collapse

Author Topic: My Edit of Binho's Scorpion by me race45  (Read 1963 times)

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
My Edit of Binho's Scorpion by me race45
« on: April 13, 2008, 01:20:48 PM »
Hello mugen fans!!! its me race45 again, and this time i'm back wit a brand new edit of one of Binho's Mortal Kombat Characters!!!!
Yes thats right, and this time its Subzero's rival for life, its the one, the only, Scorpion!!!!! :o :o
So folks don't just stand there reading, go ahead and download this awesome edit of him now and i mean RIGHT NOW!!!! ;D  :thumbsup:
And don't just take my word on this, just look at this supermove i gave him...... (He rocks!!!  :w00t:) Enjoy!!!!!!

here is the download link http://www.esnips.com/web/j23almightysStuff    the password is : time2race

HEY ATTENTION TO EVERYBODY!!!!! URGENT, GO AND REDOWNLOAD SCORPION  IF U HADN'T ALREADY BECUZ I HAD TO FIX THE PAUSETIME IN HIS FLAMEBALL, IF U DO NOT FEEL LIKE DOWNLOADING HIM AGAIN THEN OPEN UP THE ESPECIAL FILE AND LOOK FOR STATE 44444 (FlameBall) AND CHANGE THE PAUSETIME TO 0,10 (THE REASON WHY THE OTHER PLAYE LAGS LIKE THAT AFTER THE HIT IS BECAUSE THE PAUSE TIME FOR THE OTHER PLAYER IS SET TO 90 SO SET IT TO 10 OK!!! 

And now, here's the info on the edit,

EDITS
1. Scorpion now can combo very easily and go from almost any move to another
2. He can cancel out some super moves like Capcom Vs.Snk characters.
3. He has 3  new  original super moves... They all include binho's super backgrounds and hit sparks and also blood..
and also one new special move...
4. I wanted scropion to have a voice so, i gave him a  original voice.. (Yes that's right, its original)
5. I changed his cns so that the ground velocity wouldn't be so high so combos would connect
6. I added sounds to his snd for his punches and kicks and also for his super moves and his voice...
7. And last but not least, i added a Standing fierce punch and kick so that he he will be sorta 6 button like..
(Fierce punch = Z    Fierce Kick = c)

New Special Move!!!!!!!!!!!
1.Flame Ball = D,DF,F,y

New Super Moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.Hell Flame = D,F,D,F,z (Lvl1)

2.Ninjitsu Thrust = D,B,D,F,z (Lv2)

3.Scorpion Stinger = D, DB ,B , D, DB ,B ,y (Lvl3) (Love This move its so tight, go and try it, original idea by me)

New Special Move!!!!!!!!!!!
Things i need to add.....
1.Well i need to add both a crounch and air kick and punch so that subzero can truly be a 6 button character
2.Maybe do more voice overs for him
3.Add like 2 more intros
4.Make it where somehow where all is fatalitys work on anybody

Once again i'd like to thank Binho for allwoing me do these edits of his characters, thanks binho!!!!  :thumbsup:

I'd also like to thank each and everyone of you for downloading this edit and also for giving helpful feedback,
that really made me feel appreciated and respected, so i kno for sure that i will continue to make things for mugen for you all to enjoy.....

Shouts out to DarkTalbain and KTP25!!! Thanks DT for keeping me hyped up about your Spawn, its made me up my game up in making this edit,
and also to you KTP25 for supporting me by broadcasting at the top of forum, that really was appreciated dude and thanks...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:22:07 PM by race45 »

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
Re: My Edit of Binho's Scorpion by me race45
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »
sounds good and as long as you have permission is alright, kudos on the edit

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:33:35 PM »
thanks a bunch love the sub edit cant wait to check the scorpion edit now if we could get some decent AI for these 2 that would be great  :)  thanks

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
sounds good and as long as you have permission is alright, kudos on the edit
Of course i have permission, have you seen my other edit, i have binho's exact words on there (LookDown).....
i'm not tryin to get smart of come at you in any bad way, i'm just leting you and everybody kno that i do have permission and even Excursion knows that i do...
I have had emails back and forth with binho and he very aware that i hosting this. As long as i give credit to him and provide a new read me and leave his readme there, i'm good which i have done.... other than that, i hope every one enjoys......  I respect the mugen laws and will continue to do so

RE: Binho i'd like to ask you something about one of your characters
Hello Friend !!

Thats good that you like my chars !!
I intend to do an updating in all the chars of MK that I did, the problem is that I don't have a long time to do that, so i am going slowly  :/
I don't see a problem in you placing the update or edit that you did for download!!
Don't remove the credits that I gave to the people who helped me with the chars !! please.
And I also intend to do an update one day, I hope you don't see problem if I use something that you did when I update sub-zero. :p

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:33:08 -0700
Subject: Binho i'd like to ask you something about one of your characters
To: mugenbinho@Hotmail.com

Hey Binho, my name is race45... I was very grateful and impressed with all of your work and i was just one of your fans just waiting and waiting for a newer update with one of your characters, and one inparticular was subzero so..... With sometime and effort i too learned some coding with mugen and i took it upon myself to edit your subzero for my own personal use.... don't get me wrong i like everything that u did for the character, i just wanted to add more to him.... And i didn't leak it in anyway, i took it upon myself to come and ask u would it be alright if i released an edit of your character to mugen... Its not really an edit its an add on, cus all i did was add more moves and sound effects, i kept everything that u did.... Of course i would giv u credit for making the character, all i want is your permission... now if this isn't enough then feel free ta say why or something ok.... i thank for your time reading this and take care....

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »
HEY ATTENTION TO EVERYBODY!!!!! URGENT, GO AND REDOWNLOAD SCORPION I HAD TO FIX THE PAUSETIME IN HIS FLAMEBALL, IF U DO NOT FEEL LIKE DOWNLOADING HIM AGAIN THEN OPEN UP THE ESPECIAL FILE AND LOOK FOR STATE 44444 (FlameBall) AND CHANGE THE PAUSETIME TO 0,10 (THE REASON WHY THE OTHER PLAYE LAGS LIKE THAT AFTER THE HIT IS BECAUSE THE PAUSE TIME FOR THE OTHER PLAYER IS SET TO 90 SO SET IT TO 10 OK!!! 

And thanks Teamspoiler, i appreciate it dude.

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »
Thanks for the head up I love the Scorpion finisher. :o ^^(PM)^

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 03:47:29 PM »
I kno, i was thinkin about givin him some kind of raging demon move.... But what i have will just have to do for now.....

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
Well I decided that I should try out your edits, today. I must say you are great at editing. The only thing I see wrong with your 2 edits is that they are not fully 6-button chars... if that's what you wanted to go for, then I think you should go for it, because that will make them SUPREME!!

I like the new hell flame super! That's really cool.

Keep up the good work!

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
yeah i want to make them fully 6 button but the sprite for the motion i do not have, they only have so many ya kno, maybe i could put together somethin that may look like somethin else and then i'll have them all don but i will do all of that in my updates of them... I just wanted to go ahead and share will u all because i knew with subzero out then scorpion of course would be a very high demand.... enjoy ok....

Offline frozsoul

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 27, 2014, 11:08:17 PM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »
Hey race45.  Great work on Scorpion, arguably even better than your enhanced version of Sub-Zero!   :)

I really like the new supers you gave him, particularly the flame special from the skull.  The new voice is very good, but to be honest I find it can be a tiny bit overbearing when he constantly attacks.  I'm just nitpicking here of course.  Again, I think some more drama would be great, such as adding smoke effects after the opponent gets flamed, and a loud "thud" sound when the opponent hits the wall after being hit by his spear super (sort of like Wonder Woman's rope swinging super)

I like how the AI is improved from Binho's version.  However, it's still considerably weaker than Sub-Zero's both in strength and variety of moves (Scorpion tends to spam his moves more).  With a slight boost he would be a force to reckon with in my roster.
Anxiously waiting for CvS Fei Long and CvS Rose

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 11:47:25 PM »
congratulations  :thumbsup: scorpion is my favorite mk character and one of my all time favorites..i'll check it out as soon as i get the chance.

I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 12:13:13 AM »
Hey race45.  Great work on Scorpion, arguably even better than your enhanced version of Sub-Zero!   :)

I really like the new supers you gave him, particularly the flame special from the skull.  The new voice is very good, but to be honest I find it can be a tiny bit overbearing when he constantly attacks.  I'm just nitpicking here of course.  Again, I think some more drama would be great, such as adding smoke effects after the opponent gets flamed, and a loud "thud" sound when the opponent hits the wall after being hit by his spear super (sort of like Wonder Woman's rope swinging super)

I like how the AI is improved from Binho's version.  However, it's still considerably weaker than Sub-Zero's both in strength and variety of moves (Scorpion tends to spam his moves more).  With a slight boost he would be a force to reckon with in my roster.

Yeah, maybe a little but i forgot how to do that code where the snd plays the sound randomly but ahhh what the heck i might go back and change that or what i might do is take some of it out of some of the attacks, that way he will still say a grunt or too but not in every attack.... i'm glad that you like the new moves... i agree about adding in more effects to him, i just have to think of some and figure out how to code it in, but as always, i always do so... until i add more please enjoy what i have now.... In my opion he's betta than Subzero, but see now that i made scorpion that tight, i'm gonna have to go back and add even more to subzero....

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 02:59:09 AM »
Yeah Infinity members, i'd just like to show you guys something that this guy posted on mugen infantry about this scorpion edit, and i wasn't too happy about it either:

You made a decent character into a piece of broken crap.

See this is what i'm talkin about,  its your opinion but clearly you're being disrespectful (Now you see guys,
this right here is what pisses people who do things for mugen off!!  \-/o  >:()
Now guys you see what i meant when i posted that comment on the subzero edit post when i said not to get on here bashing, or giving back disrespectful feedbacks, well see what i mean :-w.... Now that same guy is in big trouble and the mods r about to fry him...... See thats why creators get upset sometimes...... >:(

Like i kno he was stating his opinion but there is a way to talk to people, like for instance, if he didn't like the character then, All he had to do was say he didn't like it,  a legitimate reason as to why, and thats it, not get on there and say its a broken piece of sh*t....You see what i mean  \-/o, like honestly, do you think i would've cared if he had just said he didn't like it, um nooooooooooo, i mean like over 500 people and still counting have already downloaded the edits and more than 100 have left comments from 3 different sites.... I'm sorry if i may seem a lil over the edge here :-?? but i kno you all can feel where i'm comin from right?..... And see thats why i luv this forum because Acey and Excursion and the rest keep order in this forum... SO A MESSAGE TO ALL, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO STATE YOUR OPINION BUT DON'T GET ON HERE SAYIN CRAP LIKE THAT AND CUSSIN AT ME OK, CUS ITS IMMATURE AND PLEASE BELIEVE THAT I WILL MAKE SURE THE MODS GET YOU WTH A SNAP OF A FINGER!!!!!!  >:(   >o:-(

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 06:30:29 AM »
race don't sweat it . There are haterz even on the net . I heard that a few times with Hobgoblin too . " this character is sh*t " I said the same thing . OK don't just tell me it's sh*t give me a reason why you think this & maybe it can help me improve him . Of course they didn't .

That happened here , so it's not just infantry . That can go on anywhere . Creators have to take the good with the bad , that's just the way it goes .

BTW Scorpion is sweet . I agree with doing something with his AI . I still like Sub better just because he is on of my favorite MK characters . But they both turned out real well  . 

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 06:32:19 AM »
Dt thanks man, like r u there, i really need ta talk to you about what just happened over ay mugen infantry.....

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »
this guy over by the name of wild tengu is over there hatin bad, and he talkin about the old update of subzero and i'm like dude i clearly have it posted to go and redownload him and scorpion... and then i had one other guy getting on acting like he some kind of judge and be "mr. referee and sayin stuff like "The final verdict is" i'm like dude, just because you would have did things differently yourself than what i did doesn't mean my edit is bad in areas you say they r, you just don't like it becuase you would have don it your way.... Then he gonna say i made too many supers, well all i did was add 3 more i mean my God he acts like i made tons and tons like some other guys... Then about the voice, he says he doesn't like the voice, i'm like um ok, thats is your opinion, i got over 500 mo folks liking it.....
i remember when i use ta download characters for mugen and read some of the posts and it just made me like man i'm glad i'm not a creator because they do all of that work and then some butt whole comes along and doesn't giv back creative advice in a friendly way, they wanna make jokes which causes other people to make more jokes and so on and on thus = MUGEN DRAMA
Anyway i see now why people go private and why they don't release ,they just show it off to other people....

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 07:12:02 AM »
Try dealing with lord vader & Ricezilla . Oops did I say that out aloud ?  :DxDie

Anyway do what I have done for the past few months now . Create & do your thing .

Ignore the morons that just like to cause trouble . I don't even acknowledge their existance anymore . Because that's what most of these guys want , the attention & fight . Beat them at there own game , don't give in to them .

You ever notice that the majority of guys that do stuff like that couldn't create a character if you did it for them , but just didn't include the def file . They still wouldn't know what to do with it .

Infantry is a pretty rough crowd . I don't even go there ever . I'm sick of fighting on the net over this free engine .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 07:23:13 AM »
yeah man, they r crazy, i'm not goin there no more, im not releasing my stuff to them anymore, i'm sorry, they can forget it and i'm gonna tell KPT@5 to not post it up for them either

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 28, 2008, 03:11:45 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:20 PM »
Okay okay where to start I loved a lot of aspects of this character Race however there are also things I that annoyed me as well so Ill give you some good and some bad okay. ;D

8)
THE GOOD  :D

A) The new voice and sounds were nothing short of amazing, and I was very impressed with the way you did that on both Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Good Job :thumbsup:

B)The Animality Supers were a genious idea and I liked how you needed 3 levels to achieve doing them VERY COOL! 8)

C)The Animation for his flare super move was flawless and went with the feel of the overall character again GJ.

D)Addition of the fireball was good (COULD MAYBE CHANGE it to different sprite instead of dhalsims fireball.)

THE BAD  o.O#

A) Although his chains are easy to pull off the switch from uppercut to z button was a real harsh thing to deal with when I wanted to end a lot of his combos with an Uppercut. ~X(
(TRY NOT TO CHANGE THE BUTTONS UNTIL YOU HAVE 100%) I couldnt tell what you were trying to do with z and c buttons at all to tell you the truth.

B)His dbdf+y super move was almost impossible to pull off compared to his other supers. [-X

C)His grab special "GET OVER HERE" still has Bhinos mistake of leaving some of the rope behind the character when doing his special. (Do it a couple of times youll see what I mean. PLEASE CHANGE THAT)

I wont get into to much more until you can fix these to be more user friendly and please take your time on it before putting out another.

I loved the character however I had to switch back to BHINOS originals because his 4 buttons feel complete whereasthe lack of completion with yours left me wanting more to him from you, I;E (It looked like you were going for 6 buttons).

I am looking forward to your 100%  :-w

PS. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD CHAINING SCORPION TAKE REFERENCE FROM THE MvC Scorpion. I forget who is making that but you will see what I mean. XD||

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:28:43 PM by Marius121 »

By marius121 at 2008-04-04

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 10:45:33 PM »
Thanks alot man, i appreciate the feedback..

Offline Marius121

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 28, 2008, 03:11:45 PM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 10:52:35 PM »
Thanks alot man, i appreciate the feedback..

Anytime and please take no offense to any of that I would just love to see a complete and flawless character out there, I believe you are the guy who can make this happen for quite a few MK edits. ^^(PM)^

By marius121 at 2008-04-04

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 12:14:45 AM »
Ha ha ha u must think im mad because of what i said in that post earlier... naw man its cool, you r givin back the kind of feedback i want and need so its nuthin personal at all and after all you made sabertooth and he was so good they got him in the EOH project so if anyone knows what they r talkin about then its you..... I just got upset at that other guy wild tengu because he purposes starts up stuff in everybody's topic over there at mugen infantry and its bad..... The mod basically said that i might have to get use to him basically being a jerk, now ain't that sumthin, so he just gets away with stuff with just a warning..... He comes back and post useless stuff in my topic and tries make people not like my edit on purpose just because he doesn't... its bad......

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 12:50:52 AM »
Offtopic My friend race45 the best thing to do is ignore people like that they are just a bunch of losers with no lifes as DT as stated. Those kind of people don't deserve my respect ever that called trolling.The thing I don't understand is why didn't he kept his mouth shut. It very easy it not like he was forced to download the character anyway.

Anyway on topic scorpion is amazing The scorpion hyper is amazing you just do whatever you want to scorpion since Binho has given you permission he is a nice person. My Team creations have been dissed are we stopping no we just ignore and the team creations are getting updated. anyway good luck. ^^(PM)^

Offline tremainekr

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 17, 2021, 03:04:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 01:52:47 AM »
                                                              >:(

CALM DOWN MAN THIS ALWAYS MAKES ME FELL BETTER... <_<|...|...LOL HONESTLY IT REALLY DOES

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Your sig is way too big - Admin

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »
Offtopic My friend race45 the best thing to do is ignore people like that they are just a bunch of losers with no lifes as DT as stated. Those kind of people don't deserve my respect ever that called trolling.The thing I don't understand is why didn't he kept his mouth shut. It very easy it not like he was forced to download the character anyway.

Anyway on topic scorpion is amazing The scorpion hyper is amazing you just do whatever you want to scorpion since Binho has given you permission he is a nice person. My Team creations have been dissed are we stopping no we just ignore and the team creations are getting updated. anyway good luck. ^^(PM)^
Aww thanks man, like you guys really make me feel respected and see thats why from now on, infinity will get all of my future edits only... becuz even though some may say disrespectful things about me cause mugen drama about my edits here, there r still alot who giv back good feedback  and actually luv what i did and i appreciate it, really i do..... 

Don't worry, i won't stop making edits....

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare