collapse

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Could it happen?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Could it happen?
« on: February 19, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »
I know there has been many topics about these 2 fighters and i know that boon attempted to reach capcom to see if they would do it and they said no. but i for one think they should go for it. i know all of u guys are going to say it wont work because their 2 totally different styles but i think they should try something new. im pretty sure they would make a truck load of money off of it. because there are millions of fans who really want this game to happen. and i think midway and capcom should make there own versions of the game like how capcom had a version of a Snk capcom crossover and so did SNK. that way ppl could get the game according to if they like mortal kombat more than sf. meaning they would get da midway version or if they were a sf player they could get the capcom version. wat do u guys think?

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
Re: Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter Could it happen?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 02:55:23 PM »
I know there has been many topics about these 2 fighters and i know that boon attempted to reach capcom to see if they would do it and they said no. but i for one think they should go for it. i know all of u guys are going to say it wont work because their 2 totally different styles but i think they should try something new. im pretty sure they would make a truck load of money off of it. because there are millions of fans who really want this game to happen. and i think midway and capcom should make there own versions of the game like how capcom had a version of a Snk capcom crossover and so did SNK. that way ppl could get the game according to if they like mortal kombat more than sf. meaning they would get da midway version or if they were a sf player they could get the capcom version. wat do u guys think?
no,
give it the Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks fighting Engine
and give the Street Fighters Moves acordingly

boom
mega-millions

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »
no,
give it the Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks fighting Engine
and give the Street Fighters Moves acordingly

boom
mega-millions

hell yea shaolin monks is like one of da few mk games where i think midway actually took time to make the game and not rush it played a lot like Devil May Cry i really enjoyed dat game i still have it my bro let one of his friends borrow it.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:10:46 PM »

?

seriously though, either the more complex street fighter players would be turned off to the watered down gameplay to match the MK guys, or the MK players would feel that they're favorite characters aren't treated well because of all of the re imagining that they'd have to go through to be up to par with the street fighter guys.

it would be like the first capcom vs snk all over again, where the capcom players bitched about some guys like guile being ruined with the four button system, and the SNK players bitched about some guys like terry being watered down to match the street fighter guys. then capsnk 2 came out, and the snk guys bitched because now all sorts of new timings and moves and stuff were added or f**ked up on their characters to make them fit in to the six button system, and they played nothing like their KOF coutnerparts.

also, how would they handle the violence? Personally I think it would be retarded to have ryu ripping someone's head off, and I sure as hell don't want to see ryu get his head ripped off, yet you can't take fatalities out or the MK guys would bee-otch because they're characters are losing a part of what defined them. do we take them out anyways, but compromise by leaving the blood in? wouldn't it still look a little silly to see chun li spurt blood everywhere from getting hit with a dragon punch? hell, the entire atmosphere of the games would be incompatable. MK fights happen on desolate streets, abandoned subways, torture rooms, or the very pits of hell, street fighter battles happen in chinese markets, dojo roftops, airforce bases full of spectators, or maybe even in wrestling rings. how do we mix the two and find a balance that doesnt make either group seem out of place? seeing kintaro in the middle of las vegas fighting balrog would seem a tad strange methinks. To the same effect, I refuse to believe that sakura would be cool with battling the lin quei in a room with racks of body parts hanging from the walls.

Good luck coming up with a story that makes sense. something tells me that ryu deciding to step through a magical portal that opens up out of nowhere, and thinking that a good opportunity to beat the sh*t out of a piss yellow ninja that he just met so that he can patch things up with his pal akuma would be a little hard to swallow.

if it were up to me, I would never let this game be made, but if it HAD to be done, I would have all of the MK guys redone in a similar art style to the SF guys, like binho does with his characters, leave the blood, ditch the fatalities, and try to come up with some sort of a fight system that uses a bit of both styles, but leaning more towards the street fighter side, but that's just me.

The only reason capcom vs snk worked, was because the two universes were more similar, and because they wholly avoided any sort of serious storyline (lack of "real" endings, whole game being treated like some kind of tournament on television).

in conclusion, it sounds like a dream match, but would never work properly outside of something like mugen, which is made as a mishmash of games lacking a storyline anyways. Their best bet would be to have an MK guy and a SF guy make a guest appearance as a hidden character in the opposite games, respectively, and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:14:58 PM by Tenspeed »

animugen

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:35:33 PM »
You mean THESE!!!!????

These battle are so frickin sick man.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 04:09:59 AM »
I can only picture SF4 (but way more chars) vs MKDA but with the Shaolin Monks stages. I think that would be the best rout to take. If they did this it shold be a roster combination like MKT & MVC.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »
I still say the Shaolin Monks engine.....

since it seems
no-one but me and Nutty
have played it
I feel it could easily work
example(I played it on PS2 btw lol)
Ryu
R2+Square = Hadouken
R2+Triangle = shoryuken
R2+O = Hurricane kick

also
whoever said that the Street Fighters
HAD TO
have Fatalities?
I simplly say
make them have there ULTIMATE Moves
as in-put for "Finishing Move"
EXAMPLE
FINISH HIM!
V > V > O for Ryu = Shin Shoryuken

the only one I think would be diffrent is Akuma XD
he'd just have the ShunGokuSatsu for his Fatality

Akuma Move list
R2+square = Gou Hadouken (can be done mid air)
R2+triangle = Shoryuken
R2+circle = I can't think of the name of It RIGHT NOW but that move he, does flip and can either counter/grab you (can connect mid-air for a grab)
ShunGokusatsu = FINISH HIM, Square,O,>,O,O (I got nothing better I can think of,lol)

you guys following me?...

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 08:19:19 AM »
 ^^(PM)^  Those are some interesting ideas Negi, I haven't played Shaolin Monks..I've seen it though. I think that would be a more plausible concept than what people normally would expect. It would be something different and I think it could possibly work....quick run this idea over to Capcom and Midway so they can finally make the crossover many people have been wanting to see.....*sigh* they wouldn't go for it though, but then again we thought Capcom vs SNK would never happen.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 08:35:12 AM »
[youtube=425,350]ScoYT4BsB2Y[/youtube]

SF chars with the onscreen commands like that? Thats exactly what I meant.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 08:36:42 AM »
                                                      That was very interesting Negi , that most certainly would be
                                                      Very interesting to see but a wish is a wish after all.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 01:40:08 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ yea i agree the shaolin monks game play was really fun especially on vs mode me and my bro would sit there and play for hours now for all u guys who havnt played it get up and get it if u played the others ones than u dont know wat u are missing the story is great and it may be the best mk ever even if u are not mk fan it is still very fun its just like devil may cry. anyways i dont think the story would be too hard to think of obviously ryu and da street fighters are on earth. meaning the story would take place in earthrealm. shao kahns and da dragon king team up and their  army invades earthrealm they are too much for liu kang and the others. so obviously they travel to find fighters to help bam they meet ryu and ken or watever see not to hard to come up wit a story. oh and midway has to do da intro they intros are da best.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »
this is somthing mayby even Nutty doesnt know about...
SURVIVAL MODE!
Imagene...a brawl like this!
but also with some SF chars in there!

OMGZ
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W5pRnD6a8FY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W5pRnD6a8FY</a>

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 01:55:23 PM »
this is somthing mayby even Nutty doesnt know about...
SURVIVAL MODE!
Imagene...a brawl like this!
but also with some SF chars in there!

OMGZ
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W5pRnD6a8FY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/W5pRnD6a8FY</a>

oh yea i read about survival mode on wikipedia when i saw shaolin monks on wikipedia i was like wtf there is no survial mode on shaolin monks but i guess there is i got to try to get it.

animugen

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »
 ^^(PM)^

It would be sick if it was just like that.I mean SF4 and Shaolin Monks?Think about how awesome that be.Even Too bad it'll never happen though.But it'll be nice if it did.Ever since I was a little kid I always wanted to see streetfighter and mortal kombat go at it.Since Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat were the 1st 2 fighting games that I got into.I'm surprised Capcom and Midway never wanted to do a SF Vs MK.If the game were to exist what characters from both franchises would you like to see in it?

Me

MK

Lui Kang
Sonya Blade
Jax
Shang Tsung
Kano
Subzero
Scorpion
Smoke Both
Kabal

SF

Ryu
Ken
Dan
Sakura
Chunli
Akuma
Guy
Cody
Karin

What about all of you?   :-??

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 02:01:51 PM »
I would like to see more than that^ but you cant go wrong with the veterans, I guess.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

animugen

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »
I was just putting down the chars I like most from both franchises.Darnit I should've included that  ~X(

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 02:12:38 PM »
^^(PM)^

It would be sick if it was just like that.I mean SF4 and Shaolin Monks?Think about how awesome that be.Even Too bad it'll never happen though.But it'll be nice if it did.Ever since I was a little kid I always wanted to see streetfighter and mortal kombat go at it.Since Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat were the 1st 2 fighting games that I got into.I'm surprised Capcom and Midway never wanted to do a SF Vs MK.If the game were to exist what characters from both franchises would you like to see in it?

Me

MK

Lui Kang
Sonya Blade
Jax
Shang Tsung
Kano
Subzero
Scorpion
Smoke Both
Kabal

SF

Ryu
Ken
Dan
Sakura
Chunli
Akuma
Guy
Cody
Karin

actually midway tried to do da crossover they contacted capcom but they said no because sometimes capcom like to act like gay crybabies for example da sammy vs capcom incident.

animugen

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
^^(PM)^

Me

MK

Lui Kang
Sonya Blade
Jax
Shang Tsung
Kano
Subzero
Scorpion
Smoke Both
Kabal

SF

Ryu
Ken
Dan
Sakura
Chunli
Akuma
Guy
Cody
Karin

actually midway tried to do da crossover they contacted capcom but they said no because sometimes capcom like to act like gay crybabies for example da sammy vs capcom incident.

Oh yeah I've heard of that.The Sammy Vs Capcom Incident.Capcom was unhappy to hear how everyone wanted their characters to be more Guilty Gear Style rather than Capcom for the game.They said no.C'mon Capcom Stop acting like children and do something new.

I might start up a topic about Sammy Vs Capcom though.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 03:54:29 PM »
The Sammy Vs Capcom Incident.Capcom was unhappy to hear how everyone wanted their characters to be more Guilty Gear Style rather than Capcom for the game.They said no.C'mon Capcom Stop acting like children and do something new.

I might start up a topic about Sammy Vs Capcom though.

I never heard that story...?
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

animugen

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »
Maybe I will start up a topic then for those who knows nothing about what happened.Truthfully I don't know that much.I know one of the reasons why it got cancelled is because how they were trying to decide what style the game's characters should be.They left it up to the fans and the fans wanted Guilty Gear since it's hi res graphics and such so I know that's one of the reasons.

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »
well i may or may not happen but gud topic
in the mean time just create your sf vs mk in mugen with a small select screen  ;D
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 02:13:44 PM »
in the mean time just create your sf vs mk in mugen with a small select screen  ;D

Speaking of that I just got this reply:

will I finish Scorpion? probably not for a while, I lost inspiration since the lack of sprites held me back. But, a new project is set for me, so... soeone can take over scorpion if they want to

<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
maybe a petition for this game could do us some good.

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »
well start it off bro
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »
can we start a internet petition or does it have to be a actuall letter.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

* IMT Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat