the good side,i love his aerial rave system...i comes out very easily,and the effects you used for him are really good.I noticed no infinite priority on any of his moves and i like how the Hyper combo finish BG came out,there are not a lot of mugen character that have that XMVSF styled
No debug flood anywhere,and even if it there was,if it didn`t affect gameplay it`s ok
Again,congrats marius121 for this great release...hopefully someone else has 10 minutes of time and give some more ,accurate and useful feedback as well,as i can give the "player`s view" kinda feedback so far  :)

Offline orochi yamazaki

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 01, 2012, 08:19:26 AM
  • I'm Orochi's power
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 09:09:11 AM »
A nice release!Thanks for this! :thumbsup:
Oy
orochiyamazaki@fastwebnet.it >>>>>My mail!!!XD
Mugenation sprite contest winner 1#
Avatar By Leon!Thanks a lot Brother!!!!

Offline Retire4ever!!!

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 09, 2010, 11:06:45 PM
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
This sabretooth is by far the best sabretooth other than Jin Kazama's in Dos Mugen and finally a good sabretooth in winmugen :) Thanks Marius121 for creating  ^^(PM)^

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »
 =D> Congrats on your release. I will DL and try him out. Hopefully, he's better than the game version.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
=D> Congrats on your release. I will DL and try him out. Hopefully, he's better than the game version.

Oh you do not have to worry about that Munky, He is by far better. ^-^

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »
Upgraded to MUGEN creator!  =D>

:w00t:
THANKS MUCH!!!
 :w00t:

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 03:25:46 PM »
congrats bro!!

He's a little slow and some of the hitsparks are off but overall its pretty decent.

Cant wait till you finished with him..
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline M79

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 27, 2012, 11:18:03 AM
    • Emuparadise
    • Email
Re: SABRETOOTH Ver.1.5
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 08:45:08 PM »
Wow. I have two Sabretooths, but this one just feels and looks so, complete. He moves so fluidly. Very well done, TC.
I'm in your computerz.......lurkin' ur internetz.

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 01:11:11 AM »
Wow. I have two Sabretooths, but this one just feels and looks so, complete. He moves so fluidly. Very well done, TC.

Thanks man I Really Appreciate the support :thumbsup:

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 03:28:46 AM »
Gave him a test run. Very good Sabretooth! Gameplay is very solid for a 1st character, and the FX are well put in. The new arrangements to some of his attacks are rather cool and add some new strategy to his gameplay. The new FX for Berserker Claw X is real nice & well implemented, and the wall jump is a great addition. No debug errors  =D>, that's quite an accomplishment! If anything needs attention, it would be the following: 

-Crouch LP will not hit opponents upclose. May want to make clsn1 bigger and extend it closer to Sabretooth's body.

-Walking forward and backward animation looks misaligned. Make sure that the cursor is directly under Sabretooth's center, for the most part.

-Sabretooth's a few pixels off the ground in both his standing and crouching anims.

-P2 should be launched higher upon the last hit of Berserker Claw X in my opinion (to make it look stronger)

-Some of his moves should have more cornerpush so to prevent infinites and otherwise unadvantageous gameplay for Sabretooth, such as standing HP and crouching HP.

-The slash marks during Berserker Claw should have sprpriority higher than Sabretooth. So, if Sabretooth's sprpriority is 3, then the slash marks should be 4 or 5.

-Could use some envshake for most of his attacks for more dramatic effect (ie Berserker Claw X)

-Speaking of dramatic effect, the white flashes that appear with each hit during his Supers are abit inconsistent, for sometimes you see them and sometimes you don't Also, you could make the flashes abit longer by maybe 1 or 2 ticks, for they feel too quick & barely noticeable.

-Beserker Claw X does the same amount of damage as his regular Berserker Claw move. You should give each hit during Berserker Claw X their own hitdef and add Kill = 0 for the 1st two, which'll ensure that only the 3rd hit kills the opponent.

-Each version of Berserker Claw all do the same damage. The only difference is in range and speed iirc.

-You have clsn1 during Sabretooth's dash forward and dash back.

-P2 can be hit after Weapon X quite easily if you try. For example, after Weapon X is finished, do crouch HP. Not only is the opponent launched, but you can followup with an Aerial Rave or another Weapon X (Berserker Claw X too, but it doesn't do enough damage) for even more damage.

He's a keeper, definitely (Jin's has been replaced). Can't wait till you get him to 100% and all the rest of his moves in (ie Lvl 3 super).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 04:14:51 AM by sabaki »

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »

-Walking forward and backward animation looks misaligned. Make sure that the cursor is directly under Sabretooth's center, for the most part.

-Sabretooth's a few pixels off the ground in both his standing and crouching anims.

-Beserker Claw X does the same amount of damage as his regular Berserker Claw move. You should give each hit during Berserker Claw X their own hitdef and add Kill = 0 for the 1st two, which'll ensure that only the 3rd hit kills the opponent.

-Each version of Berserker Claw all do the same damage. The only difference is in range and speed iirc.

-P2 can be hit after Weapon X quite easily if you try. For example, after Weapon X is finished, do crouch HP. Not only is the opponent launched, but you can followup with an Aerial Rave or another Weapon X (Berserker Claw X too, but it doesn't do enough damage) for even more damage.

He's a keeper, definitely (Jin's has been replaced). Can't wait till you get him to 100% and all the rest of his moves in (ie Lvl 3 super).

All fixed :thumbsup:

Except the Hit after Weapon X, sorry m8 but I have to keep that in cause its just too azn ^-^

I will work on the rest of the bugs you pointed out before releasing him as 100% (SHOULD BE SOMETIME NEXT WEEK FOLKS)

Thanks all for your great critique ;D

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 11:57:42 PM »
Future luck on your mugen creation endeavors ;D. I'll wait for the 100 percent version, but I'm sure he will replace my current version. I love how you redid Birdie :thumbsup:.

Thanks DG!

Offline MGMURROW

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 18, 2022, 06:04:45 PM
    • MGMURROW
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 05:43:14 PM »
after a little bit of testing:
his standing animations look slow
his move where he jumps then grabs you then flips and throws you is too slow and a little too high.
his launcher move doesnt allow p2 to recover at all, p2 should be able to recover in the air if not hit after being launched.
the weapon x hyper is too slow and the p2 ending velocity is off.
sabretooth has alot of chain moves and otg chain moves that are not in your character i think due to incorrect p2 hitdef velocities and/or incorrect air juggle points.
he can chain some hypers into hypers if timed right and throws into
hypers(mainly the air throw)

his normal combos are great(i forgot to check his chains into hypers and he has alot of those also)

willing to help if you would like

MGMURROW

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal